» «
Photo

Downfall of GTA driving begins now - Car handling/physics discussion

1,265 replies to this topic
Tupiz
  • Tupiz

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:01 PM Edited by Tuomaz_, 05 October 2013 - 03:42 PM.

Now when I have actually played V, I can say that the handling is not so good.

Every car now handles exactly the same, except some are faster, some slower. Handling is WAY too sensitive and fast, I can't even cruise slowly to enjoy the sights and I just can't enjoy the driving. There's no suspension either. And the motorcycle handling, it's just... horrible. Automatic counter-steer? Are you kidding me R*?

Better handling would make the game just perfect.

patrikje
  • patrikje

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:08 PM

Just very simple, GTA V car handling was a dissapointment.

To me it was fun to drive cars in GTA IV, they felt very dynamic, I liked the boaty behavior(how it is apparently called), things like stopping distance over and understeering it all played a big role. I was looking forward to putting the boaty cars to the test in San Andreas, finally driving outside the city.

But GTA V...

I was first dissapointed in the first mission, driving on a road in mid winter but I didn't feel anything, I was playing NFS :/  And it stayed the same altroughout the game, well, getting worse as the driving skill bar filled up. Bikes sincerely are terrible, Big Rigs was my first thought while driving them. And boats, also stiff and very compliant to anything I tell it to do. All in all, to me everything feels dumbed down. 

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:10 PM

Boats are better in this game than any other GTA. I love the Jet Skis.

jagcivtec
  • jagcivtec

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:41 AM

From playing the game, not watching videos, I can say they totally f*cked up the driving to the point where the game feels cheap.  

Proletariat
  • Proletariat

Vice City ain't a Nice City

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:15 AM

They're never going to do a patch, so get over it, stop complaining and adjust to the new physics like everyone else!

It only takes a few minutes to get used to the new driving and once you do you won't wanna go back to IV's flawed, slippery driving. 

Sure, idiots who want everything spoon fed to them will "get used to it" and somehow that will convince them that it is amazing.  As for the rest of us who don't play games for the thrill of "getting used to it" will have to wait for VI, or perhaps a new developer who won't crumble under the pressure of people who suck at games.

Stop acting like you're a pro at games. When you have to prove your dick is bigger on an online forum cause you think you can drive in a video game, you probably don't get laid as often you should be getting.

• The Wooden Mask likes this

TotalNo0b
  • TotalNo0b

total noob

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 05:22 PM Edited by TotalNo0b, 09 October 2013 - 05:25 PM.

the driving is amazing. I'm a driving sim fan, I'm not too bad at Gran Turismo indeed... GTA is not a driving sim, but it does simulate the feel of driving. Do you know dem feels? It has a sense of momentum and speed. I used to play Midnight club 3 dub edition way back in the day, and to me it has a bit of that feel, but far more nuanced and dynamic.

I have also come to understand, the amount of traction had to be chosen to balance the vehicles for all terrain types. I'm the kind of person that will jump over a mountain rather than take the road around, even if it is slower and I end up on my roof. I have a blast barreling down the sides of hills and launching off jumps and fishtailing around like crazy. They have made the handling the way it is so that players like me can get up to stupid antics and still have some control over the vehicle. I'm not a noob, but I like to be reckless. The game allows you to be reckless without too much punishment. That is what made the driving of previous GTA games such a blast

to add to this, I was a pretty serious pilot on the combat simulator IL2 sturmovik. That game was fairly hardcore. Again, the flying in GTA5 is not like a simulator, but it captures the feel of flying. I just did a jet deathmatch and I'm slightly disappointed that my previous skills weren't useful and I lost badly :p if anything, the planes could be tweaked to fly faster and not make such tight turns. That is my only complaint regarding the vehicles

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users