» «
Photo

car damage and driving is really well done

41 replies to this topic
fam80
  • fam80

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:24 PM Edited by fam80, 14 September 2013 - 12:26 PM.

i don't know why everyone is bickering about the car mechanics 
In gta IV You could dent cares really easily and that made them look sh*tty quickly Now you just spent over say 10000 on a car you don't want to f*ck it up you want it to look nice without busting it up the car damage is awesome it just requires a harder fall or in that video getting crushed by a train between a wall and to people saying the driving is arcade like it's a sports car they move like that you don't want to be going over 100 and not be able to turn but in a video he is driving cop car and it slides and feels more natural Because it doesn't have down force from spoilers and aerodynamic design etc

• ColatoralFenix likes this

topdownshooter
  • topdownshooter

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:28 PM Edited by topdownshooter, 14 September 2013 - 12:33 PM.

That's a good point. Whenever I had a car I liked in GTA IV it was ruined within 30 seconds.

Zorenic
  • Zorenic

I'll have a number nine.

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:28 PM

My brain hurt from reading that.

• Cyper and Nertez like this

Lanzfeld113
  • Lanzfeld113

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:30 PM

Well instead of Mario Kart physics you should learn to drive well in the game so you don't bang up your whip.

See...they dumbed down the system so you didn't have to learn to drive. This makes you happy?

snacker111
  • snacker111

GTA

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:32 PM

the physics in gta iv were still better. In gran turismo 5 you cant do turns at 100 miles per hour, thats unrealistic, your car would spin out. Stop believing the people defending rockstar, its not true. The physics DO in fact suck big time.

Cylon
  • Cylon

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:34 PM

One solution to keep cars from being damaged was I don't know, learning to drive? Nah, might be too hard.

PotatoTheftAuto
  • PotatoTheftAuto

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

In gta IV You could dent cares really easily and that made them look sh*tty quickly Now you just spent over say 10000 on a car you don't want to f*ck it up you want it to look nice without busting it up

What kind of argument is that?

Just drive so careful to not f*ck up your car. Besides there's always Pay and Spray, and as far as I know there's car insurance in V so if you f*ck up your car you can get a new one for free.

NOTHING justifies dumbed down, less realistic car damage.

twigs2001
  • twigs2001

Homie

• Members

I can understand the car damage being tweaked for your modded cars, but definately disagree on the driving...

K1monster
  • K1monster

Hustler

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:35 PM

the physics in gta iv were still better. In gran turismo 5 you cant do turns at 100 miles per hour, thats unrealistic, your car would spin out. Stop believing the people defending rockstar, its not true. The physics DO in fact suck big time.

Cry some more dont buy it then if u dont like it

physics are perfect, and u have to consider this map is so huge they make cars a bit more tough because if it was like iv u couldnt get into a normal car chase without blowing up ur car every few blocks, because the cars are hard to destroy u can have bigger chases

and u say physics suck

GTFO

ive seen alot of cars totally ripped apart even better than what was possible in IV

DUMBASS

TheJasonGallant
  • TheJasonGallant

Random Player

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:37 PM

It's a game, it's meant to be fun, not realistic.

r34ld34l
  • r34ld34l

PC Gamer

• Members
  • Slovenia

Cry some more dont buy it then if u dont like it

physics are perfect, and u have to consider this map is so huge they make cars a bit more tough because if it was like iv u couldnt get into a normal car chase without blowing up ur car every few blocks, because the cars are hard to destroy u can have bigger chases

and u say physics suck

GTFO

ive seen alot of cars totally ripped apart even better than what was possible in IV

DUMBASS

Watcout we have butthurt over here.

Lanzfeld113
  • Lanzfeld113

Street Cat

• Members

K1 Monster,

Physics is not broken cars...that's damage.

PotatoTheftAuto
  • PotatoTheftAuto

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:38 PM Edited by PotatoTheftAuto, 14 September 2013 - 12:39 PM.

and u say physics suck

GTFO

DUMBASS

Yeah they can be ripped apart by a f*cking TRAIN

but 100mph head to head collision with another car does f*ck all, hardly any scratch

Seriousman
  • Seriousman

Anti-ReligionMan

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:39 PM

I agree with you

twigs2001
  • twigs2001

Homie

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:40 PM

and u say physics suck

GTFO

DUMBASS

Yeah they can be ripped apart by a f*cking TRAIN

but 100mph head to head collision with another car does f*ck all, hardly any scratch

This is true, when i have seen car damage being inflicted its usually via the train or driving into trees to show it off, yet to see any major damage from a head on collision.

Costar
  • Costar

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:30 PM

But you have to remember, GT 5 is a racing simulation game, GTA V is not. I've played all in the series but GT 5, the license tests etc, its more applicable to RL driving mechanics, its really good for simulation driving/racing but it has no storyline, characters, weapons, etc, its automotive racing around various tracks and thats it.

I think R* is doing a fine job of mixing in small bits of interest w/ car customization, weapon customization, mini-games etc all in this still story-based free-roam environment. I'm sure that in the making of the game they werent worried to death "will ppl not buy our game or hate it strictly because we dont develop vehicle physics that is specifically to their liking?!" .... If the vehicles are drivable (and I'm sure they are) to get from point A to B w/out requiring a *magic spell" I think we'll be ok. :lol:  Its not Gran Tursimo, its not "driving simulator 101" and its not intended to be :D

NADOLNY
  • NADOLNY

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:34 PM

That's a good point. Whenever I had a car I liked in GTA IV it was ruined within 30 seconds.

Same here

Beautiful Infernus, shining bright... 10 secs later crashed and f*cked up

Starz
  • Starz

Niko

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:42 PM

The driving looked fine when I was watching the leaks, don't see why people keep complaining...

HighOnGTA
  • HighOnGTA

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:16 PM Edited by HighOnGTA, 14 September 2013 - 07:05 PM.

For those of you that are using arguments such as "GTA isn't supposed to be a driving- & physics-simulator, and it never was supposed to be either":

That would normally had been ok, considering that it's only a game. But the problem this time around, is that GTA V's predecessor, GTA IV, had MORE realistic driving- & physics-simulation than it's successor, GTA V, presumably will have.
In other words; the problem is that Rockstar already has introduced realistic driving- & physics-simulation to a higher degree before, than what presumably is currently introduced in GTA V.

So us "haters'" perception of the driving- & physics-simulation in GTA V, is thereby that Rockstar is backtracking/goes in the wrong direction, in terms of their already established evolution of gaming-physics.

It's like Rockstar first served you the finest wine, just to replace it with Coca Cola from Mc Donald's. (Okey, that's an extreme metaphor, but you get the point.)

So - GTA V's driving- & physics-simulation wouldn't have seemed so bad if they hadn't already served us even more realistic driving- & physics-simulation in GTA IV.

A game never needs to be a perfect simulation of real life (because it's a game!), but a successor to an earlier edition of the same game, should always seem more REAL/LIKELY in its gameplay than its predecessor. And THAT is what GTA V seems to have failed to achieve.

• TabooV2 likes this

natsamson
  • natsamson

PlayStation Gamer

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:22 PM

The driving physics look ok to me, this is coming from someone who has only seen streams and gameplay videos, however I have seen a slight suspension unrealism when a person went up the kurb onto the pavement it looked like he was a magnet and stuck to the floor, might have been the type of car it was a low sports car, but hell, its not meant to be realism so Im not really bothered lol. Cant wait to get my hands on this game.

TiggerThaWigger
  • TiggerThaWigger

Heisenberg

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:33 PM

Lol so much Irony on this thread, I see people bitching about how there isn't enough car damage and those same people saying "the game isn't supposed to be realistic, its a game"

Personally, I don't care that the driving physics are going to be different.  GTA IV's driving was different and I had to get use to it, the same will happen with this game.  The  car damage looks fine to me,  I payed close attention to it in the few videos that I watched (I caved and watched a couple).  KCCO

• ?!=+_- and ReekyAlex like this

vince91
  • vince91

the pube in your orange juice

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:35 PM

Same here

learn how to drive?

HighOnGTA
  • HighOnGTA

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:15 PM Edited by HighOnGTA, 14 September 2013 - 03:17 PM.

Same here

learn how to drive?

Even if you know how to drive, you can still understand their point.

I myself hated the GTA IV handling at first, but then I learned it, and became very good at it. So then I started to really love it instead.

So even if I'm good at driving in GTA IV, I still can appreciate and understand the negative points that the others are communicating here.

adrien1988
  • adrien1988

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:48 PM

http://gtaforums.com...o-gtas-driving/

you can just vote here. 

abigor115
  • abigor115

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 05:04 PM

GTA 5 handling and damage its sh*t......fantastic game but why they really have to screw the most important in this game?

KrushLTx10
  • KrushLTx10

Speedy and Slightly Agitated

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 September 2013 - 05:07 PM

The only thing I'm hoping for is a day one patch for the car damage.  You should not bounce off of traffic going full speed.  R* couldn't have let this one slide under their feet.  As for the driving you have to wait until you can feel the cars themselves and then judge if it feels arcadey.  You can't say they're arcadey by looking at a video.

• Deadly Target likes this

Liquidpain
  • Liquidpain

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 05:31 PM

I will call BS on 4s handling. Cars should not understeer at 10mph. That is not realistic. That is crap. Yea, I was used to it but it was not realistic one bit.

Geeteeaifive
  • Geeteeaifive

Andrew

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 14 September 2013 - 05:33 PM

i don't know why everyone is bickering about the car mechanics 
In gta IV You could dent cares really easily and that made them look sh*tty quickly Now you just spent over say 10000 on a car you don't want to f*ck it up you want it to look nice without busting it up the car damage is awesome it just requires a harder fall or in that video getting crushed by a train between a wall and to people saying the driving is arcade like it's a sports car they move like that you don't want to be going over 100 and not be able to turn but in a video he is driving cop car and it slides and feels more natural Because it doesn't have down force from spoilers and aerodynamic design etc

You're eithe really stupid or too young to be playing this game.

Ginkhana
  • Ginkhana

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 05:46 PM

What does that tell about you?

abigor115
  • abigor115

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 05:51 PM

What does that tell about you?

lol......he doesn't know what brake is

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users