To the people old enough to have bought GTA III when it came out

92 replies to this topic
woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:21 AM

I have been a fan since III and I just can't believe how low the series has sunk. It's just terrible.

Yeah you can't be serious... Please explain.

Everything is just bad.

daviddabotch
  • daviddabotch

O.G.

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:24 AM

Been playing these games since they began.  I remember when I heard about each one.  I remember the songs from each one. Remember discovering these forums.  Seen some rough times here, sifting through a bunch of crap for tidbits of worthy posts.  This thread I can deal with... 3 days to go

exiledtaco
  • exiledtaco

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:26 AM

I have been a fan since III and I just can't believe how low the series has sunk. It's just terrible.

Yeah you can't be serious... Please explain.

Everything is just bad.

whats bad other than the lack of car physics, it a seems like an overall improvement.

El Tel
  • El Tel

It's just a ride.

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:26 AM

I'm almost 28, I remember getting the original GTA demo and playing it for weeks, even with the annoying time limit. I missed the hype for GTA III as I was late to the PS2 scene but when I bought it I loved it. My younger years were mostly spent actually playing with friends, in the real world (shock, horrror) but I managed to play all the other GTA's and loved them.

This is the first GTA I will be buying on release and due to my past experience with R* I have every faith that I will enjoy the game, this is why I decided to avoid all leaks and paitiently wait for the game to come out before I pass judgment. I'm well aware that the game will not be perfect, like previous games, but at this point I am 99% sure I am going to love this game. I feel the hype and I don't understand all of the people who are crying over the smallest of details before they have even played the game, I'm sure they'll eat their own words when the game comes out.

I don't know about you guys, but graphics, physics and all of the other stuff come second to the story and experience to me and no one does a story or creates an amazing and amusing world as R*.

I'd also like to add that I too, find it refreshing to see a thread filled with so many people who have some common sense and manners. Cookies for all.

SNEAKN80
  • SNEAKN80

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:27 AM

21 when 3 came out...read a small review of it in PSM in 2002..Went to pick it up right away. I love every GTA that they put out, the reason for that is that I have no expectations, just trust in a Dev that goes all out for its fans at any cost. I guess you can say its like a relationship...I trust R* because they never ever let me down.

Syntax323
  • Syntax323

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:27 AM

tell me if you're stoked or not after seeing the leaks. i'm trying to avoid them

it's obvious a lot of the people on this forum were maybe 10 yrs old when 4 was released and i can't take children's opinions seriously

Extremely. You will NOT be disappointed.

Ignore all the whiners you've been seeing. Add all the GTA's together + RDR, and this is what you'll get. Simply stunning.

It's a exact repeat with these kids from GTAIV. Remember when it leaked, everyone went nuts with nothing but bitching, and complaining. Now look, they compare GTAV with it, saying things aren't as good as it.

It's better, in all ways.

exiledtaco
  • exiledtaco

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:28 AM

tell me if you're stoked or not after seeing the leaks. i'm trying to avoid them

it's obvious a lot of the people on this forum were maybe 10 yrs old when 4 was released and i can't take children's opinions seriously

Ignore all the whiners you've been seeing. Add all the GTA's together + RDR, and this is what you'll get. Simply stunning.

It's a exact repeat with these kids from GTAIV. Remember when it leaked, everyone went nuts with nothing but bitching, and complaining. Now look, they compare GTAV with it, saying things aren't as good as it.

so this is normal?

topdownshooter
  • topdownshooter

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:33 AM

I've been playing GTA since the old school top down games and trust me dude you will not be disappointed with GTA V. It's f*cking amazing to say the least.

Ronrollin9434
  • Ronrollin9434

Grotti Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:33 AM

Are you watching the Russian livestream? Dude, this game is far from terrible. Honestly, The game is amazing, regardless of the little things that seem to stick out. This game is incredible.

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:35 AM

The game looks great. I think the handling looks worse than it actually will be under our control. Honestly a GTA game has never looked this good pre-release. I'm excited. 

Dizman
  • Dizman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:36 AM

I was 2yrs into college when GTA3 came out. I remember it vividly as I got screwed and had to work that day.....at EB Games! Talk about a cruel fate. When it got slower in the day my co-worker and I hooked a used PS2 up to the TV and took out a "shelf copy" and took turns playing it in the store!

But I digress, yeah I've watched probably 1.5hrs of gameplay leaks, no story just random running around and yeah I'm more excited than ever! I was looking forward to the game but now I can't stop thinking about it!

Seriously check a few out, eyeball the link a bit before make sure it's not a spoiler (most are not) and check it out. Draw distance is amazing and I'm still in disbelief at how "next-gen" it appears to be. I've tried 15 stores to get it early since the first leak I saw last night! OMG I soooo can't wait!

bigwalker
  • bigwalker

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:38 AM

The leaks amazed me the game just looks amazing

Today a friend of mine let me play GTA III on his phone and I stil remember the way around the  map I stole a banshee from the show room and cruised around and listened to the NPC's. It brought back a lot of memory's but also made me realize how quick gaming has evolved 

Momobearqt
  • Momobearqt

Serbian Style

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:41 AM

I'm very exited.

But I'm still in shock how

Spoiler
compared to GTA IV or any other GTA.

Syntax323
  • Syntax323

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:41 AM

so this is normal?

What do you mean? This routine with how people complain? 100% normal.

Don't forget, this is just one forum. Yes, sure you've seen people complaining on other sites too. Though, we are just a handfull of people.

Now, look at the numbers or preorders right now, and what's it at? ~3 Million, and that's just the U.S alone. The majority of people are happy. Developers can't hit everyone's needs and wants, ya know? Have to reach out to every type of gamer.

SocalZHP
  • SocalZHP

Yeah buddy

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:42 AM Edited by SocalZHP, 14 September 2013 - 02:43 AM.

I'm very exited.

But I'm still in shock how

Spoiler
compared to GTA IV or any other GTA.

A) I read somewhere they slowed down cars in IV to compensate for a slightly smaller map than San Andreas. This is also why they had no flyable planes.

B) SanAndreas had some pretty fast cars, even the Ai traffic on freeways.

uptownrockstar
  • uptownrockstar

Reagan Era

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:43 AM Edited by uptownrockstar, 14 September 2013 - 02:51 AM.

I was in my 20's when three came out. It was almost a ps2 launch title, as they came out around the same time I believe.

I heard about it, prior to releasing, but it was my cousin who bought it on day one. I watched him play for ATLEAST 2hours! He kept asking me if I wanted to play, but I didnt. I was completely blown away. I knew that if I played I couldn't see all the little details. 

Fast forward to IV; it was the best one, in my opinion. because of all the details. sure there wasnt much if anything to do, instead of missions. I myself would identify, and torment the local gangs. 

As far as SanAn. thats playing on my 360 as we chat.

Now for V, I saw one or two user uploads, and know I have seen enough, to know I've seen nothing. 

Just from the "details" we have ON PAPER. we cant lose!

although!

one thing I saw was Franklin take a plane and the player went to Trevor and then back to Franklin and the plane was his car falling to earth.....

:(

AndreyKva
  • AndreyKva

Cold Slavic Killer

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:46 AM

You can't take children's opinions seriously because you are a biased asshole.

Cilogy
  • Cilogy

SILL•uh•jee

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:59 AM Edited by Cilogy, 14 September 2013 - 03:00 AM.

It's pretty exciting, mainly because everything looks polished and fluid. After seeing gameplay, I think I'm gonna have a lot of fun simply feeling the city and the atmosphere. R* have always been experts at that.

I think I was about 12 or 13 when III came out. It's really cool to see how the gameplay has evolved from top-down to the V era.

JumpingKentFlash
  • JumpingKentFlash

Homeboy

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:13 AM

I was 20 when GTA III came out. Saw a free roaming live stream yesterday, and looks to me like this game really takes the cake. It looks so awesome. I have no idea about the story other than the R* released themes, so it looks on the up and up. This coming from someone who have been a fan since playing a demo of GTA 1. I've played all the games, minus GTA Advance, and bought all on release day, minus Chinatown Wars. Not only GTA games, but all Rockstar games I've bought day one since State Of Emergency. GTA V looks killer. I have never been so hyped for a GTA game before. It really looks like this is the torch bearer after San Andreas. Can't wait. It's gonna be awesome.

And don't listen to those stupid trolls around here. They're complaining for the hell of it. They've brought themselves to an extreme hype level, and now they're nagging because the game isn't exactly what they want. That happened first time with GTA 2, and it's the same every time. Folks! Don't worry. The game looks great, plays great, the map is huge, the features are killer and the car deformation is good too. Don't be unrealistic and stupid. You, YES YOU SITTING RIGHT THERE BY THE SCREEN, are gonna have a great time playing the living, assramming monkey sh*t out of this game. Trust me. Haters gonna hate. You'll love GTA V. That's for certain.

RX2000
  • RX2000

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:20 AM

I was 19 when III came out.

I'm super pumped for V.

mdgrncw
  • mdgrncw

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:33 AM

Gta3 I was 14, my friend that I was with 24/7, her mom bought her a ps2 and gta and we couldn't leave it alone. Her mom forgot to buy a memory card lol so we would see how far we could get in the game before we had to turn it off. We would have weekends where we would play it non-stop to the end. Then we discovered the cheat codes and that just made it even better. I saved up for my own ps2 and have been a die hard fan since.

I've stayed away from the story spoilers but I've watched the combat videos and just general free roam. I can't wait! I'm very hyped up for it.

kastrenzo
  • kastrenzo

Hustler

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:46 AM

what does someones age 10 years ago and leaks have to do with each other?

No, Really

M.Sultan
  • M.Sultan

Are you the man with the big cojones?!

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:50 AM

Yes, these forums have turned to utter sh*t with these children complaining about everything. But the good thing is that they will slowly disappear after the game comes out :)

Personally, I've tried to stay away from major leaks and the most I've seen is the odd leaked screenshot. Nether the less, I am extremely excited for V to come out! and as the same as every other GTA that has come out for me since III on release day, I will enjoy the living sh*t out of every single moment that I play!

Loxley
  • Loxley

This member is no longer active.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:15 AM

The leaks are what really sold me actually at first, but now they're bringing me into the harsh reality that V is simply a game with flaws like any other.

(if this post seems harsh its because I'm half asleep right now and I'm really worried about some rl problems right now)

TeCNeEk
  • TeCNeEk

GTA Legend

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:16 AM

GTA III was my first GTA game and I got it on 2001. Can't wait for GTA V.

S-M-O-K-E
  • S-M-O-K-E

GHMC President

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:16 AM Edited by S-M-O-K-E, 14 September 2013 - 04:18 AM.

Great thread. Nice change from all the bit*hing & crying. Ive only watched a couple mins of compressed footage & that was enough for me. I didnt wanna see anything that would really spoil stuff. So excited for this.

I was about 15 when III came out. Bought it shortly after release. First GTA for me was the first followed by london:1969 & II. Been a huge fan since day one & have purchased every one except for GTA Advanced. I still remember the first commercial i watched for III. My jaw literally dropped & i was in disbelief of what i had just witnesses. It was indeed a revolution in the gaming world as we knew it, set the bar incredibly high & paved the road for a whole new era of gaming.

I believe that V will be doing the same even though its coming at the end of this console era. Devs on the new generation will look to this as their competition & inspiration & rightfully so.

From what i have seen i must give R* a solid round of applause for the masterpiece they have created for us. This sh*t is gonna be epic!!

zachy
  • zachy

GT: ExO Semper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:19 AM

I was, 15 I think when 4 came out, but I was so damn stoked. I did the same thing I'm doin now, spending all my time on these exact forums lurking and reading everything.

TGroves14
  • TGroves14

'AFK' Melee Murderer

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:23 AM

ill be turning 22, well now, its midnight where i live, and ive played gta ever since gtalll when i was a little kid, my favorite was san andreas, i played that for 2 years straight, beat the game idk how many times, too many lol. i have watch all the leaked videos, and after watching them,i can honestly say im more excited now than ever after watching them and i have been keep track of all the updates ever since the first reveal trailer back in november a few years back. I enjoy watching them on instagram and vine, it gives a 6 second taste, always leaves me wanting more. i cant wait til monday night to get my copy during the midnight release!

Whytniss
  • Whytniss

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:42 PM

I got an atari 2600 before it was available in stores (uncle had a connection to atari rep) I loved it! I've had countless consoles since. Video games keep getting better everyday, but let's remember that they are just a fun diversion. I've been gaming now for over 30 years and still love it as much as when I had a 2600.

Rockstar is perhaps the best game studio ever and consistently turns out memorable games that are fun, thought provoking and funny. I loved GTA 1. When 3 came out, I was blown away. Vice city was a favorite because it was a tight and fun map that you could just do laps around causing mayhem. 

San Andreas felt like an event. I wasted years of my life on it and am playing it now while waiting for 5.

Four was not as enjoyable for me. I can see where others liked it, but the fun seemed kind of drained out of it as compared to VC and SA.

I see everyone complaining now about how the mechanics in 5 don't appear flawless. The scrutiny on this game is mind boggling particularly as only a few have played it. I am sure that as usual R* will deliver a great game that millions will enjoy playing for thousands of hours.

If you want realism and perfection, put the controller down and walk outside.

THUNDER-TRUMP
  • THUNDER-TRUMP

Black Country Crew - Sole Member

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:53 PM

I was old enough to get GTA when it first came out.
and after seeing the leaks this game looks epic yes it has got me stoked./

This game is better than, dare I say it, SEX.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users