Photo

Special Edition or Collectors Edition?

35 replies to this topic
BlackTiger999
  • BlackTiger999

Swedish Police Unit

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:54 PM Edited by BlackTiger999, 13 September 2013 - 05:54 PM.

So I got pre-order for both as I can't decide which I should get.

But I will soon tho'.

Just a note: If I get the SE, I'll get it for the same price as the regular GTA V.

Which one should I get SE or CE? 

Which one are you going to get?

SE = Special Edition.

CE = Collectors Edition. 

Killzone VII
  • Killzone VII

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:01 PM

Personally getting the CE, not because I want the bag or hat (though they are nice) but because I believe Rockstar deserves it for their hard work. It's also my last game I'm buying on current gen so I figure why not go out with a bang?
  • ScottishHeist123 and Cally like this

BlackTiger999
  • BlackTiger999

Swedish Police Unit

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:03 PM

Personally getting the CE, not because I want the bag or hat (though they are nice) but because I believe Rockstar deserves it for their hard work. It's also my last game I'm buying on current gen so I figure why not go out with a bang?

Haha, true true. But what actually is stopping me is that Xbox Live is not going to be supported for X360, 2016. So no GTA ONLINE 2016 and what am I going to with Nicko online then?

Need to make a smart move now.

Francis44
  • Francis44

WRC!

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:05 PM Edited by Francis44, 13 September 2013 - 06:06 PM.

I am going with the Special edition because I believe later we will be able to buy the exclusive content by DLC. It's such a special game for me that totally justifies the money. Unfortunately things here are expensive so I ended up paying for the special edition the same some pay for the CE anywhere else, however I have guarantee it will arrive on release date, the same could not be said If I ordered from an outside online retailer.

Johnny_Leyenda
  • Johnny_Leyenda

The Crimson Knight

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:06 PM

Haha, true true. But what actually is stopping me is that Xbox Live is not going to be supported for X360, 2016. So no GTA ONLINE 2016 and what am I going to with Nicko online then?

I'd say get the SE, you pay less and the singleplayer alone is worth it anyway.

S-M-O-K-E
  • S-M-O-K-E

AEMC La Mesa President

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:07 PM

Have to agree with this ^^^^

I bought the CE for IV as well & as said above, i believe R* deserves the $ for all their hard work. All the extra stuff is just a bonus in my books. Looking forward to the artwork & hotrod the most outta all the extras.

furhervonfsoter
  • furhervonfsoter

Engineer & Technician

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:08 PM

Basically this ^^^^^ But I kinda dig the physical goodies! The hat I will wear with pride, I know a lot of people seem to find it childish, oh well. I'm super stoked!

Killzone VII
  • Killzone VII

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:15 PM

Good point but by then I'm 99% certain GTA Online will be on next gen consoles, and hopefully your stats from current gen will transfer over.

Killzone VII
  • Killzone VII

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:20 PM

Basically this ^^^^^ But I kinda dig the physical goodies! The hat I will wear with pride, I know a lot of people seem to find it childish, oh well. I'm super stoked!

Personally I wish the hat had the GTA V logo instead of Los Santos, but I'll probably wear it to gaming conventions and sh*t just for fun, haha.

Killzone VII
  • Killzone VII

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:24 PM

Have to agree with this ^^^^

I bought the CE for IV as well & as said above, i believe R* deserves the $ for all their hard work. All the extra stuff is just a bonus in my books. Looking forward to the artwork & hotrod the most outta all the extras.

Exactly, when I heard there would be a collectors edition I went and Pre-ordered it before I even knew all of the contents just because I knew Rockstar would deserve my money. GTA, Elder Scrolls, and Fallout are the only games I feel that way about, mainly because I know for a fact I will get years of play time out of them before I even buy them.

Cally
  • Cally

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:27 PM

CE

S-M-O-K-E
  • S-M-O-K-E

AEMC La Mesa President

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:34 PM

Ya i also pre-ordered before the contents of the CE were released. I always splurge on the CE for GTA's.

BlackTiger999
  • BlackTiger999

Swedish Police Unit

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:37 PM

Good point but by then I'm 99% certain GTA Online will be on next gen consoles, and hopefully your stats from current gen will transfer over.

You know you can "MultiQuote" right? lol.

Jokes aside, I really hope so as well.

BMW1M
  • BMW1M

The Driver

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:40 PM

CE already paid for. Because its GTA 5 and Rockstar.

Killzone VII
  • Killzone VII

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:48 PM

You know you can "MultiQuote" right? lol.
Jokes aside, I really hope so as well.

Did not know that, just joined the site a few days ago, plus I'm on my phone so I'm not sure I can do that on here, lol.

ScottishHeist123
  • ScottishHeist123

After 5 years on the East Coast, it's time to go home...

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:49 PM

100% agree. I feel exactly the same way.

jv95_
  • jv95_

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:52 PM

SE 

jolzew1
  • jolzew1

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:56 PM

Pretty much sums up exactly why I went with CE. Never bought one before now. This will be my last current gen game so figured might as well as I see this as being the defining game of what was possible during the 360/PS3 era... won't ever wear the hat lol... the extra DLC was another plus! and R* defenitely deserves it when I look at the garbage other developers put out

RX2000
  • RX2000

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:07 PM

CE of course.....

Killzone VII
  • Killzone VII

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:12 PM

Pretty much sums up exactly why I went with CE. Never bought one before now. This will be my last current gen game so figured might as well as I see this as being the defining game of what was possible during the 360/PS3 era... won't ever wear the hat lol... the extra DLC was another plus! and R* defenitely deserves it when I look at the garbage other developers put out

*cough* Call of Duty *cough* Worst part is how the game with all DLC, which is just map packs is $110, when (judging by GTA IV) you can get GTA V and all DLC for about $100. The difference in quality is so massive too, you can actually see who cares about their customers more. Then again there is a 5 year gap between GTA IV and V so.... Meh, whatever. Tuesday is so close but so far away!

BlackTiger999
  • BlackTiger999

Swedish Police Unit

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 September 2013 - 09:52 AM

*cough* Call of Duty *cough* Worst part is how the game with all DLC, which is just map packs is $110, when (judging by GTA IV) you can get GTA V and all DLC for about $100. The difference in quality is so massive too, you can actually see who cares about their customers more. Then again there is a 5 year gap between GTA IV and V so.... Meh, whatever. Tuesday is so close but so far away!

Yepp, indeed.

Well, Activation knows that there is 12 years old boy that will be chasing their games. While Rockstar is more focused on teenagers/adults.

Infinityfq
  • Infinityfq

Career Criminal

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 09:54 AM

CE is sold out everywhere I checked in the EU so I got SE.

RichyB
  • RichyB

Crush grapes mate. Sorry? You're a grape crusher. Next.

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:05 AM

I personally wouldn't get the CE because I'm not the kind of person who would wear gaming merchandise and frankly it would clutter up my home.

So the SE is perfect for me, and is the edition I opted for.

sf15
  • sf15

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:06 AM

Will either of these be available to buy at the midnight launch? Or is it just pre orders only?

GuantanamoObama
  • GuantanamoObama

That is to say, Cunnilingus

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:14 AM

I would love the SE, however every nearby GameStop is sold out.

highland0wolf
  • highland0wolf

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:15 AM

SE

BlackTiger999
  • BlackTiger999

Swedish Police Unit

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:30 PM

Will either of these be available to buy at the midnight launch? Or is it just pre orders only?

Midnight lunch.

ZeeKid2k10
  • ZeeKid2k10

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:31 PM

Special Edition......

this CE edition

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=cToQvoeoRFo

7csc
  • 7csc

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:01 PM

SE. If I wanna play as Nico I'll wait an year to buy that dlc

solofme
  • solofme

True City Killers

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:26 PM

Completely agree with you, although I also want the bag and hat :p

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users