Photo

Downfall of GTA driving begins now - Car handling/physics discussion

1,265 replies to this topic
ajrunke
  • ajrunke

I'm on a boat!

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:12 PM

We're not ''whining'', we are disappointed.

why don't you wait until you've actually played the game before you come to an opinion.

seriously you've all seen 5-7 second blurry cam footage, no tweaked sensitivity or anything, and none of you have any idea how customized the car is yet you're all convinced the driving sucks.

The white sports car footage was atleast 30 seconds long....and it drove like a hovercraft :lol:

Hovercraft. That's the best description I've seen thus far regarding GTAV's vehicle handling. That's exactly what it looked like.

/sad

twigs2001
  • twigs2001

Homie

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:12 PM

I just watched all of the driving videos and... Wow! :/

They like totally ditched IV's handling and too MC:LA's handling as a replacement and I am going to be honest: It is complete and utter sh*t! Rockstar listened only to the morons bitching about IV's handling and basically said: f*ck personality, forget weight, forget realistic steering response! Lets take MC:LA's handling, tweak it a tee bit, and put it in V. Don't give a damn if people wanted physics with personality. Lets take the RAGE engine and downgrade the driving to make it suitable for inexperienced children

I'm f*cking disappointed, I don't even know if I'll be able to enjoy even the sexiest car in this game because it might handle like way too responsive arcadey sh*t!

/rant, I'll shut up now and just wait for the game but I am pissed. 5 years for sh*t handling?

Good post, completely agree bud someone talks sense atleast

• JamesDeaconUK and jatiger13 like this

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:13 PM

Well to be fair, i tried this out in GTA IV just now with a Dukes, went fully into a wall straight on, and the damage on the bumper was very clear. It seems cars can take more damage now, cause Rockstar downgrading a feature like this...........no.

LeThaL AsSeT
  • LeThaL AsSeT

F*ck Yo CoucH NyuGGa!!!

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:13 PM

I agree with the op the driving looks too arcade-ish, I liked the driving in GTA IV but I also enjoyed the driving in MCLA BUT! if they made the driving this arcarde who knows what they did with how the heli's and jets handle, thos are vehicles i dont want to be to easy to master cuz it will just cause chaos online

Prime Example is GTA IV TBoGT and the Buzzard, in GTA IV there werent many expert annihalator pilots but when they introduced the buzzard, expert pilots started to crawl out of the woodworks cuz the buzzard is fairly easy to control

• JamesDeaconUK likes this

Omnifarious
  • Omnifarious

R.I.P. in peace Aesthetic, you beautifully beta bastard you.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:14 PM

Looks just like turning in GTA IV did.

helresa
  • helresa

Public Security Section 9

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:14 PM

I hated the driving in IV, the cars were way too top heavy and the suspension was too soft... no matter what car it was.. 

You are a f*cking idiot

Well at least I can make a sensible contribution without resorting to name calling... I was just making my observations on what I thought of the cars in the previous version, I haven't seen the current game so I cannot comment, I just hope they have made it better

krazy_fool_X
  • krazy_fool_X

Trick

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:15 PM

Are you talking about the Grove Street footage? It looks fine, honestly. He was completely stopped before he started to move and turn, so the turning will be pretty sharp.

He did a 180 in less then a second as soon as he accelerated, they may aswell just implement teleportation now, not to mention the white sports car footage where it slides all over the place LOL.

From watching it, it looks like he does a handbrake turn right at the end, explaining why he turns so easily at the end. It looks fine to me.

How can he do a handbreak turn when hes hardly moving? He only just accelerated...

But you can hear him put on the brakes. You can hear the tyres screeching.

He starts to accelerate and turn, then he's told to stop. So the guy does - he puts on the brakes and slides round, making for a really tight turn.

Zoidbergs_LV
  • Zoidbergs_LV

One ticket to LS please

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:15 PM

Mhh I don't see the problem here. When gta 6 comes out and they will change the handling people will bitch again saying that gta5 had awesome handling and that the new one sucks. Crybabys in a nutshell. We will get used to the handling and everything will be fine. chill out, R* got this in the bag.
  • lannydee likes this

RichyB
  • RichyB

Crush grapes mate. Sorry? You're a grape crusher. Next.

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:16 PM

New GTA V driving gameplay!

tumblr_lq6gheaZkW1qaxo2mo1_500.gif

• JamesDeaconUK, Corky McButterpants, K1NGCLIFTON14 and 1 other like this

jimbos0013
  • jimbos0013

PANATHINAIKOS A.C.

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:17 PM

They like totally ditched IV's handling and too MC:LA's handling as a replacement and I am going to be honest: It is complete and utter sh*t! Rockstar listened only to the morons bitching about IV's handling and basically said: f*ck personality, forget weight, forget realistic steering response! Lets take MC:LA's handling, tweak it a tee bit, and put it in V. Don't give a damn if people wanted physics with personality. Lets take the RAGE engine and downgrade the driving to make it suitable for inexperienced children

I'm f*cking disappointed, I don't even know if I'll be able to enjoy even the sexiest car in this game because it might handle like way too responsive arcadey sh*t!

/rant, I'll shut up now and just wait for the game but I am pissed. 5 years for sh*t handling?

i agree too...  :whuh:

Suomalainen
  • Suomalainen

DR-L337

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:18 PM

People were saying these same things and creating troll topics before San Andreas came out too.  Best to just ignore them.

Jack94
  • Jack94

Trick

• Members

i agree too...  :whuh:

Same

GeneticallyDifferent
  • GeneticallyDifferent

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

You must be trolling.There is no other explanation.I watched that video for the 5th time now and I still don't see it.

The SUV turned corner just fine.Just like it's supposed to.Troll somewhere else.You call your self GTA fan. :v:

• krazy_fool_X likes this

K1NGCLIFTON14
  • K1NGCLIFTON14

Square Civilian

• Awaiting Authorisation

Right now I am so angry that i'm almost shaking. I can't believe that they've obliterated the driving in V. I am seething. I am LIVID. I am an inch, an inch!! from cancelling my pre order. 

• MagicNarcosis likes this

skillz7855
  • skillz7855

Soldier

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:19 PM

The handling looks like GTA IV but more tighter whats this guy watching 

• krazy_fool_X and Panerama like this

Mcquiz
  • Mcquiz

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:21 PM

This. Proper GT cars on racetracks aren't that responsive as that white supercar and a MPV that my parents have has a bigger turning circle than that red car, not sure what it was in the cul-de-sac.

• jatiger13 likes this

twigs2001
  • twigs2001

Homie

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:21 PM Edited by twigs2001, 12 September 2013 - 07:23 PM.

You must be trolling.There is no other explanation.I watched that video for the 5th time now and I still don't see it.

The SUV turned corner just fine.Just like it's supposed to.Troll somewhere else.You call your self GTA fan. :v:

Get out, look at even the black covertable video where he sets off and shifts to the left at the speed of light, its disgusting WAY WAY too responsive

BettyBlueGT
  • BettyBlueGT

Thug

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:23 PM

Confirmed MCLA physics 100%, i just witnessed a video of GTA V where a SUV can turn faster then a smart car, grats whiner who can't drive in IV for ruining the game.

What the hell is a smart car? I know what a smart tv is... 

jatiger13
  • jatiger13

this is fun

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:25 PM Edited by jatiger13, 12 September 2013 - 07:27 PM.

this game will turn every useless player into the Stig. Gta IV actually needed skill to be a great driver. Now when you do racing online, everyone will be good. That sucks.
I loved the handling in IV. You could drift around corners if you had some skill. But now every snotnosed little kid like omnifarious and the wooden mask and other whiners will be able to do it without crashing.

Masked_samurai
  • Masked_samurai

f*ck all these whoes get a grip muthaf*cker!

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:25 PM

Confirmed MCLA physics 100%, i just witnessed a video of GTA V where a SUV can turn faster then a smart car, grats whiner who can't drive in IV for ruining the game.

Dude Please why was this topic even made jheez

ZVua6.gif

• adictoGTA likes this

twigs2001
  • twigs2001

Homie

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:27 PM Edited by twigs2001, 12 September 2013 - 07:28 PM.

Proper GT cars on racetracks aren't that responsive as that white supercar and a MPV that my parents have has a bigger turning circle than that red car, not sure what it was in the cul-de-sac.

Yup, but the people on these forums have no idea what they are talking about, most likely they are the ones that failed and came last in every race in GTA IV.

• jatiger13 likes this

GeneticallyDifferent
  • GeneticallyDifferent

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:28 PM

Get out, look at even the black covertable video where he sets off and shifts to the left at the speed of light, its disgusting WAY WAY too responsive

Ok,so it is a little more responsive.So what?It's not a driving simulator. I loved the GTA IV driving,but I could always go back to SA which was way more fun overall. Even though the driving was arcade it was hell of a fun to play.Giving up on V just over this is stupid.We have to deal with the changes and accept it.It will still be fun.

• spongebob83 likes this

Nlwt
  • Nlwt

• The Yardies
  • Mozambique

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:29 PM Edited by NathanT, 12 September 2013 - 07:29 PM.

We're not ''whining'', we are disappointed.

Why? Driving is my favourite thing and I'm not disappointed, because I don't judge from a short clip made by someone you can't steer a car and recorded it with a toaster.

You will be here on the 17th making a thread about the driving and how it's broke

Doubt it. We'll actually be playing the game to see if we're disappointed, rather than just jumping to conclusion when nobody here has even played it.

Distrom
  • Distrom

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:31 PM

You better shut up until 5 more days, when you play the game, then you will have the right to make a rant topic.

helresa
  • helresa

Public Security Section 9

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:33 PM

The video with the black convertible doesn't look right, looks like it's sped up....... 

Justin80
  • Justin80

Genius

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:33 PM

It does suck, but I think Rockstar will offer a patch for it soon after release seeing as how everybody is complaining.

ReekyAlex
  • ReekyAlex

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:35 PM

I guess the people bitching about the driving in that video have never heard of a handbrake.

LSSDLSPD
  • LSSDLSPD

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:35 PM

New GTA V driving gameplay!

tumblr_lq6gheaZkW1qaxo2mo1_500.gif

Oh he's happy now!

Nlwt
  • Nlwt

• The Yardies
  • Mozambique

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:37 PM

I guess the people bitching about the driving in that video have never heard of a handbrake.

There's that and that they probably suck at driving

sufferblind86
  • sufferblind86

Exploring Los Santos.

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:38 PM

If I just saw the same short video that everyone else has seen, it doesn't look like MCLA at all to me. Car was moving slow and appeared to be like IV, but maybe not as wobbly?

I don't see the problem based off of this one video.

• ReekyAlex likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users