The reason there are fewer peds than GTA IV

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
84 replies to this topic
cmiller4642
  • cmiller4642

Peon

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:28 PM

Los Angeles is not a town where you see everyone walking around all the time like NYC. It'd be totally unrealistic to see 100000 people walking around the streets of Compton lol. LA is built around the car and spread out.

• lizardman563, golf wang, Papi Chulo and 3 others like this

Lurk101
  • Lurk101

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:29 PM

Ok.

Toshio_maxoS
  • Toshio_maxoS

Heisenberg's pal™

• Members
  • Red-Cross

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:29 PM

Aha.

micgrez
  • micgrez

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:30 PM

I've been in L.A, and there was a lot of pedestrians.. what are you talking about.

• stjimmy3 and MovieGuy786 like this

Johnny_Leyenda
  • Johnny_Leyenda

The Crimson Knight

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:30 PM

I thought the Sasquatch got them. Or vampires.

cmiller4642
  • cmiller4642

Peon

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:31 PM

I've been in L.A, and there was a lot of pedestrians.. what are you talking about.

in touristy areas yes there would be more pedestrians but not in south central. And nowhere near the scale of NYC. Everyone walks everyone in NYC it's built for foot traffic. LA is built for car traffic.

• lizardman563 likes this

brian.
  • brian.

Possible Descendant Of Kraff

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:33 PM Edited by brian., 12 September 2013 - 07:36 PM.

No, that's not why.

The reason why is because the hardware is 10 years old, and been out for 8.

Liberty City was just as few people... on consoles.

The only living, breathing GTA experience, it doesn't exist on 360 or ps3. They are ghost town games compared to the version you can set how many peds and traffic you want with an "options menu" 

For those who don't know:

An "Options Menu" is where you set up how you would like the game to look. You trade off performance for visuals, and depending on the power of the machine you're running the game on, depends how much you get hit for using the "full look" of the game the developer created.

It's not as convenient as putting a disc in and playing, but it certainly is a higher value.

Sound like some kind of elitist post? Don't hate, and get off my scrotum, because the facts need to be said, and I am NOT sitting back and watching people "assume" and "make sh*t up" just to "explain away" the utter FACT that the machines just are not capable of populating the area - period - the machines cannot support the "max traffic/ped density"

It has nothing to do with game design or lore or "on purpose" and everything to do with HARDWARE LIMITATIONS.

Anyone who saw that "cops:LS" vid, you saw some serious traffic - that will be like that on PC's that can handle it (but not on PC's that cant, nor on consoles)

• PreciousWall, rjuds82, Irrational and 4 others like this

r34ld34l
  • r34ld34l

PC Gamer

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:34 PM

No, that's not why.

The only living, breathing GTA experience, it doesn't exist on 360 or ps3. They are ghost town games compared to the version you can set how many peds and traffic you want with an "options menu" 

An "Options Menu" is where you set up how you would like the game to look. You trade off performance for visuals, and depending on the power of the machine you're running the game on, depends how much you get hit for using the "full look" of the game the developer created.

It's not as convenient as putting a disc in and playing, but it certainly is a higher value.

Prepare to be raped by console fanboys.

ralf_s
  • ralf_s

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:35 PM

R* bullshat us about the number of pedestrians in IV - remember that hectic trailer with the Philip Glass music and the huge crowds walking down the streets?

D.Dodge
  • D.Dodge

Peon

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:35 PM

I already played it. Killed them all

They're all dead.

• Slave Boy likes this

K1monster
  • K1monster

Hustler

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:37 PM Edited by K1monster, 12 September 2013 - 07:38 PM.

No, that's not why.

BALABLABALLBALBALABLALABLBALBALBALBALALALBALBALBALBABBLABALBALBALBALBLALBALBABLABLALBABLALBABLABLALBABLABLABALBALABLABALABLABALABLABALABLA

It has nothing to do with game design or lore or "on purpose" and everything to do with HARDWARE LIMITATIONS.

Anyone who saw that "cops:LS" vid, you saw some serious traffic - that will be like that on PC's that can handle it (but not on PC's that cant, nor on consoles)

I hope you enjoy the wait for a pc release

brian.
  • brian.

Possible Descendant Of Kraff

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:42 PM Edited by brian., 12 September 2013 - 07:43 PM.

R* bullshat us about the number of pedestrians in IV - remember that hectic trailer with the Philip Glass music and the huge crowds walking down the streets?

Dunno what you mean, i play on PC, and I got all those peds and traffic. If I turn it down, then I can play with ghosttown power like consoles do, but only if I turn it down can I ever play in such a peaceful, empty, lifeless place.

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:43 PM

No, that's not why.

Sound like some kind of elitist post? Don't hate, and get off my scrotum, because the facts need to be said, and I am NOT sitting back and watching people "assume" and "make sh*t up" just to "explain away" the utter FACT that the machines just are not capable of populating the area - period - the machines cannot support the "max traffic/ped density"

I'm  glad you said this in a respectable way that in no way bashes console but simply tell the truth like it is. Everything you said is a fact. Console simply can't support more peds or traffic, just like older PCs can't.

Unfortunately you'll get a lot of console fanboys sh*tting on you because they, like any fanboys, can't stand to see the truth about their object of admiration.

• brian. likes this

A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O

Tell A.W.E.S.O.M.-O all your most personal secrets

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:44 PM

Cool. But LA is busy.. Los Santos is LA. LA is always packed..

• a111, a222, a333 and 6 others like this

Masked_samurai
  • Masked_samurai

f*ck all these hoes get a grip muthaf*cker!

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:45 PM

c2m.gif

Probaly for framerate purposes

• brian. and THE_TREVALEV like this

Zaytsev
  • Zaytsev

Dem n00bs

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:49 PM

There is going to be lots of peds..

Juzt
  • Juzt

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:50 PM

I thought R* said 5 times the amount of peds than 1V at any 1 time?

They lied?

III H1TMaN III
  • III H1TMaN III

The Silent Assassin

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:52 PM

That's stupid. There's butt loads of people walking around in real life in nearly every popular place. 

The hardware is just old and can't handle much. But we won't (I hope) be seeing that problem anymore with next gen.  :)

ralf_s
  • ralf_s

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:54 PM

Dunno what you mean, i play on PC, and I got all those peds and traffic. If I turn it down, then I can play with ghosttown power like consoles do, but only if I turn it down can I ever play in such a peaceful, empty, lifeless place.

As you'll recall, the trailers at the time were for the console versions. The PC version wasn't even confirmed when those videos were shown.

Bowl Erection
  • Bowl Erection

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:01 PM

mmhm and the fact that R* said themselves quite a while ago that there are a lot more pedestrians now.. I guess that's just rubbish.. yeah.. okay.. because in some few seconds of video.. there wasn't 100 pedestrians at the same place.. okay

Ogugua2
  • Ogugua2

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 02:59 PM

@everyone saying it the number of peds has to do with hardware limitations, just watch this video

In L.A. people rather drive than walk, and I guess R* tried to recreate exactly that vibe 

...aaaaaand we haven't seen all of the city yet so its very possible that there are more crowded locations

Murray Bunyan
  • Murray Bunyan

Trick

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 03:02 PM

The f*ck? That's not why there aren't many peds as R* promised. It's because of the hardware limitations. You have to sacrifice something in order to have the other thing up and running.

Punk Noodles
  • Punk Noodles

Playa

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 03:04 PM

Looks pretty crowded in the vids I've seen.

Vorpax
  • Vorpax

Hustler

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 03:05 PM Edited by Vorpax, 13 September 2013 - 03:05 PM.

The f*ck? That's not why there aren't many peds as R* promised. It's because of the hardware limitations. You have to sacrifice something in order to have the other thing up and running.

In that case i'd rather sacrifice map size to be honest! What's the point of having such a large environment if they aren't going to be filled with much of the stuff?...

Murray Bunyan
  • Murray Bunyan

Trick

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 03:09 PM

In that case i'd rather sacrifice map size to be honest! What's the point of having such a large environment if they aren't going to be filled with much of the stuff?...

It's not as bad as you think, it's fairly the amount of what GTA IV had, and GTA IV had the right amount of peds on screen.

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 September 2013 - 03:11 PM

Downtown will be packed if they really tried to recreate LA, everywhere else it's mostly cars with a few people, most of them waiting for the bus.

RX2000
  • RX2000

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 03:13 PM

Nice try OP.

The real reason is that these aging console simply dont have enough power to draw 2938529385 peds onscreen at one time.....

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 03:16 PM

Anyone seen downtown yet?

nuer
  • nuer

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 03:18 PM

There are actually huge amount of people in many areas..

shamalpilot
  • shamalpilot

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 03:51 PM

Could also be the time of day at night there are less peds also it could be they are at work during that time of day

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users