Photo

Downfall of GTA driving begins now - Car handling/physics discussion

1,265 replies to this topic
McVities
  • McVities

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:01 AM

I find it funny that everyone that's got the game early have said the driving is great and not at all like MCLA/SR, just a more responsive GTA IV and everyone that hasn't played it say its horrible and exactly like MCLA/SR... lol. Personally I'll wait until I've played it myself until passing judgement.

• Romario likes this

stumbows
  • stumbows

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:09 AM

oh my god... just out of the blue, 2001 is the year you were born? That would explain a lot.

Yet he joined the forum in 2008. So he was 7?!!!! Where the hell is his parents cause they need an ass kicking for that sh*t.

liesch
  • liesch

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:10 AM

another nodick bitching about driving. lmfao

kimpan
  • kimpan

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:17 AM

I don't think there will be a patch to fix this broken sh*t, and if it would they wouldnt do it. 

Thebull94
  • Thebull94

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:22 AM

Not gonna BS, the driving looks fine and fun (Arcadey with a touch of GTA IV) but f*cking patch that car damage. For every video I see of decent car damage I watch 5 other leaks of a guy taking 8 minutes to destroy a car, crash into walls and cars top speed repeatedly and only have the bumper fall off or a scratch appear. Its f*cked up, dunno why they changed it. Reminds me of Saints row (1) car damage).

Also on a side note anyone got any shark gameplay / hunting?

Mcquiz
  • Mcquiz

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Estonia

Having the car accelerate from 0-60 in 3 seconds on sand isn't just responsiveness like you fanboys claim.

lunishidd
  • lunishidd

Rat

• Members

I don't think there will be a patch to fix this broken sh*t, and if it would they wouldnt do it. 

For anyone not satisfied with the driving, I can assure you that there will be mods to "fix" this. Don't worry.

ZZCOOL
  • ZZCOOL

http://www.youtube.com/user/taltigolt

• Members
  • Sweden

New GTA V driving gameplay!

tumblr_lq6gheaZkW1qaxo2mo1_500.gif

i have a feeling this will turn into a think of it being compared to crazy taxi i have seen it being mentiond several times now

PotatoTheftAuto
  • PotatoTheftAuto

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:26 AM Edited by PotatoTheftAuto, 14 September 2013 - 12:27 AM.

Lol, someone nailed it

Driving looks just like Crazy Taxi now!

I knew I've seen it before somewhere.

Rockstar dem sneaky bastards, stealing physics from such an old game and thinking no one will notice.

I'm reporting the ripoff to SEGA right now

• JamesDeaconUK likes this

josephene123
  • josephene123

No

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:32 AM

The more I see, the more I'm disappointed with this aspect of the game. The driving still looks, to me - very arcadey and the handling, acceleration and braking looks really dumbed down and more than just 'a less boaty feeling' But that's all I can tell from afar (though I don't see why I need to play the game myself before I think it's bad that a muscle car or something can accelerate 0-60 in 3 or 4 seconds), and it could feel totally okay.

But the crashing is messed, and quite frankly it DOES need a patch. I've seen about 3 or 4 videos now of people in cars which haven't even been upgraded, TRYING to wreck the vehicle and make it smoke or make it set on fire, but only been able to do it through 5-10 minutes of non stop high speed crashing. Even in sports cars it's the same, even when shooting the vehicle with a shot gun or pistol to the engine. And even though sometimes you get the inconsistent wheel flying off another car after a crash, most of the time it looks (from low quality video, mind) like there was hardly any impact. Why did they change the crashing thing from IV? What is the point of upgrading the armor of your car when unless you try to destroy it through long periods of time, it's basically a tank? Especially in SUV vehicles. 

Verdant
  • Verdant

Boomshine Blowout

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:36 AM Edited by GtaOutKast, 14 September 2013 - 12:53 AM.

From the looks of leaked videos I've seen. I personally believe the driving looks fine. They may have taken some Midnight Club driving elements, but I'd say it has the 'GTA touch' in this game. Although, I have to play the game to see what it's fully like.

EDIT: I just saw Omnifarious's review on the driving, my worries are completely gone now.

http://gtaforums.com...entry1063288423

kimpan
  • kimpan

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:06 AM Edited by kimpan, 14 September 2013 - 01:09 AM.

For anyone not satisfied with the driving, I can assure you that there will be mods to "fix" this. Don't worry.

Then it would be for the PC and not console users, sadly. There is no fix in this, we just gotta accept this fact. It is what it is.

Drakeulah
  • Drakeulah

African American gang member

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:12 AM

WHY DO YOU IDIOTS WANT YOUR CAR TO BLOW UP AFTER A COUPLE OF CRASHES?  GO GET IN YOUR CAR AND DRIVE AROUND AND TRY TO BLOW IT UP BY CRASHING IT!! SEE IF IT WORKS.

A.Cash
  • A.Cash

Let off some steam, Bennett!

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:27 AM

OP is born in 2001 meaning he is 12. Yeah, f*ck off back to the nursery kid

snacker111
  • snacker111

GTA

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:27 AM Edited by snacker111, 14 September 2013 - 01:28 AM.

PLEASE SIGN THIS PETITION IF YOU WANT ROCKSTAR TO CHANGE THE PHYSICS/HANDLING

https://www.change.o...andling-physics

Drwho94
  • Drwho94

Time Disruption

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:29 AM

This guy has never driven a real car before. Even at speed. 

super_slav
  • super_slav

Fo Shizzle

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:33 AM

GTA IV had perfect handling, why change it?

bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:35 AM

lol "It's important because..."  That's too funny.

I love the driving in GTA IV too, but it's not THAT important.

Also, I was going to sign it, but I seriously need to fill out that other crap as well?

DarkFalcon95
  • DarkFalcon95

Thug

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:35 AM

Petitions being made and most of the people haven't even played the game? Really guys. People who are playing it are saying the driving is great. In a few days when the game comes out I expect many threads saying how they were wrong about the driving.

SesameStPimp
  • SesameStPimp

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:42 AM

How can anyone complain about handling and physics when they're driving a car with a game controller?

sly1286
  • sly1286

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:45 AM

I find it funny that everyone that's got the game early have said the driving is great and not at all like MCLA/SR, just a more responsive GTA IV and everyone that hasn't played it say its horrible and exactly like MCLA/SR... lol. Personally I'll wait until I've played it myself until passing judgement.

Its funny how you know who exactly played it And who not.
Im Playing it for about 5 h now. The Game is just Amazing , Everyone Must be impressed like i am.
BUT there is One Thing ... Unfortunately its a very Basic And important aspect of this Game . Driving And damage definetely downgraded...Cars have absolutely no weight or mass... They can be moved And turned like toys..Thats a Big dissappoitment.! Especially Sport Cars are Really funny...but i cant laugh...im crying. Driving a Bike is simply IMPOSSIBLE , it moves like....a piece of paper . Drifting by Using the handbrake like in iv also IMPOSSIBLE , Thats Really sad, r* have to Patch it... It Ruins this Really wunderful Game . Everything Else is just Perfect , grafics... Framerate ( for this Old sh*tty consoles)
, missions , Music , Map , just wunderful , Thats the only reoson i continue Playing it And try do Deal with the Car physics And damage .
Now i know , GTA iv had the f*ckin best physic And damage System Ever made for an Open world Game

El Tel
  • El Tel

It's just a ride.

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:46 AM

Do you really think R* will pay attention to a petition that can only accuratly be completed by people who have obtained the game illegally? If you really want them to create a patch, don't buy the game until they adress the issue. Giving them your money and then bitchiing about the game is not going to get you anywhere.

Either way I think this is hilarious. I'm guessing 85% of people complaining will eat their words when the game comes out and the remaining 15% will have wasted their money on a game that they will hate because they're too concerned with realistic driving.

My stance on the situation? GTA III handling was terrible, yet it did not impede my fun with the game. I expect V with have it's flaws with driving also but I'm going to have a blast with this game.

So carry on people. And feel free to quote me and tell me how deluded I am for accepting this because I could do with a few more laughs at your expense.

• klacey likes this

GM Inc
  • GM Inc

Get Money Industries

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:49 AM

the downfall was IV that suspension was to bouncy

kimpan
  • kimpan

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:50 AM Edited by kimpan, 14 September 2013 - 01:56 AM.

Do you really think R* will pay attention to a petition that can only accuratly be completed by people who have obtained the game illegally? If you really want them to create a patch, don't buy the game until they adress the issue. Giving them your money and then bitchiing about the game is not going to get you anywhere.

Either way I think this is hilarious. I'm guessing 85% of people complaining will eat their words when the game comes out and the remaining 15% will have wasted their money on a game that they will hate because they're too concerned with realistic driving.

My stance on the situation? GTA III handling was terrible, yet it did not impede my fun with the game. I expect V with have it's flaws with driving also but I'm going to have a blast with this game.

So carry on people. And feel free to quote me and tell me how deluded I am for accepting this because I could do with a few more laughs at your expense.

Are you serious now? what other options were there when GTA 3 was released? was it better handling in GTA 2 or what? that makes no sense to me.

makchamp
  • makchamp

Taxi Driver

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:56 AM

God people whining are so f*cking dumb. YOU NEED TO PLAY THE GAME BEFORE YOU CAN JUDGE IT.

El Tel
  • El Tel

It's just a ride.

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:59 AM

Are you serious now? what other options were there when GTA 3 was released? was it better handling in GTA 2 or what? that makes no sense to me.

Please, continue to tell me how I can't enjoy GTA III because there are better games now on the market. GTA III hasn't got worse just because new games have come out and improved on it, it is still the same game as it ever was and can still be enjoyed just as much as long as your prepared to concentrate on having fun instead of analysing the physics.

kimpan
  • kimpan

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:06 AM

Please, continue to tell me how I can't enjoy GTA III because there are better games now on the market. GTA III hasn't got worse just because new games have come out and improved on it, it is still the same game as it ever was and can still be enjoyed just as much as long as your prepared to concentrate on having fun instead of analysing the physics.

What i ment was i dont think there was that mutch to choose from, with the handling way back when it was released, if you play it recently and do enjoy it sure, but you cant expect and old game to have good handling in the car, this is a new game with bad handling wich HAD good handling in GTA 4.

Instead of taking a step forward with the cars they take a step back instead, not sure that would be the case for GTA 3.

El Tel
  • El Tel

It's just a ride.

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:13 AM

What i ment was i dont think there was that mutch to choose from, with the handling way back when it was released, if you play it recently and do enjoy it sure, but you cant expect and old game to have good handling in the car, this is a new game with bad handling wich HAD good handling in GTA 4.

Instead of taking a step forward with the cars they take a step back instead, not sure that would be the case for GTA 3.

Come tuesday, I'm guessing the VAST majority of people will dissagree with you entirely. The driving experience is totally subjective, this isn't GT or Forza. But if you're that convinced that it is worse and you really want them to change it, I'm guessing you won't be buying the game. Because the only opinion that matters in this scenario is your wallets, so tell me, are you going to be buying the game?

Utopian Cynicism
  • Utopian Cynicism

Previously Known as: Telektoniks

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:28 AM

Whiners always win.

So true! Maybe I'm doing this wrong...!  :beerhat:

podyx
  • podyx

Money Maker

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:31 AM