Photo

Downfall of GTA driving begins now - Car handling/physics discussion

1,265 replies to this topic
adrien1988
  • adrien1988

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:37 PM

you guys forget franklins ability! its the worst of it all. if it wasnt there i would believe in day one patch.

i'm ok with slowing down time, but if it suddenly makes vanish the last bit of physics, then no. the car seem to behave like your going walking speed, n as soon as the special stops it continues full speed.

at 6:18.... that turn... common is he superman or something? that kinda superpower belongs into saints row

Apparently you've never seen car like Audi R8 driving skills in real life. 

pay attention to  how he slows down before turning. maybe he's just a bad driver?

adrien1988
  • adrien1988

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:39 PM

and we are not saying we want a simulator. but it looks like a big step back from iv. and this is disappointing for a frenchise which used to set the bar for many aspects.

Trund
  • Trund

I'm all of ach fo her

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:40 PM

Am I the only one who watches these videos and just gets more excited for the game?  It's a game, not a driving simulation.  If the driving mechanics don't please you, don't buy it.  Go play Forza 4 if you want that. 

Yeah I think it's pretty good too. Most videos and streams are just of people playing with Franklin, and it's been known for so long now that he can handle cars better than the other characters, I also believe that your cars take more damage when you DON'T drive using Franklin. 

Sports cars in IV were the most unrealistic thing ever, in fact it's more realistic in V than it was in IV. People just love bitching about everything.

• Snoochie_Boochies likes this

Snoochie_Boochies
  • Snoochie_Boochies

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:41 PM

Am I the only one who watches these videos and just gets more excited for the game?  It's a game, not a driving simulation.  If the driving mechanics don't please you, don't buy it.  Go play Forza 4 if you want that. 

As for me, i'll be perfectly happy bending the laws of physics on bicycles and large cars in a video game.  If the game were completely realistic it would be boring.  You couldn't even drive a sports car because you would oversteer and spin out everytime you try a turn at speeds higher than 50 mph, and you couldn't drive for long anyway because everytime you crash you would bend your chassis or screw the engine up after every damn fender bender. 

I get more excited when I watch it too because it looks FUN which is what video games are supposed to be. The one positive is that it seems much faster than IV which will make police chases a blast. GTA was never supposed to be a simulation.

100 percent agree.  Rockstar made this game to cater to the average gamer, not an F1 driver.  The average person doesn't know how to drive a sports car properly because they've never been in one, but this game lets them careen down a busy street in a supercar and not spin out everytime they go around a corner.  Can't wait to play this game!

woggleman
  • woggleman

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:46 PM

I made a thread about how people will backlash hard against this game and we are seeing it now before it is even out. People these days in general just love to pick everything apart. We see it with movies and with music and of course games. It's like a bunch of Comic Book Guys from The Simpsons have taken over everything.

Snoochie_Boochies
  • Snoochie_Boochies

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:48 PM

I made a thread about how people will backlash hard against this game and we are seeing it now before it is even out. People these days in general just love to pick everything apart. We see it with movies and with music and of course games. It's like a bunch of Comic Book Guys from The Simpsons have taken over everything.

"Worst GTA....Ever!" -said after every GTA game since Vice City by a vocal minority.

ruud.
  • ruud.

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:49 PM

you guys forget franklins ability! its the worst of it all. if it wasnt there i would believe in day one patch.

i'm ok with slowing down time, but if it suddenly makes vanish the last bit of physics, then no. the car seem to behave like your going walking speed, n as soon as the special stops it continues full speed.

at 6:18.... that turn... common is he superman or something? that kinda superpower belongs into saints row

Lol he has no stars and the roads/streets look completely dead, even with the special he cant drive, he is most likely one of the guys who whined about IV driving.

I actually went out of my way to register to say this:

You are the typical representative of those that are crying over this matter when you haven't had the game in your hands.

Having watched that video and found nothing to carry on weeping about relative to driving, you had to satisfy your need to cry about something, anyway. So, you went on to moan off-topic about how the streets lack of pedestrian and vehicle density. Again, another moot complaint considering the hardware it's running on and how R* are pushing it to and even beyond their limits (as shown with framerate issues).

Let's not forget the number of times the few of you have moaned about vehicle damage, again off-topic, but is on a similar level to IV. Some say it's improved even, but I am fair and will reserve judgement and even remain sceptical. Again, this is a whole other topic that I can go on but for obvious reasons, won't.

So, while almost everyone else is reserving judgement, you and your militia of a dozen or so crybabies are here shooting down anyone who tries to show and explain to you that your premature judgement may be inaccurate, limited or even wrong, per se.

It's absolutely pathetic that the few of you here are camping the thread and yelling continuously your fallacious arguments begging for sympathy and agreement. I wonder what makes people like you so spoiled and feel so self-entitled.

TL:DR, but anyway, whatever im whining about is fact, stop thinking the game physics for driving will be any different from the videos i have seen when i get game, fanboy. And if you agree with the bike being able to climb up the wall in reverse like spiderman, then you are not worthy of time.

Spare me the ad hominem, it's pitiful.

I'm not a fanboy and I've found a lot of disappointments here and there already. I've always been sceptical of R* since IV, which I didn't like much at all.

Let's see what we have so far on-topic:

1. Lack of suspension: Agreed. It's on SA's level with motorcycles and bicycles, I feel this could have been better, but it's not completely devoid of it.

2. Uphill. This is also irrefutable. It's way too easy to climb uphill, and the bike reversing on a near 90 degree uphill should be patched.

And that's about all I can safely conclude that are problems with vehicle physics and handling. It still clearly looks far better than GTA: SA, has a lot more distinction between high performance cars and middle class cars than in GTA: IV, and is definitely in contrast to Saint's Row's GTA 3-like driving, yet here the bunch of you are asserting that it handles like Saint's Row.

Let's see you attempt a worthy response, since you're so self-absorbed in how worthily you spend your time (ironic, considering you're using most, if not all of it crying over this).

El Tel
  • El Tel

It's just a ride.

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:50 PM

As for me, i'll be perfectly happy bending the laws of physics on bicycles and large cars in a video game.  If the game were completely realistic it would be boring.  You couldn't even drive a sports car because you would oversteer and spin out everytime you try a turn at speeds higher than 50 mph, and you couldn't drive for long anyway because everytime you crash you would bend your chassis or screw the engine up after every damn fender bender. 

I get more excited when I watch it too because it looks FUN which is what video games are supposed to be. The one positive is that it seems much faster than IV which will make police chases a blast. GTA was never supposed to be a simulation.

100 percent agree.  Rockstar made this game to cater to the average gamer, not an F1 driver.  The average person doesn't know how to drive a sports car properly because they've never been in one, but this game lets them careen down a busy street in a supercar and not spin out everytime they go around a corner.  Can't wait to play this game!

I agree entirely.

I would like to add though, that I'm a fan of F1 and play F1 2012 with no driver aids on maximum difficulty so I know how driving physics works. GTA has never had realistic physics and yet, even though I love realistic racing games, I have always loved driving around in GTA. So even though they are making the driving accessible, this doesn't mean I can't enjoy it, nor do I want them to turn it into a realistic simulator. You don't have to be an inexperienced driver to enjoy this game. I have every faith that I will love GTA V, from what I've seen it looks great and I can't wait to get stuck in.

Snoochie_Boochies
  • Snoochie_Boochies

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:55 PM

I agree entirely.

I would like to add though, that I'm a fan of F1 and play F1 2012 with no driver aids on maximum difficulty so I know how driving physics works. GTA has never had realistic physics and yet, even though I love realistic racing games, I have always loved driving around in GTA. So even though they are making the driving accessible, this doesn't mean I can't enjoy it, nor do I want them to turn it into a realistic simulator. You don't have to be an inexperienced driver to enjoy this game. I have every faith that I will love GTA V, from what I've seen it looks great and I can't wait to get stuck in.

Exaclty!  This is a game for the masses, and it will be loved by the masses.  Because it is simple yet fun, which is what good game generally is.  There will be problems with this game, but the driving isn't one of them for me.

Those empty looking streets sure will be!

woggleman
  • woggleman

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:01 PM

Anybody who says this is like Saints Row must not have played much Saint's Row. 

Omar_DmX
  • Omar_DmX

Trick

• Members
  • Tunisia

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:03 PM

I just wonder, how many people that are complaining have actually driven a car in real life? Seems like a bunch of pre-teens whining about something they have never even done to begin with.

corner at 100kmh in real life and you have all my respect

This^  :^:

woggleman
  • woggleman

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:04 PM

I agree entirely.

Exaclty!  This is a game for the masses, and it will be loved by the masses.  Because it is simple yet fun, which is what good game generally is.  There will be problems with this game, but the driving isn't one of them for me.

Those empty looking streets sure will be!

Oh no a game for the masses. We need the game to be only something super hardcore gamer scholars can enjoy and understand. Cockstar sold out to 11 year olds since there is nothing more mature than inspecting game damage before it comes out more than most insurance agents inspect real damage.

• DuplexHousing likes this

Victor Sulivan
  • Victor Sulivan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:07 PM

I can't believe how terrible the physics look in GTA V, fair enough making the handling a little easier so people can get into the game quicker but in some areas the physics in Vice City and San Andreas look to outclass GTA V. It would be interesting to see a comparison between the quad bike in SA and GTA V, the video of the quad bike above just looks silly. 

ruud.
  • ruud.

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:08 PM

I just wonder, how many people that are complaining have actually driven a car in real life? Seems like a bunch of pre-teens whining about something they have never even done to begin with.

corner at 100kmh in real life and you have all my respect

This^  :^:

Can either of you show us a vid of someone cornering at 100kmh in the game?

Apart from Franklin's ability, that IS unrealistic.

Agni
  • Agni

#WeeabooPower

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:34 PM

For the people who hate the driving. You'll get used to it. Just like people got used to IV's driving.

No we wont. You don't get used to no suspension, no variation of grip, no differences between the cars...

Of course you would be a Black Rock Shooter fan.

Bladerskb
  • Bladerskb

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:46 PM

For the people who hate the driving. You'll get used to it. Just like people got used to IV's driving.

No we wont. You don't get used to no suspension, no variation of grip, no differences between the cars...

YOu are so wrong on many levels. but you haven't played the game so its useless to lecture you. when you get the game in 2 days then you will know what we who already have the game knows. its like trying to describe the feel and control of driving a car to someone who hasn't driven one.

twigs2001
  • twigs2001

Homie

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:53 PM

YOu are so wrong on many levels. but you haven't played the game so its useless to lecture you. when you get the game in 2 days then you will know what we who already have the game knows. its like trying to describe the feel and control of driving a car to someone who hasn't driven one.

We also know without having the game suspension doesn't exist, especially on the motorbikes, so how can we get used to something that doesn't exist? Everytime we use a motorcycle and go over a bump/jump we will be reminded of how good it was in IV but how bad it is in V.

Staanko
  • Staanko

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:56 PM

OMG, stop whining like lil babies! Goddamn it!

Do a petition, write to R* and wait till this game is ''OFFICIALLY'' out! 

ovoxo
  • ovoxo

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:58 PM

This is how "long" it takes to get the Jet in GTA V off the ground.

ijy1l944mgr95.gif

Oh dear...

AerialRocket
  • AerialRocket

The one they fear

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:59 PM

A streamer said said "The driving is Almost like L.A. Noire, although vehicles aren't AS grippy as l.a. noire"

DuplexHousing
  • DuplexHousing

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:12 PM Edited by DuplexHousing, 15 September 2013 - 07:30 PM.

This is how "long" it takes to get the Jet in GTA V off the ground.

ijy1l944mgr95.gif

Oh dear...

Note that we don't see most of the taxi out of the hanger it's parked in - it's not a down-the-whole-runway take-off, but there could easily be a good bit of acceleration before that gif starts. Also, note that a modern jet - the F-22 Raptor, for example - can go from stopped to airborne in about 10 seconds - it doesn't look too dissimilar to this, if you had any forward motion prior to the gif.

gta5freemode4eva
  • gta5freemode4eva

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:13 PM

Oh dear god - I thought it was just (lol 'just') the vehicles on the ground that were stupid... look at the plane!!!!!! it takes off at 10mph!!!!!!! Oh dear f*cking lord!!!!!!! THIS IS A JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pathetic. I wouldn't expect a Dora The Explorer or Barbie game to be this pathetic!!!! Surely even the 8 year olds think this is a joke!!!!

This game has been made for 5 year old I swear  :blink:

LTA1992
  • LTA1992

The Fanged Brave, KyoryuRed

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:29 PM

I've watched the streams and you can visually see the differences in car handling. Some vehicles are more reminiscent to IV than others. It also depends on the Character you use as well.

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:45 PM

If I made a thread about how the skydiving and BASE jumping physics are way off (and they are) in every GTA people would tell me to chill out and enjoy the game.

And rightly so.

I really can't understand 1) How some can be THIS upset over it and 2) why some are surprised the game called GTA changed (again).

It's never been the same and never will be.

ruud.
  • ruud.

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:49 PM

If I made a thread about how the skydiving and BASE jumping physics are way off (and they are)

They are?

Was it better in either SA or IV?

Or are you comparing it to real life?

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:56 PM

@ruud

Compared to real life, both games are a joke but IV does a better job with exit physics than SA despite the fact that Luis can deploy at 80 feet and be fine.

It never ruined the fun for me though, and my career and life center around parachuting.

Thats kind of what I'm getting at with all the jabs people are taking, and posting things like 'You should be able to drive to have an opinion about this thread'.

I think I'm gonna end up loving the driving in V, even if it's just to spite the haters. Oh, and the inevitably bad BASE and skydiving physics in V? Won't bother me at all :cool:

uboaaaa
  • uboaaaa

I'm afraid we've reached an impasse.

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:03 PM

I can't believe how nuts you people are. The driving in IV was so much more inferior. I can understand having opinions, but Jesus Christ calm down.

GTASkunk
  • GTASkunk

Don Vercetti

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:04 PM

f*ck you, getting passionate over the game. Just play it!

twigs2001
  • twigs2001

Homie

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:07 PM

I can't believe how nuts you people are. The driving in IV was so much more inferior. I can understand having opinions, but Jesus Christ calm down.

Lol @ Inferior, some aspects maybe in your opinion such as the handling, but V is hardly superior when theres no suspension whatsoever, motorcycles stiff as rocks etc..lol.

ezfaun
  • ezfaun

Drive

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:07 PM

Burrhurhurrr.......... That would be a disgusting world to live in. BTW did you notice that pax and e3 and comic con had a lot of weird dudes with really long hair. And would tie them in a ponytail? Weird

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users