The reason there are fewer peds than GTA IV

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
84 replies to this topic
Wallsch
  • Wallsch

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:10 PM

I know this is a old debate but I just thought I'd say that Rockstar didn't say anything about being more peds on screen. They said there would be more peds in terms of ped models. 

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:14 PM

I thought there were a decent amount of peds in the game.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:16 PM

There's lots of peds, much more variety and a lot of really good area-specific peds. Still get twins and triplets all the time, though, which we were told wouldn't be the case. Not that I really care, they all have faces to punch. 

sibs44
  • sibs44

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:25 PM

I don't know, I kind of miss recognizable peds, they almost feel like virtual neighbors. 

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:30 PM

I miss this guy, the British grunge dude. He looks and sounds just like one of my RL friends.

personasmex2.jpg

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:30 PM

No, that's not why.

The reason why is because the hardware is 10 years old, and been out for 8.

Liberty City was just as few people... on consoles.

The only living, breathing GTA experience, it doesn't exist on 360 or ps3. They are ghost town games compared to the version you can set how many peds and traffic you want with an "options menu" 

For those who don't know:

An "Options Menu" is where you set up how you would like the game to look. You trade off performance for visuals, and depending on the power of the machine you're running the game on, depends how much you get hit for using the "full look" of the game the developer created.

It's not as convenient as putting a disc in and playing, but it certainly is a higher value.

Sound like some kind of elitist post? Don't hate, and get off my scrotum, because the facts need to be said, and I am NOT sitting back and watching people "assume" and "make sh*t up" just to "explain away" the utter FACT that the machines just are not capable of populating the area - period - the machines cannot support the "max traffic/ped density"

It has nothing to do with game design or lore or "on purpose" and everything to do with HARDWARE LIMITATIONS.

Anyone who saw that "cops:LS" vid, you saw some serious traffic - that will be like that on PC's that can handle it (but not on PC's that cant, nor on consoles)

Oh Brian how I miss you. These forums haven't been the same without you my friend.

Tuskin38
  • Tuskin38

Be Yourself is best advice anyone can give.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:53 PM

Pretty sure rockstar said twice as many MODELS. Meaning more variation in how they looked, not twice as many appearing on the streets.

just-a-spaz
  • just-a-spaz

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 January 2014 - 10:48 PM

Who cares? It looks and runs great!

If they added more pedestrians to the streets, people would be complaining about more pop-in and framerate problems. You can optimize until you're blue in the face, but there are sacrifices that need to be made no matter what!

I remember how blown away I was about Killzone 3's graphics at the time. I just played Killzone Shadow Fall, and my eyes can't believe how massive of an upgrade the visuals are. You see, when Killzone 3 came out, I didn't have anything to compare it to so it looked amazing, but now that Shadow Fall looks 10x better, it's easy to see that they couldn't fit their entire vision into Killzone 3 because of the hardware limitations. By no means is it a bad looking game, but I'm sure there are things they wanted to do that they just couldn't do.

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

a.k.a: BLOOD

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:18 PM

OP,are you for real?,The Peds in GTA 5 are too much for a game on current-gen,especially the Traffic and the amount of cars on the road(even though you might see the same cars on the road due to current-gen console limitations).
GTA 5 is a TECHINAL ACHIEVEMENT.
  • toebidness22 likes this

Ixnay
  • Ixnay

Fait ce que Voudras

• Members

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:19 PM

"Nobody walks in LA"!! - Missing Persons

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:21 PM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 22 January 2014 - 11:21 PM.

I think if the thread was about less peds in GTA Online then i would totally agree with you OP

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:22 PM

I miss this guy, the British grunge dude. He looks and sounds just like one of my RL friends.

personasmex2.jpg

Surprisingly, he also looks quite similar to John Connor in terminator 2 lol. There is even a mod for SA based from this ped texture too.

jatiger13
  • jatiger13

this is fun

• Members

Posted 23 January 2014 - 03:35 AM Edited by jatiger13, 23 January 2014 - 03:39 AM.

Insane ramblings

Oh Brian how I miss you. These forums haven't been the same without you my friend.
Yeah. The forums are better without him. Less insanity.

OT: there is a lot of peds and cars. Especially during morning and afternoon rush

ViceCityStalker
  • ViceCityStalker

Balls Deep Inside Candy Suxxx

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:05 AM

The RAM monster has eaten all the random pedestrians DUH

Bonnano
  • Bonnano

i hate the mexican that screams "f*ck me in the ass"

• BUSTED!
  • North-Korea

Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:12 AM Edited by Bonnano, 23 January 2014 - 04:12 AM.

personasmex2.jpg

There's some debate that this pedestrian model was based on Kurt Cobain. He fits perfectly on the GTA SA timeline.

theworldfamous
  • theworldfamous

all your game are belong to I

• Members

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:26 PM

Nobody noticed the amount is actually variable? I think they just turn up and down the peds and traffic depending on the ram that's available at any point.

Costar
  • Costar

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:59 PM

Hmm,

Few ppl on foot in some parts, more ppl on foot in other parts,

@ 1:35 they should've tried driving till they got to a hill or tunnel, or at least enter the cheat as a last resort! :lol:

I've never been to LA so I cant speak on that but I have seen "cops in LA" and in parts, whilst they're arresting prostitutes, DUI/DWI, I've seen lots of ppl walking the streets, mehhh. They could proly have fewer ppl on foot in "V" for me, as they're so dorky, they all want to leave when you walk into the area. I like peds in IV better, they usually only run away when you pull a gun, fire it.

pilscy
  • pilscy

Don Vito

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:37 PM

Someone slap that fool. Ive never been to l.a. and I can tell they have sh*tloads of ppl walkin around

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

PC Gamer at heart

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:05 AM

http://guidepal.blob...photo100827.jpg

http://violetsage.fi...a-87-of-180.jpg

http://i1.ytimg.com/...xresdefault.jpg

http://i1.ytimg.com/...xresdefault.jpg

Hum... no!!

toebidness22
  • toebidness22

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:15 AM Edited by toebidness22, 24 January 2014 - 01:19 AM.

I've lived in the Los Angeles area my entire life, and I'm in the actual city all the time. L.A./California greatly differ from the east coast of the United States. Our cities are spread out over large areas, everyone here drives to get somewhere, taxi cabs are not common here at all. The only places in L.A. that get lots of people walking about are the tourist attraction areas. Hollywood walk of fame, the Santa Monica Pier, Chinatown, Griffith Park, the beach areas, etc. 

The residential areas are empty by comparison. You'll see lots of cars and traffic, but not loads of pedestrians walking around every where like you would see in New York. 

With that being said, hardware constraints are the principal reason for the lack of peds and traffic in V and IV on consoles. 

• Papi Chulo and ActionBronson like this

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:35 AM

I've lived in the Los Angeles area my entire life, and I'm in the actual city all the time. L.A./California greatly differ from the east coast of the United States. Our cities are spread out over large areas, everyone here drives to get somewhere, taxi cabs are not common here at all. The only places in L.A. that get lots of people walking about are the tourist attraction areas. Hollywood walk of fame, the Santa Monica Pier, Chinatown, Griffith Park, the beach areas, etc. 

The residential areas are empty by comparison. You'll see lots of cars and traffic, but not loads of pedestrians walking around every where like you would see in New York. 

With that being said, hardware constraints are the principal reason for the lack of peds and traffic in V and IV on consoles. 

Exactly.I am sure Next-Gen GTAs would have alot of NPCs (take example the thousands of zombies on Deadrising 3 which is on next-gen) imagine that with a Next-Gen GTA(s).I am sure the 10th Anniversary of GTA 4 in 2018 (2008-2018) it would be remastered for Next-Gen (but that just my thoughts) for a game running on 8 years old hardware GTA 5 have alot of cars on the roads and the NPCs are much aswell.

gen pepsi
  • gen pepsi

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 January 2014 - 07:58 AM

I like that peds are where they would be in real LA. Vinewood blvd is always busy, so is the vespucci-del pedro beachfront.

LightningLord411
  • LightningLord411

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 March 2014 - 04:01 AM

WHHHEEEEEEEEEE

warlord GTAV
  • warlord GTAV

Wizard

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 25 March 2014 - 04:05 AM

this is a locked thread for sure as soon as a mod see this garbage

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Vatican-City
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 25 March 2014 - 04:13 AM

this is a locked thread for sure as soon as a mod see this garbage

You bet.

If you bump a thread, add something worthwhile to the discussion or don't bother bumping at all.

• warlord GTAV likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users