• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 09:24 AM

dat car modding...

Dest45
  • Dest45

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:04 AM

Trevors haircuts! can they magically give him the hair he had in his glory days? Will there be full heads of hair for him?

guess im asking, what kinds of haircuts can the poor man get?

Kaster
  • Kaster

Chant Hare Krishna and be Happy!

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:43 AM

Where are the orange replies from deffpony

josephene123
  • josephene123

No

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:46 AM

Waited in line for 10 hours - didn't get the game - needs to wait until 17th :(

GTA5FAN055
  • GTA5FAN055

XBOX GT GTA5FAN055

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:52 AM

if you turn the wheels in a vehicle and get out do they stay that way?

Joey OMG
  • Joey OMG

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:53 AM

Yes.

• GTA5FAN055 likes this

Kaster
  • Kaster

Chant Hare Krishna and be Happy!

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:59 AM

Waited in line for 10 hours - didn't get the game - needs to wait until 17th :(

fail.jpg
  • doutee8 likes this

GTA5FAN055
  • GTA5FAN055

XBOX GT GTA5FAN055

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:05 AM

Yes.

you just made my day better

Marcuskac
  • Marcuskac

Nobody tells me what I want.

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:13 AM

Also commercial jets are now confirmed to be flyable.

And i don't remember seeing dismemberment.

aidanjames1
  • aidanjames1

Reaper Reap

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:28 PM

Bumping thread.

Matticus88
  • Matticus88

Trick

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:38 PM

Question about AI traffic behaviour... If you stop at a traffic light, Will the AI assume you've stopped for no reason, try to drive around you, notice the red light, and then stops, and then another car does the same, until the entire road is blocked with 5-6 cars all waiting for the traffic light? Or do they stop behind you, as if you are a AI car?

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:38 PM

Why hasn't the OP updated? We're all kinda hanging here

stee_vo
  • stee_vo

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:44 PM

Why hasn't the OP updated? We're all kinda hanging here

Yeah, come on op ;_;

Matticus88
  • Matticus88

Trick

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:48 PM Edited by Matticus88, 14 September 2013 - 12:49 PM.

oh, another one, I've seen

Spoiler
, How common are they?

edit: does ^ that count as a spoiler? technically everything is a spoiler for someone who doesn't have the game yet, kinda hard to tell what should, and what shouldn't be considered as a spoiler.

Snowman5417
  • Snowman5417

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:03 PM

Can we sell drugs?

TaviColen123
  • TaviColen123

Trollhater

• BUSTED!
  • Romania

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:05 PM

How does driving feel?

First off, don't worry, the driving isn't like MC:LA, the closest to "arcade" feeling you'll get, is while driving a tuned up super car as Franklin. The driving is similar to IV, but feels tighter, and more responsive. "Less boaty" would be how I would describe it. Driving differs between the three Protagonists as well.

As Franklin, it's easier to maneuver in a vehicle. Vehicles feel more responsive, turn harder, and overall just feel smoother to control. Drifting, J-turns, barrel rolls, etc, are all easier as Franklin. What do I mean? Say you take a 45° turn at 40 mph as Michael in a small car, you would end up hitting the wall if you didn't slow way down and hand break hard through the turn, as Franklin, you don't have to compensate as much, merely turning and lightly applying the breaks will see you drifting through that corner with ease without having to slow down as much.

So far, the driving's been a lot of fun, less spinning wildly out of control, and more getting to where you want to go. Those of you who want to do some awesome "Fast and the Furious" machinima will appreciate the "super cars." They differ from normal cars, they can turn on a dime, accelerate to top speed in a mater of moments, and drift through 90° turns like something out of a movie. They're truly in a class all their own. Don't worry, if you're a fan of GTA IV driving, the normal vehicles in the game handle roughly the same, just slightly tighter. The big trucks still feel heavy and tipsy at high speeds, and the small cars are light and nimble at low speeds. (Like the Honda civic esque car from IV)

How does driving feel?

First off, don't worry, the driving isn't like MC:LA, the closest to "arcade" feeling you'll get, is while driving a tuned up super car as Franklin. The driving is similar to IV, but feels tighter, and more responsive. "Less boaty" would be how I would describe it. Driving differs between the three Protagonists as well.

As Franklin, it's easier to maneuver in a vehicle. Vehicles feel more responsive, turn harder, and overall just feel smoother to control. Drifting, J-turns, barrel rolls, etc, are all easier as Franklin. What do I mean? Say you take a 45° turn at 40 mph as Michael in a small car, you would end up hitting the wall if you didn't slow way down and hand break hard through the turn, as Franklin, you don't have to compensate as much, merely turning and lightly applying the breaks will see you drifting through that corner with ease without having to slow down as much.

So far, the driving's been a lot of fun, less spinning wildly out of control, and more getting to where you want to go. Those of you who want to do some awesome "Fast and the Furious" machinima will appreciate the "super cars." They differ from normal cars, they can turn on a dime, accelerate to top speed in a mater of moments, and drift through 90° turns like something out of a movie. They're truly in a class all their own. Don't worry, if you're a fan of GTA IV driving, the normal vehicles in the game handle roughly the same, just slightly tighter. The big trucks still feel heavy and tipsy at high speeds, and the small cars are light and nimble at low speeds. (Like the Honda civic esque car from IV)

Oh god this is like my worst nightmares come true.

Supercars do not magically handle on different physics from real cars. They just handle better. And "Fast the Furious"!? REALLY!? That ricer piece of sh*t movie?!

And Franklin making driving easier, though old news, is pull bullsh*t. I hate how the driving differs between characters. I want my skill to matter, not some arbitrary stat bar.

Ugh...UGH.

You are like a stupid kid i swear

• Alkaporty likes this

HoboDealer
  • HoboDealer

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:22 PM

Question about AI traffic behaviour... If you stop at a traffic light, Will the AI assume you've stopped for no reason, try to drive around you, notice the red light, and then stops, and then another car does the same, until the entire road is blocked with 5-6 cars all waiting for the traffic light? Or do they stop behind you, as if you are a AI car?

I would also like to know this please Omni!

T'was extremely annoying in IV

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:24 PM

This!

Alkaporty
  • Alkaporty

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:24 PM

Can you switch shoulder when shooting? This is like my main and only concern about the game

You mean like in Alan Wake? That'd be amazing.

I didn't play Alan Wake, but I meant changing your character position when you shoot like RDR and Max Payne 3, instead of having them on default to the left on the screen, you could switch him to the right, something that you couldn't do in GTA IV

archiebunker
  • archiebunker

Working Class Hero

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:26 PM

This!

Yeah, want to know this, too.

Murray Bunyan
  • Murray Bunyan

Trick

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:43 PM

I also want to know whether the "picking up stuff" feature from GTA IV has returned or not.

aaronimpact
  • aaronimpact

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:43 PM

Can you change the camera viewpoints like GTA IV or is it fixed like RDR?

Black Sunshine
  • Black Sunshine

You made me master of the world where you exist

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:57 PM

How does the game appear on the Xbox Guide? Like, on your friendslist, how it says what your friends are playing.

Call of Duty went through several changes displaying things such as

CoD: WaW

Call of Duty: WaW

CoD: World at War

Grand Theft Auto IV displayed as "GTA IV"

I was wondering if it is displayed as "Grand Theft Auto V" or "GTA V"

Dan McChill
  • Dan McChill

Grove Street's Keeper

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:01 PM

They stop behind you until green light hits.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:12 PM

All the planes are flyable including the passenger one's!

HoboDealer
  • HoboDealer

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:14 PM

They stop behind you until green light hits.

SWEEEEET! Praise the lord thank you R*

Cheers for that dude

Matticus88
  • Matticus88

Trick

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:33 PM

Thank *insert deity here* for that! Was sooo annoying in IV, when they drive to your side, and just crash into ya.

Whiskey Ninja
  • Whiskey Ninja

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:51 PM Edited by Whiskey Ninja, 14 September 2013 - 03:52 PM.

How does the game appear on the Xbox Guide? Like, on your friendslist, how it says what your friends are playing.

Call of Duty went through several changes displaying things such as

CoD: WaW

Call of Duty: WaW

CoD: World at War

Grand Theft Auto IV displayed as "GTA IV"

I was wondering if it is displayed as "Grand Theft Auto V" or "GTA V"

What a retarded question, can you really not wait 2-3 days to find this out for yourself?

furhervonfsoter
  • furhervonfsoter

Engineer & Technician

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:56 PM

bth_mother-of-god-meme.jpg My body...is ready.

This^^^^^

Nameless Foot Soldier
  • Nameless Foot Soldier

Libertonian

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:03 PM

I also want to know whether the "picking up stuff" feature from GTA IV has returned or not.

I also really want to know this as well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users