Photo

Amazon UK - difficulty processing visa

17 replies to this topic
Mark987
  • Mark987

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:26 PM

They said they will try and charge my card again shortly, i know i have enough cash in the bank, so does anyone know why they may have difficulty processing my payment.

Also is this happening to anyone else?

harry246
  • harry246

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:28 PM

What edition was this for ? I haven't had any payment taken yet....just an email a few days go regarding taking payment.

Mark987
  • Mark987

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:32 PM

its just the standard edition, and yea i got that email regarding taking payment yesterday, but only half hour ago i was landed with this bloody email.

methwow92
  • methwow92

Peon

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:37 PM Edited by methwow92, 12 September 2013 - 08:37 PM.

ordered offf amazon uk for 360.. got no email here

Payment issue is only when your bank is not authorizing the card or no money in your account.. nothing to do with amazon.. call your bank

Gregers08
  • Gregers08

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:45 PM

Sometimes your bank will prevent payments from places they normally think you wouldn't spend money from for fraud protection, it's annoying but it happens sometimes and I'm thinking it could be happening here.

Is this the first time you've used Amazon?

Costar
  • Costar

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:48 PM Edited by Costar, 12 September 2013 - 08:50 PM.

First of all, you're not normally charged until an item is READY to be shipped when you pre-order things. (Then again things may be different in the UK) However, I do believe that they attempt to verify there are sufficient funds, if not, it may be declined. Some banks will allow it to go through if there are enough overdraft funds but then you get charged an OD fee so. I'd DEFINITELY check w/ my bank and be sure that I provided precisely the right info to Amazon. Cause your name can be wrong, a digit in your address, card number or whatever and it would likely be declined.

• methwow92 likes this

Mark987
  • Mark987

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:50 PM Edited by Mark987, 12 September 2013 - 08:50 PM.

i only have enough money in the bank to pay for gta v, do you think the bank is prventing me from cleaning out my account?

Gregers08
  • Gregers08

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:55 PM Edited by Gregers08, 12 September 2013 - 08:56 PM.

i only have enough money in the bank to pay for gta v, do you think the bank is prventing me from cleaning out my account?

When was the last time you checked? Maybe you were billed for something else which left the GTA money a bit short. If you have online banking now would be a good time to check how much you actually have left.

methwow92
  • methwow92

Peon

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:56 PM

you most likely have less, not sure what account you have but you should check it again, maybe something else has gone out and you are a few quid short or something.. I would check it ASAP

Mark987
  • Mark987

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:00 PM

you most likely have less, not sure what account you have but you should check it again, maybe something else has gone out and you are a few quid short or something.. I would check it ASAP

i checked today around 4 oclock, pretty sure no DD's would have been taken from that time till now, im with Halifax as well. Hopefully its just a matter of Amazon going through loads of orders and their system keeps crashing because of the demand for the same product, thats my theory lol

methwow92
  • methwow92

Peon

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:05 PM

i checked today around 4 oclock, pretty sure no DD's would have been taken from that time till now, im with Halifax as well. Hopefully its just a matter of Amazon going through loads of orders and their system keeps crashing because of the demand for the same product, thats my theory lol

I doubt that is true sorry to tell you :), Amazon is the biggest retailer online and they can handle this GTA "madness" that is happening now easilly... I would call halifax or go down and get a statement from your bank ASAP.. make sure you have over £35 in the account and best of luck

MintBerryCrunch
  • MintBerryCrunch

It's meeeeeee!

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:08 PM

This is from an email I received yesterday from Amazon with the subject "Important Information regarding Your Amazon.co.uk Order":

"No matter when you ordered the game, we don't debit money from your payment card until just before items are dispatched to you"

They're not dispatching til Saturday so why you're being charged now is beyond me. :/

methwow92
  • methwow92

Peon

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:10 PM

This is from an email I received yesterday from Amazon with the subject "Important Information regarding Your Amazon.co.uk Order":

"No matter when you ordered the game, we don't debit money from your payment card until just before items are dispatched to you"

They're not dispatching til Saturday so why you're being charged now is beyond me. :/

maybe they wanted to be nice and send this guys out early but than his bank wouldnt let him.. boy that would suck :D:D:D

Mark987
  • Mark987

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:12 PM

yea i was thinking the same thing, anyway ill go to an atm tomorrow as its 10 past 10 in ireland here and i live in a small town with one bank machine thats in a shop, so ill have to wait until tomorrow

jimbo1a
  • jimbo1a

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:16 PM

I had this email I think it is just pre warning you to make sure you have all the correct bank details and delivery addresses setup or this will affect the delivery date to you.

Blizzards
  • Blizzards

Peon

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:57 PM Edited by Blizzards, 12 September 2013 - 09:59 PM.

They are obviously beginning to process orders ready for dispatch, they wont be able to do every single GTA order on top of casual buyers for thousands of other products they sell in one single day.

I had this email I think it is just pre warning you to make sure you have all the correct bank details and delivery addresses setup or this will affect the delivery date to you.

The OP has already told us he received that email yesterday, but he has just received another today informing him that his card has been rejected.

AzzRicketts
  • AzzRicketts

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:01 PM

I pre-ordered on the 30th, I haven't received any emails regarding payment, all I know is that they will only charge you when the item is being shipped. Give your bank a call, if they can't help then speak to Amazon about it. Best thing to do is tweet them, I got an instant response.

Mark987
  • Mark987

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:30 PM

They are obviously beginning to process orders ready for dispatch, they wont be able to do every single GTA order on top of casual buyers for thousands of other products they sell in one single day.

The OP has already told us he received that email yesterday, but he has just received another today informing him that his card has been rejected.

it hasnt been "rejected" and they did say they were going to try and charge it later again

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users