Photo

Amazon US Shipping Out September 17th in Southeast

15 replies to this topic
gtg782x
  • gtg782x

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:16 PM

I got bored and started chatting with Amazon Customer Service rep. Here's the transcript of the chat (i edited out the order number and my address and bolded some important stuff):

Hello,
Here's a copy of the chat transcript you requested:

Initial Question: Hello, I was wondering if you could tell me when this order will be shipped out?

06:30 PM(GMT) Ashwani(CSA): Hello, my name is Ashwani.I'll be happy to help you today.

May I have your order number?

06:31 PM(GMT) gtg782x: ***-*******-*******
06:31 PM(GMT) Ashwani(CSA): Thank you so much for providing me the order number.
Before I look into your account, I need to verify that you're the account holder. Can you tell me the name on your account, your e-mail address, and your billing address, please?
06:31 PM(GMT) gtg782x: gtg782x, *********************Atlanta, GA
06:31 PM(GMT) Ashwani(CSA): Thank you so much for providing me the all information's.
06:32 PM(GMT) Ashwani(CSA): gtg782x, I have searched and its a pre-order. Your Grand Theft Auto V will be release on September 17, 2013 and you will receive your item on the same date. 
06:32 PM(GMT) gtg782x: Thanks you. Would you be able to see when it will be shipped?
06:33 PM(GMT) Ashwani(CSA): Yes, when the item will be release, you will receive your item on the same date. 
06:33 PM(GMT) gtg782x: Ok, thank you. Do you know which carrier will ship it?
06:34 PM(GMT) Ashwani(CSA): gtg782x, I am sorry but we are not able to track through which carrier your order will be deliver because it has not yet shipped out. Once your order shipped out, we will send you a order tracking number. 
We currently use UPS, FedEx, the U.S. Postal Service, and several local carriers for standard domestic shipments, depending on the weight of the package and the distance it has to travel from our fulfillment center.
We use a variety of carriers that we've found provide the best service for our different shipping options. One of these carriers is assigned automatically when we ship your order.
06:35 PM(GMT) gtg782x: ok, thanks for you help
06:35 PM(GMT) Ashwani(CSA): I appreciate your patience in this.
Is there any thing else I can do it for you?
06:36 PM(GMT) gtg782x: no, but i am a little concerned about the one day shipping (released and arriving). Is it guaranteed that it will arrive on the 17th?
06:36 PM(GMT) Ashwani(CSA): Yes, I can confirm you. Your order guarantee delivery date is Tuesday, September 17, 2013. 
06:37 PM(GMT) gtg782x: ok. Thank you for your help
that is all
06:37 PM(GMT) Ashwani(CSA): My pleasure helping you today. You are always welcome and we are always here to help you.
Thank you so much for contacting Amazon.com
Have a wonderful day.

It's not uncommon for Amazon to ship things out and i'll receive them the next day, but I've never had same day delivery. Has me a little worried. The nearest distribution center is in Chattanooga, TN.

...or Ashwani could be dumb as rocks and doesn't know the difference between released and shipped.

Don't flame me, just adding to the piles of info out there.

micgrez
  • micgrez

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:22 PM

"Ashwani could be dumb as rocks and doesn't know the difference between released and shipped."

This.

Aeternam
  • Aeternam

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 12:11 AM

All she said was that the game will be 'released' on 9/17, and you will receive it on 9/17. She didn't say that Amazon will dispatch it on the 17th. I think she was confused between the game's release day, and what you were asking for, which is when Amazon will dispatch (release) it. Don't worry, it has to ship out before the 17th, otherwise there's no way you'd get it in time.

temtam
  • temtam

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 12:20 AM

Ashwani doesn't know a word of english and is using google translate to have a conversation with you. I'm sure it will ship before that.

JoshuaGraham
  • JoshuaGraham

Legate

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 September 2013 - 12:22 AM

Amazon Uk people check your orders some people have had theirs despatched!!

RX2000
  • RX2000

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 12:42 AM

You shoulda just preordered from Gamestop, then you coulda just went down there at midnight & picked that sh*t up. No muss, no fuss...

GTA-Fan-1
  • GTA-Fan-1

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 12:58 AM Edited by GTA-Fan-1, 13 September 2013 - 12:58 AM.

Amazon Uk people check your orders some people have had theirs despatched!!

I have seen that the price for the CE has dropped :)

Skyline_man
  • Skyline_man

GTA V!!

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 02:07 AM

I remember that Amazon shipped my GTA IV copy 2 days before the release date and it was delivered to my US Shop&Ship address on release day, but then it took another 5 days to be delivered to my doorstep here in Egypt.

Hopefully I won't have to wait that long with GTA V, as the store I ordered from here states it will be available on launch day.

Emergency_Room
  • Emergency_Room

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 02:58 AM Edited by Emergency_Room, 13 September 2013 - 02:58 AM.

Honestly I do not see it shipping and you getting it the same day. I don't even think I would and I live in the same zip code as the Chattanooga distribution center.

I would say tomorrow or Saturday it ships if you are getting it release day.

LotusRIP
  • LotusRIP

King of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 03:03 AM

pardon me boy... is that the chattanooga choo choo?

• archiebunker likes this

exe_order_66
  • exe_order_66

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:49 AM

Thank god im just going for the midnight release. all this shipping sh*t is stupid if the store is right next to your house. yadda yadda unless you cannot get a spefic version. i know.

GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY
  • GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY

I'm a little scared of being a slut.

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 September 2013 - 02:19 PM

Chattanooga is six hours away from where I live. I'm actually going there today to drop off a family member. This sh*t better get here.

Fartboxinverter
  • Fartboxinverter

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:56 PM

I'm within 15 minutes of the Chattanooga Amazon facility and I just now got notified that my GTA V preorder is being prepared for shipment. Says my estimated delivery date is 9-20... I'm hoping that's just a generic estimation and not my actual estimation or I will have a tiny bit of a fit on Amazon's ass...  

QuietSundayLibrary
  • QuietSundayLibrary

Abide by God's Glory

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:11 PM

I'm within 15 minutes of the Chattanooga Amazon facility and I just now got notified that my GTA V preorder is being prepared for shipment. Says my estimated delivery date is 9-20... I'm hoping that's just a generic estimation and not my actual estimation or I will have a tiny bit of a fit on Amazon's ass...  

Amazon seems in flux at the moment. From the high demand to an investigation due to early shipments overseas, it's bound to be a harrowing week for Bezos and co.

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:17 PM Edited by blk95ta, 16 September 2013 - 05:21 PM.

mine was shipped from Chattanooga, tn last night and is in Jacksonville, fl now. should be here tomorrow as promised. 

GTAVtracking_zps237eedef.jpg

5HT2a
  • 5HT2a

Trick

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:23 PM

I would recommend calling them. I chatted with some dude who told me that my copy would arrive on the 17th, but after speaking on the phone they were once again able to confirm that it will arrive on the 18th. This is so f*cked up, the one package I ever in my life give a sh*t to receive on time, and Amazon f*cks it up. 

f*ck Amazon, they are done. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users