» «
Photo

GTA V Mobile application (Unofficial) v1.00

39 replies to this topic
WoRtEx!
  • WoRtEx!

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:50 AM Edited by WoRtEx!, 19 September 2013 - 10:23 AM.

WHATS NEW: PS3 and Xbox cheats section added.

GTA V Mobile v. 1.20

Google Play store

I have begun creating a mobile application that unites all the GTA V players after the game has officially been launched. I have noticed a movement of players that have declared they will be leaving these forums for ages after the game is finally out. I have had so much fun watching all the great fan art pictures and intriguing discussions here that I just can't let that happen. With this app you can still hang in the forums or just check the game database even when playing.

GTA V Mobile is an Android application that presents you with the ability to chat with other players and soon even send user-submitted photos for other to watch. Prepare to share the best GTA moments with other players around the world as you discuss the events of the game. The built-in browser gives you quick access to your favorite GTA 5 sources like GTA Forums (here), Reddit and many more to come. There will also be an extensive database of all the in-game items and characters + weapons + vehicles. Cheat codes will be featured widely too.

As it is the app only has a built-in browser, chat and a GTA 5 countdown timer, but the reason I'm pushing this out already is to have as many people as possible download it before the game is out. I figure this way I get most initial downloads and get the rock rolling so to say. Get your app and let it update and in a couple of days you should have a full fledged GTA 5 mobile guide + social experience. I have created a similar project before so I know my timeframes.

Suggestions

Any suggestions and ideas will be warmly welcomed because I want the app to serve the players as well as possible. My main focus will be implementing the chat so I get it done before the 17th

Bugs and errors

Should anyone encounter any bugs / errors / interface problems / awkward use cases I would appreciate if you posted your problem on this thread so I can get onto fixing it quick. If the app force closes for some reason please send an error report so I get detailed information of the problem.

I guess thats all! I figure this app will take my time for the next 10 or so days before I can relax :) Enjoy!

• realizment, natsamson, JEDI_JUNKEE and 1 other like this

Daviedv
  • Daviedv

Xbox-Daviedv

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:52 AM

If its got chat, I recommend a rather large ban hammer..

Spliffpanda
  • Spliffpanda

One weed to rule them all

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:52 AM

Finally something worth reading on this forum. Great job, good initative, I now have hope in humanity again. 

WoRtEx!
  • WoRtEx!

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:56 AM Edited by WoRtEx!, 14 September 2013 - 08:13 AM.

I tried to have these forums presented as well as I could on it, didn't realize it was against the rules to post apps like this? The default page on the browser is GTAF and I wouldn't mind keeping it that way since this is by far the best community for the game.

trevordon80
  • trevordon80

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:43 PM

planning on ios version? I remember using your dayz app, what happened to that?

MONSTER_MAN
  • MONSTER_MAN

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:45 PM

haha

Fays
  • Fays

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:56 PM Edited by Fays, 16 September 2013 - 08:21 AM.

-

WoRtEx!
  • WoRtEx!

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:59 PM Edited by WoRtEx!, 14 September 2013 - 01:05 PM.

As written I will be adding all the content really shortly, I just needed it out before the release because thats when people will be playing and not knowing that theres an app for databases etc so they won't even look for one. AVG said its a virus? On desktop? Did you download the apk? Or is there AVG on mobile and it said its a virus? What message did it give? Basically its just a menu with a browser so  I have no idea what could trigger it.

PM sent to Fays.

Panerama
  • Panerama

Keelah se'lai

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:27 PM

Definatly gonna try it out, thanks :D

Ola441
  • Ola441

Hustler

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:36 PM Edited by Ola441, 14 September 2013 - 01:37 PM.

Isn't this app just like rockstar social centre?

Edit : club..

WoRtEx!
  • WoRtEx!

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:44 PM Edited by WoRtEx!, 14 September 2013 - 02:10 PM.

It's mostly going to be a guide app with browser, maps, databases, etc. Also didn't find social club app for Android, but even if it exists this is supposed to be something lighter and quick to use to check info about weapons, mission guides, cars etc. once we have all those sections covered. The social club seems like a great place for crew work etc though, I think these two can coexist nicely. I think I should add the social club to the browser links if it's meant to be used by a browser.

This is my last app, so something like this but for GTA.

https://play.google....cess.dayzmobile

^^

Anyone trying the DayZ app out remember its over a year old and Ive had server changes etc. so its by no means in 100% condition anymore. Maps etc mostly work but theres no news or chat and probably some of the browser links are broken too by now. Had a good run though.

Persia-Gangsta
  • Persia-Gangsta

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:13 PM Edited by Persia-Gangsta, 14 September 2013 - 02:14 PM.

Nice work Dude i downloadet its rly useful! :^:

WoRtEx!
  • WoRtEx!

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:28 PM

Nice work Dude i downloadet its rly useful! :^:

Oh you've seen nothing yet :) I'm going to sleep now but when I wake up I'm going to get 3 liters of pepsi and go 20 hours straight adding content. If anyone experiences any problems with their device please report here so I can fix it. I tried the app with many resolutions and devices but you never know. So far everything seems to be fine and I'm happy with the reception :) Stay tuned for more awesomeness.

mdgrncw
  • mdgrncw

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:29 PM

I installed it just now. Will this have just the forums and a chat or walkthroughs and cheat codes also? This should definitely be the go to app for any and everything you need while playing.

EJTexasMade
  • EJTexasMade

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:31 PM

There isn't a Social Club Android app. Rockstar refuses to make one.

KingPhiL13
  • KingPhiL13

KING

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:32 PM

iOS version?

WoRtEx!
  • WoRtEx!

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:37 PM

I installed it just now. Will this have just the forums and a chat or walkthroughs and cheat codes also? This should definitely be the go to app for any and everything you need while playing.

Yes, between now and a couple days after release of GTA 5 the app will feature all the revealed cheat codes, database of weapons, vehicles, animals, etc. mission guides once those start popping up online. Theres a lot to do and not a lot of time if I want to have the app done by the time the majority gets their hands on the game which is from  now until next weekend. Thank you for your interest :)

KingPhil, I'm afraid I can't make an iOS version at least in a while because my skillset in that area isn't enough for something like what this is going to be. After I get this 100% done in say 10 days, after which only minor updates are needed, I might dwell into the iOS possibilities. So not saying yes or no, just not in a while.

JEDI_JUNKEE
  • JEDI_JUNKEE

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:56 PM

Got it. Good work bro..... Just 5 starred ya!

felixuta
  • felixuta

The Real Deal yo!

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:05 PM

No iPhone or iPad version? this sucks...

WoRtEx!
  • WoRtEx!

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:51 AM

Update v. 1.10 released!
Added refresh button to browser,

Added chat

Edited about page

Coming really soon:

Cheats page
Feedback form

Get it from Google Play
Get the .apk from my google drive

WoRtEx!
  • WoRtEx!

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:19 AM

If your app downloads twice don't worry, I had to do a quick patch because I had introduced a bug that caused way too much processing for a simple task.

infiniteammo
  • infiniteammo

Ľab igne ignem capereĽ

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:11 AM

Nice chat feature, like the countdown timer too. It's basic and has some good stuff, wish Rockstar Games would do a Social Club App like this!

WoRtEx!
  • WoRtEx!

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:14 AM

Oh just wait, there's so much more coming, i'm shooting for over a million downloads in one year.

Bakb0ne
  • Bakb0ne

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:18 AM

Shame once rockstar release the ifruit app for iPad/iPhone/Android etc that this will become a forgotten page in history.

WoRtEx!
  • WoRtEx!

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:24 AM

Not really, I'm sure the ifruit app will get hundredfold the downloads but there's always need for a simple quick to use app that launches fast and responses to user requests when it comes to features.

Bakb0ne
  • Bakb0ne

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:30 AM

Not really, I'm sure the ifruit app will get hundredfold the downloads but there's always need for a simple quick to use app that launches fast and responses to user requests when it comes to features.

But out of all the people who play gta5, only a small handful visit forums, and even less would download something "unofficial", once ifruit gets released people who search on their devices App Store will just go official.

IMHO of course :)

WoRtEx!
  • WoRtEx!

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:36 AM

But out of all the people who play gta5, only a small handful visit forums, and even less would download something "unofficial", once ifruit gets released people who search on their devices App Store will just go official.

IMHO of course :)

Gotta hope it takes them looooooooong to release it on Android haha. I think this app had a nice start and will gain popularity to a certain extent. We'll just have to wait and see, still got a lot to do.

Bakb0ne
  • Bakb0ne

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:39 AM

Yeh, it's looking good so far, just a shame that I can't see it lasting, I really hope I'm wrong and will be sharing this on Facebook once I get the game. As far as I know the iFruit app is ready to go as you are told in game to download it, the link doesn't work yet tho.

monkzilla
  • monkzilla

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:47 AM

bro you should make a free and a paid version. Make the paid version free for gtaF users, but if they wish to donate they can pay. Also make the free version ad supported, and paid/ gtaF version no ads :)

WoRtEx!
  • WoRtEx!

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:55 AM

bro you should make a free and a paid version. Make the paid version free for gtaF users, but if they wish to donate they can pay. Also make the free version ad supported, and paid/ gtaF version no ads :)

There will be a donator's app and the free app will eventually have one ad but only after I have completed the database and everything. Thanks for the sharing Bakb0ne :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users