» «
Photo

PSN pre-order download

322 replies to this topic
vozone
  • vozone

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:46 AM Edited by vozone, 14 September 2013 - 06:37 AM.

I pre-ordered GTAV on PSN and turned on automatic download. According to the store, the download begins today, the 13th.

I turned on the ps3, and a screen shows up saying its downloading pre-ordered content and will automatically switch off after the download is finished. If I left the screen and entered the XMB the console wouldn't switch off when the dl is done, but now I can't see the download progress.

Anyone with the same problem? I can't even tell if the game is being downloaded yet!

If you're not having a problem, does the download show up in the download management part of the XMB?

Extra:

There's also an open thread in the EU playstation forums that has been gaining some traction and has had some response from the community managers although they're not giving much info or help.

---> http://community.eu....Y/td-p/19729281

Update from PS EU forums:

7qtvzcQ.png

link to post: http://community.eu....ht/false/page/5

Further Update from rockstar

azlF3ha.png

src: twitter.com/rockstargames

PS Europe update:

pJfo61s.png

src:https://twitter.com/...580440312860673

tmcx
  • tmcx

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:48 AM

I have the same problem too.

vozone
  • vozone

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:49 AM

just noticed I should have posted this in the launch sub forum >_<

RAZD
  • RAZD

Trick

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:03 AM

have the same problem 2 ...

BOILER.
  • BOILER.

Big. Player. Low - Layer

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:27 AM

What is this? Pls don't say Sony will f*ck up again...

vozone
  • vozone

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:34 AM

I tried something, not sure if it does anything to help the problem.

1. Go to the psn store through your computer http://store.sonyent...mentnetwork.com

2. Go to your account name and click on "Transfer List" or something like that.

3. If you pre-ordered GTAV, you should have 3 items on your list, one is the blimp, another is the background theme and the other will be the game file.

4. On the item with 17gb, click on "Transfer to your PS3". I only clicked on this one, I have no idea what will happen if you add the other two items. The game file is now in the transfer queue.

5. Turn off your ps3, turn it back on. As soon as your console signs in to PSN, a message should appear saying that you have content to download from the store.

This is all I have done, as I said, I have no idea if this makes the console download the actual game or not, this is a very frustrating feeling because we get no feedback from what is happening...

vozone
  • vozone

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:35 AM

What is this? Pls don't say Sony will f*ck up again...

My suggestions is that if your ps3 switches on and that first screen saying that it is downloading pre order content, let it do its thing and don't go to the xmb! Apparently it's the only way of knowing that the playstation is getting the game from the store.

stpauli
  • stpauli

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:10 AM

are you sure you got a screen about downloading the pre-order content? i didnt get it, also the pre-order wasnt charged yet from the PSN. Was the money taken from your account already? I am not UK and I still have the 70€ in the account. 

My experience with other pre-orders they let you download the same moment they charged you the money. Hopefully today. A bit wierd is that in some of the infos its now saying September 16 so monday. 

• vozone likes this

stpauli
  • stpauli

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:17 AM

1. Go to the psn store through your computer http://store.sonyent...mentnetwork.com

3. If you pre-ordered GTAV, you should have 3 items on your list, one is the blimp, another is the background theme and the other will be the game file.

4. On the item with 17gb, click on "Transfer to your PS3". I only clicked on this one, I have no idea what will happen if you add the other two items. The game file is now in the transfer queue.

5. Turn off your ps3, turn it back on. As soon as your console signs in to PSN, a message should appear saying that you have content to download from the store.

This is all I have done, as I said, I have no idea if this makes the console download the actual game or not, this is a very frustrating feeling because we get no feedback from what is happening...

if i do this, it will tell me once i boot up the ps3 there is downloads please wait.. but nothing gets added to download list, and its actually saying that its for september, 16. so i would advise against doing this (for now) but thanks for your post :) 

• vozone likes this

vozone
  • vozone

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:22 AM

if i do this, it will tell me once i boot up the ps3 there is downloads please wait.. but nothing gets added to download list, and its actually saying that its for september, 16. so i would advise against doing this (for now) but thanks for your post :)

Thanks, it's great to know you've been through this, but you're right, I haven't been charged yet, my account still has the 70€ as well. The info they give is so confusing....

I read in the US playstation forums that they blocked pre-downloading because of the leak issue, I thought they would have fixed the issue so that it would be safe to download again today....

The annoying thing is that I only pre-ordered on the psn because I wanted to play on the 17th, I'm in Dubai, the game is banned here so I would have had to wait a couple of days for it to be delivered, even though I would have paid less than 70€ for the game... 

stpauli
  • stpauli

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:30 AM

yeah i bought digital because its two copies for one price and a friend who is kinda broke currently can enjoy the game too this way. But I agree sony europe are idiots mostly and nobody thinks they are responsible like the EU BLOG MANAGER fred he just sits on his lazy ass all day and never informs the sony customers about anything. 

• vozone likes this

Gameripper1
  • Gameripper1

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:34 AM

So annoying, guess we have to wait until monday omg 

vozone
  • vozone

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:44 AM

Ugh, tell me about it... No support from playstation!

So just to be sure, the download will appear in the download management list?

stpauli
  • stpauli

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:47 AM

you could do some tweets to sony people, write in forums of sony and in blog comments and maybe they get off their lazy asses 

Gameripper1
  • Gameripper1

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:51 AM

might take one for the team and call them in abit

stpauli
  • stpauli

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:06 AM Edited by stpauli, 13 September 2013 - 09:10 AM.

here is some more ways to contact them i already tweeted and wrote some forum posts.

http://community.eu..../3751957#M19780

we should hurry up  because these sheepf*ckers are in the weekend already in their thoughts and then we have to wait to monday which could be a problem to download in time for many

vozone
  • vozone

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:20 AM

Yeah, I've sent an email and posted on the portuguese forums, fingers crossed!

Gameripper1
  • Gameripper1

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:22 AM

Im calling them right now, hard getting thru, the Swedish support btw

CharlestAn88
  • CharlestAn88

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:23 AM

I assume this is all for the EU store?

Really need to know as i will put a physical
Preorder in now if i cant preload.
Especially since come monday night the download will be slow as hell. Best bet is playing 24hrs later if thts the case

tnz1992
  • tnz1992

Rat

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:24 AM

I have an US account and I only can see Pre Order theme and nothing else :/

vozone
  • vozone

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:25 AM

I assume this is all for the EU store?

Really need to know as i will put a physical
Preorder in now if i cant preload.
Especially since come monday night the download will be slow as hell. Best bet is playing 24hrs later if thts the case

I'm on the EU store, but from what I read the US store won't have preload because of the leak issue.

CharlestAn88
  • CharlestAn88

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:28 AM

This is what i heard too.
No preload for US. But everyone is saying the EU could
Preload today.

No official word though...

Gameripper1
  • Gameripper1

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:35 AM

they arent picking up the phone ...,

stpauli
  • stpauli

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:37 AM

This is what i heard too.
No preload for US. But everyone is saying the EU could
Preload today.

No official word though...

I find it pretty official when purchasing it said download september 13 and when in my download list also says september 13, and when tons of people in europe stayed up til midnight to put it in download so its finished in time....... And all got dissapointed by sony europe and rockstar. 

But you are right all sony europe people are hiding again today, these pigf*ckers. 

CharlestAn88
  • CharlestAn88

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:39 AM

Well if it cant be preloaded then its a big hit to dgital releases. People are going to be pissed off when they cant play until the 20th due to slow dl times

stpauli
  • stpauli

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:42 AM

Well if it cant be preloaded then its a big hit to dgital releases. People are going to be pissed off when they cant play until the 20th due to slow dl times

yeah like in USA that just sucks unless you have some good 50mbit or more internet.

also i cannot refund the money because stupidly i already loaded it into psn from my paypal, no way to get it back and cancel the pre-order now. 

vozone
  • vozone

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:48 AM

yeah like in USA that just sucks unless you have some good 50mbit or more internet.

also i cannot refund the money because stupidly i already loaded it into psn from my paypal, no way to get it back and cancel the pre-order now. 

same here... so pissed!

J Hater
  • J Hater

Crows

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:49 AM Edited by J Hater, 13 September 2013 - 09:50 AM.

Catch us on Twitter @RabidWalker or @SuperFastZombie i sent them msgs on twitter. YOU should all send them. If it will not be up by monday morning i will cancel the digital version and pick up the disk version. 

I hope they need/want my money....

stpauli
  • stpauli

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:56 AM

yeah the pigf*ckers working for sony europe dont care about you or your money.. they get their paycheck every month anyways.. like fred (eu blog manager) is the most laziest person on the planet but all of these people at sony europe never care for their work or the customers, you can see even their business tweet accounts for sony are mostly private tweets. 

8ndra
  • 8ndra

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:04 AM

Are anyone of you member of PSN plus? i read for automatic predownload you must be member of this. Maybe predownload isn't alowed for non members at all. This is my first game from psn, so i'm confused.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users