Warning, Dangers of midnight release

173 replies to this topic
Tyrone91
  • Tyrone91

G.I.P my nigga poppy

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:50 AM

Is there a difference in being a nigga or a nicca?

well i aint gone get into it but 

Spoiler

TheGreenSadler
  • TheGreenSadler

a.k.a. MrCamTheMan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:57 AM

Even though where I live is practically country, I'm not going to midnight launch. I'm just going to buy GTA V during normal business hours (day time).

NexusLordNova
  • NexusLordNova

Assassin

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 14 September 2013 - 05:06 AM Edited by NexusLordNova, 14 September 2013 - 05:09 AM.

This was going to be my first midnight launch, I had no worries...thanks -_-

Edit: whatever I'm still going just going to be more cautious than I would have been.

Ichirpthe1-2
  • Ichirpthe1-2

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 05:31 AM

This is my first midnight launch, i live in NYC. I don't have any weapons lol, but im gonna be getting out of work so I don't think anyone is gonna bother someone wearing a suit. At least I hope not.

Ive been robbed at gunpoint before when i was like 16. I guess this thread is making me paranoid :panic: 

I just hope for once there's cops around.

exe_order_66
  • exe_order_66

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 05:33 AM

I'll just go to Tesco at 6 in the morning. All mugger and thieves will be asleep by then.

What the hell is a ....tesco?

Poker2012chu
  • Poker2012chu

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 05:35 AM

I'll just go to Tesco at 6 in the morning. All mugger and thieves will be asleep by then.

I think it's the UK's version of Wal-Mart.

Killzone VII
  • Killzone VII

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 05:39 AM

I'm a cop too.  As long as your Gamestop is not in a (you know who) neighborhood you'll be ok.  

Whoa what are you trying to say? That only black people steal sh*t? Yeah that's not racist at all...

Pretty much proves why I don't attempt to make friends with white people or have any respect for pigs aka you know what I mean... Cops... Cops are racist Irish catholic pigs..

Assuming that was a joke, good one.

If it wasn't you're just feeding the racism beast and are a huge part of the reason it won't die.

El Tel
  • El Tel

It's just a ride.

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 September 2013 - 05:53 AM

Indeed, famous for selling horse meat as beef, slave labour and fantastic multibuy offers such as this:

babyfood470.jpg

exe_order_66
  • exe_order_66

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 05:56 AM

Indeed, famous for selling horse meat as beef, slave labour and fantastic multibuy offers such as this:

babyfood470.jpg

WTF horsemeat? who eats that sh*t! it's all about the cow man. leave them horses alone. let them run free!

Big_Mitch_Baker
  • Big_Mitch_Baker

== Angels of Death - Founder

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 14 September 2013 - 05:57 AM

lmao, real crooks would take your money, anybody points a gun in my face for a video game & I'm gonna force him to use it

El Tel
  • El Tel

It's just a ride.

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 September 2013 - 05:59 AM

WTF horsemeat? who eats that sh*t! it's all about the cow man. leave them horses alone. let them run free!

To be fair, the people who were buying it thought they were getting beef. It was kind of a big deal when the public found out. Who willingly eats horse you ask? That would be the French.

Bantri
  • Bantri

I'll kill as many animals in GTA as I damn well please

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:00 AM

I'm just worried for some reason, my CE will be gone Tuesday morning. But I have no one to go to the midnight release with, so it won't be much fun anyways, if I can make it in time from getting off work. If I remember right, the midnight release was just handing the game, no bags, nothing. I'd much rather park next to the building in daylight and get my game in a bag than not in one and halfway through a large Walmart sized parking lot in the dark.

Safety is worth the extra few hours later to get the game. I doubt anything would happen though... but probably so said the people it has happened to.

Bantri
  • Bantri

I'll kill as many animals in GTA as I damn well please

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:06 AM

Well the GameStop I'm going to is surrounded by cornfields in just about the safest little town possible.

I don't have to worry.

Bad way of thinking. Not to be rude, but if you've noticed on the news over the past year or two. All these shootings and murders, happen in quiet little towns.

Just always be aware. Not saying anyone should be scared, just keep an eye out. Always be aware.

SirBensalot must not have seen Hot Fuzz. Hehe

GuantanamoObama
  • GuantanamoObama

That is to say, Cunnilingus

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:06 AM

Out here in the civilized world (Northern Europe) I doubt there's any way you would get robbed at a midnight launch even if you tried.

Indeed. The worst that could happen here (UK) is that someone pushes infront of someone else in the queue, but seen as how seriously we take queing over here, that person would quickly be put in their place with some nasty glances and comments mumbled quitley under peoples breath.

Have fun running the gauntlet 'Muricans.

It really is another world out here in the good old USA.... There is a college in our town and there were 3 students from London walking down what they thought was a nice street. Well with in minutes, 3 shaved head gangsters roll up an Rob them at gun point.

While I was taking the report they were so amazed at America's gun culture, I had to inform them that sadly this is a typical event (at least in the city I was working in). Welcome to violent America be careful walking down the street

It's not America's supposed 'gun culture', but rather, the state of California's making it so difficult for one to legally procure a means by which to defend themselves. 

El Tel
  • El Tel

It's just a ride.

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:15 AM

Out here in the civilized world (Northern Europe) I doubt there's any way you would get robbed at a midnight launch even if you tried.

Indeed. The worst that could happen here (UK) is that someone pushes infront of someone else in the queue, but seen as how seriously we take queing over here, that person would quickly be put in their place with some nasty glances and comments mumbled quitley under peoples breath.

It really is another world out here in the good old USA.... There is a college in our town and there were 3 students from London walking down what they thought was a nice street. Well with in minutes, 3 shaved head gangsters roll up an Rob them at gun point.

While I was taking the report they were so amazed at America's gun culture, I had to inform them that sadly this is a typical event (at least in the city I was working in). Welcome to violent America be careful walking down the street

It's not America's supposed 'gun culture', but rather, the state of California's making it so difficult for one to legally procure a means by which to defend themselves. 

I can't see how making it easier to get more guns on the street would help. I have to say that I am kind of pro guns, I've used shotguns and rifles since a young age but the law over here is very strict and not only is it hard to get a firearms license but it is also illegal to defend yourself with them, no matter what.

But judging by this thread, I would have to say that tighter gun control works. I often walk to my local 24hr Tesco (not for horse meat) in the middle of the night and I've never felt unsafe. Hell, I grew up in one of the most dangerous parts of London and I've never felt like my life could be at risk.

Poker2012chu
  • Poker2012chu

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:28 AM

I can't see how making it easier to get more guns on the street would help. I have to say that I am kind of pro guns, I've used shotguns and rifles since a young age but the law over here is very strict and not only is it hard to get a firearms license but it is also illegal to defend yourself with them, no matter what.

But judging by this thread, I would have to say that tighter gun control works. I often walk to my local 24hr Tesco (not for horse meat) in the middle of the night and I've never felt unsafe. Hell, I grew up in one of the most dangerous parts of London and I've never felt like my life could be at risk.

There's a saying that if you ban guns, only the government and criminals will have them. Reason being that criminals will get them anyway, but law-abiding citizens will be defenseless. If a criminal knows that someone might have a gun, he'll either move on to an easier target or just not commit a crime right there

El Tel
  • El Tel

It's just a ride.

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:37 AM Edited by El Tel, 14 September 2013 - 06:39 AM.

There's a saying that if you ban guns, only the government and criminals will have them. Reason being that criminals will get them anyway, but law-abiding citizens will be defenseless. If a criminal knows that someone might have a gun, he'll either move on to an easier target or just not commit a crime right there

Illegal gun possesion over here comes with such harsh penalties that criminals just don't carry them. Not to mention that our police aren't armed (except for small armed response teams). You could also argue that if criminals know that no one has any guns then they have less reason to carry them themselves.

I'm not trying to tell you how your country should be run though, thats up to you guys, and I don't want to start a debate over it. I'm just offering a perspective from a country whos firearm laws have got a progressivly tighter over my lifespan.

Either way, I hope everyone here manages to pick up their game without any problems. Stay safe my friends.

AndreyK
  • AndreyK

Cold Slavic Killer

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:39 AM

I live in a safe neighbourhood in Melbourne, Australia that only has about 50,000 people and I am not sure about the number of pre-orders, but it shouldn't be much.

Yep, I think I am safe. Well, despite there have been about 3 break ins in my school at night.

cake1987
  • cake1987

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:42 AM

Happens all over the world had some stabbings in the uk on midnight releases big crowds of peopl where potential thieves can almost guarantee people have cash on em are just easy targets, stay safe

Twiggy123
  • Twiggy123

HNIC of the NN

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:46 AM

I live in Ohio, where the only gun laws are federal gun laws. I open carry a Glock 17 from time to time. Nobody f*cks with a guy with a gun.

exe_order_66
  • exe_order_66

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:47 AM

To be fair, the people who were buying it thought they were getting beef. It was kind of a big deal when the public found out. Who willingly eats horse you ask? That would be the French.

so damn nasty! lol

Anonamix
  • Anonamix

Hustler

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:48 AM

Conceal and carry license + 380

f*ck the police.

atix
  • atix

Peon

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 05:11 PM

I live in a safe neighbourhood in Melbourne, Australia that only has about 50,000 people and I am not sure about the number of pre-orders, but it shouldn't be much.

Yep, I think I am safe. Well, despite there have been about 3 break ins in my school at night.

A little off-topic, but when i saw your avatar i remembered:

When the game comes out for everyone and we all lay low on the forum due to being playing, i will miss your posts regarding the whole: "yeah...he got an early copy and we never heard of him again...R* got him killed using ninjas!"

Hilarious posts. thanks :)

M0B5TA
  • M0B5TA

#swag yolo lolz

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:43 PM

This is my first midnight launch, i live in NYC. I don't have any weapons lol, but im gonna be getting out of work so I don't think anyone is gonna bother someone wearing a suit. At least I hope not.

Ive been robbed at gunpoint before when i was like 16. I guess this thread is making me paranoid :panic:

I just hope for once there's cops around.

Where are you picking your game up from? ill tell you if youre safe or not lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users