GTA V car handling, physics, damage

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
112 replies to this topic
Proletariat
  • Proletariat

Vice City ain't a Nice City

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:04 AM

If car physics were real the game would be boring as most accidents would have your car almost wrecked and undrivable.  Is that the kind of game yall want?? So realistic that after a small crash at 30-40 mph your car is totaled?  Id rather the damage be more like San Andreas where your car would eventually get a lot of damage but only after a lot of crashing it.

GTA IV car physics would have sufficed. They were perfect, imo.

GTA IV car physics were horrible.

Couldn't hit a car without spinning out.

Most of you have never even driven a car irl yet you complain...

Go drive a car and then come back.

Well that was extremely presumptuous and condescending. To the defense of your target crowd, they may have much more gaming experience than you with all your 'worldly experience'.  Therefore they may know what constitutes realistic style versus arcade style driving. 

My advice is this, if you like the style of GTA IV better then wait for the PC version of GTA V and download a realistic handling DAT file.  I'm very sure someone will make this given there is so much fuss about it.

I'm sure half the people on this forum can't even drive.

Chuck Finley
  • Chuck Finley

E34 FANATIC!

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:04 AM

im cool with the damage, just the handling, it seems  a bit saints rowish to me. 

Triple Vacuum Seal
  • Triple Vacuum Seal

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:05 AM

It doesn't take a genius to see that the physics and handling are too arcade-like.  On the other hand, we've known this for several months from the previews and the fact that R* has managed to salvage some realism in the handling is a plus.

Proletariat
  • Proletariat

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:08 AM

It doesn't take a genius to see that the physics and handling are too arcade-like.  On the other hand, we've known this for several months from the previews and the fact that R* has managed to salvage some realism in the handling is a plus.

Please, can you enlighten all of us as what exactly constitutes as "arcade"? Arcade as in pac man? Pin ball? 

woggleman
  • woggleman

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:10 AM

im cool with the damage, just the handling, it seems  a bit saints rowish to me. 

I am a Saints Row fan thought not nearly as much as GTA and it is nothing like Saints Row.

Chriss0906
  • Chriss0906

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:13 AM

im f*cking sick of the bitches that keep complaining. you guys should be banned from this site and never play a gta game ever again. have you even drive a real car before? and crash or saw a crash? do it and you will notice that GTAV its really close to reality. cars re made of metal you know? not plastic.

• Proletariat likes this

Proletariat
  • Proletariat

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:15 AM

im f*cking sick of the bitches that keep complaining. you guys should be banned from this site and never play a gta game ever again. have you even drive a real car before? and crash or saw a crash? do it and you will notice that GTAV its really close to reality. cars re made of metal you know? not plastic.

Ikr.

gta5freemode4eva
  • gta5freemode4eva

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:33 AM Edited by gta5freemode4eva, 15 September 2013 - 06:41 AM.

Why 're-imagine' some of southern California and then also re-create loads of vehicles and weapons with brilliant intricate detail (again to be like their real-life counter-parts) only to go and make the vehicles handle like silly cartoon cars and for everything to be glued and used with these silly physics.

To all the people who like GTAV handling and physics you could say that all the weapons should have infinate ammo and they should all do 10x the amount of damage that they're doing... because then it would match the sillyness of the handling in this game

Apparently its OK to have arcade (silly non-realistic) handling and physics but when it comes to guns then they should play true??? Horse sh*t.

For instance the pistol should fire rockets (i mean c'mon, its arcadey and fun yaaay !!!!) The shotgun should fire sniper rifle rounds (i mean c'mon, its arcadey and fun yaaay !!!!) and the AK47 should fire 9mm rounds (i mean c'mon, its arcadey and fun yaaay !!!!)

You all give this bullsh*t 'arcade fun' arguement but if R* f*cked up with the guns too then you would ALL pick up on it... or would you all be happy?

Why re-imagine everything in the world and then make it so un-realistic that it un-does all of R*s hard work in a second... its stupid, and the people that think 'arcade' fits in a game that CLEARLY is a parody of life itself your f*cking morons. 

If you like arcadey saints row handling and physics then you also like pistols that fire rockets because its 'fun'... you are also probably under the age of 18 and shouldn't be playing this game.

Stupid f*cking kids. Piss off and play saints row down the road... hang on stay here, GTAV has CLEARLY been designed for you...

GTAV is for kids.

Jesus christ I hadnt even thought about online play. Everyone will get run over all the time because of these 'turn on a six-pence' crap and 0-60 in 0mph... online is f*cked before it starts with this game like this. You all honestly think online will be good with these handling and physics??

Its f*cked before its even started. IT WONT WORK.

• GKP and weidncol like this

jumper2011
  • jumper2011

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:37 AM

Why 're-imagine' some of southern California and then also re-create loads of vehicles and weapons with brilliant intricate detail (again to be like their real-life counter-parts) only to go and make the vehicles handle like silly cartoon cars and for everything to be glued and used with these silly physics.

To all the people who like GTAV handling and physics you could say that all the weapons should have infinate ammo and they should all do 10x the amount of damage that they're doing... because then it would match the sillyness of the handling in this game

Apparently its OK to have arcade (silly non-realistic) handling and physics but when it comes to guns then they should play true??? Horse sh*t.

For instance the pistol should fire rockets (i mean c'mon, its arcadey and fun yaaay !!!!) The shotgun should fire sniper rifle rounds (i mean c'mon, its arcadey and fun yaaay !!!!) and the AK47 should fire 9mm rounds (i mean c'mon, its arcadey and fun yaaay !!!!)

You all give this bullsh*t 'arcade fun' arguement but if R* f*cked up with the guns too then you would ALL pick up on it... or would you all be happy?

Why re-imagine everything in the world and then make it so un-realistic that it un-does all of R*s hard work in a second... its stupid, and the people that think 'arcade' fits in a game that CLEARLY is a parody of life itself your f*cking morons. 

If you like arcadey saints row handling and physics then you also like pistols that fire rockets because its 'fun'... you are also probably under the age of 18 and shouldn't be playing this game.

Stupid f*cking kids. Piss off and play saints row down the road... hang on stay here, GTAV has CLEARLY been designed for you...

I smell someone who hasnt played the game :) These tears.

GTA was never intended to be a REAL LIFE Simulator. Get over it. Its a f*cking game. Car Physics are fine, stay at your GTA4 if you want tank physics for every car.

Inactive
  • Inactive

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:41 AM

Nobody saw that leaked gameplay of Franklin and his bike? So static it was.

Yet to play it so can't really judge the driving physics but that bike, my *

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:46 AM

There is one thing that the GTA fanboys used against Watch_Dogs, and it's the driving physics of the game.

Just saying..

kastrenzo
  • kastrenzo

Hustler

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:58 AM

Uh, People are 101% entitled to have an opinion on the matter and you have no right to stop them

That said, no amount of whining will change anything, better get used to it or GTFO.

I remember I didn't like IV's vehicle handling at first, then it grew on me.

gta5freemode4eva
  • gta5freemode4eva

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:24 AM

GTA was never intended to be a REAL LIFE Simulator. Get over it. Its a f*cking game. Car Physics are fine, stay at your GTA4 if you want tank physics for every car.

Saints Row is over there for you fella. This is (was) a grown-ups game where we appreciate having to use things like body roll, traction, suspension, BRAINS. We understand that you can't take tight corners at 100mph. When on a bike you need to use the APEX. Its not about it being like real life... but Saints Row bullsh*t is FAR from what this game deserves to be like. Saints Row is over there for you dude... next to the crayons and teddy bears.

• ItsClipZz likes this

ItsClipZz
  • ItsClipZz

Trick

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:31 AM

Dude i watched a mission with a truck and trailer it is so glitchy and if the trailer gets caught on something you turn into a worm.

omg the stuff im reading. please god tell me this is when GTA 5 O'Clock reported 900 glitches left a month ago and there will be a day 1 patch

roadrash3000
  • roadrash3000

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:31 PM

I am a Saints Row fan thought not nearly as much as GTA and it is nothing like Saints Row.

Have you actually played the game? And if so, get out, because you are a thief. 

Proletariat
  • Proletariat

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:34 PM

Hopefully, Rockstar does a day one patch just to shut these pussies the f*ck up. 

IGhostUlt
  • IGhostUlt

LSLKS

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:36 PM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Vm0OSkBttW4 i want it to be like this

roadrash3000
  • roadrash3000

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:40 PM Edited by roadrash3000, 15 September 2013 - 09:41 PM.

Saints Row is over there for you fella. This is (was) a grown-ups game where we appreciate having to use things like body roll, traction, suspension, BRAINS. We understand that you can't take tight corners at 100mph. When on a bike you need to use the APEX. Its not about it being like real life... but Saints Row bullsh*t is FAR from what this game deserves to be like. Saints Row is over there for you dude... next to the crayons and teddy bears.

Saints Row has become a giant joke. A "Dubstep" gun? They took a pretty good gang crime series and twisted into something stupid. So stupid. in fact, a Down's syndrome child would get pissed and walk away from it. GTA 5 will be amazing! Even if there is some small possibility the driving and damage blow, the rest of the game will rock. I think the driving and physics are good though. Mainly because, if I'm not mistaken, IGN said they enjoyed the driving immensely and all the people who have played and leaked footage didn't seem to have a single problem with it. So chill people, and don't judge a book by its cover!  

• weidncol likes this

Mr Mean Swag
  • Mr Mean Swag

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:45 PM

For those of us who haven't played it, we really just have to wait to try it ourselves. Words cannot adequately describe the experience.

TechnoVyking
  • TechnoVyking

Wheelman

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:24 PM

Why are you multiquoting huge quote trains? It destroys the thread, tbh.

2w7oob8.jpg

rrp
  • rrp

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:30 PM Edited by rrp, 15 September 2013 - 10:30 PM.

I hope they change the physics and handling.Currently game handles like mariokarts.In the surrounding setting it feels ridiculous

• Ronrollin9434 likes this

gtaallday
  • gtaallday

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:20 AM

100% agree, OP. If gta4 never existed, there wouldn't even be complaints. I happen to like the car physics/handling in gta5, they've IMPROVED it. People will bitch about anything tho, it's pretty sad actually.

LOL GTA San Andreas has better car damage physics, than current one and GTAIV put together! When you catually got hit by large truck in SA, it actually make your car look all wrecked you know...so its not just like step back from previous title, its what they ignore to look into since GTAIV...

GTA San Andreas didn't have actual car damage physics. it had already modeled broken parts. in GTA IV the cars had bendable bodies that were changed based on the force and direction of an impact. it looks like GTA V has the same thing as GTA IV but with some new features, and the damage just doesnt look quite as intense as in gta IV (from what ive seen). im not complaining, but i do like a little more realism, which would be a good section of the front of your car dented in from a head on collision. but the GTA 5 gameplay still looks extremely fun and when i get this hands on i might be able to test the damage and physics myself and start to enjoy it once im used to it.

Cuicide
  • Cuicide

DCLXVI

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:38 AM

Hopefully, Rockstar does a day one patch just to shut these pussies the f*ck up. 

Soo you admit that driving etc is f*cking ridiculous?  :lol: And not even directly... 

voad1
  • voad1

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:00 AM

100% agree, OP. If gta4 never existed, there wouldn't even be complaints. I happen to like the car physics/handling in gta5, they've IMPROVED it. People will bitch about anything tho, it's pretty sad actually.

LOL GTA San Andreas has better car damage physics, than current one and GTAIV put together! When you catually got hit by large truck in SA, it actually make your car look all wrecked you know...so its not just like step back from previous title, its what they ignore to look into since GTAIV...

And you worked at Rockstar North for 5 years to know that they ignored what ever mechanisms they implemented in GTA IV?

WTF that got to do with anything? LOL I have my own eyes and my own hands and i experienced it myself, so why should i listen to what R* thinks?...yes its their product! They might wish to make however they want, but so do i might wish to buy it or not...so its kind of a draw between customer and developer...

There is a difference between a mindless sheep and an informed customer. I don't know of your credentials so I am not going to judge you on that. But the people that design the games a Rockstar North are actually Computer Science, Physics, or Mathematics majors. These guys are science and math geeks. Not your average video gamer. They know more of the techonological aspects. It's unfair to judge their 5 years of work based on your 5 hours of viewing of leaked gameplay. Learn physics and math dude. Then you'll understand that "crashes" don't happen the way you think they do. You have eyes and hands, but do you have a brain? That you're willing to use?

Please tell me what in the f*ck these degrees or the expertise of these developers has to do with anything? Are you trying to say that the crashes in GTA V are more realistic? That people can go flying into a wall largely unscathed? You don't need a f*cking degree in physics to know that isn't true.

And then informed customer? How the f*ck is the guy you quoted informed? Does he work for R*? Does he have degrees in computer science, physics, math? I have read people who have claimed to have played the game saying the damage isn't right. They are no more or less credible than whoever you quoted in the OP. I have seen footage of people playing, of the game in motion.

And then there is this. Regardless of the devs credentials for any dev house at all, not just R*. What physics are in reality and how things work verses how they intend to implement them in a game they designed are two different things. They can make car crashes seem as if everything was made of rubber if they wanted.

I have seen lots of footage. It doesn't look good to me. There are people that have claimed to have played the game saying it is realistic. Others saying it is arcade like as GTA SA, or Saint Row, or Just Cause. I will reserve judgement until I play it myself. But my impression so far from what I have seen is it is not looking great imo.

Also, it doesn't take a god damn physics major to know that a car travelling at 50 plus miles an hour hitting another vehicle head on or a solid wall will really f*ck that car up.

Geeteeaifive
  • Geeteeaifive

Andrew

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:01 AM

The only retards liking new gta 5 handling are casual sh*t heads who smoke weed or are just laid back, or just lacks brain capacity to learn new things, and gta 4 handling was an impossible feat for them. I for one just don't give a f*ck, rockstar will fix it, and if not, theres mods for pc.

I69JoeMama
  • I69JoeMama

Wild Card

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:19 AM

f*ck you Geeteeafive, I smoke an enormous amount of weed, and I was a master at GTA IV's handling. And I do NOT like the looks GTA V's handling OR damage physics, so go f*ck yourself you judgemental prick.

GTAaLEX117
  • GTAaLEX117

Cynical Optimist

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:26 AM

The only retards liking new gta 5 handling are casual sh*t heads who smoke weed or are just laid back, or just lacks brain capacity to learn new things, and gta 4 handling was an impossible feat for them. I for one just don't give a f*ck, rockstar will fix it, and if not, theres mods for pc.

Would you people calm down and learn to respect other people's opinions? Sure some might like IV's handling, sure some might like V's, that doesn't make them fanboys, nor haters, nor idiots, etc.

or just lacks brain capacity to learn new things

That quote works exactly the opposite.

• Z E N D E R likes this

Argon
  • Argon

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:08 AM

I"m confused OP. Do you want people to discuss or to shut up? Or do you mean 'agreeing with you' when you say 'discussing'?

I'm getting it in 10 hours, and I'm gonna enjoy the hell out of it the entire night. Some early footage (supercars) got me worried, but I've seen enough leaked gameplay to assure me that it's not that different from IV. I really thought IV's was perfection for a freeroam, and I can honestly say I sorta mastered it. But looking back on it, I was almost always driving the same cars - and more importantly - ignoring other cars, because they were just way to annoying/slow/clumbsy to drive in a dense, crouded city with wayyyy to many craxy taxis. 

tl;dr: It looks fine, they had years to change it, most likely they have very good arguments why it is how it is.

abigor115
  • abigor115

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:17 AM

im 11 year old and i know  that it's possible to take corners in 180 mph!!!!!! without any problems at all !!!!!!   I played a lot of Crazy Taxi and i know  it's possible...... so i think that GTA5 is realistic

roadrash3000
  • roadrash3000

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:28 AM

Yeah, but no PC port.. Or at least not yet. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users