Quantcast

» «
Photo

Should the Military be paid?

16 replies to this topic
Kihz
  • Kihz

Kihzzle is what they call me on the streets of Los Santos.

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 05:54 AM

My friend and I having an argument about this. I firmly believe every branch should be paid. These messages are the gist of it, so you'll get where we're both coming from.

I'm the one that is arguing FOR the Military. Darker picture. He's the lighter picture. I blurred the names for privacy.. I realize now I shoulda just blurred the last names and don't wanna do it over.

I stopped replying because his logic was so stupid, I felt like it wasn't needed anymore. Thoughts?

Cczay3x.png

54pKdTC.png

1uMFfwQ.png

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:02 AM

Wow what a dumbass. When the media says they come back to nothing, the media means that they have no family, no friends,, and no job prospects. So they have to live off what they made in the military. What an idiot :lol:
And what kind of patriotic moron believes people shouldn't be paid to "Protect" their nation"?

• jackass2009 likes this

jackass2009
  • jackass2009

We're bouncing now?

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:22 AM

"I shouldn't be paid for almost dying on a lie, but I want schooling out of it."

Is... is he mental?

F4L?
  • F4L?

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:51 AM

"I shouldn't be paid for almost dying on a lie, but I want schooling out of it."

Is... is he mental?

Good to know the kinds of geniuses that being pulled in by recruitment drives haha.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:38 PM

Of course military should be payed. What's the alternative? You train a killer and he ends up working for a private contractor or he becomes a mercanary. This further supports my belief that most soldiers and people attracted to that kind of life are idiots.

The Nefarious Jester
  • The Nefarious Jester

Forum Old Timer

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:59 PM

Your friend, is a grade a, prize winning thundercu*t

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

EZ5

• United-States

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:17 PM

It seems to me he's taking more pride into consideration than just making money off of serving for his country. You want to judge him yet he's the one serving to gain knowledge and skills? I'd rather sit in a fox hole with that guy instead of the lot judging him on his opinions.

• Joe Chip and GunWrath like this

Max
  • Max

The Port Vila Killa.

• Zaibatsu
  • Vanuatu
  • Contribution Award [Sports]

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:11 PM

Of course military should be payed. What's the alternative? You train a killer and he ends up working for a private contractor or he becomes a mercanary. This further supports my belief that most soldiers and people attracted to that kind of life are idiots.

And why are they idiots? This man is absolutely not representative of the entire armed forces.

• Tyler likes this

gtaxpert
  • gtaxpert

that's how I dooz it

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:51 PM Edited by gtaxpert, 14 September 2013 - 04:57 PM.

Your friend, is a grade a, prize winning thundercu*t

Pretty much this.

How are soldiers going to support their families and make a living without getting paid? How is this even a debatable topic? :sui:

Edit (and oh yeah, soldiers don't defend the nation. They defend US corporate interests abroad (like oil, or defense contracts). Invading countries increases the threat to attacks on the US. And intelligence services know this.)

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:24 AM

this is terrible question.

of course the military should be paid.

/thread

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:36 AM

And why are they idiots? This man is absolutely not representative of the entire armed forces.

Guess I'm an idiot. Cheers! I'll drink to that.

@GTAvanja, Most people don't enlist or sign-up to be killers or blow sh*t up. Some people do it for the educational benefits as well as experience in a job field that way when they get out they have a better chance at a career. Not to mention the money you can receive during your mil career. GI Bill, etc, etc, etc. Military has a lot of perks. But chances are.. during these times, some foreign soil may be in your future.. if you're opted with a certain MOS, such as Intelligence, Infantry, Mechanics, etc.

Navy & Chair Force are probably your best chances and best opportunities for schooling and funding. But even to retire from the military is quite an honor indeed as well and has it's perks. I would say idiot is the last thing on my mind about any serviceman or woman. Military may recruit some dumbasses in the process but those dumbasses normally don't make it through Boot Camp or Basic Training.

TEoS
  • TEoS

Make it double!

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 15 September 2013 - 02:01 AM

I don't know about that, I knew quite a few morons who were a colossal pain in my ass for the entirety of my short career. I think far too many people these days join just for the benefits and then turn into gigantic turds as soon as they realize girls aren't throwing themselves on your dick and that scrubbing toilets is part of your job description no matter what job you sign up for. Then of course there's the marriage trap, where 18 year olds marry their high school sweet heart, realize they won't be able to support them if they get out, so they just reenlist for the steady paycheck and just play the system for 20 years so they can leech taxpayer dollars and fail to hold up their end of the bargain. Which is of course, a smart move if not honorable.

That said, of course I'm not advocating an unpaid military, I just think there should be more rigorous screening process for recruits and for commanders to have more tools for dealing with dead weight. 

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 September 2013 - 02:09 AM Edited by GunWrath, 15 September 2013 - 02:10 AM.

Sadly, military these days have so many policies against the use of profanity and physical disciplinary actions. My old man was a Marine as well through '72-'80 .. he said his Boot Camp days were torture for any type of failure or mistake.

Now it's all about making someone run around the barracks or scrubbing with a toothbrush, moving an entire sand hill with a cup then rebuilding the hill in it's former spot. Basically slaps on the wrists.. but I can agree with more proper screening rather than an urge for as many recruits that they can get their hands on. Fortunately, Marines have a more strict enlistment requirement than other branches.. but I've been out for a couple years now.. not sure of any changed/new policies since.

Like I tell most people interested in Military, it isn't all that the movies or recruiter tells you. Like you say, it's a lot of cleaning, boredom and useless day activities. Fun part of military was Boot Camp and SOI, atleast for me. 29 Palms sucked balls.. but war games have it's moments. After that, it was all downhill, even when deployed. Sitting in the desert with a thumb up your ass.. your worst enemy was boredom or a bad case of the sh*ts.

but them MRE bombs .. can't forget that. :^:

F4L?
  • F4L?

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 September 2013 - 02:42 AM

It seems to me he's taking more pride into consideration than just making money off of serving for his country. You want to judge him yet he's the one serving to gain knowledge and skills? I'd rather sit in a fox hole with that guy instead of the lot judging him on his opinions.

It seems to me he's taking more pride into consideration than just making money off of serving for his country. You want top judge him yet he's the one serving to gain knowledge and skills? I'd rather sit in a fox hole with that guy instead of the lot judging him on his opinions.

That's all well and good, if he wants to be all patriotic and not get paid, kudos to him. But honestly it's not fair to have someone devote their life to something only to be broke and homeless at the end of it, if that is what he wants for himself fine.

Also i'd rather not be in a foxhole with him because he is clearly a dumbass with no foresight.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:14 AM Edited by GunWrath, 15 September 2013 - 05:14 AM.

The fact is, most people who shout out things like 'I'm doing it for my country' .. and 'for the man next to me' are actually the ones that won't even stick their heads up in a foxhole and scared to death. All good you want to do your patriotic duty but don't go with saying you don't care for the pay. Who else would do it for free? In this world, you have to have money or some means of value or else you aren't going to get far. Thie generations kids haven't the slightest clue of anything other than an iPod, Facebook or video game. Stuck without money, they'd have no idea how to survive or to live off the land.

Same for that moronic bastard who posted those comments. 'It's not a job to protect your country', well, we're not forced to.. which makes enlisting a 'job' and paid service. But why not get paid while being patriotic and traditional? ;)

Adler
  • Adler

Hello, Smith. ( -`)ノ

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:40 AM

The fact is, most people who shout out things like 'I'm doing it for my country' .. and 'for the man next to me' are actually the ones that won't even stick their heads up in a foxhole and scared to death.

The fact that the guy chose the Chair Force over other branches is also very telling (no disrespect to USAF, of course).

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:06 AM

Well, well.. not everyone is as special

4984.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users