Photo

Warning, Dangers of midnight release

173 replies to this topic
exe_order_66
  • exe_order_66

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:39 PM

I have a sneaking feeling the NYPD will be out in queens where im going. that's a given but who wants to be arrested for stealing a game. just buy the sh*t.... The wolves are definitely out here though.

GM Inc
  • GM Inc

Get Money Industries

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:40 PM

I'm assuming due to the popularity of this game that the midnight release crowds will get rather large.

I have been a law enforcement officer (on patrol for 7 years now) and have personally taken robbery reports from people who have been robbed (at gun point) while waiting in line.

So just a friendly reminder to everyone, be aware of your surroundings when in line. I personally have the night off so I will be armed in the line while waiting (think free security). I may be a 30 year old adult but I've been playing gta since I was a kid! Random topic I know but I think it is more relevant than most the other topics right now. Don't get robbed in real life, save that for Los Santos, see ya guys online.

good post mate deffo keep ya selfs safe it's only a game after all

topdownshooter
  • topdownshooter

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:41 PM

I've been to a dozen midnight releases and have never seen any issues. You people are paranoid pussies.

BettyBlueGT
  • BettyBlueGT

Thug

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:46 PM

I'm a cop too.  As long as your Gamestop is not in a (you know who) neighborhood you'll be ok.  

Whoa what are you trying to say? That only black people steal sh*t? Yeah that's not racist at all...

Pretty much proves why I don't attempt to make friends with white people or have any respect for pigs aka you know what I mean... Cops... Cops are racist Irish catholic pigs..

GM Inc
  • GM Inc

Get Money Industries

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:51 PM

I'm a cop too.  As long as your Gamestop is not in a (you know who) neighborhood you'll be ok.  

Whoa what are you trying to say? That only black people steal sh*t? Yeah that's not racist at all...

Pretty much proves why I don't attempt to make friends with white people or have any respect for pigs aka you know what I mean... Cops... Cops are racist Irish catholic pigs..

not all of us are racist same as not all black people are racist 

CF22
  • CF22

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:53 PM

Thanks for the heads up.  :^:

Killzone VII
  • Killzone VII

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:54 PM

The beauty of the internet...he could be meaning ANYTHING. YOU were the one that said black ppl....lol.

I'm not the only one who interpreted it that way.
The way he wrote it sounds like his intention was to sound racist, like I could say "suck my.... well, you know" and most people interpreted it as vulgar. However I could've meant strawberry, doesn't make it any more okay to say it like that.

mdz255
  • mdz255

I'm not a crook

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:55 PM

Midnight release here in Detroit... don't count on the police if you get robbed they'll be there in 45 minutes when the thug is at home playing the game. I'll hear it on my police scanner. 

will_owen
  • will_owen

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:56 PM

To the people talking about going to the midnight release armed, what would you do if someone tried robbing you then shoot them? You cant even use the excuse that it would deter them if they saw you with one cause your on about taking a concealed one. Also why do you think someone would try rob you or anyone? Either because A) They are poor and don't have the money to buy it themselves or B) to sell it on to get money. Why do people do such things for money? Its the capitalists way. Im not even going to get into a debate about 'merica's gun laws and I'm sorry to get political but just think about it.

You have a point can't really kill someone for simply attempting to take your game, unless a weapon is involved and you are in fear for your safety......

Also you need a dose of reality, people simply don't commit crime cause there poor and want money, the people that are committing these crimes are not humans, they have no moral compas and they take whattheywant from who they want.... To have the attitude of ohhhhh these poor people they just want money is bull sh*t. There criminals and make victims out of people simply cause they feel like it

I need a dose of reality? that second paragraph is seriously worrying especially coming from a police officer, you need to put yourself in other peoples shoes a bit more, is it just some extremely weird coincidence that all over the world the places with the highest crime rates are poor neighbourhoods? Is it that oddly there are much more evil people that are poor? The majority of criminals have a reason for being one even if its subconsciously, why do you think people get to the point of having no moral compass? Because they don't feel like they have a future, or are mad or have gone through something that made them that way, or more importantly are jealous and annoyed because some people are born into wealth and an easy life whereas they haven't had the same chances. I understand people cant help if they were born rich but they can decide to do something to help people being poor. Remember the famous american saying 'never leave a man behind'? Americans should start living by that more. 

The reason I said its the capitalists way is because for one thats the reason people are poor and secondly its because the whole message is that its good to be wealthy, it gives you power and an easy life. 

Criminals aren't nice people however they ARE still human and some much have a better excuse than others especially if they're crime doesn't involve actually hurting someone. 

TL;DR

nitr0monkey
  • nitr0monkey

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:57 PM

Midnight release here in Detroit... don't count on the police if you get robbed they'll be there in 45 minutes when the thug is at home playing the game. I'll hear it on my police scanner. 

People still live there?

exe_order_66
  • exe_order_66

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:17 AM

People still live there?

Not everyone moved... lmfao!

mrrightt
  • mrrightt

Brown Republican

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:21 AM

To the people talking about going to the midnight release armed, what would you do if someone tried robbing you then shoot them? You cant even use the excuse that it would deter them if they saw you with one cause your on about taking a concealed one. Also why do you think someone would try rob you or anyone? Either because A) They are poor and don't have the money to buy it themselves or B) to sell it on to get money. Why do people do such things for money? Its the capitalists way. Im not even going to get into a debate about 'merica's gun laws and I'm sorry to get political but just think about it.

You have a point can't really kill someone for simply attempting to take your game, unless a weapon is involved and you are in fear for your safety......

Also you need a dose of reality, people simply don't commit crime cause there poor and want money, the people that are committing these crimes are not humans, they have no moral compas and they take whattheywant from who they want.... To have the attitude of ohhhhh these poor people they just want money is bull sh*t. There criminals and make victims out of people simply cause they feel like it

I need a dose of reality? that second paragraph is seriously worrying especially coming from a police officer, you need to put yourself in other peoples shoes a bit more, is it just some extremely weird coincidence that all over the world the places with the highest crime rates are poor neighbourhoods? Is it that oddly there are much more evil people that are poor? The majority of criminals have a reason for being one even if its subconsciously, why do you think people get to the point of having no moral compass? Because they don't feel like they have a future, or are mad or have gone through something that made them that way, or more importantly are jealous and annoyed because some people are born into wealth and an easy life whereas they haven't had the same chances. I understand people cant help if they were born rich but they can decide to do something to help people being poor. Remember the famous american saying 'never leave a man behind'? Americans should start living by that more. 

The reason I said its the capitalists way is because for one thats the reason people are poor and secondly its because the whole message is that its good to be wealthy, it gives you power and an easy life. 

Criminals aren't nice people however they ARE still human and some much have a better excuse than others especially if they're crime doesn't involve actually hurting someone. 

TL;DR

vatos do the sh*t they need to do.. whatever it takes... to survive.. they aint no mindless killing criminal machines... i know lots of gang members in real life and they aint that... f

they survive.... had a hard life growin up and cant get a job... didnt do good in high school.. thats what people dont realise.. not all criminals are like some mental hospital type sh*t criminals... they are survivors

Matt21
  • Matt21

Gimme your wallet

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:26 AM

then why you playing games created by white people? gtfo

kb8618
  • kb8618

"I'll swing by and sign the contracts, alright? Just ig

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:56 AM

Yea I remember this happening at the release of gta4 over in Ireland here,pathetic,but a good heads up for people who haven't queued before

probably a lot less likely to occur outside of the USA but i'm sure every country will have someone get jacked for their game.

trevorthebadass
  • trevorthebadass

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:05 AM

I have my carry permit & will be packing at the midnight launch, so I hope SOMEONE tries to rob me.....

Lol FIXED

will_owen
  • will_owen

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:06 AM

vatos do the sh*t they need to do.. whatever it takes... to survive.. they aint no mindless killing criminal machines... i know lots of gang members in real life and they aint that... f

they survive.... had a hard life growin up and cant get a job... didnt do good in high school.. thats what people dont realise.. not all criminals are like some mental hospital type sh*t criminals... they are survivors

Exactly and thats the problem with most conservatives, their economic and social policies make life the survival of the fittest and then they wonder why people in poverty turn to crime. 

mrrightt
  • mrrightt

Brown Republican

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:09 AM

Exactly and thats the problem with most conservatives, their economic and social policies make life the survival of the fittest and then they wonder why people in poverty turn to crime. 

but I aint saying sh*t.. if there some paper to be made.. sh*t im down.. any vato do something for some money straight up

maddhatter501
  • maddhatter501

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:13 AM

Wise words man, something I been aware of/ will be watching my back, just incase. stay safe out there man.

FruitLoop
  • FruitLoop

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:16 AM

Fed

gta513
  • gta513

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:33 AM

Im goin to bengals vs steelers game and it wont end til 1230 so ima just pick my game up early on the 17th, but yea where my local gamestop is located with the number of people that reserved it i wouldn be suprised if somebody got jacked

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:41 AM Edited by AtomicPunk, 14 September 2013 - 01:42 AM.

I hate to even get in this convo, but to Will_Owen, who said that poor neighborhoods have high crime; You're wrong. The poorest neighborhoods in the appalachias have little to no crime. Try again. These cops deal with it everyday. They know what they're talkin about. As soon as they arrest one, three more are lined up and ready to go. Just look at Detroit, look at Philly, look at Chicago. I've been to all these places more than once and can tell you first hand that there's something wrong and it's not poverty. 

As far as protecting yourself, some of you may wanna wait til Tuesday morning. This is just reality. I'm not trying to hate on anybody because I have an open-heart policy on all humans which is: As long as you act right, and have a heart, dignity, respect, you're OK with me.

Rock Howard
  • Rock Howard

Some Aussie Dude.

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:46 AM

Most of the time, midnight launches have security patrols anyway.

Senor Salami
  • Senor Salami

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:56 AM

Sad, but true. Good advice Officer Todmcfly.

vriverajr3
  • vriverajr3

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:57 AM

its sad that theres assholes like that in the the world. i think ill be good though. im 6'1, ripped, and have a black belt in both jiu jitsu and muay thai. im not bragging, i just know im easily capable of defending myself. hopefully everyone has a safe midnight release

bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:59 AM

I'm not trying to hate on anybody because I have an open-heart policy on all humans which is: As long as you act right, and have a heart, dignity, respect, you're OK with me.

Like hell you are. You guys have got to be the biggest bullies I've ever seen.

All of you guys are smartasses as well.

I can't stand police...you guys are just as bad as the criminals you arrest.

yakprince
  • yakprince

Doughboy

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:01 AM

ccw ftw

Moriarty1
  • Moriarty1

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:04 AM

This is one of the few times I like that I live in Utah. Most of the local gang types are the wannabes who talk though but would sh*t their pants if they ever met one from L.A. Besides, I've got thsi nice leather coat, and I just need to finish off the hole in one pocket (made by too much change pressed down by a 1-liter) and then I can just slip it into the coat once I get it. Kinda hard to steal a copy when you don't know WHERE on a person it is.... :D

But I don't expect there to be any trouble. In fact, with how incredibly NOT busy the cops in my town are, I expect to see about four squad cars sitting around the Mall (where my GameStop is) to keep an eye on things. The main thing cops here deal with are domestic disputes and drug busts. Oh, and pulling people over for stupid things like not walking backward when the hand starts flashing before they're halfway across an icy road in the middle of winter.... (yes, that happened to me. Sorry to the Cali cop, but your Utah brethren are morons).

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:05 AM

Just bring your own gun. If someone sticks you up at gunpoint all you have to do is show them you have your own and they will run in fear. I guarantee it. better yet if you can pull your own piece and have them empty their pockets lol

Jameson312
  • Jameson312

Founder and Lead Curler: LS Curling Association

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:07 AM

but I aint saying sh*t.. if there some paper to be made.. sh*t im down.. any vato do something for some money straight up

bruh if you include the word "vato" in another one of your posts ima find you, and pistol whip you.

also, it's a f*cking gamestop midnight release. unless you are from the f*cking ghetto, i don't think you need to worry about it @ people talking about going there armed.

• nitr0monkey likes this

Jameson312
  • Jameson312

Founder and Lead Curler: LS Curling Association

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:12 AM Edited by Jameson312, 14 September 2013 - 02:14 AM.

As a matter of fact, WTF is up with this thread to begin with?

"Warning, Dangers of midnight release"

Who the f*ck are you trying to be exactly? The god damn protector of gta forums? You might as well warn everybody about everything. WTF is wrong with your world perspective?

You ain't protecting sh*t bro. The world would be better off if people fended for themselves, and didn't have assholes like you blindly enforcing dictated laws.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users