» «
Photo

Downfall of GTA driving begins now - Car handling/physics discussion

1,265 replies to this topic
CryptReaperDorian
  • CryptReaperDorian

Boss

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:00 AM Edited by CryptReaperDorian, 16 September 2013 - 07:06 AM.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=X3A8fZ4wpBM

Click link to see a cheat which puts GTA IV handling back into GTA V instead of the sh*te saints row handling and physics. 

Please note he PURPOSELY slides the car around but straight away you can see body roll, suspension, traction, weight etc etc...

There is hope!!! I just hope its a patch for day 1 release because that is the type of handling that I want (you can FEEL the vehicles again!!! phew!!)

It looks like R* definitely has some foresight! :^:

Now, here comes the complaints that it's a cheat rather than a menu option. :dozing:

Also, it looks like the damage physics are still about the same.  The deformation resistance is MUCH stronger though.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:13 AM

Now the people who want IV handling have a cheat so everybody should be happy. Personally I don't want to slide all over the place but to each their own. R can even put a patch so that it won't disable achievements so everybody can be satisfied.

sesamtamam
  • sesamtamam

Cu*t

• BUSTED!
  • North-Korea

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:14 AM

Now the people who want IV handling have a cheat so everybody should be happy. Personally I don't want to slide all over the place but to each their own. R can even put a patch so that it won't disable achievements so everybody can be satisfied.

The cheat doesn´t make the handling anywhere near like GTAiv

• Sirpepperoni and Blue_spiky like this

CryptReaperDorian
  • CryptReaperDorian

Boss

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:15 AM

I believe the cheat possibly gives even more loose handling than GTA IV, but I think people will appreciate the extra challenge.  I'll definitely mess around with it, but I won't save the game after using cheats (just kind of an "honor" thing for me).  Well, at least not on my main save anyways.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:17 AM

I believe the cheat possibly gives even more loose handling than GTA IV, but I think people will appreciate the extra challenge.  I'll definitely mess around with it, but I won't save the game after using cheats (just kind of an "honor" thing for me).  Well, at least not on my main save anyways.

That is why R should allow achievements with this specific cheat. It can easily be done and it can please both people who want slidey handling and people like me who love the new handling the way R intended it. 

Sirpepperoni
  • Sirpepperoni

Trick

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:24 AM Edited by Sirpepperoni, 16 September 2013 - 07:25 AM.

The cheat doesn´t make the handling anywhere near like GTAiv
Mrkovacs right, it just makes the cars slide.. Hence why it's called the slidey cheat.

It would be alright if we could slide like that online, would make for some fun with mates.
  • boxmonster likes this

repgreek
  • repgreek

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:26 AM

Again, this topic is an abomination.

the lowest of the low are in here arguing over inconsequential sh*t. Pathetic loser nerds. Go outside and breathe some fresh air and stop worrying about car damage.

esato
  • esato

Playa

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:37 AM

I don't use cheats.

I want a option on the menu!

• Blue_spiky likes this

esato
  • esato

Playa

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:40 AM

Again, this topic is an abomination.

the lowest of the low are in here arguing over inconsequential sh*t. Pathetic loser nerds. Go outside and breathe some fresh air and stop worrying about car damage.

Can you read the thread title?

"

Downfall of GTA driving begins now."

We're talking about driving physics, not car damage.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:43 AM

I don't use cheats.

I'm starting to believe bitching is in you people's nature.

esato
  • esato

Playa

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:05 AM

I don't use cheats.

Do you use cheats on your main playthroug?

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:08 AM

I don't use cheats.

Do you use cheats on your main playthroug?

I used cheats in San Andreas because hunger was a terrible mechanic.

You take what you get.

esato
  • esato

Playa

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:21 AM

So, cause I don't like to use cheat am I a bitch?

TomH999
  • TomH999

Leeds

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:22 AM

Supports LUFC.
Explains a lot.
  • Mr Brightside likes this

uboaaaa
  • uboaaaa

I'm afraid we've reached an impasse.

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:22 AM

V's driving is better and more realistic. No argument.

/thread

atix
  • atix

Peon

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:24 AM

Driving in GTA IV was like driving a boat. 

Make a turn at 10 KM/H, THERE GOES THE CAR trying to fly off the suspension... Yeah so realistic...

Just embrace the game, adapt and have fun.

The game is SO damn vast, yet you are nitpicking about this crap, not only that, most of the ppl complaining about it haven't even tried it themselves...

Geeteeaifive
  • Geeteeaifive

Andrew

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:44 AM

Click link to see a cheat which puts GTA IV handling back into GTA V instead of the sh*te saints row handling and physics. 

Please note he PURPOSELY slides the car around but straight away you can see body roll, suspension, traction, weight etc etc...

There is hope!!! I just hope its a patch for day 1 release because that is the type of handling that I want (you can FEEL the vehicles again!!! phew!!)

Now, here comes the complaints that it's a cheat rather than a menu option. :dozing:

Also, it looks like the damage physics are still about the same.  The deformation resistance is MUCH stronger though.

Looks a lot better, but it's sliding too much, only vehicles like mustangs who got enough rpm to overspin the wheels and not enough traction would be like that if u floored the pedal from stand still. Waiting for day 1 patch.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:47 AM

Looks a lot better, but it's sliding too much, only vehicles like mustangs who got enough rpm to overspin the wheels and not enough traction would be like that if u floored the pedal from stand still. Waiting for day 1 patch.

Dude, trim your sig or something, it makes me feel like a terrible human being, cause I burst out laughing every time I read it.

abigor115
  • abigor115

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:03 AM

V's driving is better and more realistic. No argument.

/thread

i agree with you 100%........im 11 year old and i know  that it's possible to take corners in 180 mph!!!!!! without any problems at all !!!!!!   I played a lot of Crazy Taxi and i know that  it's possible...... so i think that GTA5 is realistic

Mr Brightside
  • Mr Brightside

Look CJ, NITRO

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 12:01 PM

How many people who have actually played the game are complaining about the driving? Seriously I want to see if there are any......

Not many I bet which makes the whole thing amazingly ironic.
The driving is brilliant and so realistic. I can't wait to see the reaction of this thread come tomorrow/Tuesday.
Pardon the pun, but it's a complete car crash.
You are a complete troll, having no suspension is ever so realistic! as is a faggio claiming a mountain the same as a sanchez! LOL!

Only a few hours to go until everyone points and laughs at you.

Should be used to that anyway being a Leeds fan.
  • McVities likes this

Tikhung
  • Tikhung

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 September 2013 - 12:08 PM

Hope there is day one patch...

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 16 September 2013 - 12:10 PM Edited by Ferocious Banger, 16 September 2013 - 12:12 PM.

"having no suspension"

Look, idiots, you just don't see suspension woking the way they do in GTA IV in real life. I always find the "GTA IV SO REALISTIC" to be a wee bit amusing. Cars do not sway like that always. Period. Especially not at very low speeds.

By that logic, Forza and GT games are not simulators, for they do not have cars that sway, right?

Edit: When you switch to the hood-cam view, you can see the car reacting to every single bump on the road. Suspension still works, albeit less visually than in IV.

vfgfgdf
  • vfgfgdf

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 12:16 PM

Please fix the driving, this is disgusting. Looks like saints row which is bullchit. I have cancelled my preorder and will probably buy the game used as it looks crap so far in the YouTube videos. Also, what was the point of making a large map when your cars handle like chit? I will have to run or cycle across the map as I don't want to drive the pos cars. If you set it to GTAIV handling with stiffer suspension that will be perfect.

GTAV = FAIL.

vfgfgdf
  • vfgfgdf

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 12:19 PM

Also, don't bother with DLC vehicles. Most won't buy these due to handling and the driving physics.

GTAaLEX117
  • GTAaLEX117

Cynical Optimist

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 12:24 PM Edited by GTAaLEX117, 16 September 2013 - 12:25 PM.

"having no suspension"

Look, idiots, you just don't see suspension woking the way they do in GTA IV in real life. I always find the "GTA IV SO REALISTIC" to be a wee bit amusing. Cars do not sway like that always. Period. Especially not at very low speeds.

By that logic, Forza and GT games are not simulators, for they do not have cars that sway, right?

Edit: When you switch to the hood-cam view, you can see the car reacting to every single bump on the road. Suspension still works, albeit less visually than in IV.

I completely agree, the body sway and poor traction on all of the IV cars was far from realistic. 

@vfgfgdf  You made an account a few minutes ago just to complain about the driving? Trolls these days...

• Ferocious Banger likes this

davetopper
  • davetopper

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:53 PM

I am glad I am not down river from some of you people, I would be drowning in your tears. 

ralf_s
  • ralf_s

Thug

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:58 PM

Please fix the driving, this is disgusting. Looks like saints row which is bullchit. I have cancelled my preorder and will probably buy the game used as it looks crap so far in the YouTube videos. Also, what was the point of making a large map when your cars handle like chit? I will have to run or cycle across the map as I don't want to drive the pos cars. If you set it to GTAIV handling with stiffer suspension that will be perfect.

GTAV = FAIL.

So much judgement based on watching some YouTube videos... Maybe you should play the game before condemning it.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:04 PM

I don't use cheats.

That is why R should just make it so that this particular cheat doesn't affect anything in the game including achievements and saves. It can easily be done. It would not really be a cheat anymore. If people still complain they are just natural whiners.

adrien1988
  • adrien1988

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:00 PM

I don't use cheats.

That is why R should just make it so that this particular cheat doesn't affect anything in the game including achievements and saves. It can easily be done. It would not really be a cheat anymore. If people still complain they are just natural whiners.

i want this too.

gta5freemode4eva
  • gta5freemode4eva

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:33 PM

I really hope we can choose to use the handling from this cheat (the link) online as THAT is how I want to race online.

Do you guys reckon there IS a day 1 patch sorting out the non cheat GTA V (saints row) handling and physics? I'm sure R* are having a laugh with us. 

If anything I think that the normal GTA V handling and physics (the saints row crap), I think THAT should be a cheat. It could be called 'I'm sh*t at driving and understanding physics' or something. It's like the 'go-kart' handling cheat. 

Thank god for the 'gta 4/'slidey car' cheat though. That cheat has saved the game and I aint joking!! - I had lost faith completely but this cheat has got my hype back up to the 100% mark which for this title it should be.

• boxmonster likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users