Photo

Downfall of GTA driving begins now - Car handling/physics discussion

1,265 replies to this topic
Gigabomber
  • Gigabomber

Infinite Ammo Amorous

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:39 PM

It's not like MCLA. If you have doubts, download the MCLA demo, play it, and watch the video again.

• sufferblind86 likes this

helresa
  • helresa

Public Security Section 9

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:40 PM

Confirmed MCLA physics 100%, i just witnessed a video of GTA V where a SUV can turn faster then a smart car, grats whiner who can't drive in IV for ruining the game.

What the hell is a smart car? I know what a smart tv is... 

This is a smart Car

320px-Smart_Car%2C_are_they_easy_to_park

May not look much, but it small light and has a Mercedes Benz turbocharged engine.... many times I've had to slow down pulling off to stop me from running into motorbikes

sufferblind86
  • sufferblind86

Exploring Los Santos.

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:41 PM

It's not like MCLA. If you have doubts, download the MCLA demo, play it, and watch the video again.

Yeah, I bought MCLA about a week ago, just to try it out in case V was just like it. 

In MCLA you peel out by tapping the gas. V looks smooth and great so far.

abigor115
  • abigor115

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:43 PM

I just watched all of the driving videos and... Wow! :/

They like totally ditched IV's handling and too MC:LA's handling as a replacement and I am going to be honest: It is complete and utter sh*t! Rockstar listened only to the morons bitching about IV's handling and basically said: f*ck personality, forget weight, forget realistic steering response! Lets take MC:LA's handling, tweak it a tee bit, and put it in V. Don't give a damn if people wanted physics with personality. Lets take the RAGE engine and downgrade the driving to make it suitable for inexperienced children

I'm f*cking disappointed, I don't even know if I'll be able to enjoy even the sexiest car in this game because it might handle like way too responsive arcadey sh*t!

/rant, I'll shut up now and just wait for the game but I am pissed. 5 years for sh*t handling?

Good post, completely agree bud someone talks sense atleast

i agree too...  :whuh:

Same

+1 i agree too......what a shame......its looks like Wipeout game

• -MB- and JamesDeaconUK like this

notgonlie
  • notgonlie

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:44 PM

Very disappointed with the few leaks also. IMO GTA 4 driving was its greatest feature. It really took some skill to master and felt very realistic. I don't even mess with racing games because they don't give off that raw street racing feeling GTA 4 does. I remember kids complaining about the driving when 4 was released saying how tough it was.

To find out they dumbed it down for 5 would be sad. Like everyone is saying don't judge until you play it but damn that SUV clip straight up turned around like bumper car and the white supercar straight up had no traction at all as it swerved back and forth at top speed. Hopefully adjusting handling and what not helps a bit but keeping the gta 4 driving physics combined with gta5's cars and customization would have been its best bet.

I will still play the living sh*t out of this game. Just hope not to be driving on an ice rink while doing it.

• -MB-, JamesDeaconUK and jatiger13 like this

RockStarG
  • RockStarG

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:47 PM

Did you know if you shake a Chinese person really hard for 30 seconds they speak perfect english!?

"Dun bowww kung wowww unggg gawww.... What the hell ya shakin me for ya crazy son of a bitch!!!"

• Jameson312 likes this

MintBerryCrunch
  • MintBerryCrunch

It's meeeeeee!

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:47 PM

THANK YOU Rockstar for listening to the fans and making driving in GTA fun again. I'm now even more hyped!  :r*:

• davetopper likes this

ActionBronson
  • ActionBronson

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:49 PM

I would say you're an over-reacting, whiny crybaby , but you probably already know this.

Seems like trying to convince OP of anything would yield the same results as trying to get a crackhead not to smoke crack.

The Wooden Mask
  • The Wooden Mask

Morag Tong Leader

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:50 PM

I don't understand why people are fliping sh*t over little vidoes not even a minute long. Wait till you have the damn game till you assume and make asses of yourselves.

jimbos0013
  • jimbos0013

PANATHINAIKOS A.C.

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:51 PM Edited by jimbos0013, 12 September 2013 - 07:52 PM.

Did you know if you shake a Chinese person really hard for 30 seconds they speak perfect english!?

"Dun bowww kung wowww unggg gawww.... What the hell ya shakin me for ya crazy son of a bitch!!!"

lol wut????

The Wooden Mask
  • The Wooden Mask

Morag Tong Leader

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:52 PM

I would say you're an over-reacting, whiny crybaby , but you probably already know this.

Seems like trying to convince OP of anything would yield the same results as trying to get a crackhead not to smoke crack.

^This

jimbos0013
  • jimbos0013

PANATHINAIKOS A.C.

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:53 PM Edited by jimbos0013, 12 September 2013 - 07:54 PM.

edit by me  

The Wooden Mask
  • The Wooden Mask

Morag Tong Leader

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:55 PM Edited by The Wooden Mask, 12 September 2013 - 07:56 PM.

The Wooden Mask, on 12 Sept 2013 - 12:50 PM, said:snapback.png

I don't understand why people are fliping sh*t over little vidoes not even a minute long. Wait till you have the damn game till you assume and make asses of yourselves.

so you telling us not to criticize or discuss what we have seen?

Im telling you not to flip over it, people are like worshiping the leaker and flipping out over every little thing. The OP doesn't realize how idiotic he is for starting this topic. Just read the topic name, and you'll see what im getting at

Powner811
  • Powner811

Snitch

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:55 PM

2h58upd.jpg

Redwood Cigarettes
  • Redwood Cigarettes

The R★ Games Collector.

• Angels of Death MC
  • England

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:56 PM

If you've seen one of jsticks latest videos showing the white sports car driving around Los Santos it looks pretty 'on the rails' MC style handling there to me.

The Wooden Mask
  • The Wooden Mask

Morag Tong Leader

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:57 PM

edit by me  

And you deleted your entire post why?

jimbos0013
  • jimbos0013

PANATHINAIKOS A.C.

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:58 PM

Im telling you not to flip over it, people are like worshiping the leaker and flipping out over every little thing. The OP doesn't realize how idiotic he is for starting this topic. Just read the topic name, and you'll see what im getting at

im not flipping over. i see your point dude. no hard feelings :D

The Wooden Mask
  • The Wooden Mask

Morag Tong Leader

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:59 PM

Thanks, i take back what i said then ^.^ Good day man

jimbos0013
  • jimbos0013

PANATHINAIKOS A.C.

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:00 PM

Thanks, i take back what i said then ^.^ Good day man

You too brother :)

novesori
  • novesori

Car Enthusiast

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:01 PM

In the Video it looks like the Suspension would be really hard. I don't know if I will like it, I liked the IV handling very much.

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:04 PM

This really pisses me off.

Yes, the driving in IV had changed dramatically from previous GTA games, but unlike most of you lazy f*ckers, I learned to adapt. And once you had mastered the physics, it made the driving much more fun and skillful.

But thanks to lazy whiner's, the driving in V is just going to be a boring, unrealistic let down. Well done. Now go give yourselves a pat on the back for ruining it for the rest of us.....

• MagicNarcosis, JamesDeaconUK, jatiger13 and 1 other like this

DA-FUNK-5555
  • DA-FUNK-5555

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:07 PM

Personally I feel there are 3 types of driving in videos games. 1.Gran Turismo 2. All other video games that require driving a car. 3. Tiger Woods.

Nothing comes close to GT because that is what makes that game. it is less of an arcade game and more of a simulator. All other driving in video games should be considered as BS.

NikoB_in_the_house
  • NikoB_in_the_house

Bitches Get Stitches

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:08 PM

whaah, i cry and complain like a little bitch over a game i've never played. so many people here are annoying as f*ck. acting like entitled little c*nts over something that they have yet to even really experience. ffs 

LaDispute
  • LaDispute

Los Santos, baby!

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:15 PM

You morons, he was swerving on purpose in that white car, use your f*cking brains jesus christ.

• ScottishHeist123 and klacey like this

bigwalker
  • bigwalker

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:27 PM

I loved the driving in GTA IV, I believe it was the best part of that game and you could pull off high speed turns and 180's once you mastered the weight and control of the cars but if R* have changed the handling I will be slightly disappointed but I just hope and pray the vehicle damage isn't ruined. I wanna throw cars around and see them crumple. I can bear arcadey NFS like driving but if the damage is ruined I'll be very disappointed

Luckily the shooting, walking, wildlife etc all look great

• JamesDeaconUK likes this

abigor115
  • abigor115

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:35 PM

people will be so disappointed......i just watch stream gameplay in HD and boy this driving and "damage" is weak......i just can't wait and see this forum explode after 17 september.....and the key words will be "patch" 

MidWestGrunge
  • MidWestGrunge

Desaparecidos

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:37 PM

Yeah, sucks that the casual gamers who will play the game for a week and then go back to COD have ruined the game for proper GTA fans who CAN drive and would play for many years.

I'll have to load up GTA4 whenever I enter a vehicle. :/

Wow, you whiners are seriously pathetic. I'm fine with the new driving engine, but I guess that doesn't make me a "proper" GTA fan. From what I see, most people actually prefer the driving in this game.

I see that everybody is riding this game like a horse

ArcherTheGreat
  • ArcherTheGreat

Master Chief's Backseat Driver

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:46 PM

You have no clue don't you? Grand Theft Auto is a franchise CENTERED around cars and more specifically, driving ! So the aspect that Rockstar is focusing on is the best and most satisfying experience in driving.

Grand Theft Auto IV was NOWHERE near that experience. Driving was clumsy, steering was difficult and maneuvering around slow moving traffic was a nightmare. The controls felt stiff and undesirable.

Grand Theft Auto V aims to fix this very matter by giving us a better experience when driving, closing in to real life. Acceleration is more realistic, and even though cars are more durable, the experience has been delivered.

• Adecool, davetopper and ScottishHeist123 like this

Lanzfeld113
  • Lanzfeld113

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:47 PM Edited by Lanzfeld113, 13 September 2013 - 05:48 PM.

Just played it my neegas and I can say handling is pure crap.

Thanks Cockstar for f*cking up the game.

Now the 4 year olds can mash the accelerator and yell "weeeeeeeeeee I'm beating the game !!!"

Last sh*t I buy from Cockstar.

Martin Madrazo
  • Martin Madrazo

Prankster

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:48 PM

You saw how it drives, but you didn't 'feel' it yourself. Try the game on the 17th.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users