Photo

Downfall of GTA driving begins now - Car handling/physics discussion

1,265 replies to this topic
kimpan
  • kimpan

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:46 AM

Are you serious now? what other options were there when GTA 3 was released? was it better handling in GTA 2 or what? that makes no sense to me.

Please, continue to tell me how I can't enjoy GTA III because there are better games now on the market. GTA III hasn't got worse just because new games have come out and improved on it, it is still the same game as it ever was and can still be enjoyed just as much as long as your prepared to concentrate on having fun instead of analysing the physics.

What i ment was i dont think there was that mutch to choose from, with the handling way back when it was released, if you play it recently and do enjoy it sure, but you cant expect and old game to have good handling in the car, this is a new game with bad handling wich HAD good handling in GTA 4.

Instead of taking a step forward with the cars they take a step back instead, not sure that would be the case for GTA 3.

Come tuesday, I'm guessing the VAST majority of people will dissagree with you entirely. The driving experience is totally subjective, this isn't GT or Forza. But if you're that convinced that it is worse and you really want them to change it, I'm guessing you won't be buying the game. Because the only opinion that matters in this scenario is your wallets, so tell me, are you going to be buying the game?

I will buy it, but the biggest thing and letdown in my opinion is the driving, and that's the only thing im complaining about, the rest looks awesome, I'm sure the the story and all that will be great.

And no, even if i dont buy the game to proove my dissapointment it won't be changed anyway so why bother, but deep down i hope they do something later on, even if the chance is minimal.

Johan
  • Johan

• The Yardies
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:47 AM

You're right OP, it is completely stupid and looks like an arcade game lol

It's something I'll get used to but it definitely bugs me

Creasy47
  • Creasy47

Bond, James Bond.

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:48 AM

I, too, only have one big complaint: the driving looks terribly arcade-y and doesn't interest me in the slightest.

Romario
  • Romario

Prankster

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:50 AM

I find it funny that everyone that's got the game early have said the driving is great and not at all like MCLA/SR, just a more responsive GTA IV and everyone that hasn't played it say its horrible and exactly like MCLA/SR... lol. Personally I'll wait until I've played it myself until passing judgement.

How dare you not be a retard and make sense in this forum. How dare you.

• KillaDanny and El Tel like this

El Tel
  • El Tel

It's just a ride.

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:09 AM

Are you serious now? what other options were there when GTA 3 was released? was it better handling in GTA 2 or what? that makes no sense to me.

Please, continue to tell me how I can't enjoy GTA III because there are better games now on the market. GTA III hasn't got worse just because new games have come out and improved on it, it is still the same game as it ever was and can still be enjoyed just as much as long as your prepared to concentrate on having fun instead of analysing the physics.

What i ment was i dont think there was that mutch to choose from, with the handling way back when it was released, if you play it recently and do enjoy it sure, but you cant expect and old game to have good handling in the car, this is a new game with bad handling wich HAD good handling in GTA 4.

Instead of taking a step forward with the cars they take a step back instead, not sure that would be the case for GTA 3.

Come tuesday, I'm guessing the VAST majority of people will dissagree with you entirely. The driving experience is totally subjective, this isn't GT or Forza. But if you're that convinced that it is worse and you really want them to change it, I'm guessing you won't be buying the game. Because the only opinion that matters in this scenario is your wallets, so tell me, are you going to be buying the game?

I will buy it, but the biggest thing and letdown in my opinion is the driving, and that's the only thing im complaining about, the rest looks awesome, I'm sure the the story and all that will be great.

And no, even if i dont buy the game to proove my dissapointment it won't be changed anyway so why bother, but deep down i hope they do something later on, even if the chance is minimal.

So you're complaining about the game, expecting them to change it, but you're giving them your money? What incentive do they have to change it if they've already made their profit? Would you buy a car that didn't work, even though you love everything else about it, in the hopes that the manufacturer will change it later?

People will love this game regardless of its minor flaws, just like every other GTA that has been released. This isn't a simulator, perhaps you should lower your expectations and just look forward to playing the game. Insead of judging it by a bunch of leaked videos, why don't you just wait until you play it and then make up your own mind about it, I bet you soon forget about the minor flaws when you're too busy having fun. I'd ask you to come back and let me know if I'm right or not next week, but I'm affraid I'll be having too much fun in LS to be able to pay you any attention.

PoopyCock
  • PoopyCock

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:09 AM

Twigs you f*cking rearded peice of crap turning a corner in a suv at 200mph are you wait you are only 12 years old.. Lmao 200mph in a suv!!

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I see nothing but good things for you my boy.

• Members
  • India

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:13 AM

Why are you guys so bothered about the driving? 90% of you said the driving in IV was bad and the arcadey driving in SA etc was better and now when the driving looks arcadey you guys say it looks like sh*t? Who the hell cares about the driving anyways, this is GTA not a driving simulator.

kimpan
  • kimpan

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:27 AM

So you're complaining about the game, expecting them to change it, but you're giving them your money? What incentive do they have to change it if they've already made their profit? Would you buy a car that didn't work, even though you love everything else about it, in the hopes that the manufacturer will change it later?

People will love this game regardless of its minor flaws, just like every other GTA that has been released. This isn't a simulator, perhaps you should lower your expectations and just look forward to playing the game. Insead of judging it by a bunch of leaked videos, why don't you just wait until you play it and then make up your own mind about it, I bet you soon forget about the minor flaws when you're too busy having fun. I'd ask you to come back and let me know if I'm right or not next week, but I'm affraid I'll be having too much fun in LS to be able to pay you any attention.

Driving is a big part of the game, but it's not everything there is. I will spend money on it because i can hopefully enjoy other parts of the game that doesen't concern driving. So what you are saying is like, if you buy a box of candy, you like the milk chocolate but there is dark chocolate there (wich you don't like) wouldn't you buy it anyway? That's why I am buying it, because hopefully i can enjoy other parts of it.

Reshe
  • Reshe

Warchief of the True Regiment

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:29 AM

OH MY GOD I DONT LIKE NEW THINGS SO ROCKSTAR SHOULD CHANGE EVERYTHING BECAUSE I'M PAYING $60 OUT OF THEIR MULTI-MILLION PROFIT

Get out, nothing anybody says at this point will change the game and it's the cold hard truth, so the only thing to do is keep looking like a jackass or leave.

Ronrollin9434
  • Ronrollin9434

Grotti Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:31 AM

Repost, but whatever:

The driving in GTA IV wasn't perfect, but it was (from what I've seen from leaks) a lot closer to ideal GTA driving than what I've seen in GTA V.

GTA V looks like a Midnight Club derivative. The cars drive like boxes. It's hard to explain. They also bounce off of cars on the road instead of crushing into them. I don't get why they nerfed car damage so much? Because of car customization and buying cars? Who cares, that's what car insurance is for...

Car damage and car handling are the major problems right now. Especially the lack of car damage.

And to anyone who wants to respond - Yes, I'm buying the game, not cancelling pre-order so f*ck off.

snacker111
  • snacker111

GTA

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:37 AM

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF ITS PATCHABLE? WE NEED TO GET R* TO PATCH IT NOW!

Ronrollin9434
  • Ronrollin9434

Grotti Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:40 AM Edited by Ronrollin9434, 14 September 2013 - 03:41 AM.

And for f*cks sakes. Honestly, people who are raging about people giving their opinions parroting the same bullsh*t like "why are you buying the game then" are so f*cking retarded. Address the topic at hand from a different perspective. The driving is arcadey but could be worse. Cars don't' damage that well, but it could be worse. I'm not f*cking cancelling the pre-order of a game I've waited two years for just because I don't like the driving/damage. That doesn't make any f*cking sense.

So stop pretending like it's so hard to understand that just because someone sees something in the game that they're concerned about that they won't buy the f*cking game. It's not so f*cking black and white.

Also, if I can be frank, driving is just something Rockstar should try to get right when it comes to GTA. They can f*ck up almost anything else and get away with it, but driving is arguably the single most important mechanic in the game. They should try to get it right.

• PreciousWall likes this

El Tel
  • El Tel

It's just a ride.

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:44 AM

Driving is a big part of the game, but it's not everything there is. I will spend money on it because i can hopefully enjoy other parts of the game that doesen't concern driving. So what you are saying is like, if you buy a box of candy, you like the milk chocolate but there is dark chocolate there (wich you don't like) wouldn't you buy it anyway? That's why I am buying it, because hopefully i can enjoy other parts of it.

All I'm saying is that I think your expectations are too high and that you'd enjoy the game more if you stopped worrying about the physics and just waited to find out for yourself. Let me point out that I am a huge fan of Formula 1 and play the game with no driver aids and manual transmission and that I expect that game to be realistic because it is a simulator, but this doesn't mean I expect the same from GTA. I know that the game will not be realistic but I still manage to have a lot of fun driving in all of the GTA games I've played because it doesn't need to feel real to be fun. It might seem strange to people that I can overlook these flaws but I have more fun because of it, instead of being dissapointed by my expectations not being met.

As for the candy situation, no, I wouldn't buy something if I had no need for part of it. I'd just find a product that I can actually enjoy without wasting some of my money. I find it hard to justify buying things I have no use for.

Honestly, I think you'd have a lot more fun with the game if you lowered your standards and just accept the game for what it is. As for V being worse than IV, I refuse to pay any attention to other peoples opinions on the matter until I am behind the wheel (controler) of a car myself. Is there a possibility that I will think it is worse than IV? Sure, I'm not a blind fanboy, but I think the possibility is very low indeed.

Romario
  • Romario

Prankster

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:45 AM

And for f*cks sakes. Honestly, people who are raging about people giving their opinions parroting the same bullsh*t like "why are you buying the game then" are so f*cking retarded. Address the topic at hand from a different perspective. The driving is arcadey but could be worse. Cars don't' damage that well, but it could be worse. I'm not f*cking cancelling the pre-order of a game I've waited two years for just because I don't like the driving/damage. That doesn't make any f*cking sense.

So stop pretending like it's so hard to understand that just because someone sees something in the game that they're concerned about that they won't buy the f*cking game. It's not so f*cking black and white.

Also, if I can be frank, driving is just something Rockstar should try to get right when it comes to GTA. They can f*ck up almost anything else and get away with it, but driving is arguably the single most important mechanic in the game. They should try to get it right.

Joined 6 daus ago.

Didn't read.

Racer__X
  • Racer__X

@DeejayJeanP

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:47 AM

Everything thing this guy said.

Racer__X
  • Racer__X

@DeejayJeanP

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:49 AM

Joined 6 daus ago.

Didn't read.

6th post in two days talking about when the poster has joined and not reading it, to sound cool.

Motherfvcker you havent been here long neither and you don't have the right to judge people by their join date.

Perrinzki
  • Perrinzki

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:53 AM

Yeah, sucks that the casual gamers who will play the game for a week and then go back to COD have ruined the game for proper GTA fans who CAN drive and would play for many years.

I'll have to load up GTA4 whenever I enter a vehicle. :/

I know mate its sad times to be a gta fan atm...

I'm sorry but what the actual f*ck? R*'s delivering one of the finest, most-polished, fluid and well-presented not only GTA game but any game this gen, and you're saying it's "sad times to be a GTA fan atm" just because you assume driving is bad. And also you're saying this even though you haven't played it yet?

JustOneMonth
  • JustOneMonth

Griefer? Better Call Saul!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:59 AM

ejeceg.jpg

Just... The game isnt even out yet, and streamers are saying it is the same as GTA IV but more fluid, only difference beeing there IS finaly a difference between sports cars and normal cars. Thats it.

Loxley
  • Loxley

This member is no longer active.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:01 AM

herp derp stop complaining about the Auto in Grand Theft Auto, since when was cars important to gta. All it matters that it looks good, f*ck gameplay noob

The V forums have boiled down to this and its pathetic. Though, I agree whole heartedly that we don't need same 400 topics a day about how bad the car handling and physics are. At lease wait to the games officially released. You only damage your argument with these mass wave of crappy threads.

Bonnano
  • Bonnano

i hate the mexican that screams "f*ck me in the ass"

• BUSTED!
  • North-Korea

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:06 AM

I hated the driving in IV, the cars were way too top heavy and the suspension was too soft... no matter what car it was.. 

You are a f*cking idiot

And you are a c*nt.

Perrinzki
  • Perrinzki

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:18 AM

I'm actually surprised I haven't seen this posted yet. There are armor upgrades for the vehicles so the chassis is tougher and capable of taking more damage. Imo, this explains why in some of the videos when someone crashes at high speeds the car doesn't take as much damage as other cars from someone else.

WarJag
  • WarJag

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:22 AM

I'm actually surprised I haven't seen this posted yet. There are armor upgrades for the vehicles so the chassis is tougher and capable of taking more damage. Imo, this explains why in some of the videos when someone crashes at high speeds the car doesn't take as much damage as other cars from someone else.

Even in random vehicles that get stolen, I hardly see damage. The handling is also too 'arcadey' as well.

P2FX
  • P2FX

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:25 AM

I think it's not that bad. Judge by this clip the physics still looks reasonable.

GTA_dog
  • GTA_dog

Est. 93

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:27 AM

I actually enjoyed the physics in IV, I didn't enjoy them in MCLA. GTA really changes the idea though. The driving just felt too arcady in MCLA and videos that I've seen seem to have the same feel. Either way, I know I will enjoy V regardless of the "improved" physics.

xzxxsicko
  • xzxxsicko

Homie

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:33 AM

IMO this is the downfall of R* . i never knew i will say this but saints row 4 has better driving .

boxmonster
  • boxmonster

Disinformation Agent

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:34 AM

Is it me or did the physics in the first couple trailers look better?

3qUy.gif

I mean that blue car doesn't look like it has the mass of the planet Jupiter and you can see weight shifting on other the cars.

dyount96
  • dyount96

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:38 AM

Damage and handling look perfectly fine in the livestreams. Cars getting hit by trains get demolished. 

GTA_dog
  • GTA_dog

Est. 93

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:57 AM

After watching more gameplay videos, I've decided the driving physics are actually quite outstanding. We're in for a big surprise!

OneFlaw
  • OneFlaw

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 05:14 AM Edited by OneFlaw, 14 September 2013 - 05:15 AM.

People are really gonna cancel GTA V pre-order because the driving isn't quite what they want?, You people don't deserve GTA V then if that's the only reason you're canceling. I'm fine with it, since I'll get use to the new Mechanics anyways. When I played SR The third I thought the cars had way too much acceleration and stop but I stuck with it and got use to it.

EDIT: Also who's to say the SUV Wasn't modified?

Agni
  • Agni

#WeeabooPower

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 September 2013 - 05:39 AM

I agree OP...to see R* destroy the soul of this game, the driving, just becase a bunch of 12-year-olds on forums complained...it's a sham. A pure sham.

Unfortunately, I can't cancel my pre-order, so I'll just have to take the game and cry inside everytime I get in a car.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users