A interesting video analysis on GTA IV

1 reply to this topic
Harryhenry
  • Harryhenry

The only person on this forum who likes GTA V

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 13 September 2013 - 04:08 AM

Ok, there's a guy out there named "Chris Franklin" AKA Campster who does video analysises on video games and topics related to video games.

The reason why i bring him up is because he made this very interesting video on grand theft auto IV.

I know MANY people will disagree with him, but he does bring up some really interesting and legititmate points about the game:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=E32j9ufrpoE

Nameless Foot Soldier
  • Nameless Foot Soldier

Libertonian

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:36 PM Edited by Nameless Foot Soldier, 17 September 2013 - 10:47 PM.

Whilst I see where he is coming from with the story being set in a joke world, I wonder if he wondered over the idea that Niko was an immigrant coming to a strange place with strange cultures. It was supposed to be wacky all around him because America was a crazy place.

I for one, enjoy the game as a big joke to America that confuses Niko while telling the tale of the dying American Dream and showing what America replaced it with. The story is a golden point of story telling mediums and literature development. I never saw GTA as a rampaging game where I try to see how crazy I can get. No, I enjoy the story along with the open world for Niko to live in as he works through his challenges. Hang with friends, do some activities or maybe do a side job for some money for Roman. That's how I play.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users