Photo

Damage is really good, but needs to be patched for consistency IMO

24 replies to this topic
Technetic
  • Technetic

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 01:19 AM

The POTENTIAL of a wreck is there, but it seems you have to do too much to get there, a little too much to be exact.

My hope is that they can patch it to where its more sensitive .

The-San-Andreas-man
  • The-San-Andreas-man

Certified Furry!

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 01:20 AM

Why? I like the idea of keeping my car for longer. 

L0UDM0UTH
  • L0UDM0UTH

Too Handsome for this sh*t

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 01:20 AM

Live stream going on now PM ME 

lifeofmusic468
  • lifeofmusic468

GTA V

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 01:21 AM

Insurance

bigwalker
  • bigwalker

Crackhead

• Members

I prefer the challenge and agree with the OP. 

Technetic
  • Technetic

Li'l G Loc

• Members

totally agree, but in some instances small side by side crashes should be followed by small dents and scratches to add detail. The totaling of a car is there, but the small dents and scratches need to be a little more consistent when you crash into something doing 60mph it should show.

The-San-Andreas-man
  • The-San-Andreas-man

Certified Furry!

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 01:22 AM

totally agree, but in some instances small side by side crashes should be followed by small dents and scratches to add detail. The totaling of a car is there, but the small dents and scratches need to be a little more consistent when you crash into something doing 60mph it should show.

Ah I see what you mean. Honestly I do agree, but i'm happy with the damage they have now if they do decide to keep it that way :3

TheKryptonite
  • TheKryptonite

The World is Yours

• Members

Hopefully people won't complain that it gets damaged too much.

bigwalker
  • bigwalker

Crackhead

• Members

The denting on the roof on GTA IV for an example. Just more dents and and scratches. 

decro435
  • decro435

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 01:24 AM

http://hashd.tv/vod/...-your-dongers-1

Technetic
  • Technetic

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 01:24 AM

Yeap not complaining , just an observation and small advice from a fellow fan. 

Im gonna play the sh*t out of it regardless. but If i would pinpoint the problem it would be that, thats why people are complaining , they expect to see simple damage like that.

bigwalker
  • bigwalker

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 01:26 AM

I'm not complaining just would prefer if its added. If it isn't I'll still think the games perfect.

Twiggy123
  • Twiggy123

HNIC of the NN

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 01:27 AM

It probably already IS patched but nobody can get it because the patch releases on the same day as the game. So everyone playing is playing on an unpatched version.

Technetic
  • Technetic

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 01:28 AM

It probably already IS patched but nobody can get it because the patch releases on the same day as the game. So everyone playing is playing on an unpatched version.

Yup im hopeing thats the case, if not then i hope R* see these threads.

Lil ski
  • Lil ski

Hawai'i 5-O

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 01:29 AM

Yeah I like the damage although I see what you mean at high speeds. Damage in IV was cool but I didn't like the fact I could get in a fender bender going less than 35 and my front end is totally crushed and looking like a DUI ad. V's looks good and more realistic but they do need to patch it up for higher speeds. But I know it is possible for your car to get crushed like IV's

vwnut13
  • vwnut13

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 01:31 AM

Drive a car off a bridge and it explodes.

Drive a Tractor Trailer GAS Tanker off a mountain and the trailer stays attached, the headlights don't break, and it doesn't explode.

Technetic
  • Technetic

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 01:32 AM

Drive a Tractor Trailer GAS Tanker off a mountain and the trailer stays attached, the headlights don't break, and it doesn't explode.

Thats the inconsistency im talking about. 

It is THERE. IT CAN HAPPEN, but its way to inconsistent .

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 01:37 AM

I can agree with this. That pics from the stream shows how it can look, but when you drive at a ridiculous speed into a wall or car, both cars should look pretty f*cked up. Maybe indeed the day one patch.

Gigabomber
  • Gigabomber

Infinite Ammo Amorous

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 01:42 AM

So this thread was created to argue that, Rockstar, the greatest open world developer of all time, bar none, is using an 8-year-old physics engine of their own creation that is inconsistent. Moreover, that the physics engine can and should be patched, on day one no less.

Please complain about the invisible wall around the peds so that this also gets solved.

Twiggy123
  • Twiggy123

HNIC of the NN

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 01:50 AM

So this thread was created to argue that, Rockstar, the greatest open world developer of all time, bar none, is using an 8-year-old physics engine of their own creation that is inconsistent. Moreover, that the physics engine can and should be patched, on day one no less.

Please complain about the invisible wall around the peds so that this also gets solved.

Every game has a day one patch to fix small issues. if you don't know about this by now then how can you justify being on a gaming forum with such limited knowledge of gaming?

rixsta
  • rixsta

16PSI 4X4

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 13 September 2013 - 01:51 AM

I believe that the leaks are a good thing at this point. Because hopefully someone who works @ the rockstar place is looking through and being able to take our issues & complaints to hopefully eventuate that day 1 patch.

Carnal894
  • Carnal894

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 01:53 AM

Thats the inconsistency im talking about. 

It is THERE. IT CAN HAPPEN, but its way to inconsistent .

They will patch it eventually(if not on day one) because ALOT of people will complain and the damage will work properly after a patch is released. Not worried anymore this game is going to be loads of fun....seeing that train hit that car...it gave me hope lol.

TaviColen123
  • TaviColen123

Trollhater

• BUSTED!
  • Romania

Posted 13 September 2013 - 01:53 AM

I believe that the leaks are a good thing at this point. Because hopefully someone who works @ the rockstar place is looking through and being able to take our issues & complaints to hopefully eventuate that day 1 patch.

They are not going to listen to retarded whiny 12 year olds on a forum .

Gigabomber
  • Gigabomber

Infinite Ammo Amorous

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 02:12 AM

Every game has a day one patch to fix small issues. if you don't know about this by now then how can you justify being on a gaming forum with such limited knowledge of gaming?

That's fair. I mean, in game design, there are no smaller issues than the games physics engine.

xIIxFLAMERxIIx
  • xIIxFLAMERxIIx

The Shield Clan

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 02:34 AM

the only people complaining are people who can't drive in any GTA Game. The ones who cant stay straight in a lane or properly stop. Driving in IV was perfect and in V It will be even better.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users