Photo

Downfall of GTA driving begins now - Car handling/physics discussion

1,265 replies to this topic
GTAxYushix
  • GTAxYushix

Leave me alone.

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:34 AM

Can we also just make the quote train smaller somehow :)

Changes need to be made for a new game, the reason people are going nuts is because they have to learn how to play again or something in that direction.
Driving is different but is that a reason to cancel your pre-order after almost 2 years of waiting and hype?
They showed us alot and everyone was excited, cant we just wait and judge after we played the game?

rela82me
  • rela82me

Three Point One Four

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:36 AM

The game is probably deliberately coded that way before launch, to say that Rockstar won't do a patch is f*cking ridiculous, if anything they're probably fooling everyone who has the game early, if not it really is just fun.

Well, I don't think they would code the game that way but they COULD have coded it with a releasedate restriction to disable a few things, this is very well possible, not saying it's what they did but it's possible.

Example :
As long as the current date is smaller than the 17th; propertyinterior = false.

I'm not in denial nor even thinking they did that but it's POSSIBLE.
We will have to wait and see and maybe they will fix some stuff with a title patch

Something such as that would require an always online connection and would be detrimental for everyone who is reviewing the game and a huge waste or resources.  I know you didn't say it was going to happen, just noting that error there.  This is how the game will come out just like it looks on the leaks.  Who's to say they wont make patches and things? Either way, I see people poking a stick at some very minor (and some moderate) concerns.  Nothing seems to be game crushingly bad.  If the worst complaint you have on a game is damage models and car handling than the game sounds like a success to me. 

When you say that though it is interesting, maybe Rockstar deliberately coded the game to not fully function properly before the release day. It's not like they can't specifically code their game to work on a specific date, which is probably what they did, for example the first leak, Jsticks11, when he tried  to walk into people and bump into them so that they fell over he couldn't? Not only that but the damage seems to be not working properly from what I've seen. I mean damage is clearly a lot more diverse than IV, however it appears to be broken in some ways.

This paragraph right here that you posted. Wow why the f*ck are we arguing if you also feel the car damage is lacking aswell as other game features. Dont be delusional thinking it was on purpose do you think they would deliberately make their game look bad just so dat dere leakers dont get a 100% functioning game? Dont be daft the whole world would see the leaks and if Rockstar made their game look bad the whole world would complain, it would be bad for business (que Godfather tune)

Ah, I've had enough of your sh*t, you're clearly not reading what I have put properly, either that or you continue to be a persistent little bastard. You probably don't even understand what I am trying to say? Man f*ck off and learn how to type properly. You're doing my head in!

I like how you reply to that post but ignore the post before it when I prove your stupidity and destroy your argument piece by piece using your own words. Idiot

I listed more than one possibility actually and you'd be an idiot to not see that the damage system is in fact broken! Continue to f*ck Sony exclusives up the ass some more!

You listed more than one possibility yet seem hung up on that 'making it look bad for teh leakers' BS. Even suggesting it shows your stupidity.

Oh sorry? RDR / Half Life 2 were Sony exclusives? Considering they are my best game of all time? Is the fact that I enjoyed TLoU what makes me a 'Sony' fanboy? What does it make you if you consider and class every linear / scripted game as crap, Watch Dogs (a game not even out yet) as rubbish all in the name of proving that GTA V doesnt have the flaws that I am arguing despite the evidence. Answer that my dear anus jibber what does that make you?

Edit: @rela while I respect your civility I have learned when your dealing with GTA fanboys civility goes out the window. If you read further back rela you will see that my only concerns are with the handling of the motorbike and car damage (Come on rela do you really find that motoribke that is f*cking ninja climbing the hills with no bounce / physics acceptable considering GTA IV had it?), If you read my posts in total you will see months ago I expressed a concern with the game and got torn up. Hence the reason I am hostile towards fanboys. They dont respect any other game that isnt GTA and if you read this thread and others you will see. Here are examples.

1. GTA San Andreas is more innovative than Half life 2 (made me PMSL)

2. GTA V has better water graphics than Crysis 3

3. GTA V has the same level of graphics as TLoU.

How can you argue with morons of that calibre?

I understand that some people on here are terrible, and that is why I dropped off here a few years ago... Back in the good old days it was rare to find a troll, hell; the word troll wasn't really needed back then.  However, you stated that your main reason for acting harshly is because you got no respect.  However did I not make you act civilly towards me by showing you respect.  This isn't just some lecture in forum etiquette; it's how everyone should always approach a conversation.  Both sides of the argument that your having with the other guy are a bit biased in my opinion, and I can't see there being an end to this without mods locking it because neither of you is willing to admit they were wrong.  You both have different view points, there is no use arguing that... 

• Ferocious Banger likes this

Thebull94
  • Thebull94

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:38 AM

The game is probably deliberately coded that way before launch, to say that Rockstar won't do a patch is f*cking ridiculous, if anything they're probably fooling everyone who has the game early, if not it really is just fun.

Well, I don't think they would code the game that way but they COULD have coded it with a releasedate restriction to disable a few things, this is very well possible, not saying it's what they did but it's possible.

Example :

We will have to wait and see and maybe they will fix some stuff with a title patch

Something such as that would require an always online connection and would be detrimental for everyone who is reviewing the game and a huge waste or resources.  I know you didn't say it was going to happen, just noting that error there.  This is how the game will come out just like it looks on the leaks.  Who's to say they wont make patches and things? Either way, I see people poking a stick at some very minor (and some moderate) concerns.  Nothing seems to be game crushingly bad.  If the worst complaint you have on a game is damage models and car handling than the game sounds like a success to me. 

When you say that though it is interesting, maybe Rockstar deliberately coded the game to not fully function properly before the release day. It's not like they can't specifically code their game to work on a specific date, which is probably what they did, for example the first leak, Jsticks11, when he tried  to walk into people and bump into them so that they fell over he couldn't? Not only that but the damage seems to be not working properly from what I've seen. I mean damage is clearly a lot more diverse than IV, however it appears to be broken in some ways.

This paragraph right here that you posted. Wow why the f*ck are we arguing if you also feel the car damage is lacking aswell as other game features. Dont be delusional thinking it was on purpose do you think they would deliberately make their game look bad just so dat dere leakers dont get a 100% functioning game? Dont be daft the whole world would see the leaks and if Rockstar made their game look bad the whole world would complain, it would be bad for business (que Godfather tune)

Ah, I've had enough of your sh*t, you're clearly not reading what I have put properly, either that or you continue to be a persistent little bastard. You probably don't even understand what I am trying to say? Man f*ck off and learn how to type properly. You're doing my head in!

I like how you reply to that post but ignore the post before it when I prove your stupidity and destroy your argument piece by piece using your own words. Idiot

I listed more than one possibility actually and you'd be an idiot to not see that the damage system is in fact broken! Continue to f*ck Sony exclusives up the ass some more!

You listed more than one possibility yet seem hung up on that 'making it look bad for teh leakers' BS. Even suggesting it shows your stupidity.

Oh sorry? RDR / Half Life 2 were Sony exclusives? Considering they are my best game of all time? Is the fact that I enjoyed TLoU what makes me a 'Sony' fanboy? What does it make you if you consider and class every linear / scripted game as crap, Watch Dogs (a game not even out yet) as rubbish all in the name of proving that GTA V doesnt have the flaws that I am arguing despite the evidence. Answer that my dear anus jibber what does that make you?

Edit: @rela while I respect your civility I have learned when your dealing with GTA fanboys civility goes out the window. If you read further back rela you will see that my only concerns are with the handling of the motorbike and car damage (Come on rela do you really find that motoribke that is f*cking ninja climbing the hills with no bounce / physics acceptable considering GTA IV had it?), If you read my posts in total you will see months ago I expressed a concern with the game and got torn up. Hence the reason I am hostile towards fanboys. They dont respect any other game that isnt GTA and if you read this thread and others you will see. Here are examples.

I understand that some people on here are terrible, and that is why I dropped off here a few years ago... Back in the good old days it was rare to find a troll, hell; the word troll wasn't really needed back then.  However, you stated that your main reason for acting harshly is because you got no respect.  However did I not make you act civilly towards me by showing you respect.  This isn't just some lecture in forum etiquette; it's how everyone should always approach a conversation.  Both sides of the argument that your having with the other guy are a bit biased in my opinion, and I can't see there being an end to this without mods locking it because neither of you is willing to admit they were wrong.  You both have different view points, there is no use arguing that... 

Your like a super hero or something?

Lol but seriously yea I am beyond trying to prove my point to him and just want to show him how he stupidly contradicted himself to prove a point. 

rela82me
  • rela82me

Three Point One Four

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:43 AM

Example :

success to you???...... lol....... damage model and car handling is the Heart of this game.......ask yourself this simple question......"what is the name of this game"??? Rockstar Games make big mistake with this sh*t car handling.  

Made a mistake? It's their game, the mistake is that you don't like it. The name of this game is Grand Theft Auto V, the V excluded the definition of Grand Theft Auto is stealing cars.  Their basis of this game hasn't and never will be solely based on driving, it has been free for all sandbox experience. Many agreed that it was a mistake in IV to make the handling the way they did.  It was hardly realistic but it bared more traits to realism than their past titlesThe fact of the matter is, this game was designed to make a different experience than IV, hence why they moved the roman numeral up a point.  I'm not sure that you have played V to make a reasonable claim to the fact that you don't like it.  Hell even if when you do play it you still don't like it, driving is only fraction of what the game has to offer.  Are you going to immediately dislike a game because of one aspect, because I have yet to find a game that was perfect in ALL fronts.  Every GTA has had flaws, and some of them more than others.

So you may not prefer one aspect of the game, but does that truly take away from the game as a whole?  Does it change the narrative direction?  Does it change the fluidity of series?  Does it make the game easier to enjoy because you wont spent most of you time hitting lamp post?  Either way you look at it, hate it or love it, the game is an improvement.  I doubt they just deleted lines of code from their handling script and said "That's it, that's perfect!"  They refined it to what they believed was the most fitting for the game; it's not your call to make.  If you hate it and it ruins the game that much for you before you have tried it, might I suggest you not buy it and participate on a forum dedicated to GTA? 

"the game is an improvement"???.......  lol...... please don't lie to me and to yourself.......it's the worst handling ever in GTA !!!!!! .......http://www.youtube.c...er_embedded#t=0

If you fail to notice that your statement was an opinion, than you fail to understand how to show valid points.  I agree that in the video you posted that the physics were unrealistic. However, despite however many ".......'s " you have and multiple punctuation marks, it doesn't change the fact that it might still be fun.  I have never known GTA to be a life simulator, infact it's a game.  And last I check all games were designed to provide a fun experience for gamers.

Now imagine in this game trying to get up that hill with GTA IV physics if you will.  If I were to want to do that I would need the Sanchez or some other off-road vehicle.  That limits the amount of vehicles that woul get me to that destination without having to go around and find a road to get to it.  Now most of this game is wilderness and terrain. If only a handful of cars are useful for transportation, where is the fun in that?  They made the game easier to traverse, and more fun in my opinion. I appreciate that you don't like it, but in no way shape or form does that make me a liar.  If you don't have a civil response back than don't reply. 

ROCKGTASTAR
  • ROCKGTASTAR

Peon

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:46 AM

Example :

Let me be the one to respect this comment  :^:

What you say is absolutely true!

• rela82me likes this

rela82me
  • rela82me

Three Point One Four

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:52 AM

Your like a super hero or something?

Lol but seriously yea I am beyond trying to prove my point to him and just want to show him how he stupidly contradicted himself to prove a point. 

Haha, no... in fact I can be a dick on these forums myself (years ago I was being considered to become a mod), but I just try to be fair at least when it comes to a serious topic such as this.  We are talking about a major feature in the game nonetheless, however the topic has turned into a pissing contest.  There really is no points to prove when you bring up opinions. Proving someone stupid on a forum is about as useless as yelling at the deaf.  Just move and and discuss the topic at hand.    

AlasClarin
  • AlasClarin

Playa

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:55 AM

Rockstar inspiration for GTA V driving: gif_500x130_9776e9.gif

• JULIOOO84 likes this

twigs2001
  • twigs2001

Homie

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 02:04 AM Edited by twigs2001, 15 September 2013 - 02:06 AM.

I wouldn't even mind the handling its just there is no suspension at all....feels so boring and dry, and the protagonists physics seem off when they fly off a motorcycle in a high speed crash, you literally land on the floor, roll once and then stop like you hit a invisible wall...so much for tumbling down the mountain!

• boxmonster likes this

Thebull94
  • Thebull94

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 September 2013 - 02:08 AM

Lol. Just finished reading rela's mature post then the comment underneath it made me lol. I read his comment and kinda felt like yea maybe I should drop it then a guy posts a gif of crazy taxi. lol haha!

josephene123
  • josephene123

No

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 02:16 AM

josephene123: Definitely it's an exaggeration. Sports cars in GTA IV don't handle like tanks. What the f*ck? Play the game again.

Me or the other guy? I wasn't agreeing with him, I liked IV and TBoGT's handling a lot.

josephene123
  • josephene123

No

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 02:51 AM Edited by josephene123, 15 September 2013 - 02:59 AM.

There will be a day one patch, or a very soon patch. This isn't coming from Rockstar but lets be honest with ourselves, that gameplay with the bike and the gameplay with the mountain bike a while ago were just unacceptable. Hopefully with it they'll make cars less durable and fix up some of the damage too. Those who don't like the driving (including me) will just have to deal with it, because although minor things will be ironed out, there unfortunately won't be any kind of overhaul.

In Grand Theft Auto, I've always looked at the series as being the absolute pinnacle of its genre. From III to Vice City to San Andreas and even to IV, nearly every feature was done better by Rockstar than any other competitor was capable of. Driving has always been the best in GTA games compared to competitors, shooting has to my knowledge, been superior, physics (especially in IV), story, action, the authentic feel that these games have which no other does due to it being nearly always the most advanced that it almost possibly can be. 

I understand that some people didn't like the driving in IV, but it was a step forward - you were more restricted, you had challenge, because nearly everything about it was more realistic. The bodyroll was distinct, but I understand it was much too much at times, the thing is, no other game (which isn't a simulator) I had played felt anywhere near as satisfying. Physics were a huuuuge step forward, the impacts were f*cking beautiful and the visual carnage of a high speed collision was unlike any other with the amazing dynamic damage morphing or whatever you'd call it. Challenge isn't always fun, but in a game called Grand Theft Auto, challenge which means you can't ALWAYS weave through all of traffic at top speed, and handling which required more skill was good, I don't see why anybody would ever feel any differently unless they just wanted a very very quick fix, but I suppose it's hard to put yourself in another persons shoes if your idea of fun is different to theirs. 

GTA V's driving disappoints me. This would have been okay if not great in the SA era, because the much-more-arcadey (I'm not using that as an insult, it's pretty much fact) would have fit better in a generation where A.) The graphics and world were not as life-like as we have now, it would have blended and been natural. B.) R* hadn't already striven for a more realistic approach to driving mechanics and did a pretty good job on their first try with IV, and a better one with TBoGT, now it seems odd to regress realism and authenticity on the very feature that the game is named after. And C.) It was just the sports cars. I understand that the sports cars are in a league of their own, but the driving for other vehicles looks ridiculous too. The bike, as shown above. The ATV, which managed to do a complete no-exaggeration 90 degree turn in an instant on dirt while moving. The mountain bike, which allowed Michael to stay glued to the seat on collision despite jumping down cliffs and hills 10-20 meters high about 5 times within a minute, before being capable of driving up a beach cliff atleast 10-15 meters high at a 60 degree angle as if it were tarmac. I was also disappointed by the fact that I've seen sports cars drive head on straight into other cars at their very top speed and had merely a scratch, with neither cars even leaving the ground at any time, it doesn't look satisfying, and sometimes it looks really hard to create any of the chaos that was possible in IV

These kinds of things really ruin the immersion for me in a game which is so very excellent in pretty much every other area, and quite honestly what at first looked like trash from Watch_Dog's driving now looks like the most impressive and challenging that there is in an open world game. Rant over, phew. :pp

• Ermac. and Blue_spiky like this

jumper2011
  • jumper2011

Prankster

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 02:56 AM Edited by jumper2011, 15 September 2013 - 02:57 AM.

There wont be a patch for drive physics. Its new and youo kids have to deal with it. Dont like it? Stay at gta4, seriosly.

You people take this drive physics and controls way to seriously. GTA is not a f*cking driving simulator.

Driving is fine in GTA5. For Cars,planes and everything, its f*cking fine. Get over it.

LSSDLSPD
  • LSSDLSPD

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 September 2013 - 03:04 AM

LOL.... Does anyone have a Live game play link?

rela82me
  • rela82me

Three Point One Four

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:11 AM

@josephene

I have gathered some post that highlight why I think that you may be looking at it all wrong.  I don't think that you were able to look back a few pages to see it here. I will discuss your post at the end. 

...[continued]

These kinds of things really ruin the immersion for me in a game which is so very excellent in pretty much every other area, and quite honestly what at first looked like trash from Watch_Dog's driving now looks like the most impressive and challenging that there is in an open world game. Rant over, phew. :pp

Okay everyone this is getting out of hand, I think the people that are deep into this debate need to read everything they have wrote for the past 10 entries and see how silly you all sound.

Here is my unbiased 2 cents. I am a huge fan of open world games, and have played every GTA since the beginning.  I love the series I truly do, and I do so because each one is different.  Rockstar is a reputable company because it isn't afraid to pick and choose what they feel most people will like.  A lot of people complained about the driving in GTA IV, I personally hated it until I got half way through the game and I got used to it.  After that I actually really liked it.  

That is where people are going wrong, they may hate it because they took something out that you previously liked.  You probably previously enjoyed driving around in GTA SA, and the change made you upset at first.  When you first get off that boat in IV the driving truly takes you a while to get used to and its easy to hate at first.  The handling this generation has been adapted to fit the landscape, the consumers, and style of vehicles we'll be driving. It's easy for IV to be more realistic in a setting where its 90% road, but things such as V where is 70% nature things have to be reevaluated.  Driving in the grass and off-road terrain in IV was terrible, I couldn't get used to it and made it lose it's fun value to me.  So Rockstar probably played this game (much longer than you have been WATCHING leaks) and chose what fit the game the best.  It's hard to look at it from a developers point of view, and not a consumer who has expectations of the past.  The damage isn't gone from what I see, it's simply refined so that you can acquire more hits until the damage is displayed.  That's only a plus for me and many drivers seeing as though we will be hitting many things while driving off-road. 

My advice just give the damn game a chance, play through the entirety of the whole thing; and THEN make your claims.  Sure the driving seems arcadey (and perhaps it may be) but you never know how terrible it could have been with previous generation mechanics. 

success to you???...... lol....... damage model and car handling is the Heart of this game.......ask yourself this simple question......"what is the name of this game"??? Rockstar Games make big mistake with this sh*t car handling.  

Made a mistake? It's their game, the mistake is that you don't like it. The name of this game is Grand Theft Auto V, the V excluded the definition of Grand Theft Auto is stealing cars.  Their basis of this game hasn't and never will be solely based on driving, it has been free for all sandbox experience. Many agreed that it was a mistake in IV to make the handling the way they did.  It was hardly realistic but it bared more traits to realism than their past titles. The fact of the matter is, this game was designed to make a different experience than IV, hence why they moved the roman numeral up a point.  I'm not sure that you have played V to make a reasonable claim to the fact that you don't like it.  Hell even if when you do play it you still don't like it, driving is only fraction of what the game has to offer.  Are you going to immediately dislike a game because of one aspect, because I have yet to find a game that was perfect in ALL fronts.  Every GTA has had flaws, and some of them more than others.

So you may not prefer one aspect of the game, but does that truly take away from the game as a whole?  Does it change the narrative direction?  Does it change the fluidity of series?  Does it make the game easier to enjoy because you wont spent most of you time hitting lamp post?  Either way you look at it, hate it or love it, the game is an improvement.  I doubt they just deleted lines of code from their handling script and said "That's it, that's perfect!"  They refined it to what they believed was the most fitting for the game; it's not your call to make.  If you hate it and it ruins the game that much for you before you have tried it, might I suggest you not buy it and participate on a forum dedicated to GTA? 

Are you assuming that GTA V is bad because of one aspect you dislike?  I haven't heard of one game developer studio tailoring its entire game towards a single (or even 300) user/s.  Perhaps you should really evaluate whether or not "different" (note I didn't use worse) handling really sets themselves to the levels of "them clones."  It's certainly okay to dislike a feature, hell its okay to dislike it even though you haven't even tried it... However, for you own sanity, ask yourself truly, does this diminish the overall quality of everything this game accomplishes?  If the answer is yes, then I am truly sorry that your view on Rockstar and their games is simply based on one aspect of the game.

If someone can't overlook a feature that will no doubt still be fun, it's just going to function differently than previous titles, than perhaps gaming isn't for you.  When you play a game, you're ONLY playing one game, not all the past games at the same time.  Set your biases aside and see if you actually like what your playing, or just comparing horses and donkeys.  

Okay let's try and keep this somewhat civil, I see your overall point, that you're dissatisfied with Rockstars approach to GTA V's handling, great we got that.  I see you're point of view, and I appreciate it all the same.  However, this isn't a universal opinion, these were your expectations, nothing that was promised to be delivered.  They said they refined the driving, which they did; whether that be for better or worse.  In my opinion it's for the better, I don't want to be taken away from the driving experience because I hit poles and walls all the time.  Anyhow, I don't think that anyone was arguing that the game has a timed code in it, they were just throwing out hypotheticals.  It's obvious that it isn't, I believe you are in attack mode at the moment, and are looking for things to be upset over right now.

Try to take a step back and post from 100% logic standpoint and not an emotional one, majority of you post on here are calling people fa**ots and demeaning their interpretations.  I understand that it's not what you want, but because I may want something opposite of you doesn't make me an idiot or piece of sh*t.  Lastly I will leave you with this, is GTA V handling truly affecting you as much as your post portray you as emotionally? 

You brought up some great points, and unfortunately not everyone can be satisfied by everything.  Me for instance, I hated the driving in IV; however, I got used to it, but I always preferred not to drive. I think the fact that is hardest for people to take is from your second point.  The graphics are so much better, and it makes it difficult to take an adjustment that augments further from reality.  However, this game and video games in general aren't made to simulate real life to the T.  They are meant to help you escape and immerse yourself in another world.  For me I feel like I would be more immersed if I am a badass driver weaving in and out of traffic with perfection.  It keeps the persona that I am a high end criminal literally making millions of dollars.  Do you think a real gangster as successful as our previous protagonist would have been driving into wall and lampost, hitting pedestrians and doing 360 flips in the air?

This gives me a more badass impression from my character not requiring all that practice it took me to get good at driving in GTA IV.  I can also appreciate though  that it is something that you are looking for; however, from what I see of the leaks not every car handles the same.  Before this post gets any longer I am going to end it, but if you care to continue please reply. It seems as though you had sense and weren't aggressive. 

gta5freemode4eva
  • gta5freemode4eva

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:49 AM Edited by gta5freemode4eva, 15 September 2013 - 06:54 AM.

GTAV handling and physics is silly and un-real and so so out of place. Turn on a six-pence, stupidly fast acceration and braking, no body roll etc... its just awful.

Now if we take that same dynamic and apply it to weapons and other areas then the following is what we get - 

We don't need to re-load, infinite ammo so we can hold down the fire button forever (because its arcadey and fun yay!! :/ )

what about we don't lose health and we're invinsible?

Put them together and what do you get?????????????????????

Saints Row :(

If you like this arcade handling and physics that are just kid like and silly then you should also like pistols that fire rockets (because its arcadey and fun yay!!  :/ )

Rockstar f*cked up the most important part of the game... or they designed it for kids.

Why re-imagine Southern California and make a game to be a parody of life,and then fill it with silly handling and physics... it just un-does all of R*s hard work. 

Yes I can drive 240 vehicles but if they handle and feel like silly little kiddie cartoon vehicles  then what was the f*cking point in modelling them to look so real??? Its f*cking stupid arse logic... its AWFUL!!!

GTAV is for kids :/

• Blue_spiky likes this

kastrenzo
  • kastrenzo

Hustler

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:50 AM

as long as the car audio sounds appropriate, and there isn't MCLA style traffic EVERYWHERE,  Then I think I can get over it

gta5freemode4eva
  • gta5freemode4eva

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:29 AM

LOL.... Does anyone have a Live game play link?

Perfect!!!! - Here you go kids... you can find GTA V in the kiddie section next to the crayons and teddy bears! 

I gotta find me a new 'grown-ups' sand-box game. 

voad1
  • voad1

Prankster

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:47 AM

Haven't bothered reading through the topic, but it's worth mentioning that the driving will be quite popular amongst the casual fanbase (read: the one that matters most). People don't realize how unpopular GTA IV's driving was with people.

I personally loved both the III era and IV era driving, and it being changed doesn't bother me a bit. Better learn to adapt, because it won't be changing.

I did love the 3 era driving. I loved it then. Once I played GTA 4 for a while I grew to love how its driving mechanics worked much more. Wasn't a big fan at first because I couldn't just fly down a road and pull an e brake to take a 90 degree turn. But as I played more and more I really grew to love it. Driving in something such as crackdown, sleeping dogs, saints row, etc. Just seems so shallow and dull. Like a chore instead of something engaging, challenging, or fun for me. It was something that set 4 apart from any of it's copy cats. I really do hope that it isn't so different from 4. But from the vids I see it doesn't look good. I still look forward to all the things that make GTA... GTA. The humor, the well crafted characters and story, and hopefully some much improved gunplay.

matsix
  • matsix

Hustler

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:47 AM

Why is this topic still even open... The only people saying the driving is bad is the people who haven't played the game. Every person I've seen

that plays the game says the driving is fine.

• AndrewDeSanta and El Tel like this

MrKovac
  • MrKovac

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:05 AM

Why is this topic still even open... The only people saying the driving is bad is the people who haven't played the game. Every person I've seen

No, people who have played the game 10+ hours have said that the driving mechanics and the crash mechanics is awful. And by watching streams and gameplay you can indeed get a sense of how it is. You don´t neccesarily need to have a controller in your hand...

pewzie
  • pewzie

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:06 AM

Obvious lie is obvious.

Plenty who have played the game have said the driving is awful. Try reading !

AndrewDeSanta
  • AndrewDeSanta

Republitarian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:08 AM

Just whining bitches bitching. I bet most of them are lying just for sh*ts and gigs. What I really hope (but i highly doubt) is that either these cars have reinforced bumpers and hoods or there'll be a day one patch. 

Blue_spiky
  • Blue_spiky

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:19 AM

GTAV handling and physics is silly and un-real and so so out of place. Turn on a six-pence, stupidly fast acceration and braking, no body roll etc... its just awful.

Now if we take that same dynamic and apply it to weapons and other areas then the following is what we get - 

We don't need to re-load, infinite ammo so we can hold down the fire button forever (because its arcadey and fun yay!! :/ )

what about we don't lose health and we're invinsible?

Put them together and what do you get?????????????????????

Saints Row :(

If you like this arcade handling and physics that are just kid like and silly then you should also like pistols that fire rockets (because its arcadey and fun yay!!  :/ )

Rockstar f*cked up the most important part of the game... or they designed it for kids.

Why re-imagine Southern California and make a game to be a parody of life,and then fill it with silly handling and physics... it just un-does all of R*s hard work. 

Yes I can drive 240 vehicles but if they handle and feel like silly little kiddie cartoon vehicles  then what was the f*cking point in modelling them to look so real??? Its f*cking stupid arse logic... its AWFUL!!!

GTAV is for kids :/

Epsimrove
  • Epsimrove

Forest Stalker

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:32 AM

Not all cars have 1960s suspension.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

I pushed the red button!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:41 AM

Maybe this is why they showed so little driving in the gameplay videos. Meanwhile, in Chicago...

• Blue_spiky likes this

Blue_spiky
  • Blue_spiky

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:54 AM

Maybe this is why they showed so little driving in the gameplay videos. Meanwhile, in Chicago...

Yes maybe thy knew pepole would not like it :(

KennethMBB
  • KennethMBB

Loose as I made your mother last night

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:58 AM

And not all f*cking 2013 cars have F1 handling/suspension. This sh*t pisses me off when people do not know what they are talking about. They think cars nowadays don't roll around and easily flip over when taking a sharp turns. Little known fact, fwd cars will roll so much that rear wheel will lift off the ground so only three wheels are holding the pavement when taking a sharp turn. Watch some videos on hot hatchbacks, after that brush up on your car physics. If every rl car was as solid as the cars in V, people will have broken backs.

Epsimrove
  • Epsimrove

Forest Stalker

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:02 AM Edited by Epsimrove, 15 September 2013 - 09:03 AM.

And not all f*cking 2013 cars have F1 handling/suspension. This sh*t pisses me off when people do not know what they are talking about. They think cars nowadays don't roll around and easily flip over when taking a sharp turns. Little known fact, fwd cars will roll so much that rear wheel will lift off the ground so only three wheels are holding the pavement when taking a sharp turn. Watch some videos on hot hatchbacks, after that brush up on your car physics. If every rl car was as solid as the cars in V, people will have broken backs.

That's funny because none of that sh*t applied to my FWD Mazda 6 and it was no where near gta iv exaggeration when cornering at comparative speeds.

gdfsgdfg
  • gdfsgdfg

Pancakes

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:08 AM

Someone has driven a forklift for a while and every time it would bend left or right it would automatically return to its normal position like what the hell how's that realistic it should tumble down and stay there not magically go back on its wheels it was like in gta sa almost.

KennethMBB
  • KennethMBB

Loose as I made your mother last night

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:09 AM Edited by KennethMBB, 15 September 2013 - 09:10 AM.

That's funny because none of that sh*t applied to my FWD Mazda 6 and it was no where near gta iv exaggeration when cornering at comparative speeds.

probably because your pos mazda 6 understeers the crap out of the tires before it can lift you dumbf*ck. Also you never played IV with a speedometer. If you did, you'll see your car is going considerably faster than it looks like from a third person view. No one seems to know that when in third person view, cars seem to be slower. Put the camera in FPS with some pc mods and it looks like your going fast. The camera has a lot to do with the sense of speed in games. Just like GT5, cockpit view compared to third person view. Try it out for yourself unless you're to much of idiot to discover this sh*t on your own.

watch this video you dumb sh*t mother f*cker, maybe you'll shut the f*ck up before spewing crap out stuff you do not know. You'll see that wheel lifting in that pos at the 1:00 mark.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users