Photo

Downfall of GTA driving begins now - Car handling/physics discussion

1,265 replies to this topic
Mr Brightside
  • Mr Brightside

Look CJ, NITRO

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:09 PM

What a bunch of spoilt little assholes in this thread.

Completely shameful and utterly embarrassing especially as the majority crying haven't even played the game yet.
  • ILOVELOUDPACKS and HeavilyArmedX like this

uboaaaa
  • uboaaaa

I'm afraid we've reached an impasse.

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:13 PM

The driving looks so much more enjoyable and realistic in V. And I love how vehicles swerve out of the way when you're in the oncoming lane. Gonna be such a great game.

https://www.youtube....h?v=gaP97kl-KBY

ILOVELOUDPACKS
  • ILOVELOUDPACKS

I'm your pusher

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:14 PM

lol how did this thread even get popular? First of all it's far from the downfall of driving for gta v. IT IS THE SAME AS IV WITH BETTER GRIP. watching people drive on gta v i've seen them spin out and flip their cars due to the handling not being arcadey like everyone seems to think.i know tomorrow night when the game comes out there will be threads about how everyone was wrong and the driving is great.

• Mr Brightside and uboaaaa like this

somedude224
  • somedude224

Brody

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:15 PM

Yeah, youre right, it is unrealistic. Oh wait, who gives a flying f*ck because its a video game. If you dont like the physics, go download rigs and rods or some sh*t, its a game not a driving simulatof

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:15 PM

lol how did this thread even get popular? First of all it's far from the downfall of driving for gta v. IT IS THE SAME AS IV WITH BETTER GRIP. watching people drive on gta v i've seen them spin out and flip their cars due to the handling not being arcadey like everyone seems to think.i know tomorrow night when the game comes out there will be threads about how everyone was wrong and the driving is great.

It got popular because we are humans and we are filled with hate.

Mr Brightside
  • Mr Brightside

Look CJ, NITRO

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:18 PM Edited by Mr Brightside, 15 September 2013 - 11:18 PM.

The reaction to this thread in the next few days when everyone realises the driving feels superb is going to be priceless. :D

Victor Sulivan
  • Victor Sulivan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:20 PM

Completely shameful and utterly embarrassing especially as the majority crying haven't even played the game yet.

You don't need to play the game to see how much they have simplified the driving, in the gameplay videos the cars don't seem to have any sense of weight, and the steering looks way to sensitive. People have a good reason to be annoyed if one of the most important features in the game has been butchered to look like the same level we had 8 years ago.

• JamesDeaconUK likes this

Mr Brightside
  • Mr Brightside

Look CJ, NITRO

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:23 PM

You don't need to play the game to see how much they have simplified the driving, in the gameplay videos the cars don't seem to have any sense of weight, and the steering looks way to sensitive. People have a good reason to be annoyed if one of the most important features in the game has been butchered to look like the same level we had 8 years ago.

I've played the game since Friday and I'm telling you, the driving is superb.

Victor Sulivan
  • Victor Sulivan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:25 PM

Thats good to hear, the game looks stunning. Just curious did you like the driving in gta 4?  

Mr Brightside
  • Mr Brightside

Look CJ, NITRO

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:28 PM Edited by Mr Brightside, 15 September 2013 - 11:29 PM.

Thats good to hear, the game looks stunning. Just curious did you like the driving in gta 4?
Didn't mind it to be honest. But this feels so much more realistic.

And I say this as someone who has been a driver for nearly 10 years.

ILOVELOUDPACKS
  • ILOVELOUDPACKS

I'm your pusher

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:29 PM

lol i just don't believe in complaining about something you saw in a video.everyone should play the game and if they happen to hate it by all means never play it again. i watched the jsticks leak of franklin driving or w/e the f*ck his name is and i admit i was disappointed. but after watching enraged cinema leaks all day yesterday in 720p i can see that i'm gonna play the sh*t out of this amazing game for a long time.

IMr_SmithI
  • IMr_SmithI

Nigga rich productions

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:31 PM

Imo making the driving like this(minus the Spider-Man sh*t) is a good thing especially as the cops are much more intelligent and hardcore. This way you'll get long police chases and sh*t instead of clipping something insignificant, spinning out and causing a pile up. IV's driving was ok but didn't like the way the cars would sway at the top and wobble.
Looks like in V the 180 and slam into reverse manoeuvre will be easy to do

But why not allow the player to learn how to avoid the police themselves, instead of simplifying the mechanics? It's a free roaming game after all, it's not like we're exactly short of time when it comes to learning the ropes.

I think the learning curve is now more escaping police than trying to handle cars on ice. I can play IV no probs when driving but it can be frustrating. This way the police chases will be more high speed. FYI I've not seen or played V. I'm goin by comment here. I'm sure they will patch it and find some middle ground but tbh it's kinda pointless bitching about it cos the game will rock. Reading some of the stuff here make me embarrassed to be a gamer of 30 years. We were never like this back in the day...spoilt brats spring to mind! This isn't directed at you communist.

Victor Sulivan
  • Victor Sulivan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:31 PM

If I was you i'd be busy playing GTA V 

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:32 PM

lol i just don't believe in complaining about something you saw in a video.everyone should play the game and if they happen to hate it by all means never play it again. i watched the jsticks leak of franklin driving or w/e the f*ck his name is and i admit i was disappointed. but after watching enraged cinema leaks all day yesterday in 720p i can see that i'm gonna play the sh*t out of this amazing game for a long time.

I know, watching Enraged Cinema all day for the past 2 days eliminated all my doubts for the game, can't say the same for the whiners who keep linking sports cars all day every day and ignore the sh*t with the normal cars (Mus b coincidinc)

• ILOVELOUDPACKS likes this

ILOVELOUDPACKS
  • ILOVELOUDPACKS

I'm your pusher

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:35 PM

I know, watching Enraged Cinema all day for the past 2 days eliminated all my doubts for the game, can't say the same for the whiners who keep linking sports cars all day every day and ignore the sh*t with the normal cars (Mus b coincidinc)

lol i don't get it and i loved the driving in gta iv.

Mr Brightside
  • Mr Brightside

Look CJ, NITRO

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:35 PM

Unfortunately due a medical condition, I can only play for about 90 mins at a time.

Hence the reason I'm on and off here.

TheKDogg
  • TheKDogg

K.Dogg

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:37 PM

Nice damage btw Rockstar ^^
ixDWLSgZGYKaU.gif

I love how you idiots base the car damage and handling off of certain videos, but completely ignore other equally relevant videos that prove otherwise with different cars, like ...You know, real life.
It's this boring ass game that costed your father the price of your mother's services.
You'd make a great politician.
Oh so because there are other instances where a car after numerous high speed crashes has been affected in a more substantial way, this is not evidence to show something is wrong?

Come on. Look at this. First he crashed into a car (only scratches registered), then, he crashed head on into a concrete wall, and NOTHING HAPPENED. PLEASE don't tell me you see nothing wrong with this. It's a s p o r t s car.

You really need to look around for driving videos outside those GIFs, man.

You mean like this one 
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=prlHHYMWkM0

I would post links and GIFs and sh*t to try and get this into your head ...
But I don't think I'll be getting anywhere.

Dude post some links rather than give it all talk, I REALLY want to see a video where the physics are good looking. I've watched about 20 videos and all I've seen regardless of character or car being used is saints row like driving physics. They told us they were improving them, not simplifying them, we have been misled and are rightfully angry!

All you guys disagreeing with us can just f*ck off now, you are just fueling a flame war by disagreeing with us for no reason other than the fact you don't want to admit that rockstar has f*cked up, just look how many people are up in arms about the cartoony physics. So many of us! You think everyone of us just has a wrong opinion by coincidence?! NO!! They f*cked up, and people are angry. I am a massive gta fanboy but there is no f*cking way I can ignore the atrocity that they have committee by messing with the physics to turn the game into wacky racers.

THIS !!!!

These Rockstar fanboys make me LAUGH and ANGRY at the SAME TIME ! Can you actually believe that?

I really love Rockstar, they are amazingly talented.

But because of people who do not even have 50% talent in driving in games ... we all have to suffer!!

And its not just ON THE FORUMS here that people are to some extent depressed, sad, angry and confused. Its the whole worldwide gaming community. Check every GTA IV / GTA V related video or article! Everybody is shocked!

I MYSELF have tried to talk myself into liking the new driving mechanics .. but then I see some ugly ass turn or stop and im like: Oh God please no .. WHAT WAS THAT ?!

And please .. all you fanboys talking about sh*tty videos .. there are LONG videos in FULL HD. f*ck outta here.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:44 PM

ixDWLSgZGYKaU.gif

I love how you idiots base the car damage and handling off of certain videos, but completely ignore other equally relevant videos that prove otherwise with different cars, like ...You know, real life.
It's this boring ass game that costed your father the price of your mother's services.
Oh so because there are other instances where a car after numerous high speed crashes has been affected in a more substantial way, this is not evidence to show something is wrong?

Come on. Look at this. First he crashed into a car (only scratches registered), then, he crashed head on into a concrete wall, and NOTHING HAPPENED. PLEASE don't tell me you see nothing wrong with this. It's a s p o r t s car.

You mean like this one 

Dude post some links rather than give it all talk, I REALLY want to see a video where the physics are good looking. I've watched about 20 videos and all I've seen regardless of character or car being used is saints row like driving physics. They told us they were improving them, not simplifying them, we have been misled and are rightfully angry!

All you guys disagreeing with us can just f*ck off now, you are just fueling a flame war by disagreeing with us for no reason other than the fact you don't want to admit that rockstar has f*cked up, just look how many people are up in arms about the cartoony physics. So many of us! You think everyone of us just has a wrong opinion by coincidence?! NO!! They f*cked up, and people are angry. I am a massive gta fanboy but there is no f*cking way I can ignore the atrocity that they have committee by messing with the physics to turn the game into wacky racers.

THIS !!!!

These Rockstar fanboys make me LAUGH and ANGRY at the SAME TIME ! Can you actually believe that?

But because of people who do not even have 50% talent in driving in games ... we all have to suffer!!

And its not just ON THE FORUMS here that people are to some extent depressed, sad, angry and confused. Its the whole worldwide gaming community. Check every GTA IV / GTA V related video or article! Everybody is shocked!

I MYSELF have tried to talk myself into liking the new driving mechanics .. but then I see some ugly ass turn or stop and im like: Oh God please no .. WHAT WAS THAT ?!

And please .. all you fanboys talking about sh*tty videos .. there are LONG videos in FULL HD. f*ck outta here.

Jesus f*cking Christ you seriously believe the majority hates the new driving?

Seriously?

I'm ...I'm not even.

Plus, Enraged Cinema's videos are taken down now, you had the chance to watch them, but you missed it.

skillz7855
  • skillz7855

Soldier

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:46 PM Edited by skillz7855, 15 September 2013 - 11:46 PM.

people most not understand what better response means 

Omar_DmX
  • Omar_DmX

Trick

• Members
  • Tunisia

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:58 PM

ixDWLSgZGYKaU.gif

Come on. Look at this. First he crashed into a car (only scratches registered), then, he crashed head on into a concrete wall, and NOTHING HAPPENED. PLEASE don't tell me you see nothing wrong with this. It's a s p o r t s car.

You mean like this one

THIS !!!!

Finally! Thank god there are some people with minds here!
  • Blue_spiky likes this

just-a-spaz
  • just-a-spaz

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 12:13 AM

Why is this topic still even open... The only people saying the driving is bad is the people who haven't played the game. Every person I've seen

that plays the game says the driving is fine.

No, people who have played the game 10+ hours have said that the driving mechanics and the crash mechanics is awful. And by watching streams and gameplay you can indeed get a sense of how it is. You don´t neccesarily need to have a controller in your hand...

I agree that the crashing is a bit messed up but in some videos it looks fine. Stop complaining, wait until you play the game to judge it.

Look at this video

at 3:05 you can obviously see the wheel fall of a car when he crashes into it.

I'd say the driving looks pretty normal in that video clip. Like others have said, perhaps it depends on which character you're playing as when you drive.

If that's the case, then everyone will figure out who their favorite character to play as and everyone will be happy.

SPEEDDRV
  • SPEEDDRV

Boss!

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 12:20 AM

It's going to be hilarious watching twigs try to carry on this crusade come Tuesday when everyone has the game and when they have driven with Trevor instead of Franklin and realise the driving is awesome and with Trevor it actually feels heavy/more like GTA IV as of course he doesn't have the driving boost.
Every single video Twigs has moaned about has been one with Franklin driving when of course his driving is more stable due to his driving boost.

Trevor you say? More unrealistic turning and lack of suspension, your argument is invalid.

ahahah.. I know quad bikes handling because I had one few years ago, and yes, it has good handling and you can draw corners really well.. but wtf? whats that speed? :D Is he having v8 engine inside?? omg.. and also really looks like no suspension found. At the end of vid, the last corner looks really sad...

No no my friend, the driving looks so realistic according to all of this fanboys who just dont admit R* fkd up.
You are just right. Driving is very arcady, it is not even fun. All of this kids think that faster it turns, the better... I have a quad and all i can tell to this kids is that this is not even close to it. It is not so fast, and the brakes, OMG, wtf is this shi*? It goes from 100kmh to 0 in 2 secods, wtf? We can make a turn at 100kmh like doing at 20kmh... I already sent an e-mail to Mouthoff. Let's just hope they patch this... or i will be just waiting for next gen and dont give a shi* about this.
  • Blue_spiky likes this

twigs2001
  • twigs2001

Homie

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 12:23 AM

Unfortunately due a medical condition, I can only play for about 90 mins at a time.

Is that condition being full of bullsh*t? I doubt you have the game, as when you have been proved wrong with facts from people who have played the game along with tons of video evidence you completely dodge the situation and leave the thread until everyone else who proved you wrong has left aswell.

Mr Brightside
  • Mr Brightside

Look CJ, NITRO

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 12:23 AM

It's going to be hilarious watching twigs try to carry on this crusade come Tuesday when everyone has the game and when they have driven with Trevor instead of Franklin and realise the driving is awesome and with Trevor it actually feels heavy/more like GTA IV as of course he doesn't have the driving boost.
Every single video Twigs has moaned about has been one with Franklin driving when of course his driving is more stable due to his driving boost.

Trevor you say? More unrealistic turning and lack of suspension, your argument is invalid.
ahahah.. I know quad bikes handling because I had one few years ago, and yes, it has good handling and you can draw corners really well.. but wtf? whats that speed? :D Is he having v8 engine inside?? omg.. and also really looks like no suspension found. At the end of vid, the last corner looks really sad...

No no my friend, the driving looks so realistic according to all of this fanboys who just dont admit R* fkd up.
You are just right. Driving is very arcady, it is not even fun. All of this kids think that faster it turns, the better... I have a quad and all i can tell to this kids is that this is not even close to it. It is not so fast, and the brakes, OMG, wtf is this shi*? It goes from 100kmh to 0 in 2 secods, wtf? We can make a turn at 100kmh like doing at 20kmh... I already sent an e-mail to Mouthoff. Let's just hope they patch this... or i will be just waiting for next gen and dont give a shi* about this.

Sorry but I ain't no fanboy. I think the blood when someone is shot is very poor and pretty lame actually. Needs work on.

However the driving is superb.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 September 2013 - 12:24 AM

How many people who have actually played the game are complaining about the driving? Seriously I want to see if there are any......

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 September 2013 - 12:26 AM

Is that condition being full of bullsh*t? I doubt you have the game, as when you have been proved wrong with facts from people who have played the game along with tons of video evidence you completely dodge the situation and leave the thread until everyone else who proved you wrong has left aswell.

Eeeh, wow ...You should get a h...

You should try writing, it's a good hobby, will take up some of your time (Which everyone can see you're already wasting on here posting hate all day every day) and with the lack of creative writers these days, it's sorta easy to find a gig.

Mr Brightside
  • Mr Brightside

Look CJ, NITRO

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 12:26 AM

Shouldn't you be in your bed young man or overdosing on Gravy?

I've had the game since Friday. Jealous much?

Due to this thread, You are going to look the biggest ignoramus imaginable in around 24-48 hours. I can't wait to see it :D

Mr Brightside
  • Mr Brightside

Look CJ, NITRO

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 12:28 AM

How many people who have actually played the game are complaining about the driving? Seriously I want to see if there are any......

Not many I bet which makes the whole thing amazingly ironic.

The driving is brilliant and so realistic. I can't wait to see the reaction of this thread come tomorrow/Tuesday.

Pardon the pun, but it's a complete car crash.

HeavilyArmedX
  • HeavilyArmedX

Killswitch Engaged

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 12:28 AM

This just in, GTA forums.com has turned into a whiner fest of selfish spoiled runt gamers. I never come here anymore because i can't stand all of the topics up about the driving being "bad." The only defence given is that it LOOKS too arcadey and that GTA 4 somehow had better handling because you had to slow down to turn. I OWN JEEP and i can tell you right now that you do not have to slow down to 20 km/h to turn as GTA 4 makes people believe.

GTA 5 has seemingly brought back the classic GTA car handling feel but made it to a point of realism seen in Forza games ( Horizon specifically). I don't even think anyone who says the driving in GTA 4 was more realistic actually drives a car. Go play Forza 3 or 2 even and you will see how cars handle. I love how 5 handling seems to have kept to some reality while also not going as far as being like Saints Row. 

The driving looks fantastic and the game, if you haven't noticed is years ahead of GTA V in terms or quality and content. SOOO please for f*ck sakes stop complaining, because it is you f*cking whiny bitches that ruin it for the people who aren't completely retarded. 

• Mr Brightside and ILOVELOUDPACKS like this

SPEEDDRV
  • SPEEDDRV

Boss!

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 12:32 AM

Oh, i can understand now... So, you are saying that turning the wheels, 90° in a blink of an eye is realistic? Yes yes, very realistic... (Sarcasm)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users