Photo

Warning, Dangers of midnight release

173 replies to this topic
Justin80
  • Justin80

Genius

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:51 PM

Yep I'm bringing my knife. Gonna slice a motherf*cker who tries to jack my sh*t.

• beastjeffrey likes this

BettyBlueGT
  • BettyBlueGT

Thug

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:53 PM

Thats why when the guy asked me if I was coming to midnight release I said "No I'll be coming to get my copy during normal business hours.." aka DAYLIGHT.

will_owen
  • will_owen

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:53 PM

To the people talking about going to the midnight release armed, what would you do if someone tried robbing you then shoot them? You cant even use the excuse that it would deter them if they saw you with one cause your on about taking a concealed one. Also why do you think someone would try rob you or anyone? Either because A) They are poor and don't have the money to buy it themselves or B) to sell it on to get money. Why do people do such things for money? Its the capitalists way. Im not even going to get into a debate about 'merica's gun laws and I'm sorry to get political but just think about it. 

Clay33
  • Clay33

Prankster

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:54 PM

Pff, a mate got his GTA IV stolen on the midnight release. He went straight in for another copy because he couldnt wait.. got stolen by some other dude too.

tumblr_m5f8lsYMYV1qedb29o1_500.gif

Todmcfly
  • Todmcfly

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:56 PM

Out here in the civilized world (Northern Europe) I doubt there's any way you would get robbed at a midnight launch even if you tried.

Indeed. The worst that could happen here (UK) is that someone pushes infront of someone else in the queue, but seen as how seriously we take queing over here, that person would quickly be put in their place with some nasty glances and comments mumbled quitley under peoples breath.

Have fun running the gauntlet 'Muricans.

It really is another world out here in the good old USA.... There is a college in our town and there were 3 students from London walking down what they thought was a nice street. Well with in minutes, 3 shaved head gangsters roll up an Rob them at gun point.

While I was taking the report they were so amazed at America's gun culture, I had to inform them that sadly this is a typical event (at least in the city I was working in). Welcome to violent America be careful walking down the street

DeadZombie
  • DeadZombie

Sons Of Ditka - Leader

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:56 PM

To the people talking about going to the midnight release armed, what would you do if someone tried robbing you then shoot them? You cant even use the excuse that it would deter them if they saw you with one cause your on about taking a concealed one. Also why do you think someone would try rob you or anyone? Either because A) They are poor and don't have the money to buy it themselves or B) to sell it on to get money. Why do people do such things for money? Its the capitalists way. Im not even going to get into a debate about 'merica's gun laws and I'm sorry to get political but just think about it.

f*ck that man. You paid that with your hard earned money. And your gonna let some bum take it from you because what? Sympathy? Your allowing him to be weak enough to not get a job and break the law. Good role modeling.

Point a loaded gun changes my attitude on things if you ask me haha.

Todmcfly
  • Todmcfly

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:00 PM

You have a point can't really kill someone for simply attempting to take your game, unless a weapon is involved and you are in fear for your safety......

Also you need a dose of reality, people simply don't commit crime cause there poor and want money, the people that are committing these crimes are not humans, they have no moral compas and they take whattheywant from who they want.... To have the attitude of ohhhhh these poor people they just want money is bull sh*t. There criminals and make victims out of people simply cause they feel like it

Fiddyy
  • Fiddyy

Player Hater

• Members

Going to open-carry my Norrinco M1911

GTA5isntAMYTH
  • GTA5isntAMYTH

Prankster

• Members

i got a ccl, but we have no problems and theres always a cop around the big midnight launches. usually in the parking lot,  my friend is coming with me, and there shouldnt be any problems its in a good area. 

Poker2012chu
  • Poker2012chu

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:01 PM Edited by Poker2012chu, 13 September 2013 - 10:01 PM.

People with standard editions won't really have to worry about getting robbed if you ask me. Some gamestops are going to have over 1000 lined up (with cops) for launch; it's gonna be hard to rob someone in that kind of crowd without getting caught. People are worrying to much about "what-if's" here on this forum.

Todmcfly
  • Todmcfly

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:04 PM

People with standard editions won't really have to worry about getting robbed if you ask me. Some gamestops are going to have over 1000 lined up (with cops) for launch; it's gonna be hard to rob someone in that kind of crowd without getting caught. People are worrying to much about "what-if's" here on this forum.

it's good to have at least a basic plan or idea if something like this happens to you.....to many times have I taken reports from people who never thought a violent crime would happen to them..... Better to at least be mentally prepared then to walk around life thinking nothing bad could ever happen to you

MrDick
  • MrDick

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:07 PM

I'm a cop too.  As long as your Gamestop is not in a (you know who) neighborhood you'll be ok.

Oh you mean the trailer park where your mother lives intimately with her brother?

Right, they don't have Gamestops.. but she could probably her home there.

Black people will never run the world

misterjackyboi
  • misterjackyboi

jacky boi

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:07 PM

My game is just over the road from a taxi rank so as soon as i get the game im out of there lol .

Maglev
  • Maglev

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:12 PM

What country's do you people live in that you need knife's and weapons to feel safe and you have a chance to get robbed at gunpoint for a f*cking game.

Crazy.

Poker2012chu
  • Poker2012chu

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:14 PM

it's good to have at least a basic plan or idea if something like this happens to you.....to many times have I taken reports from people who never thought a violent crime would happen to them..... Better to at least be mentally prepared then to walk around life thinking nothing bad could ever happen to you

Of course, better to be safe than sorry. I just don't think we need to fret over an unlikely event either. I've been to midnight launches for large titles before, and I've never heard of, much less seen, anything bad happening. There are always cops nearby too. My game plan is to get the game and get out asap. This is in a rural college town in a state with extremely liberal gun and CCW laws, and the people that would need to worry the most are:

1) people with collector or special editions

2) the last ones who will be in an abandoned parking lot at 12:25 am.

Most Gamestops will have triple, if not quadruple, digits lining up. Almost everyone there has 2 goals: get the game and get out.

TheIllaDopest
  • TheIllaDopest

The Bluntmaster Messiah

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:16 PM

Know exactly what you mean, i will be armed as well :)

Killzone VII
  • Killzone VII

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:18 PM

I'm a cop too.  As long as your Gamestop is not in a (you know who) neighborhood you'll be ok.  

Whoa what are you trying to say? That only black people steal sh*t? Yeah that's not racist at all...

SIG SAUER
  • SIG SAUER

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:21 PM

I would not worry much but I do bet something will go down at one of the gamestops like a fight or something. The town my gamestop is in has over 700 pre orders and that was over a month ago don't know what it's up to now and I talked to the police and told them about it they thanked me and told me they would be assigning a unmarked officer to the store

Mexican_Mafia
  • Mexican_Mafia

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:24 PM

I'm assuming due to the popularity of this game that the midnight release crowds will get rather large.

I have been a law enforcement officer (on patrol for 7 years now) and have personally taken robbery reports from people who have been robbed (at gun point) while waiting in line.

So just a friendly reminder to everyone, be aware of your surroundings when in line. I personally have the night off so I will be armed in the line while waiting (think free security). I may be a 30 year old adult but I've been playing gta since I was a kid! Random topic I know but I think it is more relevant than most the other topics right now. Don't get robbed in real life, save that for Los Santos, see ya guys online.

what part of california do you stay at?

orbitalraindrops
  • orbitalraindrops

fa$$ot

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:53 PM

Armed to buy GTA. Lol even if someone robbed me there life is worth more than a new release game and my pride. The Gun Culture in America is f*cking nuts.

• will_owen likes this

Whiskey Ninja
  • Whiskey Ninja

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:58 PM

Pff, a mate got his GTA IV stolen on the midnight release. He went straight in for another copy because he couldnt wait.. got stolen by some other dude too.

Ahaha sorry but he sounds like a bitch. f*ck his life

mrrightt
  • mrrightt

Brown Republican

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:01 PM

all the vatos get sh*t jacked where im going lol..

• Getzmunney likes this

atix
  • atix

Peon

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:06 PM

Whoa what are you trying to say? That only black people steal sh*t? Yeah that's not racist at all...

The beauty of the internet...he could be meaning ANYTHING. YOU were the one that said black ppl....lol.

• Whiskey Ninja likes this

Mr.Pesci
  • Mr.Pesci

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:15 PM

Ya ill be armed in line... Ah f*ck i live in canada. Nvm

GTAxYushix
  • GTAxYushix

Leave me alone.

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:24 PM

Getting it delivered to my door.

CoolGam3r
  • CoolGam3r

Jive Turkey

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:33 PM

There is always a cop at gamestop midnight releases where I live. I don't think people would be stupid enough to try something while he is there. But I remember hearing about this guy getting shot in Seattle over the last PS3 when they were released. Freaking crazy, I miss Seattle though :(   but not the rough areas lol.

Elemental716
  • Elemental716

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:34 PM

OP is just saying this so that the lines are shorter so he can get the game faster lol

pariah87
  • pariah87

Chosen one

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:36 PM

I live in a small sized town, so not a lot of blacks aka not a lot of robberies.

Jew Rosenberg
  • Jew Rosenberg

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:37 PM

What country's do you people live in that you need knife's and weapons to feel safe and you have a chance to get robbed at gunpoint for a f*cking game.

Crazy.

the USA sir, my gamestop is surrounded by big housing projects, a place where a cop killed a black kid and there were riots, its a place if you dont live there then you dont go in there, im for sure bringing my knife, i look very young for 22 so i dont want hoodlum getting any ideas.

UltimateVenom
  • UltimateVenom

We are Vemon!

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:39 PM

I'm assuming I'll be pretty safe, store is in a upper class neighborhood with a police station literally 100ms away, not to mention this is Australia, so I'm more likely to be attacked by a dropbear.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users