Quantcast

» «
Photo

How much alochol do you guys get through in a typical week?

35 replies to this topic
Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:12 PM Edited by niko bellic half brother, 12 September 2013 - 09:54 PM.

*Bah, f*cked up the spelling in the thread header. Mods: your assistance please.

Kinda like my smoking topic, but anyhoo...

I tend to get through an average of 120 units, which is around the equivalent of 4/5 75cl bottles of vodka. That sounds alot for a working, non-alcoholic, but it's split up between glasses of red wine in the evening during the week, and a good few cases of beer and a bottle of good whiskey on Fri/Sat nights. 

So what's your run-of-the-mill weekly intake? Do you drink too much etc?

Mr.Scratch
  • Mr.Scratch

The Business

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:43 PM

Depends on what I'm in the mood for, usually 12 beers if I'm drinking that, or a bottle of vodka, whiskey and all the usual hard drinks.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:55 PM

I'm not going to say because it is embarrassing. I'm a beer drinker- no spirits or an thing really strong.

I'll just say that I recently cut down on my weekday beers. It used to be that I drank a six a night.

Now a days on a heavy week I'd say I do about 2 cases(without help).

orbitalraindrops
  • orbitalraindrops

Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 12 September 2013 - 11:08 PM Edited by orbitalraindrops, 12 September 2013 - 11:09 PM.

it can go from no units to alot if I'm going out quite a bit. Depends on the mood and what I'm doing.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 September 2013 - 12:19 AM

Well usually I try go out every second to fourth weekend, I'd say I average 12 beers/15 standard drinks a month, I try not to get f*cked up all the time because it's just so bad for you and I hate thinking back six months later unable to remember any of the fun times I had.

That said last Thursday night I was on the $2.50 drinks,I had 17 drinks, which I doubt were measured even close to properly because I actually didn't feel that drunk at all for the most part and from 11pm to 4am I should have definitely felt it.

To be honest I feel like a jackass who thinks he's hard if I ever talk about number of drinks, so let this be the last time

The Pizza Delivery Guy
  • The Pizza Delivery Guy

If You Know What I Mean

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 September 2013 - 12:21 AM

4 shots of wine if I do drink.

If I'm feeling ambitious it'll be a shot of Jack Daniels.

Love my parents. They let me drink. I don't even need to sneak it in.

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 September 2013 - 02:43 AM

2 cans in the past year.

MIGta
  • MIGta

• Members
  • England

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:23 AM

I probably drink around 20 pints of beer a week on average.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Faceless, Nameless, Endless War

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:05 AM

I'm a huge real ale fan and try and pop to the pub for at least two or three once a week. Might have a nice Scotch or bourbon one evening, possibly a bottled ale or two in the week, a pint with work colleagues on a Friday lunchtime and maybe a bottle of wine one night split with the missus. I used to drink a great deal more but have cut down dramatically in recent months.

sanpreet
  • sanpreet

Peon

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:06 AM

I don't drink anymore but I used to drink 3 beers a week.

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

GTAF's #1 Trevor hater.

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:10 AM

I usually drink a few beers on the weekends, so I don't go through a whole lot, but I'll drink around 6-12 a week.

Shou
  • Shou

y

• Members
  • Jamaica
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:33 AM

I once had those Jack Daniels Whiskey chocolates. Not sure if that counts as alcohol. Heard it was 1/6th of a shot. Pretty safe to say I get through the entire week with no alcohol. 

Anyone else had those chocolates? They tasted whack. Does alcohol taste so bad? 

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:36 AM

No units per day since May 2004. Honestly, I have recently tried going into my local TESCO and picking up a beer, but I can't.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:55 AM

I once had those Jack Daniels Whiskey chocolates. Not sure if that counts as alcohol. Heard it was 1/6th of a shot. Pretty safe to say I get through the entire week with no alcohol. 

Alcohol definitely doesn't taste good. You know Methylated spirits? It's not that far off.

Shyabang Shyabang
  • Shyabang Shyabang

Wild Thing

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 12:56 PM

I didn't start to drink until I got into college. During my first year of college, I used to finish a bottle of vodka with my friends every Friday. Sometimes we mixed vodka with orange juice. After about a month of this, a friend decided to have us drink Chivas Regal Scotch whiskey with beer after we finished our bottle of vodka. She put a shot of whiskey inside her glass of beer. We followed what she did. We finished that bottle. We passed out at a park late at night. After the fourth time of this, I decided that it was time to refrain from getting drunk. It wasn't safe to pass out outside. And I was worried that students might see us and gossip. Plus, the study load was rising. So I started to drink little by little until I decided to quit temporarily.

I haven't drank any alcoholic beverages for about 10 months so far. I feel much more alert and healthier now. I get less tired during class, and I can remember what my professors lectured.

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 13 September 2013 - 01:06 PM

None. I never drink at home because i don't live in a trailer.

Jokes aside, I'm not a heavy drinker, i only drink on nights out. Which are few and far between these days...

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

5KΣΓ

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 13 September 2013 - 01:51 PM

Zero. I don't buy alcohol for myself. I generally only drink when people offer me something and I drink as little as possible. I'm not a big fan of beverages with high levels of alcohol (not even wine). Beer is OK in small doses, though I prefer (fruit) flavored ones (call me a sissy).

Mr.Scratch
  • Mr.Scratch

The Business

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 13 September 2013 - 02:05 PM

You're a sissy.

NADOLNY
  • NADOLNY

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 September 2013 - 02:07 PM

I drink around 10 liters of beer during a week, mostly on the weekend.

I love it  :lol:

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

Lord Protector

• Mongolia
  • Best Senior Moderator 2013

Posted 13 September 2013 - 02:59 PM

Alcohol definitely doesn't taste good. You know Methylated spirits? It's not that far off.

Straight ethanol? No sh*t. But to say "alcohol" in reference to all alcoholic beverages tasting horrible, you have no idea what you're talking about.

It really depends on I usually keep a bottle or two of brown liquor and tequila in my bar, go through a bottle of bourbon every other week and the rest less often. When I go out, if I'm driving, I'll have maybe one or two drinks max, but if I'm not it's more like 6-8 (either beer or liquor) on a regular night - I don't look to get f*cked up anymore. It's too expensive. If I'm staying in I'll usually have the same, or if I'm working it'll be 3-4 work beers to hit that "not drunk but not tired" party mode for energy and concentration.

Backfire6
  • Backfire6

༼ຈل͜ຈ༽

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 03:54 PM

Eh I only drink on Fridays and Saturdays. Sometimes Sundays. And sometimes during the week....I guess it depends how I feel. It's an attitude thing for me.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:31 PM

Straight ethanol? No sh*t. But to say "alcohol" in reference to all alcoholic beverages tasting horrible, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Of for sure haha, straight ethanol sucks ass haha. Personally I love gin, and any mix With vodka that compliments it, I love vodka with bitters.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:31 PM

Of for sure haha, straight ethanol sucks ass haha. Personally I love gin, and any mix With vodka that compliments it, I love vodka with bitters.

Mr.Mister
  • Mr.Mister

Capt. Downtown

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:53 PM

A 2'6 shared between me and someone else is the most I will drink in a night, or half a six pack. I usually have 1-2 drinking nights a month

K20
  • K20

Woooo-rah

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:24 PM

used to drink maybe 8 doubles of jack daniels.... or 7-9 pints of bears.

no more now. :panic:

GrandMaster Smith
  • GrandMaster Smith

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:25 AM

I used to drink more when I was 16-17 than I have since I've turned 21. I'll probably drink once a month and even then will I rarely get drunk. I enjoy a good buzz off a few beers but I've outdone my days of getting plastered. 

I'm not sure what happened but I just don't enjoy the feeling of it much anymore, I'd much rather just sit back with a few friends and smoke a bowl rather than go hangout with a bunch of drunk people.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:49 AM

I'm an avid beer drinker these days.. used to be pretty hardcore into liquor.. but after some life-changing situations.. I opted to change a little. But, an average week, I probably down atleast 4-5 cases of beer. I drink a lot.. sue me. Nothing compared to my younger years though.. I probably downed a bottle of SoCo or Jack D a night or two.

If you're not a big drinker or thinking of drinking.. do it moderately though. Don't end up a cool ass like me.

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada
  • Best Forum Ledby 2011
    Best Forum Ledby 2010
    GTANet Contribution Award
    GTANet Helpfulness Award

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:51 AM

I normally go through a twofour every two months or so.

Smokin Shadowz
  • Smokin Shadowz

Sociopath

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:06 AM Edited by Smokin Shadowz, 14 September 2013 - 01:06 AM.

About a 14 dollar bottle of Jack a week.

6.8 oz flask.

EscoLehGo
  • EscoLehGo

Ya Dingus

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:16 AM Edited by EscoLehGo, 14 September 2013 - 02:16 AM.

What's this "units"? Is that a UK thing? I consume alcohol on a week to week basis sometimes month to month basis. I'll go without it for a long while and then I'll have a bender that lasts for a week to two weeks. It's either all or nothing for me, mostly hard liquor.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users