Photo

I work for Royal mail

44 replies to this topic
trevjim
  • trevjim

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 01:48 PM

I work for royal mail as a postman, Thought I would let you know how things work our end.

Any post for the day will arrive at the office about 5am. All post is then sorted and delivered without fail. nothing is ever left behind, if it is we either get a call to go back and get it or someone else takes it out and delivers it.

If say you are worried that you GTA is misplaced in the van and it turns up at the end of the walk or something like that, it will still be delivered (we would get in alot of trouble for taking it back to the office).

sometimes say a letter that we all know would go straight in the bin such as an advertisment for new sofa may get taken back, but nothing more then that, and besides things like that happening are very rare.

My brother works in the sorting office, he is there now, I will ask him when he is back to see if they had a big volume of 'ps3/xbox' shaped parcels today :santa:

• Fuzzknuckles, jonnie123 and UltraGizmo64 like this

Junior.86
  • Junior.86

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 01:52 PM

So...... If the item was dispatched today and with Royal Mail....

Will we get the game early on Monday?

ShopToCustomer
  • ShopToCustomer

Ven rápido

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 September 2013 - 01:52 PM

You leave behind my copy of GTA V and i'll be sniping one of you lot from my windows. wifebeater tank and beady eyes at the ready. 

trevjim
  • trevjim

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 01:55 PM

So...... If the item was dispatched today and with Royal Mail....

Will we get the game early on Monday?

Yes, Royal mail postmen/women will simply deliver anything they have, irrelevent of release dates (how are we meant to know what is in the box)

I dont have much info on how the sorting office side of things work however. hopefully my bro can shed some light. will keep people updated. I think even if dispatched today, probably wouldnt get to sorting office until overnight.

You leave behind my copy of GTA V and i'll be sniping one of you lot from my windows. wifebeater tank and beady eyes at the ready. 

I did find a copy addressed to you, just loading it up now :lol:

• Junior.86 likes this

Junior.86
  • Junior.86

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 01:58 PM

You sir, are a saint. Much love. Nothing worse than sitting patiently waiting for the postman, or postlady in my street, to arrive with a package.

trevjim
  • trevjim

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 02:01 PM

Well my brother just got back, Said he didnt see any increase in video games parcels.

Does not really change anything though as i would imagine any dispatched today wouldnt have reached the depot's yet.

still hopefull for a monday delivery.

Lisha
  • Lisha

Prankster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 September 2013 - 02:11 PM

Thanks for posting this. I seriously can't wait any longer.

tnz1992
  • tnz1992

Rat

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 13 September 2013 - 03:05 PM

Well then, how does Royal Mail managed to lose my copy of Gears Of War 2? I ordered it in 2009 and it never arrived. Atleast I got refunded.

GM Inc
  • GM Inc

Get Money Industries

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 03:06 PM

Well then, how does Royal Mail managed to lose my copy of Gears Of War 2? I ordered it in 2009 and it never arrived. Atleast I got refunded.

probs pinched by some dodgy postie

trevjim
  • trevjim

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 03:11 PM

probs pinched by some dodgy postie

sadly probably true, the sorting office is where 90% of any thefts happen

Restrictive
  • Restrictive

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 03:13 PM

Nice to hear even If we dont have it monday it'll be here by Tuesday.

nosyd
  • nosyd

www.maturevideogamer.co.uk

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 03:23 PM

So if Game dispatch my copy on Monday, is there a good chance I will get it Tuesday? I live in the country and get my post by a van.

The123king
  • The123king

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 03:27 PM

So if Game dispatch my copy on Monday, is there a good chance I will get it Tuesday? I live in the country and get my post by a van.

I live on an island and get my post by helicopter. What about me?

trevjim
  • trevjim

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 03:31 PM

Yes, I would say 95 percent of orders dispatched first class on monday would arrive on tuesday. You being in the country will have no effect on the day you recieve it. (unless say you live in remote highlands or something)

I live on an island and get my post by helicopter. What about me?

Haha I am not so sure im afraid

nosyd
  • nosyd

www.maturevideogamer.co.uk

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 03:33 PM

Cheers Trevjim, you have put my mind at ease a little.

webbo254
  • webbo254

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 03:39 PM

So just wondering if amazon dispatch my copy tomorrow what are the chances of getting it Monday if posted on Saturday first class?

trevjim
  • trevjim

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 03:44 PM

So just wondering if amazon dispatch my copy tomorrow what are the chances of getting it Monday if posted on Saturday first class?

Same as any my friend. If posted early enougth on any day, will nearly always come the next day (you just have to pretend sunday does not exist

• MathsDebate likes this

webbo254
  • webbo254

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 03:46 PM

Same as any my friend. If posted early enougth on any day, will nearly always come the next day (you just have to pretend sunday does not exist

Okay thanks for that much appreciated.

methwow92
  • methwow92

Peon

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 03:50 PM

dont you post saturday though..

trevjim
  • trevjim

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 03:53 PM

dont you post saturday though..

Saturday is the same as Mon to fri in royal mail world.

Lisha
  • Lisha

Prankster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 September 2013 - 03:59 PM

Oh yeah, could you clarify this for me?

Right, I ordered the Special Edition from GAME for £55. It's coming via Royal Mail first class. Does this mean it'll just be pushed through my letterbox or will I have to sign for it?

trevjim
  • trevjim

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 04:03 PM

Right, I ordered the Special Edition from GAME for £55. It's coming via Royal Mail first class. Does this mean it'll just be pushed through my letterbox or will I have to sign for it?

First class will just go straight through.

Recorded will need signing, as will special before 1pm.

Longtonguehuey
  • Longtonguehuey

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 04:04 PM

This would be an annoyance for me if I was a customer. If your item is registered (or recorded) then you will need to sign for it.

Be home or you won't get it until (maybe) the next day!

Most high value items are sent this way but this would be down to GAME's policy, rather than Royal Mail.

Bomberlegend
  • Bomberlegend

Seeing through the bullsh*t

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 04:06 PM

One question, do you work with a man called Pat, and does he have a black and white cat?
  • Lisha, Junior.86 and Danoded like this

trevjim
  • trevjim

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 04:08 PM

This would be an annoyance for me if I was a customer. If your item is registered (or recorded) then you will need to sign for it.

Most high value items are sent this way but this would be down to GAME's policy, rather than Royal Mail.

Just a tip, most rounds finish between 1 and 3, If you get a card left saying sorry you where out etc (in general not just GTA) ring the office where the postman is from and ask them if they can redeliver before they get back to office.

Ive had calls from the office saying can you head to this address on your way back as they are now home. its not an issue really as long as we get the call before we get back to office. also this is just a gesture the postman is under no obligation to re deliver

• Lisha likes this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 13 September 2013 - 04:10 PM

Instant Hero. Thanks Guy!

Longtonguehuey
  • Longtonguehuey

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 04:12 PM Edited by Longtonguehuey, 13 September 2013 - 04:13 PM.

Just a tip, most rounds finish between 1 and 3, If you get a card left saying sorry you where out etc (in general not just GTA) ring the office where the postman is from and ask them if they can redeliver before they get back to office.

Ive had calls from the office saying can you head to this address on your way back as they are now home. its not an issue really as long as we get the call before we get back to office. also this is just a gesture the postman is under no obligation to re deliver

What a nice postman!

Also. If you go chasing the postie around his round after he has attempted to deliver the game, take the red card with you...(He knocked but you didn't hear......it was NOT that he hadn't knocked...)

trevjim
  • trevjim

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 04:13 PM Edited by trevjim, 13 September 2013 - 04:14 PM.

Instant Hero. Thanks Guy!

Haha thanks. 3 hurdels your game has to get over.

The company you order from. The sorting office, the delivery office.

Just thought I would settle peoples nerves about the 3rd and last hurdle.

trevjim
  • trevjim

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 04:15 PM

What a nice postman!

Also. If you go chasing the postie around his round after he has attempted to deliver the game, take the red card with you...(He knocked but you didn't hear......it was NOT that he hadn't knocked...)

Yep can do that too! however 90% of video games will not require sig so will just get posted through :lol:

Shamear
  • Shamear

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 04:30 PM

Do I have to sign for a first class delivery? I'm gonna be in college from 11am. Also its given me the option to track the package on amazon, so does that mean its a recorded delivery too? I'm so confused lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users