Photo

The Onslaught of Leaks in the V Forum

87 replies to this topic
jackass2009
  • jackass2009

We're bouncing now?

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 12:24 AM

Sooo... is any mod going to do something to fix that? Or are they hibernating?

The Pizza Delivery Guy
  • The Pizza Delivery Guy

Just A Stupid Kid.

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 September 2013 - 12:26 AM

Trolls and douche bags run rampant across all of the internet. No amount of mods are going to contain this kind of thing. I avoid the V forum and half of the rest of the internet like the plague to protect my unspoiledness.

• jackass2009 likes this

jackass2009
  • jackass2009

We're bouncing now?

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 12:28 AM

Trolls and douche bags run rampant across all of the internet. No amount of mods are going to contain this kind of thing. I avoid the V forum and half of the rest of the internet like the plague to protect my unspoiledness.

That seems like the best way to go about it right now.

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 13 September 2013 - 01:01 AM

I had TWO major plotlines spoiled for me by that repeat offender 'Zidane'. Ever since, I try to avoid the V section like the clap. But sometimes I just can't help myself from venturing in there in the hope of seeing some actual positive contributions in the midst of all the negativity being thrown around by skillful trolls, or 5 year old Skyrim fanatics attacking the map size.

But yeah, as much as I appreciate the mods work in dealing with all that sh*te, they knew what the responsibilities would entail when signing up for the promotion.

S l a d e
  • S l a d e

Runorata Family

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 September 2013 - 01:11 AM

The mods on all these streaming sites are pretty fast shutting it down. And a lot of the leaks in the GTA V forum are getting locked pretty fast too.

TheBlackPeterParker.
  • TheBlackPeterParker.

616 Hero.

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 04:07 AM

I haven't noticed any big leaks besides the audio files. I mean there's the 6 sec gameplays but those are really redundant since they are only 6 secs. IDK, maybe I just don't care anymore.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 04:53 AM Edited by Chukkles, 13 September 2013 - 04:55 AM.

I have left the V section since yesterday.
The mods have been abducted fiveians.

I can't be there until I have payed the game through at least once.

@above, have you not seen the gameplay vids that have been leaked by Jsticks11? Maybe that's yesterday's news, but there's bound to be more and more.

jackass2009
  • jackass2009

We're bouncing now?

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:08 AM

I have left the V section since yesterday.
The mods have been abducted fiveians.

I can't be there until I have payed the game through at least once.

@above, have you not seen the gameplay vids that have been leaked by Jsticks11? Maybe that's yesterday's news, but there's bound to be more and more.

I'm not going into detail, but holy f*ck there are so many more videos. 

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Forum Drunk

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:17 AM

Better to just not go to the V Section.. at all.. and wait until you've finished story mode at least to come on back.

I'll probably be gone a week or so before coming back. It's the only way to combat spoilers.

Smokin Shadowz
  • Smokin Shadowz

Sociopath

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:23 AM

Luckily for me I haven't had anything spoiled for me. I've pretty much avoided articles and comment sections for such reasons.

StingrayX
  • StingrayX

♢ Las Venturas ♢

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:28 AM

Leaks were inevitable. The mods trying to remove them is pure stupidity but you can't rebel against the rules without consequences... :rol: V comes out in 3 days. If you don't want to be spoiled then don't go to the section, simple as that. I don't know why some people, including some mods, take them so seriously since they only show beneficial gameplay, nothing that really spoils anything major.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Forum Drunk

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:40 AM

Leaks were inevitable. The mods trying to remove them is pure stupidity but you can't rebel against the rules without consequences... :rol: V comes out in 3 days. If you don't want to be spoiled then don't go to the section, simple as that. I don't know why some people, including some mods, take them so seriously since they only show beneficial gameplay, nothing that really spoils anything major.

Because certain leaks are still not okay with Rockstar, which is why Mods have to be so intent on stopping them. It's not up to GTAF Staff.. plus a majority of people rather NOT be spoiled. Some feel it takes away the entertainment, much as I do Kifflom.

It's not up to you to say what's beneficial .. since it's not beneficial at all to others. 

StingrayX
  • StingrayX

♢ Las Venturas ♢

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:53 AM

Because certain leaks are still not okay with Rockstar, which is why Mods have to be so intent on stopping them. It's not up to GTAF Staff.. plus a majority of people rather NOT be spoiled. Some feel it takes away the entertainment, much as I do Kifflom.

It's not up to you to say what's beneficial .. since it's not beneficial at all to others. 

Hmmm I guess I see your point. But leaks just almost always happen right before the release of a video game and there are going to be lots of people spilling the beans on the forums. It's kind of best to just avoid to V section if you don't want to be spoiled.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:48 AM

I don't want the first time I see the game actually being played on a sh*tty blurry video made by a douchebag.

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:34 AM Edited by Gtaghost22, 13 September 2013 - 07:35 AM.

That's exactly why I only posted like 2-3 times in the V section in the last couple of months. No amount of Mods can keep that section 100% spoiler-free. It's just not humanly possible. So, I can't really blame them. :)

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

=VP=

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:48 AM

Avoiding the V forum is easy, the bad thing is most of these topics have spoilers written in the title and one could easily read it even if hes not browsing the V section. im gonna have to endure until the PC version is out. :bored:

• Spider-Vice likes this

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:53 AM

Solution is to avoid the whole forum. Avoid youtube videos pertaining to V. And avoid any other message boards or reading of comments on V related stuff on Facebook. 
I left the forums for 3 weeks to avoid spoilers but came back, Perhaps now I will leave again.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:04 AM

Well, I enjoyed the leaks. Yeah, I got spoiled with one of the videos but I was already aware of the plot twists. The game looks better than I thought.
If you want not to be spoiled, just don't visit the V section. That simple.

Joe Chip
  • Joe Chip

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:48 AM

Hmmm I guess I see your point. But leaks just almost always happen right before the release of a video game and there are going to be lots of people spilling the beans on the forums. It's kind of best to just avoid to V section if you don't want to be spoiled.

The problem is that some people in that section do want to discuss GTA V (especially so close to release), but also want to go in blind. It's easy to abandon the section for people like us who have mostly been avoiding it since the trailers, but what if the V section was the only reason you visited the site?

And it's not pointless for the mods to remove them. I saw nearly 30 minutes in the section where no leaks were on the front page, and they do slow down at some times of the day so it's easier to browse then. It also seems like there are certain members who constantly post leaked footage, images, and streams, so temp-banning them slows it down.

Mr Scratch
  • Mr Scratch

Sly Bastard

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:10 AM

Wait there's a new GTA coming out? Guess that's what happens when you don't go outside Gen Chat.

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

#1 Metalhead

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:25 AM

As much as possible I completely avoid of venturing in the V forums as that would ruin me the fun of the game. I'm already spoiled of listening those audio leaks but that's all about it. I'm also completely unaware of the video leaks so that kinda saved me a bit as well.

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 13 September 2013 - 12:51 PM

I had TWO major plotlines spoiled for me by that repeat offender 'Zidane'. Ever since, I try to avoid the V section like the clap. But sometimes I just can't help myself from venturing in there in the hope of seeing some actual positive contributions in the midst of all the negativity being thrown around by skillful trolls, or 5 year old Skyrim fanatics attacking the map size.

But yeah, as much as I appreciate the mods work in dealing with all that sh*te, they knew what the responsibilities would entail when signing up for the promotion.

Positive contributions and the V section don't go hand in hand. Steer well clear of it, and keep that up until you've completed the game for yourself.

Shoumic
  • Shoumic

16 5 5

• Members
  • Bangladesh

Posted 13 September 2013 - 12:54 PM Edited by shoumic, 13 September 2013 - 12:55 PM.

Think about it this way. You're lucky because you don't have to even go to that part of the forum. Why you venture into the V section not expecting spoilers is something I just don't understand. The moderators are unlucky because they will have to have the game ruined for themselves so it's not ruined for the other members. 

Just don't go into the V section and you will be fine.  

Trund
  • Trund

I'm all of ach fo her

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 01:18 PM

GTA V section is a no-go since yesterday. Not only the leaks are a problem, but also all the kiddies that create a bunch of new accounts only to make annoying threads. Now that even the Xbox 360 Version is all over the internet there's no help anymore for that section.

Shoumic
  • Shoumic

16 5 5

• Members
  • Bangladesh

Posted 13 September 2013 - 01:27 PM

Now that even the Xbox 360 Version is all over the internet there's no help anymore for that section.

Someone told me about this and said there were torrent files all around. Are people actually able to play on the Xbox already or do they have to wait till the 17th like what happened with the PS3 version a few weeks back?

Trund
  • Trund

I'm all of ach fo her

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 01:31 PM

Now that even the Xbox 360 Version is all over the internet there's no help anymore for that section.

Someone told me about this and said there were torrent files all around. Are people actually able to play on the Xbox already or do they have to wait till the 17th like what happened with the PS3 version a few weeks back?

Nope. It's the disc version that leaked online, so in the next few hours thousands will have pirated the game and play it, then it's just a matter of time until real hell breaks loose in the GTA V Section.  :panic:

• Shoumic likes this

Shoumic
  • Shoumic

16 5 5

• Members
  • Bangladesh

Posted 13 September 2013 - 01:46 PM

Nope. It's the disc version that leaked online, so in the next few hours thousands will have pirated the game and play it, then it's just a matter of time until real hell breaks loose in the GTA V Section.  :panic:

It's just sad to see how people can't wait another 4 days to play the god damn game. R* is to blame here as well. How did the disk version get leaked? Surely they were the only ones who had access to it. 

Trund
  • Trund

I'm all of ach fo her

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 01:57 PM

It's just sad to see how people can't wait another 4 days to play the god damn game. R* is to blame here as well. How did the disk version get leaked? Surely they were the only ones who had access to it. 

R* still had it under control when the game was being produced, that alone is surprising already. Now however, the games started being shipped all over the world, it was just a matter of time until people (and therefore also hackers/crackers, whatever you want to call them) get their hands on the game. 

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 13 September 2013 - 02:04 PM Edited by tms_junk, 13 September 2013 - 02:09 PM.

It isn't Rockstar's fault at all. I used to work in a store that sold games, and we got new games in 3-4 days before release. I had like 100 copies of Black Ops in front of me 4 days early when that was released. And if the game was highly anticipated like FIFA,Call Of Duty, or GTA, the games would be locked in the managers office or the cash office.

However, if you have a manager who isn't as clued up, stealing a copy would be easy as pie.

• Shoumic likes this

NADOLNY
  • NADOLNY

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 September 2013 - 02:06 PM

The GTAV section is filled with 10 year old kids.... I hope after they get the game they disappear

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users