Photo

GTAV City is Empty

43 replies to this topic
Ridygo
  • Ridygo

Coco Jambo

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:04 AM

I saw many leaked gameplay video about this game. It looks awesome but there is a HUGE problem. Pedestrian population is very low. You can see maximum 5 person on street. City feels like empty and this is a very very big problem for GTA title. 

Here is some gameplay video.

http://www.youtube.c...d&v=d4dp5praqI4

http://www.youtube.c...d&v=0ZH6e58g2AE

I feel sorry about this post but unfortunately it is true.

http://9gag.com/gag/aRQjQKM

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:05 AM

This I noticed also. I thought the inner city would be full of people.

UnderWeb
  • UnderWeb

Playa

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:06 AM

That's LA.

burner12
  • burner12

GTA Series Forever!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:09 AM Edited by burner12, 14 September 2013 - 11:22 AM.

I've seen it as well. I was thinking maybe it looks that way because some of these leaks are from pirated software. I remember with either COD or BF pirated copies got a slim downed version. Then real copy was better. I could be wrong though.

• ActionBronson and Badr305 like this

roostersrule2
  • roostersrule2

I'm Batman

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:11 AM

I've seen it as well. I was thinking maybe it looks that way because some of these leaks are from pirated software. I remember with either COD of BF pirated copies got a slim downed version. Then real copy was better. I could be wrong though.

Indeed, in Jsticks clips with the ghetto there were a lot of people just hanging around.

Martin Madrazo
  • Martin Madrazo

Prankster

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:12 AM Edited by Martin Madrazo, 14 September 2013 - 11:13 AM.

Sometimes there are low amounts of npc except in the city. I hope they have a day one patch to add in more "random npc" because when you look closely you can almost only see groups of people (gangs, at stores, talking people, hanging people) etc.

But if they dont, idc. Im happy.
  • Badr305 likes this

burner12
  • burner12

GTA Series Forever!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:13 AM

I've seen it as well. I was thinking maybe it looks that way because some of these leaks are from pirated software. I remember with either COD of BF pirated copies got a slim downed version. Then real copy was better. I could be wrong though.

Indeed, in Jsticks clips with the ghetto there were a lot of people just hanging around.

What are you saying? They should've been more interactive? Because I agree with the OP, there are few if any peds.. Hopefully it's just these leaked copies and the 17th will change that.

NSanityHD
  • NSanityHD

Hello everyone! My name is Kyle.

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:13 AM

Perhaps people should quit LEAKING sh*t and be patient for the game themselves...People who DON'T have the game don't want to come across leaked footage of the game...they want to EXPERIENCE it for themselves, otherwise they get jealous.

• burner12 likes this

M.Sultan
  • M.Sultan

Are you the man with the big cojones?!

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:14 AM

not too worried, still a stunning looking game

LotusRIP
  • LotusRIP

King of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:15 AM Edited by LotusRIP, 14 September 2013 - 11:16 AM.

I've seen vids where the beach is chockers full of people... keep in mind this guy is driving on the beach at sunset... it's likely to be more populated at certain times of the day ie. midday most popular

Plus, he had a wanted level, which reduces peds amount

burner12
  • burner12

GTA Series Forever!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:16 AM

I seem to recall we had a similar situation when RDR was launched. When the 1st leaks hit the net everyone was complaining about a featured that R* shows, forgot what it was. Then when the game was launched it included everything and showed everything that the trailers did.

• ActionBronson likes this

slight
  • slight

Boss

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:19 AM

Showing leaked vid its against the rules btw but i think since its a pirated game its prob a early version or a beta version or something like that but anyway i wont judge the gameplay until the game come out

Punkd
  • Punkd

Bowling Bowling Bowling Parking Parking

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:22 AM

i saw livestream where the streets have been DEAD! 1 ped, 2-3 cars max (i watched the stream for a few min)...but then i watched other streams and the streets where insanely filled with cars!

• Badr305 likes this

roostersrule2
  • roostersrule2

I'm Batman

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:22 AM

What are you saying? They should've been more interactive? Because I agree with the OP, there are few if any peds.. Hopefully it's just these leaked copies and the 17th will change that.

I know, I was just saying in the distance there were people doing their normal sh*t and he was on a normal, non pirated version.

TheRealBars
  • TheRealBars

Getaway Driver

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:24 AM Edited by TheRealBars, 14 September 2013 - 11:27 AM.

It is certain areas.. i've been playing for 4 hours total on a legit retail copy.. (mate got the game, guess where i'm camping ;) )

And i must say the beach is full of people, the shopping boulevard nearby is absolutely packed as well.

Rodeo? with all the expensive stores got a sh*t load of peds and in some of the areas in and around downtown its bustling with activity as well.

The hood.. feels a bit empty sometimes, with only some crackheads and some random hookers walking around..

If you come across a gang hangout it is quite populated all of the sudden.

It's like people almost are afraid to walk down the street in the hood haha.

Must say though... game doesn't feel empty at all.

Only thing i don't like about this game, and i got really high standards for GTA games is that the smaller airplanes feel a bit twitchy.. the bigger ones are fine though.

• Badr305 likes this

Ridygo
  • Ridygo

Coco Jambo

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:24 AM

I seem to recall we had a similar situation when RDR was launched. When the 1st leaks hit the net everyone was complaining about a featured that R* shows, forgot what it was. Then when the game was launched it included everything and showed everything that the trailers did.

I hope that way too

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Harwood Butcher

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:25 AM

Well they were times in GTA IV where streets were empty and others where there were peds/traffic full to the brim. Especially in Algonquin,

I'm more interested in the different types of peds than the number of them. That was something massively improved in GTA IV.

Martin Madrazo
  • Martin Madrazo

Prankster

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:29 AM

And have you guys seen the same cars over on roads like in IV? I haven't so assume its better this time.

burner12
  • burner12

GTA Series Forever!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:34 AM

It is certain areas.. i've been playing for 4 hours total on a legit retail copy.. (mate got the game, guess where i'm camping ;) )

And i must say the beach is full of people, the shopping boulevard nearby is absolutely packed as well.

Rodeo? with all the expensive stores got a sh*t load of peds and in some of the areas in and around downtown its bustling with activity as well.

The hood.. feels a bit empty sometimes, with only some crackheads and some random hookers walking around..

Only thing i don't like about this game, and i got really high standards for GTA games is that the smaller airplanes feel a bit twitchy.. the bigger ones are fine though.

I've read in other threads it comes down to location,location,location. What would you say are the areas that have a large number of peds continuously?

TheRealBars
  • TheRealBars

Getaway Driver

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:40 AM Edited by TheRealBars, 14 September 2013 - 11:44 AM.

I've read in other threads it comes down to location,location,location. What would you say are the areas that have a large number of peds continuously?

Beach and the shopping blvd next to it, Rodeo(?) where you can find the expensive clothing shops seem packed.

Comercial zones in downtown, Airport, the docks/port and some of the residential areas seem above average as well in terms of ped population.

Just the hood and some of the industrial zones can be a bit under populated.. with groups of gangmembers hanging out on the corner (loads of them though) Crackheads and hookers.. not much going on the sidewalks, but alot in the alleyways, porches and street corners.

Think this way;

During day time, in spots that would be populated in real life, you will find a decent amount of peds.

4 AM in the morning, or during a storm? not so much.

It seems their formula for placing peds is too good, people are just used to a constant number of peds or something.

LeetSniperWolf
  • LeetSniperWolf

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:41 AM Edited by LeetSniperWolf, 14 September 2013 - 11:41 AM.

It depends on time of the day etc.

But the most thing that I'm worried about that there are no buildings or roads...

72xhyw.png

• jimbos0013, Loxley and Udrift like this

burner12
  • burner12

GTA Series Forever!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:54 AM

Beach and the shopping blvd next to it, Rodeo(?) where you can find the expensive clothing shops seem packed.

Comercial zones in downtown, Airport, the docks/port and some of the residential areas seem above average as well in terms of ped population.

Just the hood and some of the industrial zones can be a bit under populated.. with groups of gangmembers hanging out on the corner (loads of them though) Crackheads and hookers.. not much going on the sidewalks, but alot in the alleyways, porches and street corners.

Think this way;

During day time, in spots that would be populated in real life, you will find a decent amount of peds.

4 AM in the morning, or during a storm? not so much.

It seems their formula for placing peds is too good, people are just used to a constant number of peds or something.

I can see that

TheRealBars
  • TheRealBars

Getaway Driver

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:54 AM Edited by TheRealBars, 14 September 2013 - 11:59 AM.

I mean if the sun is shining and its day time.. even the hood feels populated at times. i wouldn't worry from what you might see in streams..

Most of them play like complete idiots. Rushing the story or just fighting the cops over and over. (there is so much to do its unreal) Hell most of the streamers i watched before my mate got his retail copy (Not torrented!) don't even make an effort to not crash into everything from point a to b.

(wanted level does decrease peds on the street! which is logical if some maniac is going around i'd go inside as well)

I might add rushing the story is pretty hard, 2 missions took me a total of 1 and a half hour, not even major missions, enjoyed every minute.

I just play like you should (in my opinion) Do a mission or two, explore, visit some stores do some side missions, check the internet, tune some cars, have a shoot out and then do another mission or two.

• burner12 likes this

exmpletree
  • exmpletree

Mr. Gold Card

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:28 PM

current consoles cant handle more

Ridygo
  • Ridygo

Coco Jambo

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:00 PM

Also vehicles doesn't take damage as GTAIV 

Raavi
  • Raavi

Z

• European-Union
  • Best Moderator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:01 PM

Are the textures really that horrible as some live-streams lead me to believe?

Kill Frenzy!
  • Kill Frenzy!

Skilled Driver

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:12 PM

People always complaining. The game looks good.

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:12 PM

No. Most streams are bad quality. 

Ridygo
  • Ridygo

Coco Jambo

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:19 PM