Do the cars dent as easily as in GTA IV

56 replies to this topic
Ronrollin9434
  • Ronrollin9434

Grotti Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:28 PM

https://www.facebook...&type=2<<<--- great car damage in the end :D

The mustang doesn't even damage, lol. It scratches and parts fall off.. but the front never smashes or gets dented. Same with the back when cops smash into the back of the car...

ugh... this is kind of weird :(

You can't be serious...

FFS, it took him 8 minutes to have a car blow up... obviously the cars are too durable, man. Just admit it. I love the game, but car damage is the only thing that's got me scratching my head...

I mean, look at the car by the end of the video, there is no significant denting to the front/back bumpers or the sides of the cars... just bulletholes and scratches... and car parts falling off.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

You sing about breaking faces! LCHC!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:31 PM

At least parts fall off, that's something new.

theface
  • theface

PSN: PaulTheFace

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:36 PM

Those 2 videos posted up on Facebook look great. Kind of puts my fears about crash damage to bed a bit.

Mawfawk
  • Mawfawk

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:44 PM

I've seen a video where franklin drives a buldozer while being chased by cops, and he literally rapes the sh*t out of the cops cars : They bent really well and get totally smashed.

On another hand, while driving a car and getting into "casual" crashes it doesn't really bent like crazy but it's not a big deal because there is still the "little damages" effects.

Sorry for my sh*tty english.

Take care !

DuplexHousing
  • DuplexHousing

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:44 PM

You kids are ridiculous - that car damage looks totally great. Too durable? This is a game where you can take a dozen bullets in the back without being slowed down.

Ronrollin9434
  • Ronrollin9434

Grotti Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:46 PM Edited by Ronrollin9434, 13 September 2013 - 09:47 PM.

You kids are ridiculous - that car damage looks totally great. Too durable? This is a game where you can take a dozen bullets in the back without being slowed down.

Your character gets killed much faster in GTA V than in past GTA games... didn't you see the clip with Franklin getting mowed down in a matter of seconds when he tried to steal that gang members BMX bike?

I'm not complaining about car damage, but car DENTING. I want to see car denting like I saw in GTA IV -- even if it takes more hits to get those dents, I want to see those dynamic dents.

If you forgot what it's like, go play GTA IV and crash around.

DuplexHousing
  • DuplexHousing

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:08 PM

If what you want isn't what it actually is, that's your problem to reconcile. Don't buy it, play IV, join a demolition derby.

Boxman108
  • Boxman108

Thug

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:10 PM

Or we can make sure it's fixed again for VI.

iFight
  • iFight

The one

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:14 PM

It took that guy 5/8 min to explode the vehicle. That's weird.

Ronrollin9434
  • Ronrollin9434

Grotti Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:41 PM

If what you want isn't what it actually is, that's your problem to reconcile. Don't buy it, play IV, join a demolition derby.

Shut the f*ck up and say something new for once. If I didn't give a sh*t about the game, I wouldn't even bother pointing out things that I feel Rockstar could easily patch up and fix on day one...

I mean, as bad as a game as Saints Row is, I don't even bother listing out the things I don't like about the game because I don't care about the game.

For f*cks sakes, criticism isn't so black and f*cking white. I'm not cancelling the preorder just because I found something (a big thing, imo) that I don't like in the game.

So rather than f*cking regurgitating and parroting that same response, why don't you address the question at hand, or just stop posting?

stee_vo
  • stee_vo

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:44 PM

Herp derp, cars doesn't dent, game is ruined, f*ck you rockstar.

Honestly, dents are the last thing i care about.

snacker111
  • snacker111

GTA

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:52 PM

i wont be buying gta vi

twigs2001
  • twigs2001

Homie

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:00 PM

Horrible driving mechanics and LACK of drifting confirmed.

• Ronrollin9434 likes this

DuplexHousing
  • DuplexHousing

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:08 PM Edited by DuplexHousing, 13 September 2013 - 11:10 PM.

Shut the f*ck up and say something new for once. If I didn't give a sh*t about the game, I wouldn't even bother pointing out things that I feel Rockstar could easily patch up and fix on day one...

I mean, as bad as a game as Saints Row is, I don't even bother listing out the things I don't like about the game because I don't care about the game.

For f*cks sakes, criticism isn't so black and f*cking white. I'm not cancelling the preorder just because I found something (a big thing, imo) that I don't like in the game.

So rather than f*cking regurgitating and parroting that same response, why don't you address the question at hand, or just stop posting?

Overhauling the entire vehicluar physics model is an easy day 1 patch, necessitated because some middle schoolers on a forum watched some videos of it and clearly have a better solution than that of the hundreds of designers who made the game? I'm sorry that the world doesn't work that way. Address the question at hand? No, the cars don't appear to dent as easily as they did in IV. And?

twigs2001
  • twigs2001

Homie

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:25 PM

no you bounce off them like your playing pin ball

They only dent if you hit a train.

f*ck Cockstar forever.

the car physics looks sh$t
the car damage looks sh$t
the city looks empty.

rockstar f*cked up.

Do you 3 just keep going around spreading hate based on disproven stuff?

Get a hobby, seriously.

Get with the times KID, its hardly disproven its being proved in numerous leaks all over the web.

stevean2
  • stevean2

Fast As You Can Fap!

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:29 PM

ioOX40xgzyOil.gif

kastrenzo
  • kastrenzo

Hustler

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:35 PM

no you bounce off them like your playing pin ball

So MCLA Physics you mean?

G.S.T
  • G.S.T

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:35 PM

ioOX40xgzyOil.gif

You think that's good, imagine what the tanks will do.

But yeah, they definitely need to patch it make cars more damageable, especially with guns.

I Luke
  • I Luke

UGHH..

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:41 PM

That facebook video just proves that it's not even bad. You really think that getting a huge dent into the front of your car by crashing into another is realistic? No. 

f*cking cry babies..

twigs2001
  • twigs2001

Homie

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:43 PM

ioOX40xgzyOil.gif

Proves nothing, shouldn't need to be in such a vehicle to create damage, should be able to do it from a standard car, this just proves the point further.

Lanzfeld113
  • Lanzfeld113

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:45 PM

The point IS'NT what a tank will do.

The point is that you should take damage from careless driving like in GTA IV.

Lil ski
  • Lil ski

Hawai'i 5-O

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:59 PM

Ok here's the thing, now say if you was to customize your car and spend a good amount of money on it and then you want to take it for a spin. You get on the freeway and red line the f*ck outta it, then you see an oncoming truck in the wrong lane, you serve and slow down to avoid it but you crash into a barrier and now your sweet ride is f*cked beyond belief. Now your suspension is too f*cked to drive to the nearest paint and spray. So you just lost all that money.
Would you want that?

I like how it is in V. It's a nice balance between maintaining realism and FUN gameplay.

I didn't like the fact in IV that I could crash going less than 25mph and my whole front end would be crushed like tin foil.

carnage.
  • carnage.

What color do you bleed?

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:03 AM

ioOX40xgzyOil.gif

Proves nothing, shouldn't need to be in such a vehicle to create damage, should be able to do it from a standard car, this just proves the point further.

You still on here talking sh*t about the game? lol

That gif looks bad a**!

• stevean2 likes this

Ronrollin9434
  • Ronrollin9434

Grotti Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:50 AM Edited by Ronrollin9434, 14 September 2013 - 03:50 AM.

Ok here's the thing, now say if you was to customize your car and spend a good amount of money on it and then you want to take it for a spin. You get on the freeway and red line the f*ck outta it, then you see an oncoming truck in the wrong lane, you serve and slow down to avoid it but you crash into a barrier and now your sweet ride is f*cked beyond belief. Now your suspension is too f*cked to drive to the nearest paint and spray. So you just lost all that money.
Would you want that?

I like how it is in V. It's a nice balance between maintaining realism and FUN gameplay.

I didn't like the fact in IV that I could crash going less than 25mph and my whole front end would be crushed like tin foil.

But that's what car insurance in the game is for. To replace rides that get f*cked up. I can't stand the fact that every car in this game seems like it's armored to the teeth.

GTA IV's damage physics are more impressive than GTA V's. But the thing is, cars in GTA V don't even look like they dent, period. I mean, from all the hours of leak vids I've watched, the cars seem only to scratch, get bulletholes, and have car parts fall off... but I've never really seen dents in the car.

Also, the cars get damaged so weirdly. Look at this picture:

bi9oac.jpg

• Boxman108 likes this

Gigabomber
  • Gigabomber

Infinite Ammo Amorous

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:01 AM Edited by Gigabomber, 14 September 2013 - 04:01 AM.

The denting from GTA IV is bullsh*t. GTA V, the parts tend to break apart before that happens, but it does happen. If you T-bone a tree or a telephone pole, it will dent, but more than likely it will trash your hood, push your fender into your tire, and fling your bumper five miles away.

The force is distrubuted through the pieces of the car (depending on the car), rather than your car being a form of stiff playdough that bends and flexes unrealistically like GTA IV. We've all seen the train video at this point, do you still need more convincing?

I'll add that you are much more likely to die, not from the car blowing up, but from bodily damage from the force of the crash. It's a very big difference from GTA IV.

omario18
  • omario18

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:43 AM

i say the cars should dent like in GTA IV

all you pussys that have a problem with our opinions...GO f*ck YOUR SELVES :rampage:

Killerdude8
  • Killerdude8

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:49 AM

I heard that the ped density was actually pretty good.

My question is, do cars dent at all? It just seems like it's hard to find cars that dent (from the livestreams I've watched). Cars only seem to get scratched up, lose doors, headlights, and have loose bumpers/car hoods... but I wanted to know if the cars actually get dented up like how they do in GTA IV.

For this old hardware, Ped density and Car denisty is incredibly high, I almost never see an empty street, ever.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users