» «
Photo

Downfall of GTA driving begins now - Car handling/physics discussion

1,265 replies to this topic
Victor Sulivan
  • Victor Sulivan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:40 PM Edited by Victor Sulivan, 16 September 2013 - 04:41 PM.

I really hope we can choose to use the handling from this cheat (the link) online as THAT is how I want to race online.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=X3A8fZ4wpBM

Do you guys reckon there IS a day 1 patch sorting out the non cheat GTA V (saints row) handling and physics? I'm sure R* are having a laugh with us. 

If anything I think that the normal GTA V handling and physics (the saints row crap), I think THAT should be a cheat. It could be called 'I'm sh*t at driving and understanding physics' or something. It's like the 'go-kart' handling cheat. 

Thank god for the 'gta 4/'slidey car' cheat though. That cheat has saved the game and I aint joking!! - I had lost faith completely but this cheat has got my hype back up to the 100% mark which for this title it should be.

How can you be serious that cheat just makes the awful looking driving look even worse. Anyway we'll find out in a few hours what the driving is like. I'm just not expecting it to be any good lacking any sort of challenge and skill.

SickboyGNi
  • SickboyGNi

I.T Security

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:46 PM

f*ck me, that looks sh*te, I've watched a lot of footage now and it looks very like they've sucked the driving life out of GTA, the f*cking fools. 1.4 seconds to stop a f*cking motorbike from near top speed, while turning the handlebars hard left!? See this is what happens when CockStar listen to PS3 & Xbox Wankers.

esato
  • esato

Thug

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:48 PM

I really hope we can choose to use the handling from this cheat (the link) online as THAT is how I want to race online.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=X3A8fZ4wpBM

Do you guys reckon there IS a day 1 patch sorting out the non cheat GTA V (saints row) handling and physics? I'm sure R* are having a laugh with us. 

If anything I think that the normal GTA V handling and physics (the saints row crap), I think THAT should be a cheat. It could be called 'I'm sh*t at driving and understanding physics' or something. It's like the 'go-kart' handling cheat. 

Thank god for the 'gta 4/'slidey car' cheat though. That cheat has saved the game and I aint joking!! - I had lost faith completely but this cheat has got my hype back up to the 100% mark which for this title it should be.

How can you be serious that cheat just makes the awful looking driving look even worse. Anyway we'll find out in a few hours what the driving is like. I'm just not expecting it to be any good lacking any sort of challenge and skill.

Yeah, that driving cheat let the driving too much slidey... more then GTAIV driving... well, AT LEASR, i hope a middle term between IV and V.

Or, like i've said before, two driving options on menu.

ceIozzip
  • ceIozzip

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:49 PM

f*ck me, that looks sh*te, I've watched a lot of footage now and it looks very like they've sucked the driving life out of GTA, the f*cking fools. 1.4 seconds to stop a f*cking motorbike from near top speed, while turning the handlebars hard left!? See this is what happens when CockStar listen to PS3 & Xbox Wankers.

you're so right, at least nobodies forcing you to play the game, huh? as soon as it arrives tomorrow you can send it straight back AND get your money back! win-win!

esato
  • esato

Thug

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:49 PM Edited by esato, 16 September 2013 - 04:52 PM.

Man, I play on PS3 and I HATED the V actual driving physics.

Don't be this type of person, the console haters.

SickboyGNi
  • SickboyGNi

I.T Security

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:56 PM

So you've played it? and really, what's it like?

esato
  • esato

Thug

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:03 PM

Next Flatout damages:

http://www.youtube.c...mQbUJiEax8#t=37

• Blue_spiky likes this

esato
  • esato

Thug

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:06 PM

So you've played it? and really, what's it like?

Well, HATED is a strong word, but i don't liked, the car turns too easily, and in some ramps, it floats like in IV. But, at least, it's not exactly what we have on MCLA (thank god!).

About the damages, well, you need to really, really crash the car to have some good results in visual terms, but is "ok", not like the driving.

Powner811
  • Powner811

Snitch

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:08 PM

I have no problem with driving, kinda reminds me of GTA SA. Its basically a mix of realism and arcadish driving, which i dont care about, game is fluid and fun. f*ck the haters! 

Thebull94
  • Thebull94

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:09 PM

you're so right, at least nobodies forcing you to play the game, huh? as soon as it arrives tomorrow you can send it straight back AND get your money back! win-win!

You really are pussy whipped from Rockstar huh?

just-a-spaz
  • just-a-spaz

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:32 PM

Only a few more hours to go and then we'll see if it really is as bad as people say!

I Luke
  • I Luke

UGHH..

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:35 PM

All those idiots calling watch dogs bad because of driving.. Haha, eat up.

Besides, it's not even bad.

• Ferocious Banger likes this

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:36 PM

Only a few more hours to go and then we'll see if it really is as bad as people say!

You`d better buy an anti-idiot hat, cos all hell will break loose when it is actually out. All the morons nitpicking anything not GTA 4..esque, or any small upset of whatever status quo they think it exists...

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:49 PM

I just heard that vehicles do NOT move to the slight little nudges of the L-stick, as they would in IV.

I am disappointed at that; but is it true though?

• Boxman108 likes this

uboaaaa
  • uboaaaa

I'm afraid we've reached an impasse.

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:50 PM

I've been playing V for a few hours now, and the driving physics are awesome; so much better than IV's.

abigor115
  • abigor115

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:12 PM

I've been playing V for a few hours now, and the driving physics are awesome; so much better than IV's.

Hahahahaha !!!!!!!!! sorry but what????? i play Crazy Taxi now and physics are fantastic

sesamtamam
  • sesamtamam

Cu*t

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:46 PM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=prlHHYMWkM0

Rest our case..

Victor Sulivan
  • Victor Sulivan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:01 PM

just watched that cvg video where they drive from one side of the map to the other still think it looks off.

GKP
  • GKP

Homie

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:22 PM

I just heard that vehicles do NOT move to the slight little nudges of the L-stick, as they would in IV.

Is this true or not ?!!!! someone !!!

Agni
  • Agni

#WeeabooPower

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:48 PM

"having no suspension"

Look, idiots, you just don't see suspension woking the way they do in GTA IV in real life. I always find the "GTA IV SO REALISTIC" to be a wee bit amusing. Cars do not sway like that always. Period. Especially not at very low speeds.

By that logic, Forza and GT games are not simulators, for they do not have cars that sway, right?

Edit: When you switch to the hood-cam view, you can see the car reacting to every single bump on the road. Suspension still works, albeit less visually than in IV.

Forza and GT are not simulators. They're mildly realistic but compared to a real PC sim like RFactor or Iracing, they're pure arcade titles.

Mr Brightside
  • Mr Brightside

Look CJ, NITRO

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:37 AM Edited by Mr Brightside, 17 September 2013 - 02:42 AM.

So.....

Is anyone ready yet to join me in laughing at this thread?

I hope now more of you have played it you agree that this thread is a load of nonsense the the clown that made it should be hounded from this forum.

He's whipped up a frenzy and hysteria over this despite not even playing the game and basing an opinion on a f*cking visual rather than feeling it in real life and those that who had (myself) continually said the handling was awesome especially when using the inside the car camera angle, you can see the suspension etc then even more.

Twigs2001 should be in hiding. He should be ashamed to play this utter masterpiece of a game. He has no right to.
  • xXGst0395Xx likes this

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:13 AM

"having no suspension"

Look, idiots, you just don't see suspension woking the way they do in GTA IV in real life. I always find the "GTA IV SO REALISTIC" to be a wee bit amusing. Cars do not sway like that always. Period. Especially not at very low speeds.

By that logic, Forza and GT games are not simulators, for they do not have cars that sway, right?

Edit: When you switch to the hood-cam view, you can see the car reacting to every single bump on the road. Suspension still works, albeit less visually than in IV.

Forza and GT are not simulators. They're mildly realistic but compared to a real PC sim like RFactor or Iracing, they're pure arcade titles.

So GTA IV>Forza and GT? :lol:

Anyway, someone confirm this please

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

MASTER OF IMPROVISATIONAL COMBAT.

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:16 AM

Just like anything else in life.  If you don't like it...SEND IT BACK.

melonfarmerz
  • melonfarmerz

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:20 AM

"Cockstar" "Xbox Wankers" I honestly expected a mature or at least semi decent argument from someone who joined in f*cking 06

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:21 AM

"Cockstar" "Xbox Wankers" I honestly expected a mature or at least semi decent argument from someone who joined in f*cking 06

Maybe that is their sisters login.

iN31L
  • iN31L

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:27 AM

Next Flatout damages:

http://www.youtube.c...mQbUJiEax8#t=37

This looks awfully unrealistic lmao. 

elkevin369
  • elkevin369

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:30 AM

The driving is fine. The car damage is what urks me about this game. I've had it for almost a full day now, and I still can't get over the vehicle damage. 

• HiddenStreet likes this

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:33 AM

Do you people order food at a restaurant and then if the food tastes bad, eat the whole meal, go home, log onto foodnetwork.com and bitch about it...If the answer is no then stick to that formula.  If the answer is yes then STFU.

HiddenStreet
  • HiddenStreet

Super Villain

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:36 AM

Shut up, ugotsmoked. The only thing more pathetic than someone bitching... is someone who relentlessly bitches about people bitching.

For crying out loud, watch this god damn video, and try to sit there and tell me that car damage hasn't been nerfed significantly:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=prlHHYMWkM0

Definitely expecting a patch sooner or later to fix this. Even casual gamers on Facebook/YouTube have picked up on this flaw and are complaining non-stop.

elkevin369
  • elkevin369

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:36 AM

Do you people order food at a restaurant and then if the food tastes bad, eat the whole meal, go home, log onto foodnetwork.com and bitch about it...If the answer is no then stick to that formula.  If the answer is yes then STFU.

People have the right to complain. You can't expect this game to be a masterpiece in any regard. This game was probably one of Rockstar's biggest "experiments", if you want to call it that. They hit most nails right on the head in my opinion. I can live with semi-realistic driving and unrealistic vehicle damage. This reminds me of people complaining about the lack of planes in IV.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users