The reason there are fewer peds than GTA IV

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
84 replies to this topic
N7monkey
  • N7monkey

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 04:37 PM

R* bullshat us about the number of pedestrians in IV - remember that hectic trailer with the Philip Glass music and the huge crowds walking down the streets?

Dunno what you mean, i play on PC, and I got all those peds and traffic. If I turn it down, then I can play with ghosttown power like consoles do, but only if I turn it down can I ever play in such a peaceful, empty, lifeless place.

I dunno about that, I play it on 360 and it's plenty populated to me.

HaciSerkanOsman
  • HaciSerkanOsman

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 September 2013 - 04:38 PM

hahaha stupids thread ever..people just wont get there are less peds..

MovieGuy786
  • MovieGuy786

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 04:40 PM

I've been in L.A, and there was a lot of pedestrians.. what are you talking about.

This.

HaciSerkanOsman
  • HaciSerkanOsman

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 September 2013 - 04:42 PM

i dont get why people compare real life videos with gta v. where is the logic? Rockstar could add 10000 more peds. but console cant handle it why ucant get it. It has nothin to do that there are less people in LA

N7monkey
  • N7monkey

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 04:43 PM

Bye, have a wonderful time!  3 more days whoo!

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

British and Proud!

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 04:49 PM

rockstar stated that about a year ago.

LaDispute
  • LaDispute

Los Santos, baby!

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 04:51 PM

hahahahaah this is a joke, i just watched another live stream and there is heaps of peds, Dan Houser himself said these consoles barely had limits for what they wanted to do, consoles can pull of extremely amazing optimisations, i don't get why you can't accept that it really does look as good as they said it does, because it does, game looks amazing i can't wait for the 17th.

Jesse Pinkman
  • Jesse Pinkman

bitch

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 04:51 PM

No. There is the real reason:

Countryside has not as much people as city.

When you being chased by police, there is less people.

This is not New York.

Edward-Is-A-Flunky45
  • Edward-Is-A-Flunky45

Frazy as Cruck

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 04:58 PM Edited by Edward-Is-A-Flunky45, 13 September 2013 - 05:00 PM.

No, that's not why.

The reason why is because the hardware is 10 years old, and been out for 8.

Liberty City was just as few people... on consoles.

The only living, breathing GTA experience, it doesn't exist on 360 or ps3. They are ghost town games compared to the version you can set how many peds and traffic you want with an "options menu" 

For those who don't know:

An "Options Menu" is where you set up how you would like the game to look. You trade off performance for visuals, and depending on the power of the machine you're running the game on, depends how much you get hit for using the "full look" of the game the developer created.

It's not as convenient as putting a disc in and playing, but it certainly is a higher value.

Sound like some kind of elitist post? Don't hate, and get off my scrotum, because the facts need to be said, and I am NOT sitting back and watching people "assume" and "make sh*t up" just to "explain away" the utter FACT that the machines just are not capable of populating the area - period - the machines cannot support the "max traffic/ped density"

It has nothing to do with game design or lore or "on purpose" and everything to do with HARDWARE LIMITATIONS.

Anyone who saw that "cops:LS" vid, you saw some serious traffic - that will be like that on PC's that can handle it (but not on PC's that cant, nor on consoles)

TLDR; I'm an elitist f*cker, and the consoles are sh*t compared to pc's (which at some aspects I agree with him). You can put more traffic on the PC, which is very good. (Crusing Algonquin was so bad with max traffic)

wizwars
  • wizwars

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:00 PM

From the streams I was watching yesterday, pedestrian distribution seems about right for the LA area. It really isn't a walking city, and no, I'm not a tourist, I've lived here for 8 years. I also do not have a car so I often notice the fact when I am walking around that I am sharing the sidewalk with very few pedestrians in some places, especially when compared to New York City.

Areas like Hollywood and the beach are obviously heavily populated by foot traffic, downtown to some extent (though at night parts of downtown become a literal ghost town because LA's nightlife isn't really centered around downtown), but places like South Central, yeah, not many pedestrians milling about. And from everything I've seen of leaked gameplay and streams, this all seems about right. 

Xdropx
  • Xdropx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:14 PM

This isint f*cking LA ITS LOS SANTOS ....ITS ITS OWN WORLD...DOSENT HAVE TO HAVE 100000000 PEDESTRIANS FOR IT TO BE GOOD!! Damn seriously people GEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZ.....If you wanna see people walking around go outside!!!!!!

Thank you

SmokeDat
  • SmokeDat

I want a 'Minaj' w/ Nicki & Iggy

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:17 PM

R* already stated 5x as many peds as IV.

Move along troll.

Blitzkriegboom2
  • Blitzkriegboom2

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:21 PM Edited by Blitzkriegboom2, 13 September 2013 - 05:23 PM.

peds are spawned according to weather, location and time of day its realistic. it was noticed by one of the leaks that vespucci beach had loads of peds

BullworthAcademy.
  • BullworthAcademy.

Mesbian

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:23 PM

Los Angeles is not a town where you see everyone walking around all the time like NYC. It'd be totally unrealistic to see 100000 people walking around the streets of Compton lol. LA is built around the car and spread out.

I live in Los Angeles and I can confirm you are full of crap.

AzzRicketts
  • AzzRicketts

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:25 PM

So now everyone will slit their wrists because there's not as many peds? Fags.

SideburnGuru
  • SideburnGuru

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:28 PM

To the guy who made a huge post, jerking off the PC argument? 

Yeah, there's been games that have tons of peds. Yeah, they were as big as GTA V.  I love GTA, will always support it, but it's not "IT'S DA CONSOLES FAULT. PC IS DA BESTEST. GLORIOUS PC MASTER RACE" entirely. 

It's R* not putting in peds in busy areas of the city, that's what it comes down to. Please, be realistic.

MidWestGrunge
  • MidWestGrunge

Desaparecidos

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:29 PM

I thought the Sasquatch got them. Or vampires.

Samsquanch!

MidWestGrunge
  • MidWestGrunge

Desaparecidos

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:30 PM

hahahahaah this is a joke, i just watched another live stream and there is heaps of peds, Dan Houser himself said these consoles barely had limits for what they wanted to do, consoles can pull of extremely amazing optimisations, i don't get why you can't accept that it really does look as good as they said it does, because it does, game looks amazing i can't wait for the 17th.

Link the stream

zachy
  • zachy

Impatiently Waiting

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:33 PM

The f*ck? That's not why there aren't many peds as R* promised. It's because of the hardware limitations. You have to sacrifice something in order to have the other thing up and running.

In that case i'd rather sacrifice map size to be honest! What's the point of having such a large environment if they aren't going to be filled with much of the stuff?...

f*ck having peds, why does it matter that much? I'll get tired of killing peds quickly, I won't get tired of exploring a new map that I haven't seen all of yet, even after hours and hours of exploration.

I SHADOWFOX I
  • I SHADOWFOX I

Makin' Bacon Pancakes

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:33 PM

Los Angeles is not a town where you see everyone walking around all the time like NYC. It'd be totally unrealistic to see 100000 people walking around the streets of Compton lol. LA is built around the car and spread out.

Have you ever been to LA? By the sounds of it, I'd say no.

Vorpax
  • Vorpax

Hustler

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:35 PM

The f*ck? That's not why there aren't many peds as R* promised. It's because of the hardware limitations. You have to sacrifice something in order to have the other thing up and running.

In that case i'd rather sacrifice map size to be honest! What's the point of having such a large environment if they aren't going to be filled with much of the stuff?...

f*ck having peds, why does it matter that much? I'll get tired of killing peds quickly, I won't get tired of exploring a new map that I haven't seen all of yet, even after hours and hours of exploration.

Thats how you play your game then!...I have a friend, who would rather take his trusty RPG and cause mayhem killing people in an endless spree!...each to his own...

zachy
  • zachy

Impatiently Waiting

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:38 PM

Thats how you play your game then!...I have a friend, who would rather take his trusty RPG and cause mayhem killing people in an endless spree!...each to his own...

Does he needs 1000s of peds all at once? He can't kill that fast. 100 will do, and they will respawn.

LaDispute
  • LaDispute

Los Santos, baby!

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:42 PM

I sick of people acting like they know everything about a game they haven't touched.

Martin Madrazo
  • Martin Madrazo

Prankster

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:42 PM

There were enough people, in Vinewood for example. There are less in Blaine county (more realistic imo)

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

PC Gamer at heart

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:48 PM

I've seen a dog jumping over another dog... I think everyone ran away reason why it's so empty. :monocle:

ekhunter
  • ekhunter

Love Fist

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:54 PM

mmhm and the fact that R* said themselves quite a while ago that there are a lot more pedestrians now.. I guess that's just rubbish.. yeah.. okay.. because in some few seconds of video.. there wasn't 100 pedestrians at the same place.. okay

not numbers of peds, they meant models or peds duR

elite378
  • elite378

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:57 PM

No, that's not why.

The reason why is because the hardware is 10 years old, and been out for 8.

Liberty City was just as few people... on consoles.

The only living, breathing GTA experience, it doesn't exist on 360 or ps3. They are ghost town games compared to the version you can set how many peds and traffic you want with an "options menu" 

For those who don't know:

An "Options Menu" is where you set up how you would like the game to look. You trade off performance for visuals, and depending on the power of the machine you're running the game on, depends how much you get hit for using the "full look" of the game the developer created.

It's not as convenient as putting a disc in and playing, but it certainly is a higher value.

Sound like some kind of elitist post? Don't hate, and get off my scrotum, because the facts need to be said, and I am NOT sitting back and watching people "assume" and "make sh*t up" just to "explain away" the utter FACT that the machines just are not capable of populating the area - period - the machines cannot support the "max traffic/ped density"

It has nothing to do with game design or lore or "on purpose" and everything to do with HARDWARE LIMITATIONS.

Anyone who saw that "cops:LS" vid, you saw some serious traffic - that will be like that on PC's that can handle it (but not on PC's that cant, nor on consoles)

I think most people know this, no need to shove pcs down our throats

Tuniturntablist
  • Tuniturntablist

Ømar DmX

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:04 PM

Nope, the reason is the 8 year old plastic hardware (that many people are worshiping) the game is running on, don't try to find excuses.

koothara
  • koothara

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:15 PM Edited by koothara, 13 September 2013 - 06:17 PM.

Looks like some reply's are intended to start a PC vs console war. I play on PC but it is not a 3000$ monster machine. A PC like mine won't be able to max out GTA IV or V (if it ever came to PC) but a high end machine will provide a great experience, no doubt. As Brian said, console hardware especially X360 is a bottleneck . In my opinion, R* did a great job with the aging hardware. 

Clay33
  • Clay33

Prankster

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:22 PM

Who the f*ck says there are few? Bullsh*t!

ZDrFm.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users