Quantcast

» «
Photo

Am I the only one who doesn't care about the car issues?

39 replies to this topic
SideburnGuru
  • SideburnGuru

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:07 AM

I was watching some of the streams and its not even bad the only video that made it look bad was that first one with the white car

Was that the one where some guy was just randomly crashing into things? God. 

Yeah, of course it's going to look bad. 

jpalmer2004
  • jpalmer2004

Stop being an idiot!

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:28 AM

I just got done watching a 60 minute free roam gameplay video..

Everything haters have said about phsyics is completely without basis and false.

Example. The player in the video had a bulldozer and proceeded to crush squad cars. the car damage is all there THE ROOF CAVED IN like it should!

Is the damage tweaked? Yes. is it unrealistic? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

SideburnGuru
  • SideburnGuru

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:36 AM

I just got done watching a 60 minute free roam gameplay video..

Everything haters have said about phsyics is completely without basis and false.

Example. The player in the video had a bulldozer and proceeded to crush squad cars. the car damage is all there THE ROOF CAVED IN like it should!

Is the damage tweaked? Yes. is it unrealistic? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I guess I'm just one of the few who doesn't care even if it's not super realistic. I never thought of GTA to be that type of game.  

I mean, I expect some realism, but damn people go way too far with it. 

Gokurot1000
  • Gokurot1000

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:51 AM

Ultimately for me I care about gameplay. Considering that nearly everything has been reworked for this I'm stoked. The graphics are also friggin incredible...I can't contain myself.

So yes that stuff doesn't matter to me.
  • SideburnGuru likes this

SideburnGuru
  • SideburnGuru

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 September 2013 - 05:02 AM

Ultimately for me I care about gameplay. Considering that nearly everything has been reworked for this I'm stoked. The graphics are also friggin incredible...I can't contain myself.

So yes that stuff doesn't matter to me.

Pretty much agree with this. 

The fact some people care about something so dull, at least to me, as what happens when you crash a car kinda confuses me. To each their own, however. 

Proletariat
  • Proletariat

Vice City ain't a Nice City

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 05:06 AM

For me the depth, emotional aspect, satirical aspect, and the relative plausibility of the storyline will be a make or break for me. 

dakl82
  • dakl82

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 05:07 AM Edited by dakl82, 14 September 2013 - 05:07 AM.

I'm just glad the peds talk more . I hated in 4 that they had a sh*tload of people and they barely said anything.

It really pissed me off when you would see groups of people standing around hanging out  and not saying a word.

EVERYTHING about this game ( from what Iv'e seen so far) pisses all over 4 . I'll never play that

game again after this one is released.

BMW Sterling
  • BMW Sterling

(_o_Y_o_)

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 05:08 AM

So what if people don't like how the car handles. I personally love it. Look at some highway gameplay. How the cars on the opposite side sound when they pass you. It sounds REALISTIC. The car damage is fine in my opinion. It's just a little harder to do the damage unlike in GTA 4  where one small crash would dent your entire front. I've seen a viideo where a train wrecked the small sports car in GTA 5. That was enough to convince me that I was fine with that damage. I think it's just that people are used to the slowpace of GTA 4. I could give a sh*t.

The guns sound and LOOK awesome.

The characters are awesome

The physics

Running

Highway driving

ect sh*t is so much I can't even post it all is awesome.

And the driving isn't even bad. When you're speeding down the road it looks just like that.

For example

• PreciousWall likes this

GTAVTheHeat
  • GTAVTheHeat

I can't picture life without a point of view..

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 05:08 AM

Driving is a step up

Vehicles have more life but they are definitely able to be destroyed

Those who are crying about if the driving is bad have no clue how to compare and contrast.

Boxman108
  • Boxman108

Thug

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 05:14 AM

I care because it's a core aspect of the gameplay.  I'm glad that there's more variety in things like boats and aircraft this time around, but dumbing down the car physics and damage pretty much makes more than one third of the game less fun for me.  I liked doing crazy stunts and drifting, and it will probably feel a lot less rewarding to drive well in V compared to IV.  It would be near the same as if Rockstar decided to give you infinite ammo and health from the start and without cheats.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users