Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:21 PM

So I was watching a video regarding GTA 5, and they happened to show a place called North Yankton. At frat, I thought it was a sort of misspelling of North Yank, which has been confirmed from the map. However, from the video, North Yankton seemed very, very, very snowy. I'm nit sure how much snow SoCal gets, but I can imagine if wouldn'tbe anywhere near North Yanktons level.

Thus, that leaves the question - what do you guys think North Yankton is? Is it part of San Andreas, or a whole nother state?

theworldfamous
  • theworldfamous

all your game are belong to I

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:22 PM

it's a whole other state. 

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:25 PM

I was thinking about that. Wonder which one it replaces in the gta universe though. Probably North Dakota?

theworldfamous
  • theworldfamous

all your game are belong to I

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:27 PM

I can say but that would be spoiling

TenEightyOne
  • TenEightyOne

We're bouncing now?

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:29 PM

Where's Jamestown in real life? It's the most obvious place to be "Yanktown" (from a Brit's perspective at least).

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:29 PM Edited by universetwisters, 13 September 2013 - 08:33 PM.

I can say but that would be spoiling

Shoot me a PM. I ain't got no problem with where North Yankton is :D

@teneightyone - Jamestown is in Virginia. Problem is, Jamestown has a sh*tton o forests, while North Yankton has a lot of plains, kinda like a Midwest/northwest state. I get the logic, though, yankton = Jamestown

fakekn8
  • fakekn8

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:28 AM

I just want to point out there actually is a Jamestown, ND, with a population of 15k or so, There also is funny enough a small town/village called Ludden 60 miles south east of Jamestown.

2491cc
  • 2491cc

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:07 AM

a whole nother

Learn to English.

tommzy2
  • tommzy2

Prankster

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:12 AM

i thought north yankton was somewhere in canada?

• the_warbsta likes this

GuantanamoObama
  • GuantanamoObama

That is to say, Cunnilingus

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:23 AM

North Yankton is based on North Dakota. 

Fisha695
  • Fisha695

Peon

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:48 AM

Where's Jamestown in real life? It's the most obvious place to be "Yanktown" (from a Brit's perspective at least).

There is a Jamestown on the north end of my town, it's kind of like the poor hick ghetto area (with the poor drug infest ghetto area being the little town/neighborhood on the east end of my town & the rich area being on the south end & then farms being on the west end, with all of us regular folk stuck in the actual main town area in the middle haha)

i thought north yankton was somewhere in canada?

North Yankton itself is in the USA, however it is on the border with Canada and criminals often go to Canada to commit crimes as well as doing them in North Yankton.

ERIK5027
  • ERIK5027

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:51 AM

Canada!!!

GuantanamoObama
  • GuantanamoObama

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:17 AM

Canada!!!

No, it isn't in Canada. 

Peregrin Brandytook
  • Peregrin Brandytook

One Ring to rule them all.

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:21 AM Edited by gtafan899, 26 September 2013 - 09:22 AM.

a whole nother

Learn to English.

the same could be said for you.

Fledermausmaster
  • Fledermausmaster

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:24 AM

It's based on North or South Dakota

The thing is the name Ludendorf. Lude is an old german word for Pimp and Dorf is the german word for Village. So Ludendorf means Pimpvillage or Village of Pimps.

GuantanamoObama
  • GuantanamoObama

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:27 AM Edited by WhiteAmericanLawman, 26 September 2013 - 09:28 AM.

a whole nother

Learn to English.

Ha, are you sincerely that oblivious?

Fail_At_GTA
  • Fail_At_GTA

Actually awesome at GTA

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:27 AM

a whole nother

Learn to English.

QGN76xa.png

• brian. likes this

brian.
  • brian.

Possible Descendant Of Kraff

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:31 AM Edited by brian., 26 September 2013 - 09:32 AM.

So I was watching a video regarding GTA 5, and they happened to show a place called North Yankton. At frat, I thought it was a sort of misspelling of North Yank, which has been confirmed from the map. However, from the video, North Yankton seemed very, very, very snowy. I'm nit sure how much snow SoCal gets, but I can imagine if wouldn'tbe anywhere near North Yanktons level.

Thus, that leaves the question - what do you guys think North Yankton is? Is it part of San Andreas, or a whole nother state?

Watch North Yankton be LC's NY State.

I don't know. To me, it was Nipton, if you google nipton snow and look at the pictures, there is a road EXACTLY like the postcard.

But then, if it were so close, Michael wouldn't move there for the weather...

So it's not there.

Could be Canadia some think. 

Could be North Dakota.

Of course, upstate NY looks like that when it's blizzard time.

And Lester does mention a guy in LC who went quiet, maybe that's where he and michael come from.

No one is sure yet, really. Good opportunity to mail rockstar

"please shed some light on North Yankton's inspiration"

At the very least we should get told to stay tuned, hinting at something new that will clear it up for us :p

GuantanamoObama
  • GuantanamoObama

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:47 AM Edited by WhiteAmericanLawman, 26 September 2013 - 10:48 AM.

Watch North Yankton be LC's NY State.

I don't know. To me, it was Nipton, if you google nipton snow and look at the pictures, there is a road EXACTLY like the postcard.

But then, if it were so close, Michael wouldn't move there for the weather...

So it's not there.

Could be Canadia some think. 

Could be North Dakota.

Of course, upstate NY looks like that when it's blizzard time.

And Lester does mention a guy in LC who went quiet, maybe that's where he and michael come from.

No one is sure yet, really. Good opportunity to mail rockstar

"please shed some light on North Yankton's inspiration"

At the very least we should get told to stay tuned, hinting at something new that will clear it up for us :p

I have read that the police uniforms are based on some North Dakota departments. It's pretty conclusive that it's based on North Dakota, and we already know that Liberty itself is a state. 

How could you not have got that Lester was referring to Niko Bellic? He specified that he was an Eastern European 'making moves' in Liberty City. How could he have been any clearer without saying his name directly? 

Canoxa
  • Canoxa

Woosh.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:01 AM

It's based on North or South Dakota

The thing is the name Ludendorf. Lude is an old german word for Pimp and Dorf is the german word for Village. So Ludendorf means Pimpvillage or Village of Pimps.

Ha, classic Rockstar humour. Nice.

Fowl
  • Fowl

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:02 AM Edited by Fowl, 26 September 2013 - 11:05 AM.

Its North Dakota.

http://gta.wikia.com/North_Yankton

North Yankton is a fictional state featured in the Grand Theft Auto V missions "Prologue" and "Bury the Hatchet". The state is based on North Dakota.

Fisha695
  • Fisha695

Peon

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:20 PM

Its North Dakota.

North Yankton is a fictional state featured in the Grand Theft Auto V missions "Prologue" and "Bury the Hatchet". The state is based on North Dakota.

You do realize that a Wiki can be made to say anything people want it to say, right? Like I could go there and edit that so it says North Yankton is based on Zimbabwe and you would've posted that same exact quote as proof that it's in Zimbabwe.

Personally I think North Yankton being the "Beaver State" is an homage to Wisconsin being the "Badger State".

Patrick McReary
  • Patrick McReary

Trick

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:21 PM Edited by Patrick McReary, 26 September 2013 - 06:23 PM.

You can tell simply by looking at the North Yankton State Police cars, which have the same exact design as North Dakota State Police cars.

400px-Northyanktonstatepatrolsuv.jpg

tumblr_m9opz6AuBW1rqvefao1_500.jpg

North Yankton = North Dakota.

Case closed.

UrbanTheEmcee
  • UrbanTheEmcee

I'm that bada** n*gga yo moms warned you about.

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:28 PM Edited by UrbanTheEmcee, 26 September 2013 - 06:28 PM.

Does anybody here listen to the dialogue, radio, etc...

They clearly state that North Yankton is in the Midwest on multiple occasions, and yes it is most likely North Dakota.

JohnGazman
  • JohnGazman

"Jesus Christ Lamar, you gotta stop talkin'!"

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:30 PM

I was thinking about that. Wonder which one it replaces in the gta universe though. Probably North Dakota?

From in-game conversations, it sounds like North Yankton is somewhere along the Canadian border

Fowl
  • Fowl

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:47 PM

Its North Dakota.

You do realize that a Wiki can be made to say anything people want it to say, right? Like I could go there and edit that so it says North Yankton is based on Zimbabwe and you would've posted that same exact quote as proof that it's in Zimbabwe.

Personally I think North Yankton being the "Beaver State" is an homage to Wisconsin being the "Badger State".

Oh shut the f*ck up. Nobody has time to go on a Wikipedia page and put random sh*t anyways. Snowy place, with North in the front of the name, mid-west, Yankton is a real place in South Dakota, Need more proof?

Fisha695
  • Fisha695

Peon

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:28 PM

Its North Dakota.

Oh shut the f*ck up. Nobody has time to go on a Wikipedia page and put random sh*t anyways. Snowy place, with North in the front of the name, mid-west, Yankton is a real place in South Dakota, Need more proof?

You must not spend much time on Wiki sites because people spend time to put random sh*t on their all the time.

Yankton is a real place in South Dakota, yes but it is also a real place in Oregon which is actually the Beaver State. Hell the Oregon state flag actually has a Beaver on it.

Nathaaann
  • Nathaaann

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:31 PM

Apparently North Yankton is in Canada or somewhere relatively close to there.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:33 PM

Canada!!!

No its not, its based on North Dakota.

Mikeol2014
  • Mikeol2014

Flyboy

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:55 PM

Actually I'm sure its canada. In fact both michael and trevor I think are also canadian, along with amanda. In a mission during a drive from a to b someone slags off Canadians and Trevor says something along the lines of now you're really making me angry.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users