Confirmed there are no decals.

47 replies to this topic
Lazyboy.
  • Lazyboy.

single file line str8 out the do'

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:32 PM

Ok so watched this vid, of LS Customs. The customisation is actually very shallow, there are only 1 or 2 options per category. 1 different exhaust, 1 different spoiler etc. There are also no decals, whatsoever. The customisation is pretty much just like in San Andreas, except there's a couple more options.

Well, R* lied to us. Again. :/

HoweyLad
  • HoweyLad

Full Time C*nt.

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:33 PM

Shut up bitching, its one car out of god knows how many.

DwightSchrute
  • DwightSchrute

Whaaaaaa?

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:34 PM

Do you think maybe sh*t gets unlocked once a negga learned to walk up in this bitch?

• _KC, heist_blueprint and GTAFan0913 like this

SideburnGuru
  • SideburnGuru

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Oh my god... 

Even SA had decals, didn't they? What the hell. 

Arabjew
  • Arabjew

Rat

• Members

You unlock customizable options through races and probably other activities

matsix
  • matsix

Hustler

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:35 PM

I'm pretty sure stuff get unlocked. But yeah I think vinyls are not in the game.

Distrom
  • Distrom

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Venezuela

Didn't we see like 20 different rims sets and 70 different colors? btw parts unlock when you progress with the game.

Mr. Rocko
  • Mr. Rocko

Beep.

• Members
  • United-States

He's probably like on the first mission, sh*t isn't unlocked.

Alexey86
  • Alexey86

Rat

• Members

Ok so watched this vid, of LS Customs. The customisation is actually very shallow, there are only 1 or 2 options per category. 1 different exhaust, 1 different spoiler etc. There are also no decals, whatsoever. The customisation is pretty much just like in San Andreas, except there's a couple more options.

Well, R* lied to us. Again. :/

I think you are wrong. Maybe it is a lot unlocked or maybe you entered a LS customs with few options. Other LS customs have more options, its not like a shop  should have all available for you.

PoopMonster
  • PoopMonster

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Um. I'm pretty sure you're lieing because I was watching a livestream this morning and well.. car customizations are INSANE!

Lazyboy.
  • Lazyboy.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

SA had decals, but they were only preset ones. There's no proper decals like in Midnight Club or Forza etc.

So yeah, looks like GTAV is a third person shooter with some crappy driving and customisation tacked on so they can say they have it. :/
  • D1RTYŽ likes this

DarkFalcon95
  • DarkFalcon95

Thug

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:36 PM

Dude.

http://gtaforums.com...imagesspoilers/

zainzombie
  • zainzombie

PRE-ORDER CANCELLED! *sob sob*

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:36 PM

I just read the post by the guy who is doing AMA.. you guys should read it.

It didnt say anything about decals though.

Innovention
  • Innovention

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:37 PM

ohhh noes. no decalssssss. omgggggggggggg. thats so sadddddddddd.

_KC
  • _KC

A Buck 30 on Black Ice The Fast Life

• Members

http://dictionary.re.../browse/confirm

bigwalker
  • bigwalker

Crackhead

• Members

Is it just me who doesn't want decals?

Lazyboy.
  • Lazyboy.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:40 PM Edited by LazyboyEight, 13 September 2013 - 05:41 PM.

There's also no nitrous.

guy above: just because you play GTA for shooting, doesn't mean everyone does.

Some people appreciate proper customisation of cars, you know. not tacked on saints row horse sh*t.

_KC
  • _KC

A Buck 30 on Black Ice The Fast Life

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:40 PM

Yes

I don't want dumb ass flames and water bubbles on the benzo look a like. Just custom letter decals

Alexey86
  • Alexey86

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:41 PM Edited by Alexey86, 13 September 2013 - 05:44 PM.

SA had decals, but they were only preset ones. There's no proper decals like in Midnight Club or Forza etc.

So yeah, looks like GTAV is a third person shooter with some crappy driving and customisation tacked on so they can say they have it. :/

no dude, the character/car/even bikes, planes, parachutes customisation is pretty heavy. Its the only thing they got it right big time. I mean dont expect a need for speed underground style, but its plenty plenty. There are othe things wrong such as cars not taking enough damage, lack of gambling, lack of houses to buy from Chumas or Richman zone, not enough melee weapons, not enough mini-games. But customisation is spot on, you shuldnt bitch about it.

You want need for speed cutomisation, well this game is not only about that, because its not a racing game. Just think of how plenty customisation Liberty city had like none and now we get tons, much more than us expected.

Zoidbergs_LV
  • Zoidbergs_LV

One ticket to LS please

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:43 PM

That was just with one car. I saw that video. Let see how much you can customize a car that is in the tuner category. I'm trying to be optimistic about it. You can't expect to put wide body kit on an 18 wheeler or as spoiler on a tank. There are limits.

zainzombie
  • zainzombie

PRE-ORDER CANCELLED! *sob sob*

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:43 PM

Yes

I don't want dumb ass flames and water bubbles on the benzo look a like. Just custom letter decals

I also dont really care about Decals. Used to love them once but not anymore. 

But I understand its important for some people.

TECHN9CiAN
  • TECHN9CiAN

may His darkness be your light

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:43 PM Edited by the7ftmidget, 13 September 2013 - 05:45 PM.

I'm sitting at work here, but I just want to take a minute during lunch break here to elaborate on car customization. It's a lot more in-depth than I first thought, I've unlocked a few more things. You can upgrade your breaks, engine, suspension, transmission, torque, etc. You can even change the type of bulbs in your headlights! Like the standard yellow, or the zenon, I believe they're called? bulbs. (They're blue) You can even customize your license plate and horn! Change your plate's colours, and horns tune. (You could probably remake the General Lee, lol.) You've got various body mods, like carbon fiber hoods, exhaust systems, blowers, tires, rims, soft tops, hard tops, spoilers, bumpers, trim, etc, etc. There's a metric-button of colours for your car's paint as well. Remember that screen shot of that car burning rubber in yellow smoke? You can add smoke accents to your car's tires, to change their smoke effect while burning out, you can even make them bullet proof. So many options in car customization.

keyword worth noting: "UNLOCKED". maybe there will be decals, go to lifeinvader.com and look for the LSCustoms link, and you will see a dune buggy with decal-ish paint style.. im not giving up hope

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

I pushed the red button!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:45 PM

No decals... big deal. It's not the end of the world. It's not like GTA San Andreas had super cool customization. You can't have a super detailed world, super detailed cars and super detailed characters all at once because of RAM.

On the other hand, discussing the downgraded driving, car damage and other things is justified, because It's downgraded from IV and not another game. No nitrous? GOOD! Better have nothing than a TBOGT messup.

You just don't compare one game series to another, you're supposed to look at past games of the same series and then judge the differences.

Martin Madrazo
  • Martin Madrazo

Prankster

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:45 PM

660x373.png

Just look at this car, enough customisation. Decals would be cool tough.

Galaxyass
  • Galaxyass

West Coast Rock Steady

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:46 PM Edited by Galaxyass, 13 September 2013 - 05:49 PM.

Ermahgerd i cant put these cool flame stickerz my mah car :cry:

skillz7855
  • skillz7855

Soldier

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:46 PM

OK so you just lied here's proof from someone who has the game:I'm sitting at work here, but I just want to take a minute during lunch break here to elaborate on car customization. It's a lot more in-depth than I first thought, I've unlocked a few more things. You can upgrade your breaks, engine, suspension, transmission, torque, etc. You can even change the type of bulbs in your headlights! Like the standard yellow, or the zenon, I believe they're called? bulbs. (They're blue) You can even customize your license plate and horn! Change your plate's colours, and horns tune. (You could probably remake the General Lee, lol.) You've got various body mods, like carbon fiber hoods, exhaust systems, blowers, tires, rims, soft tops, hard tops, spoilers, bumpers, trim, etc, etc. There's a metric-button of colours for your car's paint as well. Remember that screen shot of that car burning rubber in yellow smoke? You can add smoke accents to your car's tires, to change their smoke effect while burning out, you can even make them bullet proof. So many options in car customization.

JocGTAV
  • JocGTAV

The 1%

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:47 PM

Thanks you stupid c*nt. Great idea putting a spoiler right in the title. I would have rather found that out myself but leave it to the f*cking morons on here to get a boner for releasing tiny pieces of info. f*ck you douchebag.
  • _KC likes this

Lazyboy.
  • Lazyboy.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:49 PM

Quote above:

Erm, that's not deep. Deep is having a vinyl editor, FOUR light options to choose from, FOUR spoilers, FOUR hoods, FOUR bodykits, a UNIQUE widebody, a proper colour pallete, changing wheel dimensions, you know, sh*t that lets it be custom. Not slapping on the same spoiler and carbon hood that EVERYBODY else has.

GTAFan0913
  • GTAFan0913

Trick

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:52 PM

I can't stand people like you. People who judge sh*t before they try it themselves. Guaranteed you unlock more stuff as you go. Rockstar does not lie about features. If they said it is in, it is in.

However, I don't recall them saying vinyls are in. And quite honestly, who the f*ck cares? Are you one of those people who likes to put ugly flames on the side of their car?  :barf:

Freezer89
  • Freezer89

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:54 PM

How about you actually read the other replies where it says that these needs to be unlocked. Don't be so ignorant, OP.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users