Photo

I'm calling BS on damage videos

37 replies to this topic
JocGTAV
  • JocGTAV

The 1%

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:12 PM

I just watched a video that was just uploaded on instagram. The player was driving a white van at high speeds down a hill and he smashed head on into a patriot really hard. Neither vehicle had even a tiny dent.

Now Im calling bullsh*t in these videos. There is absolutely no way the damage in GTA V is like this. I truly think R* knew it would get out early and made it so some things would only be available after launch. I completely agree with the people on here that say there will be a day one patch.

RisingLegend
  • RisingLegend

Your Neighborhood Wigger

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:12 PM

I just watched a video that was just uploaded on instagram. The player was driving a white van at high speeds down a hill and he smashed head on into a patriot really hard. Neither vehicle had even a tiny dent.

Now Im calling bullsh*t in these videos. There is absolutely no way the damage in GTA V is like this. I truly think R* knew it would get out early and made it so some things would only be available after launch. I completely agree with the people on here that say there will be a day one patch.

You can put armor on your vehicles. . .

Hart
  • Hart

who are you

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:13 PM Edited by Hart, 13 September 2013 - 06:14 PM.

Watch this video: https://www.facebook...&type=2

It will put your mind at ease, shows major damage and deformation.

I don't know where people are getting the idea that the damage model sucks, every video I've seen so far has improved the damage vastly over IV.

JocGTAV
  • JocGTAV

The 1%

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:14 PM

@risinglegend so you telling me the npc in the patriot just happened to armor that thing?

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:15 PM

@risinglegend so you telling me the npc in the patriot just happened to armor that thing?

Look above you :sui:

Stavrosian
  • Stavrosian

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:15 PM

I can't believe people care so much about this. It's f*cking unbelievable.

ladx
  • ladx

Thug

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:16 PM

i noticed only those European stupid ugly cars get armored + they handle like sh*t 

lunishidd
  • lunishidd

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:16 PM

You need more force to damage the cars now, that is the only thing that has changed.

boxmonster
  • boxmonster

Disinformation Agent

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mapping Los Santos]

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:17 PM

All cars have 100% armor, its been confirmed.

lowpayne1911
  • lowpayne1911

Pain in the butt!

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:19 PM

I don't know where people are getting the idea that the damage model sucks, every video I've seen so far has improved the damage vastly over IV.

Great video, thanks for the link.

Many people can rest easy now.

JocGTAV
  • JocGTAV

The 1%

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:20 PM

Thanks bro. Thats exactly what ive been looking for. I dont know what the deal is with the videos on intagram but they all show indestructable cars and its weird

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

And yet......those crying morons will find a way to bitch about it.

suicidehummer
  • suicidehummer

This post will self destruct in 3... 2... 1...

• Members
  • None

Umm, the damage looks awful. It reminds me of Driver San Francisco. Also, when he drives down the stairs, the way the car just floats off them is way arcadey.

He hits a Huntley going like 35 and it just knocks out a headlight...

ladx
  • ladx

Thug

• Members

All cars have 100% armor, its been confirmed.

dont spread lies, its only super cars are armored.

twigs2001
  • twigs2001

Homie

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:21 PM

Only retards believe this armor is the cause of no damage LOL.

Fail_At_GTA
  • Fail_At_GTA

Actually awesome at GTA

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:25 PM

When he hit the other cars, all they did was move slightly and spark.

Technetic
  • Technetic

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:25 PM

That guy started off driving a Aston Martin 

Ended up with a Plymouth Prowler at the end.

WICKED!

carnage.
  • carnage.

What color do you bleed?

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:25 PM Edited by carnage., 13 September 2013 - 06:28 PM.

Yea, that's freaking great man. People just need to play the game themselves. Everyone is trippin' for no reason.

It also seems like the cops are tough now, thank god, now I can have a challenge. 

lolpancakeslol
  • lolpancakeslol

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:26 PM

I've been watching livestreams nonstop for the past 2 days.

There's plenty of car damage. I call bullsh*t on OP.

Cylon
  • Cylon

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:30 PM

The damage is there, but come on. 5 minutes of non stop crashing to make it look like that?

jameznash
  • jameznash

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:31 PM

OK. I have been watching a live stream for about 1 hour this afternoon.

The Damage to vehicles was great.

SUV slid into barrier - the back wheels where bent so it crabbed down the road.

Sports car into side of train - The hole side of the car was caved in - Back wheel was at a 45 degree angle to normal.

Police car - hit back of vehicle - all the lights broke - large dent in left side - damage to bumper.

ALL OF IT AT LOW SPEED - LOOKED AMAZING - DONT PANIC.

Hypertenzion
  • Hypertenzion

Prankster

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:31 PM

Only retards believe this armor is the cause of no damage LOL.

You my man, deserve a :^:

jimmylh
  • jimmylh

not a player hater

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:32 PM Edited by jimmylh, 13 September 2013 - 06:33 PM.

LOL, that Facebook video was funny.

carnage.
  • carnage.

What color do you bleed?

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:35 PM

I can't believe people care so much about this. It's f*cking unbelievable.

LMAO, I know right. It's so dumb. The damage is obviously there. People just want the cars to crumple to a pile of nothing in 1 wreck.

Boxman108
  • Boxman108

Thug

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:35 PM

Umm, the damage looks awful. It reminds me of Driver San Francisco. Also, when he drives down the stairs, the way the car just floats off them is way arcadey.

He hits a Huntley going like 35 and it just knocks out a headlight...

Yeah, it looked pretty sh*tty to me.  It shouldn't take that much to demolish a car.

JocGTAV
  • JocGTAV

The 1%

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:43 PM

OK. I have been watching a live stream for about 1 hour this afternoon.

The Damage to vehicles was great.

SUV slid into barrier - the back wheels where bent so it crabbed down the road.

Sports car into side of train - The hole side of the car was caved in - Back wheel was at a 45 degree angle to normal.

Police car - hit back of vehicle - all the lights broke - large dent in left side - damage to bumper.

ALL OF IT AT LOW SPEED - LOOKED AMAZING - DONT PANIC.

i havent seen any live streams but i did watch that vid that was posted above so im cool with it now. But if all you saw were the dozen or so videos on instagram that i saw youd be skepticle too. All of then show absolutely no damage after crashes. It was weird

Spawngasm
  • Spawngasm

Rattle your Head!

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:53 PM

I watched a few  live streams and saw the wheel go flying off a few times. The cops also seem way more aggressive than they were in IV. When I first saw the instagram videos I was worried, but seeing that one vid of a car without a driver hitting a wall made me think it was either a glitch or they found out a way to hack the game.

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:54 PM

Yes, there will be a patch soon. But not because the game people are playing is faulty on purpose, but rather because Rockstar is aware of this outrage over vehicles exploding too soon and there being too little denting. You can't even know when it will explode.. it seems it just happens.

TaviColen123
  • TaviColen123

Trollhater

• BUSTED!
  • Romania

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:56 PM

Yes, there will be a patch soon. But not because the game people are playing is faulty on purpose, but rather because Rockstar is aware of this outrage over vehicles exploding too soon and there being too little denting. You can't even know when it will explode.. it seems it just happens.

What outrage ? A couple little kids bitching and whining on a forum over a game they havent played is not outrage .

gmcb007
  • gmcb007

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:57 PM

I actually prefer the new damage system. Now parts of the car break off after impact (which is pretty realistic) and only big impacts will cause your car to deform wildly.

Lets be honest, if you clipped the corner of a parked car in IV at roughly 20mph, you still left a massive deformed impact spot which is simply not realistic.

Also for the whiney pricks rambling on about the handling being ruined, don't they remember that you have to work on your driving skills to improve overall driving?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users