Photo

How quickly we forget...

38 replies to this topic
Elemental716
  • Elemental716

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:54 PM

When GTA IV released everyone hated the driving physics but then later got used to it and started to really enjoy it. I was one of thoes people who grew to love the driving physics.

just wait till you play the game and have one of thoes "GTA moments" while getting chased down.
  • HoleInTheSky, celozzip, Sapstar and 16 others like this

krazy_fool_X
  • krazy_fool_X

Trick

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:55 PM

I can't like this enough.

• melonfarmerz and TheToenail like this

Alexey86
  • Alexey86

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:56 PM

its just there are not enough sh*t cars. It looks like every car drives fast and good. Where was the love to find some interesting and unique cars. The arcade gameplay should only apply to a quarter of the cars , the sporty unique ones.

Ola441
  • Ola441

Hustler

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:57 PM

You forgot to mention the sh*tstorm about small maps..there is no such thing as contentment.

uboaaaa
  • uboaaaa

I'm afraid we've reached an impasse.

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:58 PM

I think the driving physics look enjoyable and much better. Everyone who thought IV's driving was realistic has never driven before.

Boxman108
  • Boxman108

Thug

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:01 PM

I don't think they were the same people.  Some people sucked at IV and are the ones responsible for what it is we have now.

Elemental716
  • Elemental716

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:01 PM

And the thing with GTA IV was that all the vehicles kinda felt the same. From what i hear from people that have played the game (not speculating off leaked footage) is that there is much more variation in how differnt vehicles handle.

stee_vo
  • stee_vo

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:02 PM

Yeah, well, i don't care about what others think, i know i'm gonna have a blast with the game.

• krazy_fool_X and shawt22 like this

Elemental716
  • Elemental716

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:03 PM

Yeah, well, i don't care about what others think, i know i'm gonna have a blast with the game.

ya good point

pariah87
  • pariah87

Chosen one

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:03 PM

I never hates the driving in IV EVER!!!!!!

Looks good in V though, too many self entitled idiots nowadays, spoiled little kids who are still suckin on mommas titties should be burned and pissed on.

Elsparko
  • Elsparko

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:05 PM

You forgot to mention the sh*tstorm about small maps..there is no such thing as contentment.

The problem is most people have no idea what it takes to make a 256 million dollar game, nor how hard it is to balance and keep the majority of people happy. If there are enough complaints after launch to change anything, they will patch it. Everything in the game goes through countless hours of internal scrutiny by a lot of testers. I know this because I used to work for Tiburon (Madden) back in the early 2000's. Considering we had a group of about 15 testers for each version (PS2, Gamecube, Xbox), and that was a yearly release, I'm sure R* probably employ at least double that for a game that has a five-year production schedule.

As everyone has stated already, wait until you get the game yourself. If there is something you don't like, leave a comment or e-mail R*. Give them time to sort things out post-launch, and then they will assess what needs fixing, if anything.

Ginkhana
  • Ginkhana

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:08 PM

I think the driving physics look enjoyable and much better. Everyone who thought IV's driving was realistic has never driven before.

I drive everyday, and I can tell you that despite not being realistic at all, it's a lot closer than what I've seen from GTA V so far.

• Ronrollin9434 likes this

Ginkhana
  • Ginkhana

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:09 PM

The problem is most people have no idea what it takes to make a 256 million dollar game, nor how hard it is to balance and keep the majority of people happy. If there are enough complaints after launch to change anything, they will patch it. Everything in the game goes through countless hours of internal scrutiny by a lot of testers. I know this because I used to work for Tiburon (Madden) back in the early 2000's. Considering we had a group of about 15 testers for each version (PS2, Gamecube, Xbox), and that was a yearly release, I'm sure R* probably employ at least double that for a game that has a five-year production schedule.

As everyone has stated already, wait until you get the game yourself. If there is something you don't like, leave a comment or e-mail R*. Give them time to sort things out post-launch, and then they will assess what needs fixing, if anything.

Running my own business, if there's anything I've learned is listening to the wrong fans hurts you more than not listening at all.

• Elsparko and Ola441 like this

Elsparko
  • Elsparko

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:11 PM

Running my own business, if there's anything I've learned is listening to the wrong fans hurts you more than not listening at all.

Ain't that the truth.

• Ola441 likes this

Mcquiz
  • Mcquiz

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:11 PM

We never said it was realistic. We said that it was closer to realism than any other open world game when it came to driving. And I drive a car every day.

Ola441
  • Ola441

Hustler

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:12 PM

I have never seen so much truth on this site!
  • Elsparko likes this

Skylanator
  • Skylanator

War, war never changes..

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:12 PM

I watched a long Audi R8 leak and it seems really feathery, I didn't really like it.. Though I love Audi R8s, that kindof brought me down a notch. Don't get me wrong, I still love the game and I'll still be playing it and buying a GTA V and an Audi R8 :p. But the driving looked better in other cars, i.e the pick up truck actually had better handling... But I'm glad it changes per car, that means I can find one that suits me perfectly :D and we can always modify our cars to our preference !

Elemental716
  • Elemental716

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:18 PM

Yup fans of BF3 know how bad that is

Okin
  • Okin

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:19 PM

Or free speech apparently. 

• pariah87 likes this

Edward-Is-A-Flunky45
  • Edward-Is-A-Flunky45

Frazy as Cruck

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:20 PM

When GTA IV released everyone hated the driving physics but then later got used to it and started to really enjoy it. I was one of thoes people who grew to love the driving physics.

just wait till you play the game and have one of thoes "GTA moments" while getting chased down.

Dude, the handling is awesome, I can tell by a mission I saw, but since the leaks are forbidden here, I won't say sh*t.

BFR579
  • BFR579

"Till things are brighter, I'm the man in black."

• Members

Yup fans of BF3 know how bad that is

And fans of BF games before bc2 know that even better.   :lol:  (though bf4 looks like an improvement over the horror that was 3).

Elsparko
  • Elsparko

Snitch

• Members

I watched a long Audi R8 leak and it seems really feathery, I didn't really like it.. Though I love Audi R8s, that kindof brought me down a notch. Don't get me wrong, I still love the game and I'll still be playing it and buying a GTA V and an Audi R8 :p. But the driving looked better in other cars, i.e the pick up truck actually had better handling... But I'm glad it changes per car, that means I can find one that suits me perfectly :D and we can always modify our cars to our preference !

Exactly. Car customization is there for a reason. If all the cars handled like a dream from the get-go then a lot of that customization (outside of the cosmetic) would be pointless.

Carbine23
  • Carbine23

Work Hard & Say It's Easy

• Members

Yeah i remember everyone b*tched when GTAIV was released....it really wasn't until now that people are moaning how it was much better

pysolic
  • pysolic

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:21 PM

Let's face it, these people who are complaining will probably buy the game regardless of what they say, just think in a few years time we'll have people saying

'GTA VI has sh*t driving, V's was way better'

Ola441
  • Ola441

Hustler

• Members

Now I know your just tryna bait me into an argument.. You will be treated like a troll hence forth

skillz7855
  • skillz7855

Soldier

• Members

People don't realize that all three Protagonist handle cars differently. Franklin can handle cars perfectly.Unlike Trevor and Mike also a lot cars have different handlings.

• Elsparko likes this

Okin
  • Okin

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:23 PM

Now I know your just tryna bait me into an argument.. You will be treated like a troll hence forth

You are baiting people into discussing small maps! Something that had nothing to do with the OP's comments. You are so desperate to band against those who have complaints through any means necessary.

pariah87
  • pariah87

Chosen one

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:23 PM

Your comment is so contradictory. If we want to say your a whiney little bitch and then you say free speech, well.... we are allowed it too.

Elsparko
  • Elsparko

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:25 PM

People don't realize that all three Protagonist handle cars differently. Franklin can handle cars perfectly.Unlike Trevor and Mike also a lot cars have different handlings.

As the kids say nowadays - this.

Elemental716
  • Elemental716

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:26 PM

Ya i saw some footage of trevor driving around in a regular sedan and it looked exactly like IV with the way he was taking corners. Looked like it had a sh*t load of understear which is exactly how IV was.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users