Photo

Downfall of GTA driving begins now - Car handling/physics discussion

1,265 replies to this topic
BlackLightning
  • BlackLightning

Thug

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:33 AM

What a self-entitled crybaby. "Come support me; I've spent hours and hours playing a game and not showering. Come watch my videos on YouTube so I can get money for doing nothing."

That guy is the perfect microcosm of why America is on the brink of collapse. 

• spike88 likes this

GTAxYushix
  • GTAxYushix

Leave me alone.

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:38 AM

Has anyone else noticed the gutter/curb on roads doesn't seem to exist anymore???
Rockstars aiming to keep the kiddies even once the new cod drops..
I'm disappointed in them, definetly lost my respect and sooner or later my loyalty.

Im sorry but who cares about your respect towards them.
People here act likr Rockstar is their slave and do whatever they ask them to do, the reason why GTA is so big is because Rockstars own imagination, not ours.
Nobody said GTA3 should be 3D, nobody cried when they introduced it, be happy that there is still one developer trying to change things and try new things every 5 years because they could also bring a new gta every year and be like cod... not changing anything but only replace the textures and voila...
You people also forget the driving is in the engine. unchangeable! they can fix the char switching thing but the driving is final.
If they manage to change it then its probably because they already knew they would have some tweaking to do but either deal with it or stick to IV.
Feedback is the only way they can move forward cock suckah, so take the housers dicks out of ya mouth and get the f*ck out of at thread that's about voicing your opinion.

Stupid slave f*ck

Im getting flamed for no reason... i never flamed you.
So I should gtfo this thread because you say so? Who are you to think youre more than me?

You dont even take the time to make a valid point but instead you post such thing which is totally irelevant and childish.
The reason I said that was because of the way people are "presenting" their "opinions", it sounds more like demanding and thats what I react to.

Next time.. dont reply if youre gonna comment something like that :)

abigor115
  • abigor115

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:04 AM

GTAV handling and physics is silly and un-real and so so out of place. Turn on a six-pence, stupidly fast acceration and braking, no body roll etc... its just awful.

Now if we take that same dynamic and apply it to weapons and other areas then the following is what we get - 

We don't need to re-load, infinite ammo so we can hold down the fire button forever (because its arcadey and fun yay!! :/ )

what about we don't lose health and we're invinsible?

Put them together and what do you get?????????????????????

Saints Row :(

If you like this arcade handling and physics that are just kid like and silly then you should also like pistols that fire rockets (because its arcadey and fun yay!!  :/ )

Rockstar f*cked up the most important part of the game... or they designed it for kids.

Why re-imagine Southern California and make a game to be a parody of life,and then fill it with silly handling and physics... it just un-does all of R*s hard work. 

Yes I can drive 240 vehicles but if they handle and feel like silly little kiddie cartoon vehicles  then what was the f*cking point in modelling them to look so real??? Its f*cking stupid arse logic... its AWFUL!!!

GTAV is for kids :/

+1000000     yes it's tru......we need a patch :rah:

El Tel
  • El Tel

It's just a ride.

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:07 AM

GTAV handling and physics is silly and un-real and so so out of place. Turn on a six-pence, stupidly fast acceration and braking, no body roll etc... its just awful.

Now if we take that same dynamic and apply it to weapons and other areas then the following is what we get - 

We don't need to re-load, infinite ammo so we can hold down the fire button forever (because its arcadey and fun yay!! :/ )

what about we don't lose health and we're invinsible?

Put them together and what do you get?????????????????????

Saints Row :(

If you like this arcade handling and physics that are just kid like and silly then you should also like pistols that fire rockets (because its arcadey and fun yay!!  :/ )

Rockstar f*cked up the most important part of the game... or they designed it for kids.

Why re-imagine Southern California and make a game to be a parody of life,and then fill it with silly handling and physics... it just un-does all of R*s hard work. 

Yes I can drive 240 vehicles but if they handle and feel like silly little kiddie cartoon vehicles  then what was the f*cking point in modelling them to look so real??? Its f*cking stupid arse logic... its AWFUL!!!

GTAV is for kids :/

+1000000     yes it's tru......we need a patch :rah:

You ever considered that it isn't a patch you need, it's a different game?

josephene123
  • josephene123

No

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:50 AM

@josephene

I have gathered some post that highlight why I think that you may be looking at it all wrong.  I don't think that you were able to look back a few pages to see it here. I will discuss your post at the end. 

You brought up some great points, and unfortunately not everyone can be satisfied by everything.  Me for instance, I hated the driving in IV; however, I got used to it, but I always preferred not to drive. I think the fact that is hardest for people to take is from your second point.  The graphics are so much better, and it makes it difficult to take an adjustment that augments further from reality.  However, this game and video games in general aren't made to simulate real life to the T.  They are meant to help you escape and immerse yourself in another world.  For me I feel like I would be more immersed if I am a badass driver weaving in and out of traffic with perfection.  It keeps the persona that I am a high end criminal literally making millions of dollars.  Do you think a real gangster as successful as our previous protagonist would have been driving into wall and lampost, hitting pedestrians and doing 360 flips in the air?

This gives me a more badass impression from my character not requiring all that practice it took me to get good at driving in GTA IV.  I can also appreciate though  that it is something that you are looking for; however, from what I see of the leaks not every car handles the same.  Before this post gets any longer I am going to end it, but if you care to continue please reply. It seems as though you had sense and weren't aggressive. 

Thing is, real gangsters are skilled. They know exactly what they're doing and they probably wouldn't be driving into walls and lamposts or hitting pedestrians etc, but they're skilled. They've been doing this a long time and they've mastered some arts.

Which is pretty much what I wish and hoped the game tried to make us do. If we want to get that badass feeling of weaving in and out of traffic at top speeds, I feel they should have altered the body roll from IV and made it feel less boaty and have us master it so we get a huge satisfaction when we pull it off, but what they shouldn't do is almost completely remove it no matter which car you're driving. Why? Because after a while it just looks and probably feels mindless. It's almost impossible to crash in certain cars and for sure bikes, and even if you do crash, the physics a lot of the time decides to cut you EVEN MORE slack, and gently pushes you away from the crash and acts like it never happened, without any kind of feel of impact or consequence. It looks... mind numbing. 

Also, if they plan on acting as if certain crashes and nicks didn't even happen, they should at least cancel out that arcadeyness (not a word) by making driving harder. If they want to make driving super easy, they should at least act as if crashes and nicks DO register. Even if slightly annoying at times, I loved the feeling of just dodging an incoming vehicle knowing that if I had crashed, with 4 star police on my back, it'd all be over. That was badass. Now, in V, I won't even care that much, because 1. hardly any damage would probably be registered, 2. The game's physics might kindly help me out and glide me away from the dangerous collision and 3.) I know it won't be long before I accelerate back to a very high speed away from the collision again.

Lastly, if this was how they planned it and there aren't any glitches or anything at play, I don't understand the point of upgrading your vehicle's armor. On streams and videos, even when people were actually trying to wreck their vehicle, it took them 8+ minutes of top speed crashes and unloading their own ammo into the car to do it, why would anybody seriously demand a stronger car than that? 

pewzie
  • pewzie

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:09 PM Edited by pewzie, 15 September 2013 - 12:10 PM.

28 pages and counting Rockstar.

Are some of you thinking " Oh shi " right about now?

I really hope you have a crew already working on a patch !

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:11 PM

No, we're all thinking "12 people are arguing, f*ck them."

And Rockstar would probably think "We just lost like ...1 sale, boo f*cking hoo."

El Tel
  • El Tel

It's just a ride.

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:14 PM

And Rockstar would probably think "We just lost like ...1 sale, boo f*cking hoo."

I think they're probably just laughing their arses off. Because most of the people I've seen bitching about the game are still buying it.

Powner811
  • Powner811

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:15 PM

I can only speak for myself, but I think every GTA game has been different from its predecessor and successor, and it's no different with V. People were saying GTA driving was terrible in IV and it's happening again with V. Shouldn't be a big surprise imo.

I was expecting R* to change some of the mechanics, and I'm kind of puzzled as to why some 'hardcore' fans are surprised by change of any kind, especially the driving. As much as I love IV's driving, I didn't expect V to not change it up.

I haven't played it yet, but I'm ok with all the new/returning stuff we're getting with V, because f*ck it. Why not adapt to new sh*t?

Ofc, Rockstar isnt a damn Infinity Ward that will just copy and paste.

Hypertenzion
  • Hypertenzion

Prankster

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:18 PM Edited by Hypertenzion, 15 September 2013 - 12:22 PM.

I think they're probably just laughing their arses off. Because most of the people I've seen bitching about the game are still buying it.

Wrong  ;)

I am glad I didn't buy it and played it at a friends place because driving is one of the most important aspects of this game - and they just f*cked that part up.

Having bought a product and having the feeling it didn't live up to the expectations (and its predecessors) will make it worse when the next GTA gets out.

Many peoples trust to the GTA franchise has gone down the drain..

LeetSniperWolf
  • LeetSniperWolf

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:26 PM Edited by LeetSniperWolf, 15 September 2013 - 12:28 PM.

I wonder only if all the people that are screaming and crying above in this thread have already played the game or just keep watching steams, then writing all their complains, before they play game by themselves and find only the reasons how great changes are since last GTA. (this was the same when IV were announced etc, so the story recycle once again)

I don't own the game (yet) but from what my friends have told me, who also were worried about Driving in GTA V (and what not) their opinion is following:

The Driving in V is similar to IV, the major difference that suspension is not that super soft like it was in previous GTA game (including super cars) with stiff camera movement it can feel a bit awkward at beginning but with more time and different type of cars at hand you can feel how car response on different type of road or with customized parts that give a boost to handling and acceleration.

Furthermore the cars are accelerating much faster than in IV where it can mislead you for pure arcade driving mode. Every each car feels different. (including various super cars)

Overall from the information I have gathered (the people who played the game) the driving in V is IV alike but more responsive.

I understand that some retards are very easily manipulated and spoiled by anything at first sight (No Pedestrians, No Traffic, No Damage and what not) because of 1 simple Troll they can start a sh*t storm where there is no problem at all.

Learn that GTA will be changing with each release - don't like it go back to IV or wait for PC and glory mods.

That is all.

P.S. /v/ approved the driving in V. So thats a big surprise from them, if that count or mean anything.

lunishidd
  • lunishidd

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:26 PM

Nice damage btw Rockstar ^^

ixDWLSgZGYKaU.gif

El Tel
  • El Tel

It's just a ride.

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:29 PM Edited by El Tel, 15 September 2013 - 12:30 PM.

Wrong  ;)

I am glad I didn't buy it and played it at a friends place because driving is one of the most important aspects of this game - and they just f*cked that part up.

Having bought a product and having the feeling it didn't live up to the expectations (and its predecessors) will make it worse when the next GTA gets out. Many peoples turst to the GTA franchise has gone down the drain..

You assume that this game won't live up to expectation, but judging by the reports on this forums by people who have the game, the vast majority seem to be loving it. Besides, this whole situation happens with every release of GTA, so it seems. People bitched about GTA IVs driving mechanics when it came out and now people are bitching about how they want it back, the same thing will happen when VI comes out. People are slow to accept change.

As for saying that Rockstar have f*cked up, we'll let the sales and reviews speak for themselves, it's far too early to make a statement like that. But I have a very strong feeling that it is you who is wrong.

LeetSniperWolf
  • LeetSniperWolf

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:31 PM

ixDWLSgZGYKaU.gif

Nice indeed ^^

pyQUsl7.jpg

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:32 PM

ixDWLSgZGYKaU.gif

I love how you idiots base the car damage and handling off of certain videos, but completely ignore other equally relevant videos that prove otherwise with different cars, like ...You know, real life.

It's this boring ass game that costed your father the price of your mother's services.

You'd make a great politician.

josephene123
  • josephene123

No

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:37 PM

ixDWLSgZGYKaU.gif

I love how you idiots base the car damage and handling off of certain videos, but completely ignore other equally relevant videos that prove otherwise with different cars, like ...You know, real life.

It's this boring ass game that costed your father the price of your mother's services.

Oh so because there are other instances where a car after numerous high speed crashes has been affected in a more substantial way, this is not evidence to show something is wrong?

Come on. Look at this. First he crashed into a car (only scratches registered), then, he crashed head on into a concrete wall, and NOTHING HAPPENED. PLEASE don't tell me you see nothing wrong with this. It's a s p o r t s car. 

lunishidd
  • lunishidd

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:41 PM

ixDWLSgZGYKaU.gif

Oh so because there are other instances where a car after numerous high speed crashes has been affected in a more substantial way, this is not evidence to show something is wrong?

Come on. Look at this. First he crashed into a car (only scratches registered), then, he crashed head on into a concrete wall, and NOTHING HAPPENED. PLEASE don't tell me you see nothing wrong with this. It's a s p o r t s car. 

Fanboys trying to justify their purchase. The problem with the damage is that it is completly incosistent. To actually see any impact to the car you have to use a lot of force to even dent it, which absurd.

Wheatley
  • Wheatley

I'm living in High Pressure Days.

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:41 PM

I wasn't on this forum when GTA IV came out but was there this many complaints about GTA IV's handling compared to GTA San Andreas?

I found this on the internet by the way, god help us come release day.

UDKmnsZ.jpg

• El Tel likes this

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:43 PM

ixDWLSgZGYKaU.gif

You really need to look around for driving videos outside those GIFs, man.

josephene123
  • josephene123

No

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:47 PM

ixDWLSgZGYKaU.gif

If you're saying this kind of thing is rare, you're lying to yourself. I've seen probably more than 30 videos and some live streams and whilst this isn't the rule by any means it's very very common.

LeetSniperWolf
  • LeetSniperWolf

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:48 PM Edited by LeetSniperWolf, 15 September 2013 - 12:49 PM.

ixDWLSgZGYKaU.gif

Have you uploaded different gif? I can see he crashed into first white car by side where scratches are there, then he hit the wall and I presume he was slowing down as well by that time.

Maybe I will sound like a true fan boy and justify everything but WHAT IF the cars are more sturdy than in IV and the front of the car is more secure that need more than just 1 straight hit by anything to see any deformation-damage that was taken.

We can play all day long with exchanging the gifs, but in V damage is more complex but at the same time the cars have more "health" as well. Thats the Trurth.

pewzie
  • pewzie

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:49 PM

It makes me laugh so hard when people keep saying that those of us who havent played are doing something wrong by basing our opinions of video footage.

If I look through the window and see its daytime, I dont need to go outside for myself just to make sure.

I and others know what we are seeing and its looks god awful !

Can I form an opinion from a video? ..... Er YES !!!

lunishidd
  • lunishidd

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:49 PM

ixDWLSgZGYKaU.gif

You mean like this one 

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=prlHHYMWkM0

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:51 PM

Also, that gif makes the handling look very close to TBOGT's. It's from the videos that I linked, by the way.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

What exactly are we doing?

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:52 PM

https://www.facebook...710906648925573

No spoilers. But this looks like an upgrade to IV. An UPGRADE.

ixDWLSgZGYKaU.gif

My opinion on the video and gif:

The BulletGT doesn't look so fast, and the steering is a little too responsive.

The fighter jet also is too responsive compared to the hydra in San Andreas.

Verdict: It looks like a step back from San Andreas.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:52 PM

ixDWLSgZGYKaU.gif

You mean like this one 

I would post links and GIFs and sh*t to try and get this into your head ...

But I don't think I'll be getting anywhere.

NYdreamz
  • NYdreamz

Born Sinner

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:55 PM

im not even going to lie to you but when i first saw a leaked vid of someone driving around the city... i really thought about true crime ... im not here to slander the game as im still paying $60 for it... but to say the driving in the game is just right is a lie... also from the vids ive seen .... the cars look like they are able to take 5 times the damage of GTA IV.... im sure (and hoping) this could be patched because that isnt perfect either... but again the game overall looks great and i can see myself having a good time with the problems above

The_Communist
  • The_Communist

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:01 PM

It makes me laugh so hard when people keep saying that those of us who havent played are doing something wrong by basing our opinions of video footage.

If I look through the window and see its daytime, I dont need to go outside for myself just to make sure.

I and others know what we are seeing and its looks god awful !

Can I form an opinion from a video? ..... Er YES !!!

No, no, no...

If there is water on your window and it appears to be coming from the sky you can't say it's raining. You have to go outside and get soaked first. You have to have credible evidence to back your statement.

With that in mind some users seem so aggressive if you slightly criticise GTA V. Of course I haven't played it, but you don't have to play a game to comment on how something looks... if that was the case what would be the point in E3, PAX, or trailers?

The driving looks really arcade-like, going from the hours of footage we've seen, which is personally something I'm not fond of. But apparently I'm not allowed to say that.

spike88
  • spike88

Big Boss

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:02 PM

https://www.facebook...710834192266152
https://www.facebook...710805215602383

No spoilers. But this looks like an upgrade to IV. An UPGRADE.

What a self-entitled crybaby. "Come support me; I've spent hours and hours playing a game and not showering. Come watch my videos on YouTube so I can get money for doing nothing."

That guy is the perfect microcosm of why America is on the brink of collapse.

He's playing a pirated version of the game too. Admits it in one of his videos.

josephene123
  • josephene123

No

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:06 PM Edited by josephene123, 15 September 2013 - 01:07 PM.

ixDWLSgZGYKaU.gif

You mean like this one 

I would post links and GIFs and sh*t to try and get this into your head ...

But I don't think I'll be getting anywhere.

The attitude I'm seeing come across here from you, is that all evidence and videos and GIFs which show GTA V has an extremely inconsistent (to say the least) car damage system is invalid because you can show videos which show it has a decent car damage system, and I really hope that's not the case. What's wrong with acknowledging that this game has clear problems in the driving aspect of the game? I've seen videos of cars being crushed by tractors etc and it looks absolutely stunning, so why can't they be consistent? Why can a sports car crash head on into a concrete wall at top speeds and come away barely affected? 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users