Photo

Warning, Dangers of midnight release

173 replies to this topic
stangone50
  • stangone50

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:09 PM

My preorder is at a Gamestop inside a Shopping Centre (Which will probably be closed at that time) so I will not be on Midnight release.

Thanks for the reminder though :^:

My store was the same but you can have it switched to another local store if you have one .

_KC
  • _KC

A Buck 30 on Black Ice The Fast Life

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:09 PM

I'm a cop too.  As long as your Gamestop is not in a (you know who) neighborhood you'll be ok.

Oh you mean the trailer park where your mother lives intimately with her brother?

Right, they don't have Gamestops.. but she could probably her home there.

M0B5TA
  • M0B5TA

#swag yolo lolz

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:11 PM

im a pretty big niigga lmao I don't think anyone would mess with me

• swagbucks likes this

ClaudeSpeed420
  • ClaudeSpeed420

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:12 PM

LOL...only in 'murica. Europe ftw!

• Rocknroll85 likes this

Poker2012chu
  • Poker2012chu

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:12 PM

Pff, a mate got his GTA IV stolen on the midnight release. He went straight in for another copy because he couldnt wait.. got stolen by some other dude too.

I highly doubt the average person who's simply getting standard edition should worry about getting robbed. Yes, everyone, especially people with collector or special edition, should be aware of their surroundings. However, there will be many people at GS, and people would notice someone with a gun 3 people ahead of them pointing it at someone in line. I've been to the COD releases (with comparable crowdes to what the GTA V midnight launch will look like), and nothing ever happened.

I'd be more worried about getting rear-ended at a high speed at a red light or something going home from getting the game than people robbing me. Traffic going back will be more dangerous because people will want to rush home, so watch out!

Rocknroll85
  • Rocknroll85

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:14 PM

they have to kill me twice to get the game from me. i seriously cut their throats with the disc if some
  • Lisha, nitr0monkey and beastjeffrey like this

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:17 PM

I know you are wishing to, but nobody will want to rape you... so this thread is pointless, sorry.

RX2000
  • RX2000

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:17 PM

I have my carry permit & will be packing at the midnight launch, so I hope no one tries to rob me.....

• trevorthebadass likes this

gtafan26
  • gtafan26

LSPD wannabe

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:18 PM Edited by gtafan26, 13 September 2013 - 09:20 PM.

If your a good cop who really knows how the world is, then you'd encourage people to do like me; To carry a .45 LEGALLY with a concealed weapons permit.

I'm all for concealed weapon permits, but sadly in the county I'm in( in California) they are rather hard to get.....

Kind of nice to living in Arizona, open carry law,  we still have the CCW laws, but Arizona changed it a few years back, and no longer requires CCW permit to carry a conceald gun,  yes, its double egde sword, but the bad guys have been concealing their fire arms without a CCW permit.

swagbucks
  • swagbucks

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:20 PM

will be safe and sound in my hood with real gang bangers and thugs. the game will arrive at my door by the delivary guy. so yea f*ck that midnight release bull sh*t.  :miranda:

gulsh
  • gulsh

cat

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:20 PM

this is why i love living in canada 

Punple
  • Punple

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:21 PM

Out here in the civilized world (Northern Europe) I doubt there's any way you would get robbed at a midnight launch even if you tried.

Baineblade
  • Baineblade

Tac. Ops.

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:21 PM Edited by Baineblade, 13 September 2013 - 09:23 PM.

Living as I do in south east Arizona, I'm open carrying my old Nagant M1895.  Perfectly fine for defense purposes.

elephant punch
  • elephant punch

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:23 PM

Im having my wife pick it up and install it for me that way I can go home on my lunch break and play it for 40 minutes. im so pumped. 

PlasmicSnake
  • PlasmicSnake

Negative Astro Creep

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:24 PM

Ive got guns and a sweet taser flashlight, id rather tase someone than shoot them, than Id have to spend all night talking to police insted of playing my game.

Feurian42
  • Feurian42

GTA WORLD POLICE

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:25 PM

I'm assuming due to the popularity of this game that the midnight release crowds will get rather large.

I have been a law enforcement officer (on patrol for 7 years now) and have personally taken robbery reports from people who have been robbed (at gun point) while waiting in line.

So just a friendly reminder to everyone, be aware of your surroundings when in line. I personally have the night off so I will be armed in the line while waiting (think free security). I may be a 30 year old adult but I've been playing gta since I was a kid! Random topic I know but I think it is more relevant than most the other topics right now. Don't get robbed in real life, save that for Los Santos, see ya guys online.

Being an Officer of the Law,what is your opinion on open carry rights in America?

Afly94
  • Afly94

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:26 PM

Thanks for the tip man! 

TiggerThaWigger
  • TiggerThaWigger

Heisenberg

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:28 PM

Thats why I carry and won't hesitate to blow their head off.  Plus I will be with a couple of other people and im 6'4 210lb. Probably won't happen but I wish someone would. I have alot of anger i would like to let out.

theiceman13
  • theiceman13

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:28 PM

I know some old man aged 75 who was walking home after buying Mass Effect as a birthday present for his grandson unaware that some kids were following him,  some kids passed him and then of the little f*ckers sliced him on the back of the neck with a stanly knife why the other whacked him hard across the legs with a iron bar.

As he was on the floor, the group of kids sliced his tendons and his backside before escaping with the copy of mass effect, the oldman sh*t and pissed himself out of pure fear,

These thugs were targeting mass effect gamers, these thugs were only 8 to 13 years old...horrible world we live in

MrDick
  • MrDick

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:29 PM

whachu look like? a negga need to know who to run from.

Hhaha well I look like almost every cop out here in California, White, 6-2 with a shaved head. But don't worry I won't chase you I want my copy of gta too badly.

White power 

Afly94
  • Afly94

Mark Chump

• Members

I'm a cop too.  As long as your Gamestop is not in a (you know who) neighborhood you'll be ok.  

There's a gamestop based  out in Compton right in the middle of a crip neighborhood I'm sure it'll be safe during midnight release of GTA V lol 

Johan
  • Johan

Days since avatar changed: 9

• The Yardies
  • United-States

This is the reason I changed my mind about ordering it a few blocks away in my local Gamestop, here in the Bronx in New York it can get a little intense after midnight, especially if they see a dude carrying a huge bag that says GTA V Collectors Edition

Costar
  • Costar

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:31 PM

What probably seems more worrisome are all the ppl in here who are planning to go to the stores armed... Wouldnt it be a good idea for these locations to have officers present, especially at night?!   I know, it would, just not financially or practically.

Anthonymrb
  • Anthonymrb

Collectors Edition

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:33 PM

Im in San Francisco, California and it can be a bit sketch in certain places here at night. I plan to arrive early so I can park RIGHT INFRONT :)

Drakeulah
  • Drakeulah

African American gang member

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:34 PM

GTA is safe. Jordans brings the goons out

The Lebrons do to.  Dude tried to rob people in line and they wasn't havin it.  Shot him down quick. LOL

El Tel
  • El Tel

It's just a ride.

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:34 PM

Out here in the civilized world (Northern Europe) I doubt there's any way you would get robbed at a midnight launch even if you tried.

Indeed. The worst that could happen here (UK) is that someone pushes infront of someone else in the queue, but seen as how seriously we take queing over here, that person would quickly be put in their place with some nasty glances and comments mumbled quitley under peoples breath.

Have fun running the gauntlet 'Muricans.

MagicNarcosis
  • MagicNarcosis

The Original.

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:38 PM

If you live in South LA and you're going to the Crenshaw Mall for the midnight release, keep ya' eyes open. They might try you on this go-round.

Creyes One
  • Creyes One

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:45 PM

Not going to bother with a midnight release for this game....let amazon deliver it safely to my door.

DeadZombie
  • DeadZombie

Sons Of Ditka - Leader

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:47 PM

If your a good cop who really knows how the world is, then you'd encourage people to do like me; To carry a .45 LEGALLY with a concealed weapons permit.

I'm all for concealed weapon permits, but sadly in the county I'm in( in California) they are rather hard to get.....

I'm in Arizona so if someone trys to rob anyone here they can blow thier head off. Legally! And my hometown Chicago just passed for the law so I hope gang bangers get shot in the face while trying to drive by grandma with a 45.

wtf4ndang0
  • wtf4ndang0

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:49 PM

I guess I'm kinda paranoid so I'm always paying attention in public just for reasons like this. Man I gotta hurry up and get my CHL.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users