Photo

Amazon Pre-Order US Getting Seriously Worried

25 replies to this topic
jums300
  • jums300

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 01:00 AM

Look, I'm getting the game for half the price on Amazon because someone let me use their remaining balance of a gift card.  If not for this, I'd be getting it from Best Buy, Gamestop, etc..  So, I just chatted with a Amazon support person who told me that it was most likely being shipped on the 16th.  I have the release date shipping.  The guy tried to reassure me that the game was still coming on time, but I'm still worried.  Getting GTA V on the 17th is VERY important to me.  I just don't want to have to wait longer for the game I've been waiting for so long.  So here's the question.  Have you ever pre-ordered from Amazon and the game that you pre-ordered was sent out the day before release?  If so, did it come on time?

lifeofmusic468
  • lifeofmusic468

GTA V

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 01:02 AM

I've always gotten my amazon stuff early. You will most likely get it on the 17th

The Nefarious Jester
  • The Nefarious Jester

Forum Old Timer

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 01:03 AM

I've pre-ordered plenty from Amazon, once I even got the game the day before release! Though, only once. 

The only problem is it's down to the post man then, here my post arrives about mid-day which is a pain in the arse! 

Technetic
  • Technetic

Li'l G Loc

• Members

have preordered tons of games, it will come on the 17th. Do not worry.

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

Soothe us with sweet lies...

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

It's in the shipping gods' hands now.

Prayer circle.

jums300
  • jums300

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 01:05 AM

So I shouldn't pull out from Amazon?  Advice taken...

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

Soothe us with sweet lies...

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 13 September 2013 - 01:07 AM

No, you shouldn't because pre-ordering anywhere else isn't going to get you the goddamn game faster, especially pre-ordering this late.

Relax, you will get your game. 

And if you're that concerned then just get digital, unless you're one of those who thinks that not having a case is blasphemy.

SteelAce
  • SteelAce

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 01:08 AM

Amazon is great on shipping. If they say you will get it the 17th you will. If it ships on the 16th they will overnight it to you. I have had this happen a few times. Never had anything late from them before.

The Nefarious Jester
  • The Nefarious Jester

Forum Old Timer

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 01:09 AM

And if you're that concerned then just get digital, unless you're one of those who thinks that not having a case is blasphemy.

Most things, meh DD. But the select few, the special ones, the precious ones. They need boxes :p

deathb10w
  • deathb10w

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 01:10 AM

^^yea they have always used overnight shipping for me. I have no doubt it will get to me on the 17th.

Trick

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 01:11 AM

Never Pull Out.

TexasDeViL
  • TexasDeViL

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 01:11 AM

Cheap ass

Crazyeighties
  • Crazyeighties

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 September 2013 - 01:12 AM

Never Pull Out.

If you pull out you wont get the game at all on launch day 

Bantri
  • Bantri

I'll kill as many animals in GTA as I damn well please

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 01:13 AM

Look, I'm getting the game for half the price on Amazon because someone let me use their remaining balance of a gift card.  If not for this, I'd be getting it from Best Buy, Gamestop, etc..  So, I just chatted with a Amazon support person who told me that it was most likely being shipped on the 16th.  I have the release date shipping.  The guy tried to reassure me that the game was still coming on time, but I'm still worried.  Getting GTA V on the 17th is VERY important to me.  I just don't want to have to wait longer for the game I've been waiting for so long.  So here's the question.  Have you ever pre-ordered from Amazon and the game that you pre-ordered was sent out the day before release?  If so, did it come on time?

They ship release date shipping with overnight shipping so it will be there the next day. Just have to wait for your UPS guy to come though.

• QuietSundayLibrary likes this

TheTerminatorNY
  • TheTerminatorNY

Saxon = Joke Account

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 01:13 AM

I order all my games from Amazon and always get them on release date. A few times they have arrived on Monday, the day before release date which is always a nice surprise. I'm hoping that happens with GTA V, but I doubt it.

TheWorldIsYours
  • TheWorldIsYours

fah-q

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 01:14 AM

Never Pull Out.

tumblr_mi3p4j8jl91r52qxco1_400.gif

you will get the game on the 17th. take a deep breath and relax bro.

Dodgers2013Champs
  • Dodgers2013Champs

Trick

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 01:14 AM

It'll get there mine usually comes at night though

GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY
  • GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY

I'm a little scared of being a slut.

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 September 2013 - 01:15 AM

No, you shouldn't because pre-ordering anywhere else isn't going to get you the goddamn game faster

i laughed.

Seluryar
  • Seluryar

Pilot For Hire

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 01:18 AM

copy pasta from similar topic:

My history with ordering Tuesday release date items are with choosing 2 day delivery, Amazon has usually shipped the item out the day before(Monday) I have always received the items the next day.

Also, dont forget, Amazon has distribution centers all over the country, so dont think it will be shipped from the farthest away place possible and take days to get to you. For me in Ohio, my stuff usually comes next day from Indiana or Pennsylvania or Kentucky if i chose release date delivery.(no distribution centers in Ohio)

hopefully this eases your worries

GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY
  • GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY

I'm a little scared of being a slut.

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 September 2013 - 01:23 AM

Cheap ass

yeah ok bitch
hey you know what.... f*ck you git git i said
OH HERE WE GO PAW PAW

idesmond
  • idesmond

GSF 4 Life!

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 01:26 AM Edited by idesmond, 13 September 2013 - 01:29 AM.

You and me will get it on release. It'll probably be shipped Monday and arrive in the afternoon Tuesday. Delivery Day shipping is shipped on planes so they get to your location on time.
  • QuietSundayLibrary likes this

Old_BenKenobi
  • Old_BenKenobi

Just a crazy old man.

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 01:35 AM

Amazon will not f*ck around. If they say it's release date shipping then you'll have it on release day.

QuietSundayLibrary
  • QuietSundayLibrary

Abide by God's Glory

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 01:51 AM

They ship release date shipping with overnight shipping so it will be there the next day. Just have to wait for your UPS guy to come though.

The truest statement within this thread. Patience young Padawan, for the relic that you seek will find its way to you at the intended moment, at the intended time.

Yankee6X
  • Yankee6X

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 01:58 AM

It shouldn't be so important to you.

Its a game.

A groundbreaking, revolutionary, utterly brilliant game, yes. But still just a game.

17th, 18th, 20th, October. Whatever. Be happy you have the means and opportunity to buy and play the game at all.

RichyB
  • RichyB

Crush grapes mate. Sorry? You're a grape crusher. Next.

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 02:03 AM

You would have got this game on the 17th but since you are the f*cking 9 millionth idiot I've seen on here fretting that you won't get it on release day - I'm going to make sure you get it late OP.

You can message me how I did it on the 18th.

jums300
  • jums300

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 12:01 PM

You would have got this game on the 17th but since you are the f*cking 9 millionth idiot I've seen on here fretting that you won't get it on release day - I'm going to make sure you get it late OP.

You can message me how I did it on the 18th.

Umm...Sorry for making you sooooo upset!  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users