Photo

The map size...this should clear up everything

44 replies to this topic
o Lewie Vee o
  • o Lewie Vee o

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:09 PM

If you on YouTube search for RareGamesHD. His video flying the shamal. He takes off from lax and from being airborne it takes him just over a minute to cross Los Santos he doesn't even make it to the Vinewood sign. So imagine how long itwilltake to fly from lax to mt.chilliad

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:11 PM

5 minutes from North to South.

Thebootydisorientsme
  • Thebootydisorientsme

crackhead

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:11 PM

I can't find his channel. Link?

Distrom
  • Distrom

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:12 PM Edited by Distrom, 13 September 2013 - 08:13 PM.

5 minutes from North to South.

Really? that's a lot (on a plane of course)

http://www.youtube.c...ser/RareGamesHD

Afly94
  • Afly94

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:18 PM

HOLY sh*t!

Thebootydisorientsme
  • Thebootydisorientsme

crackhead

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:18 PM

Just watched the video. Look at the very end, right before he clips his wing on that tower, look at the top of screen. There is a helicopter flying in the distance, and the movement is lagged and jaggy as f*ck, I couldn't tell if it was a mosquito or a heli for the first few seconds. Cancelling pre-order, smh rockstar another sh*t game...

• Udrift likes this

o Lewie Vee o
  • o Lewie Vee o

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:19 PM

Yeah it's f*cking huge...does anyone know how long to drive from South to North?

DwightSchrute
  • DwightSchrute

Whaaaaaa?

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:19 PM

Just watched the video. Look at the very end, right before he clips his wing on that tower, look at the top of screen. There is a helicopter flying in the distance, and the movement is lagged and jaggy as f*ck, I couldn't tell if it was a mosquito or a heli for the first few seconds. Cancelling pre-order, smh rockstar another sh*t game...

u seriously cancelling? 

ralf_s
  • ralf_s

Thug

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:22 PM

Watching it back the chopper does move strangely... but it's not a deal-breaker is it?

GTAVTheHeat
  • GTAVTheHeat

I can't picture life without a point of view..

• Members

I think the plane goes faster when you put the landing gear up

o Lewie Vee o
  • o Lewie Vee o

Player Hater

• Members

Look at how big the game is, how much detail there is. You're bound to see glitches etc they're not perfect so quit moaning about cancelling your pre order when we all know that you'll still buy & you'll be cumming in your pants like everyone else. If not then you make a game that offers all this without glitches & I'm sure that we'll all start buying your game not Rockstars you ungreatful slag!

Jew Rosenberg
  • Jew Rosenberg

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:23 PM

u seriously cancelling? 

double trolls, niceeee

MovieGuy786
  • MovieGuy786

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:24 PM

u seriously cancelling? 

Another Neck Beard cry baby.

S-T-F-U
  • S-T-F-U

Rockstar Employee

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:24 PM Edited by S-T-F-U, 13 September 2013 - 08:25 PM.

Good you f*cking nipple head, glad I don't have to see you on gta online. Might find you standing in a corner combing your pubes.

• itsnirishthing likes this

theworldfamous
  • theworldfamous

all your game are belong to I

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:25 PM

I just watched a dude fly around a bit and drive to LS.. and the map is vast. I thought it was a bit small judging from the map leak, but that map is deceptive. The world has a realistic scale, the mountains are f*cking humongous. 

GTAVTheHeat
  • GTAVTheHeat

I can't picture life without a point of view..

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:26 PM

Watching it back the chopper does move strangely... but it's not a deal-breaker is it?

Day one patches do exist for a reason. I noticed it as well but be calm the game isn't out yet

Cyper
  • Cyper

Liberty City Lover Since 2001

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:27 PM Edited by Cyper, 13 September 2013 - 08:28 PM.

Well, the environment tends to be bigger than it seems on the map.

I got my pre-ordered copy of ARMA 3 today. I looked at the map of Altis. It did look incredibly huge, but when I actually used a helicopter flying over Island....I realized that it was bigger than I could comprehend just by looking at the map. Obviously, the map in GTA V can't be compared to Altis, but I think it's an important point to make. It's not when you're actually in the sky, or even better, on the roads when you realize the actual size. What we saw in that gameplay video was only the city - and the city is very small compared to the rest of the map.

Inzane-empire321
  • Inzane-empire321

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:27 PM

What a little bitch. our moaning about the quality? just get out. in fact get off the GTAV section. go and bitch and moan elsewhere

BorgX666
  • BorgX666

Her ^ Resistance Is Futile

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:29 PM

If you on YouTube search for RareGamesHD. His video flying the shamal. He takes off from lax and from being airborne it takes him just over a minute to cross Los Santos he doesn't even make it to the Vinewood sign. So imagine how long itwilltake to fly from lax to mt.chilliad

so what you saying...the map is has big as R* is saying?? sorry but im not watching any leaked game videos, dont wanna ruin the game before its even been released!

o Lewie Vee o
  • o Lewie Vee o

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:29 PM

Look at how big the game is, how much detail there is. You're bound to see glitches etc they're not perfect so quit moaning about cancelling your pre order when we all know that you'll still buy & you'll be cumming in your pants like everyone else. If not then you make a game that offers all this without glitches & I'm sure that we'll all start buying your game not Rockstars you ungreatful slag! 

•  

NorthofSeattle
  • NorthofSeattle

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:30 PM

On the off chance that you're not a troll, the copter is only doing that because the WHOLE screen is being retarded. It'll be nice and smooth when the game comes out. 

NADOLNY
  • NADOLNY

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:30 PM

huge city

car damage from the other video is awesome

so the kids can stop crying a little

o Lewie Vee o
  • o Lewie Vee o

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:31 PM

so what you saying...the map is has big as R* is saying?? sorry but im not watching any leaked game videos, dont wanna ruin the game before its even been released!

I'm saying it's f*cking huge & there isn't any spoilers amongst the videos. It's just people driving around dicking about.

Udrift
  • Udrift

SA Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:33 PM

Are you serious? That's because who ever filmed it off of a TV was moving the camera around. Look at the beginning and how the wanted stars jump around and in and out of the picture. There was some pop ins though.

FANTOMTRON
  • FANTOMTRON

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:33 PM

worst pilot lol

o Lewie Vee o
  • o Lewie Vee o

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:34 PM

On the off chance that you're not a troll, the copter is only doing that because the WHOLE screen is being retarded. It'll be nice and smooth when the game comes out. 

Ignore him...he'll still buy it on the 17th

ZeeKid2k10
  • ZeeKid2k10

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:40 PM

Is it possible for GTA5 to get 11/10 

itsnirishthing
  • itsnirishthing

Leader of the Irish Hooligans

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:25 PM

I'm so glad people like you are bailing out.  That tiny minuscule detail is enough to send you running...what game could possibly live up to your standards?  Maybe you'll appreciate this game when you hit puberty

Punk Noodles
  • Punk Noodles

Playa

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:33 PM

There's something seriously wrong with that video. Why is everything so shaky? The HUD is flying all over the place. 

Swe78
  • Swe78

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:36 PM

So if Liberty City is 6.5 sq miles how big is Los Santos in this game? Any ideas? 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users