• European-Union

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:39 AM

I REALLY HATE YOU FANBOYS...

MrTEC
  • MrTEC

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:43 AM

In my opinion, I would hate to have GTA IV's car physics whilst driving around a map the size of GTA V. It would take quite a long time with that much vehicle damage, but that's just the way I view it.

theworldfamous
  • theworldfamous

all your game are belong to I

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:47 AM

Im not allowed to flame about it anymore.. sadly, but I watched leaks and do know a thing or two about cars and game development. I'm no expert but I have some sense of what I talk about:

driving is great. The negativity is exaggerated.. it's really not such a bigchange from IV. People that actually played it all seem to like the driving. 

Jesus Piece
  • Jesus Piece

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:54 AM

People are complaining about car damage? Huh? Why? I've played for a few hours now and you can smash the sh*t out of your car. There's a ton of car damage....

DryBomber5
  • DryBomber5

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:06 AM

All I know is, there's a REASON the physics are the way they are. This is why I agreed with OP, none of us are video game designers, so who are we to criticize? R* knows what they're doing guys and this games gonna prove it.

Proletariat
  • Proletariat

Vice City ain't a Nice City

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:00 PM

After GTA IV, you guys all asked for "more realistic driving plz", "more realistic damage plz", "more customization plz", "better physics plz", "multiple cities plz", "hoooooooooookers plz", and all the third world foreign boys with their low English grammatical and phonetical skills all yelled "crews plz, si si si crews por favor". You guys got what you wanted. NOW SHUT THE f*ck UP and play the damn game. Remember, beggars (you supposed GTA fans) can't be choosers. 

LadyFondou
  • LadyFondou

High-Life

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:12 PM

So you're saying that I and everyone here has to be a colleg-educated degree-holding Rockstar employee, just to say cars don't only break headlights when hit head with a truck?

k

Proletariat
  • Proletariat

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:23 PM

So you're saying that I and everyone here has to be a colleg-educated degree-holding Rockstar employee, just to say cars don't only break headlights when hit head with a truck?

k

No, you have to give the game some time to take it all in. You can't judge based on leaks and you definitely cannot discredit Rockstar's 5 years of hard work. Otherwise, you're no better than a COD fan.

Northeern
  • Northeern

Outlaws till the end

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:27 PM

After GTA IV, you guys all asked for "more realistic driving plz", "more realistic damage plz", "more customization plz", "better physics plz", "multiple cities plz", "hoooooooooookers plz", and all the third world foreign boys with their low English grammatical and phonetical skills all yelled "crews plz, si si si crews por favor". You guys got what you wanted. NOW SHUT THE f*ck UP and play the damn game. Remember, beggars (you supposed GTA fans) can't be choosers. 

You should work with your generalization.

Proletariat
  • Proletariat

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:29 PM

^^^

Do you fit the aforementioned categories?

Magnet_man16
  • Magnet_man16

C# Programmer

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:30 PM Edited by Magnet_man16, 14 September 2013 - 02:32 PM.

Cars in V just accelerate to the top speed. In GTA IV you could feel it, feel it going through the grears, i liked that it made the experience exiting and fun. See here.

In V every car seems to have some futuristic fast engine which has amazing acceleration and brakes which stop cars in 1 second. I don't enjoy going fast if it isn't challenging, i enjoy getting to that point.

• ItsClipZz and JULIOOO84 like this

Proletariat
  • Proletariat

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:37 PM

What Omnifarious had to say about driving. I'll take his word. He explains things rationally, unlike some of you ungrateful f*cks.

First off, don't worry, the driving isn't like MC:LA, the closest to "arcade" feeling you'll get, is while driving a tuned up super car as Franklin. The driving is similar to IV, but feels tighter, and more responsive. "Less boaty" would be how I would describe it. Driving differs between the three Protagonists as well.

As Franklin, it's easier to maneuver in a vehicle. Vehicles feel more responsive, turn harder, and overall just feel smoother to control. Drifting, J-turns, barrel rolls, etc, are all easier as Franklin. What do I mean? Say you take a 45° turn at 40 mph as Michael in a small car, you would end up hitting the wall if you didn't slow way down and hand break hard through the turn, as Franklin, you don't have to compensate as much, merely turning and lightly applying the breaks will see you drifting through that corner with ease without having to slow down as much.

So far, the driving's been a lot of fun, less spinning wildly out of control, and more getting to where you want to go. Those of you who want to do some awesome "Fast and the Furious" machinima will appreciate the "super cars." They differ from normal cars, they can turn on a dime, accelerate to top speed in a mater of moments, and drift through 90° turns like something out of a movie. They're truly in a class all their own. Don't worry, if you're a fan of GTA IV driving, the normal vehicles in the game handle roughly the same, just slightly tighter. The big trucks still feel heavy and tipsy at high speeds, and the small cars are light and nimble at low speeds. (Like the Honda civic esque car from IV)

Magnet_man16
  • Magnet_man16

C# Programmer

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:40 PM

Dude i watched a mission with a truck and trailer it is so glitchy and if the trailer gets caught on something you turn into a worm.

Mr. Sleepy
  • Mr. Sleepy

Infamous

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:41 PM

If car physics were real the game would be boring as most accidents would have your car almost wrecked and undrivable.  Is that the kind of game yall want?? So realistic that after a small crash at 30-40 mph your car is totaled?  Id rather the damage be more like San Andreas where your car would eventually get a lot of damage but only after a lot of crashing it.

GTA IV car physics would have sufficed. They were perfect, imo.

GTA IV car physics were horrible.

Couldn't hit a car without spinning out.

Most of you have never even driven a car irl yet you complain...

Go drive a car and then come back.

Proletariat
  • Proletariat

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:42 PM

Dude i watched a mission with a truck and trailer it is so glitchy and if the trailer gets caught on something you turn into a worm.

Lol wtf, link please. What do you mean worm? Like a legit worm!!

solofme
  • solofme

True City Killers

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:59 PM

If car physics were real the game would be boring as most accidents would have your car almost wrecked and undrivable.  Is that the kind of game yall want?? So realistic that after a small crash at 30-40 mph your car is totaled?  Id rather the damage be more like San Andreas where your car would eventually get a lot of damage but only after a lot of crashing it.

I just watched some leaked gameplay videos and I have to agree. From what I have seen the game is doing exactly what it should do (and more) and there is no reason for people to already start complaining. The game looks absolutely amazing and so much fun to play. I'm a little bit jealous though, ow how I would love to play the game right now.  

Proletariat
  • Proletariat

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:18 PM

I just watched some leaked gameplay videos and I have to agree. From what I have seen the game is doing exactly what it should do (and more) and there is no reason for people to already start complaining. The game looks absolutely amazing and so much fun to play. I'm a little bit jealous though, ow how I would love to play the game right now.  

Join the club man...the true GTA fans wait at the midnight release on the actual release date. They don't pirate games or get games illegally and they respect Rockstar's policies. We get it fair and square. Unlike some others.

BoundlessSoul
  • BoundlessSoul

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:45 PM

WHY NOT PLEASE BOTH SIDES AND CREATE AN IN-GAME OPTION TO CHOOSE EITHER REALISTIC HANDLING OR ARCADE STYLE? 

BoundlessSoul
  • BoundlessSoul

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:57 PM Edited by BoundlessSoul, 15 September 2013 - 12:00 AM.

GTA IV car physics would have sufficed. They were perfect, imo.

GTA IV car physics were horrible.

Couldn't hit a car without spinning out.

Most of you have never even driven a car irl yet you complain...

Go drive a car and then come back.

Well that was extremely presumptuous and condescending. To the defense of your target crowd, they may have much more gaming experience than you with all your 'worldly experience'.  Therefore they may know what constitutes realistic style versus arcade style driving. 

My advice is this, if you like the style of GTA IV better then wait for the PC version of GTA V and download a realistic handling DAT file.  I'm very sure someone will make this given there is so much fuss about it.

So Awesome
  • So Awesome

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:02 AM

Didn't read

ItsClipZz
  • ItsClipZz

Trick

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:04 AM

Im seriously worried about the car handiling, but im not gunna diss it untill i see for myself, but if it is just easy driving for losers, im gunna be sad.. 

• BoundlessSoul likes this

Hilldog39
  • Hilldog39

The Beast

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:08 AM

With the size of the world, all the stuff they added back in from San Andreas, 3 characters to choose from and switch when we want, 700+ online missions in a fully functional open world, and people complain about car damage???? From what I have seen I am fully fine with what we have. 

BoundlessSoul
  • BoundlessSoul

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:13 AM

@ItsClipZz: I agree with you.  From what I saw of the leaks it pretty much confirms that R* dumbed the driving down for everyone.  I guess I will have to de-evolve my driving skills before I play GTA V by playing some MarioKart and San Andreas. 

• JULIOOO84 likes this

SadCucumber
  • SadCucumber

Cucumbers

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:14 AM

This thread makes not much sense. So we're jealous of people who got the game early? And as a result, we're condemning the car crash physics?

The cars in this game are far too durable. there's literally a video where a guy is deliberately trying to get his car to catch on fire and blow up. It takes him 8 minutes. 

Cars are too durable. Even during the first few leak vids, everyone assumed that all of the cars being driven were equipped with "armor" and that "there was nothing to worry about".

It won't deter from playing the game. But for the last time. We're not jealous, we're not trolling, we're speaking from our hearts. The car damage seems like the damage you'd expect from a racing game (that is a game that provides minimal realistic car damage with the goal of you keeping your car for as long as possible) -- that's fine for an arcade racer like MCLA, but it's not cool for a sandbox like GTA.

/$0.02

Cars in real life don't blow up in 5 minutes fagget

Meno
  • Meno

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:14 AM Edited by Meno, 15 September 2013 - 12:15 AM.

I didnt complain of IVs handling

oh wait i did

f*ck the traction control

but at least the physics and damage were decent.

sonamara
  • sonamara

I'M ALANA, I'M SIX, AND I'M A BEAUTY QUEEN.

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 03:30 AM

From what I can tell damage in V is hit or miss. In some videos I have seen cars dented and scratched on impact, even more realistically than IV. Other times they went into a wall at 100mph and barely deformed.

Maybe the damage system is just glitchy, and will be patched in future updates.

Even if it isn't though, who gives a sh*t? At first I was disappointed at how often crashes wouldn't leave a mark, but two days later I'm over it. This is going to be a great game, full of stuff to do and explore. The only reason people are nitpicking now is they can't actually play the game for themselves, so it gives them something to do. If you really want to see damage, repeatedly crash your car hard and I guarantee it will show. 

Agni
  • Agni

#WeeabooPower

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 September 2013 - 03:55 AM

Holy jesus.

You managed to be a completel hysterical defensive fanboy AND a racist sh*thead at the same time.

GTAForums really is the scum of the internet put together.

Proletariat
  • Proletariat

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:55 AM

Holy jesus.

You managed to be a completel hysterical defensive fanboy AND a racist sh*thead at the same time.

Is it too much too ask for people just to accept the game as it is and not complain about it? Is it too much to point out the truth. There's a difference between constructive critic and being an complete ignoramus. And you sir are part of the scum that you mention that is GTAforums. People bitched about GTA IV when V was released. There was even a thread open that  said 
"Who's going to forget Liberty CIty?". Now all of a sudden people want to go back to Liberty City. Even after 5 years they don't want to go back "home". The height of imbecility I tell you. 

Proletariat
  • Proletariat

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:56 AM

From what I can tell damage in V is hit or miss. In some videos I have seen cars dented and scratched on impact, even more realistically than IV. Other times they went into a wall at 100mph and barely deformed.

Maybe the damage system is just glitchy, and will be patched in future updates.

Even if it isn't though, who gives a sh*t? At first I was disappointed at how often crashes wouldn't leave a mark, but two days later I'm over it. This is going to be a great game, full of stuff to do and explore. The only reason people are nitpicking now is they can't actually play the game for themselves, so it gives them something to do. If you really want to see damage, repeatedly crash your car hard and I guarantee it will show. 

Exactly. The storyline and roleplay is what counts. Not car driving and damage. If you ask me, they're vastly superior to GTA IV.

Proletariat
  • Proletariat

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:01 AM

Holy jesus.

And it isn't racist to point out a nonnative English speakers' grammatical and phoenitical flaws. They can't be taken seriously especially on a medium as vast as the internet.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users