Photo

To Moderators

8 replies to this topic
Cyper
  • Cyper

Liberty City Lover Since 2001

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:03 PM Edited by Cyper, 13 September 2013 - 11:06 PM.

I know that there is huge amount of users being registered all the time, and literally hundreds of posts and topics on and off. One thing that have bothered me on this board though is the fact that there is so many hostile and offensive posts. It seems like people get away with it aswell. Someone who writes ''You're a f*cking moron'' deserves an infraction right away. If it happens again, a short bann. Now regarding the GTA V section there is constantly posted leaked footage. If GTAforums really want to support Rockstar Games it should not be allowed to post leaked footage and doing so should result in a temporary bann from the board. Breaking the rule twice should result in a longer bann, and third time a permanent bann.

I'm really fed up with all this. I do not blame the moderators for it either since such a forum is hard to control. But I think that you moderators should be way more strict.

The board reminds me off a playground where people literally are free to insult others and write nonsense in topics.

Edward-Is-A-Flunky45
  • Edward-Is-A-Flunky45

Frazy as Cruck

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:48 AM

Since you're not obligated to watch the leaks, and also the majority was seeing the leaks because they wanted, you can't come here and say this. If the mods, let us watch, it's fine. Also, this is a place for latest GTA news, if you want to know things that you already have seen before go over IGN or other site.

Big Slow
  • Big Slow

<3 629

• The Connection

Posted 14 September 2013 - 05:02 AM

You have to realize that being insulted online is going to happen, and happen often. Hell, if they punished users for insulting one another every time, most of us would have been banned years ago. There are thousands of posts per day, there's no way to police them all. If it's that much of an issue, there is a Report button for a reason.

As for leaked footage, this happens every release. People are super-excited to get their hands on anything and everything GTA V, and many others are glad to share in it. I mean, they jizz their pants when a new screenshot is released, so a video is going to spread like wildfire. Again, the Report button should be utilized so you can point them directly at the post you'd like addressed, and it can be handled accordingly. Lastly, use your best judgment on what videos to watch to avoid spoilers for yourself. I'd personally just steer clear altogether if it's that much of an issue.
  • Matty likes this

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:24 AM

If you see someone flaming/insulting others, then use the report button. You might not be able to see what action is being taken against them, but we do warn members for inappropriate behaviour. Same goes for posting leaks/spoilers.

OG Viking
  • OG Viking

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:00 PM

I avoid leaks so I don't know what actually is being leaked, but often leaks are beneficial, especially when the leaks are "positive news". It happens in politics and in business. Leaks can be harmful too. I don't know how these leaks are supposed to damage R* or the new game, but maybe not all the leaked material are bad. Maybe none of it is bad but I'll not be the judge of that. Just my two cents because I'm not sure it's in anyone's interest to disallow postings of leaks. But I do know what's in my interest, that's why I don't read any leaks.

Cyper
  • Cyper

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:36 PM

You have to realize that being insulted online is going to happen, and happen often. Hell, if they punished users for insulting one another every time, most of us would have been banned years ago. There are thousands of posts per day, there's no way to police them all. If it's that much of an issue, there is a Report button for a reason.

As for leaked footage, this happens every release. People are super-excited to get their hands on anything and everything GTA V, and many others are glad to share in it. I mean, they jizz their pants when a new screenshot is released, so a video is going to spread like wildfire. Again, the Report button should be utilized so you can point them directly at the post you'd like addressed, and it can be handled accordingly. Lastly, use your best judgment on what videos to watch to avoid spoilers for yourself. I'd personally just steer clear altogether if it's that much of an issue.

I have never said that it isn't going to happen. What I am saying is that the moderators should be way more strict. If than means a lot of users gets banned well then that's just good.

If you see someone flaming/insulting others, then use the report button. You might not be able to see what action is being taken against them, but we do warn members for inappropriate behaviour. Same goes for posting leaks/spoilers.

I do understand that. But what I am saying is that someone who write ''You're a f*cking idiot'' deserves an instant infraction without warning. Or even better, a bann for a month. This will force people to be way more constructive when they use the board and it will save you a lot of time since you wont have to babysit all the time. Instead you get rid of the problems. It will also get rid of these kind of people.

This board is extreme when it comes to insults and in general childish behaviour.

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:34 PM

An outright temp ban for first time infractions is a little too much. If the member refuses to listen to the warning, then a temp ban would be justified. Also, we always start off with smaller temp bans depending upon the severity of the infraction. For a new member, a one month temp ban will only force them to register a new account to get around the temp ban.

• OG Viking likes this

Cyper
  • Cyper

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:00 PM

Well, I reckon there is an IP bann?

I really don't get it. This forums is filled with spam and hatred and it seems like it's acceptable.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I see nothing but good things for you my boy.

• Members
  • India

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:29 PM

Dynamic IP's prevent that. While you do that, you also ban multiple legit accounts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users