» «
Photo

To the people old enough to have bought GTA III when it came out

92 replies to this topic
bangcrosby
  • bangcrosby

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:13 AM Edited by bangcrosby, 14 September 2013 - 12:13 AM.

tell me if you're stoked or not after seeing the leaks. i'm trying to avoid them

it's obvious a lot of the people on this forum were maybe 10 yrs old when 4 was released and i can't take children's opinions seriously

• FleetAdmiral likes this

SmokeDat
  • SmokeDat

I want a 'Minaj' w/ Nicki & Iggy

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:17 AM

I think some looks good, have refrained from watching a lot.

Of course I'm still stoked. From all the legit stuff I've seen, I doubt R* will let me down.

Trying to find a way to fast forward to tuesday morning...
  • FleetAdmiral likes this

hsthompson
  • hsthompson

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:18 AM Edited by hsthompson, 14 September 2013 - 12:23 AM.

I just got through watching some guy stream for an hour and I can't wait to get it!

Oh. I almost forgot not too many people had internet when GTAIII came out. If they did it wasn't fast enough to stream vids.

TreyCrll
  • TreyCrll

Forum Surfer

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:21 AM Edited by TreyCrll, 14 September 2013 - 12:23 AM.

I'm 20, and I was sort of a kid when III came out(I still played it due to my parents not caring about the bug M for Mature on the case)....

Regardless, if you're interested, yes, I am very stoked after seeing some of the spoilers. Some of the cry babies on here were expecting too much and got dissappointed, but I love what R* have done with the game. I'm sure anybody could have a great time playing this game. That being said, there are a few things physics-wise that have changed, but nothing too major.

Jameson312
  • Jameson312

Founder and Lead Curler: LS Curling Association

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:21 AM

I've been able to avoid pretty much all of the leaks. I remember when a friend showed me GTA III the sh*t was mind boggling lol...

Ahh I'm pretty stoked for the kid to break out of this man body and play some f*ckin games. Hell yeah.

TheManWithNoName
  • TheManWithNoName

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:22 AM

Don't watch them dude, seriously it's just idiots driving aimlessly and crashing. No point.

no_snacks
  • no_snacks

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Australia
  • Contribution Award [Mapping Los Santos]

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:24 AM

I was 29 when GTA III came out.
I've seen most of the leaks & I gotta say it looks very impressive.
There will always be people who whinge & complain about some little detail, but they don't seem to understand that a game of this scale & detail will never get everything 100% right.
It looks like V will be the game I was expecting IV to be plus much, much more.

cwhttr
  • cwhttr

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:29 AM

Easily watched hours of gameplay and Oh man, im so excited... looks amazing in every aspect

semie
  • semie

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:35 AM

So stoked I am considering going out and grabbing an xbox 360 today.... I do have a paid off ps3 pre order but I am that excited to play...

I am conflicted about this though. Get a pirated version to play now as I have already purchased a ps3 version that I can't get until the 17th.

I can hear the wife right now... "not gonna happen".

Guess I'll wait.

OT: Far#ing excited here mate.

theiceman13
  • theiceman13

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:37 AM

GTA V is a whole new  beginning and judging from a few videos, it looks very realistic and brilliant, i dont know whats the problem with these idiots who say its crap...dont forget there is only soo much in terms of graphics (not that the graphics are bad cos there not) that they could doo with a ps3 or xbox.

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:39 AM

I've been playing since GTA 1. I walked into a store and bought it myself. When III came out, I didn't know what to expect. Then I was blown away and die-hard ever since. With IV, it felt a little bland to me, but I still liked it. OK.

From what I've seen of the leaks, streams and everything else, R* changed the formula. A very f*cking dangerous thing to do when revisiting nostalgia. The driving is different, the crash physics are a joke, and many other problems obviously exist. I haven't played it yet, but I will just to see what I already know in my heart to be true. I have an aching in my heart right now 'cause I've waited so long. My eyes don't lie and I know what I've seen in the videos. R* can't slack off on physics and expect everybody to gargle on their balls just because it's "back to San An". I'm worried. I think R* might've stumbled a little bit and I don't like seeing my heros stumble. (turns on Foo Fighters - Hero with tear streaming down cheek)

• Kovalsky, Vorpax and Ronrollin9434 like this

Ronrollin9434
  • Ronrollin9434

Grotti Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:40 AM

I was around 11 years old when the game came out (and I got it in 2001), but yes, I love the game so far.

Only two things that irk me are:

car handling

car damage (well, the lack of damage cars take)

Other than that, I'm ecstatic. I'm 23.

• gunziness likes this

Omar_DmX
  • Omar_DmX

Trick

• Members
  • Tunisia

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:40 AM

A bit disappointed :( they brought a lot of good things back and messed up others...

Ryan_
  • Ryan_

Ryan_ aka 4:20

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:40 AM Edited by Ryan_, 14 September 2013 - 12:42 AM.

Saw some feeds, Totally stoked. Looks amazing.

I can remember the look on my wifes face when she saw how in love with GTAIII I was lol.

Can still hear the starting music ;)

Vorpax
  • Vorpax

Hustler

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:41 AM Edited by Vorpax, 14 September 2013 - 12:43 AM.

LOL i was 12 years old when GTAIII came out! And you have no idea what you're talking about, if you think, that only kids whine and b*tch, than you're freaking deluded!...Oh and no i had no expectations of GTAIII at all ,since i didn't have internet to inform me about each single detail, maybe if it was the case with GTAV my opinion of it would be different (most likely!...), but it is what it is and you can't change it!...

Ronrollin9434
  • Ronrollin9434

Grotti Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:42 AM

I've been playing since GTA 1. I walked into a store and bought it myself. When III came out, I didn't know what to expect. Then I was blown away and die-hard ever since. With IV, it felt a little bland to me, but I still liked it. OK.

From what I've seen of the leaks, streams and everything else, R* changed the formula. A very f*cking dangerous thing to do when revisiting nostalgia. The driving is different, the crash physics are a joke, and many other problems obviously exist. I haven't played it yet, but I will just to see what I already know in my heart to be true. I have an aching in my heart right now 'cause I've waited so long. My eyes don't lie and I know what I've seen in the videos. R* can't slack off on physics and expect everybody to gargle on their balls just because it's "back to San An". I'm worried. I think R* might've stumbled a little bit and I don't like seeing my heros stumble. (turns on Foo Fighters - Hero with tear streaming down cheek)

Holy sh*t. This post is so close to how I feel, it's scary. I wish I could give you more likes, man.

• kool flush and AtomicPunk like this

AlasClarin
  • AlasClarin

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:43 AM

tell me if you're stoked or not after seeing the leaks. i'm trying to avoid them

it's obvious a lot of the people on this forum were maybe 10 yrs old when 4 was released and i can't take children's opinions seriously

I don't know until I play it on PC.

bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:43 AM Edited by bish0p2004, 14 September 2013 - 12:43 AM.

Definitely.  The animations (which I'm most impressed about) are on a whole new level.  I used to think that the AC series had the best animations, but after seeing GTA V, I can't believe that they've managed to make it look so good.

Even AC: Black Flag pales in comparison.

And animals.  Animals in a freaking GTA game.  That sh*t crazy, yo.

malcolmfunktion
  • malcolmfunktion

Gangsta

• Members
  • None
  • Best Topic 2014 [Things you didn't know about GTAO until now]

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:44 AM

Keep avoiding the leaks OP, not long to wait now. It looks unbelievable! Wish I hadn't watched leaks myself. It. Is. HUGE! :)

Jackhepburn
  • Jackhepburn

'Carcer City RedKings' Leader

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:44 AM Edited by Jackhepburn, 14 September 2013 - 12:48 AM.

A few nitpicks on my end but all in all it's looking good. I think Rockstar may have gone overboard on the problems of IV and done the opposite, for me it is now too colourful as apposed to being too dull. I think it's now a little too wacky (

Spoiler
) as apposed to being too realistic and last is because of people saying IV's handling was 'boatlike' they have now opt to use a smoother system.

I'm waiting on release for my verdict but the future is looking good. And yes, I've kept up to date with GTA since the original.

Todmcfly
  • Todmcfly

Snitch

• Members

I'm 30 been a fan of GTA since 1. I've watched every leaked live stream out there..... And I'm completley satisfied and if not more excited. I don't know What the hell all these people are complaining about. Physics look fine, driving looks fine, crashes look great, land scape looks amazing...... I just don't get what these people are complaining about

theotherMittens
  • theotherMittens

Rat

• Members

i played III a little bit after it came out (i was  11 or 12), have love  the series ever since and i think V looks great

Rokit5
  • Rokit5

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:45 AM

I'm 40 y/o. Bought GTA2 for Dreamcast.  I have been in awe since the first trailer.  Can not wait to get on a bicycle or Caddie as soon as I can -traverse and get lost in this new world.

Honest Bill
  • Honest Bill

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:46 AM

I was old enough to buy the first GTA. And yes, i'm still eager to play it. It will have flaws though, and people have every right to make those observations without everybody getting insanely defensive and attacking them for it. 

Anyway, i've watched some of the gameplay videos, and i'm still excited to play it for myself. The graphics look way better than i would have imagined. and all the scenery is great.

GM Inc
  • GM Inc

Get Money Industries

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:51 AM

i was 15 when III came out and it was amazing.from the streams i have seen(no story spoilers) V is going to be one of them games what you play for a long time

50_Shades_Of_Ray
  • 50_Shades_Of_Ray

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:51 AM

Regardless of the leak vids it all pales in comparison to loading it on your own system beating off until it's booted...jk and seeing it on your favorite tv in your favorite seat and blowing your f*cking mind I'm fully torqued just thinking about it...

GM Inc
  • GM Inc

Get Money Industries

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:54 AM

Regardless of the leak vids it all pales in comparison to loading it on your own system beating off until it's booted...jk and seeing it on your favorite tv in your favorite seat and blowing your f*cking mind I'm fully torqued just thinking about it...

lol this guy is spot on

Elsparko
  • Elsparko

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:56 AM

I'm 42 and sold the first GTA (PC) at Babbages before they became Gamestop. No other series has ever made me more excited for the next release. Vacation days start Monday!

• SesameStPimp likes this

Mateusz-
  • Mateusz-

Player Hater

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:57 AM

At the time I thought GTA III would be the greatest game yet now I think GTA V will be the greatest game yet.

Taz_78
  • Taz_78

People are bitchin bout cops in a cops and robbers game? ROTFL

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:58 AM Edited by Taz_78, 14 September 2013 - 01:01 AM.

Excited for it.

Looks like a cross between iv and RDR, like TheManWithNoName said, it's a bunch of clips of dumbasses driving into things and shooting peds. There is a vid on youtube featuring the first mission, that was pretty good.

This forum has nose dived. Don't listen to these little kids, they know everything but haven't played sh*t.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users