Photo

Downfall of GTA driving begins now - Car handling/physics discussion

1,265 replies to this topic
ROCKGTASTAR
  • ROCKGTASTAR

Peon

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:31 AM

Is anyone actually reading these walls of text?

Not really, well not everything anyway, it gives me a headache even trying to work out what the f*ck they are saying.

I'm skimming through. Some of it makes me laugh, some of it makes me weep for humanity. But basically:

D0N.jpg

Instead of using childish memes, explain yourself? 

It's like watching a bunch of hungry cripples racing each other up a flight of stairs for a picture of a cookie. It makes no sense whatsoever.

Who said that I wanted a cookie? I myself don't even understand how cookies are seen as rewards on a comment system. I agree with you though it is getting really f*cking ridiculous, where are the moderators?

Thebull94
  • Thebull94

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:32 AM

Man I am going to love the sh*t out this game NO DOUBT...

If the driving isn't perfect...f*ck IT 

If the DAMAGE isn't real to life ....f*ck IT

If the plane takes off in 2 seconds...f*ck IT

Cause once I put a silencer on my M4 assault rifle and I get into some bomb ass 

gund fights with Police (who are agressive as f*ck) and ballas who are BALLIN AS f*ck 

sh*t just got real... and when I am playin this game and you all threw 60$ on C.O.D or Saint row suck my cock 

I will be thoroughly enjoying my GTA V f*ck this thread f*ck you,,...this sh*t is good.. 

As much as this is kinda dissing me (I am one of those whiners *sigh*) your thinking is pretty darn good. (Srs)

"Joel kills the fire flies, Joel lost his daughter at the beginning of the game, which I admit that did have me in tears and it was a great start. Yes I have played it, If I purposely have to take a photo of the f*cking case just to make you occupied then shoot!?"

1. Joel kills the fire flies? Well first off all thanks for the spoilers to those who havent played it, second no he kills some fire flies. He doesnt kill all the fire flies? Basically you talked about the first 20 mins of the game lol pm your PSN that would be better. :)

Why would I add a c*nt like you? I did only play the game once because I only liked it for the story, though it's gunplay is also very impressive as well, you certainly get the feeling that every shot counts. I payed £42.00 for The Last Of Us, I'm only paying £35.00 for GTA V. I wasn't that impressed with TLOU and believe me I used to defend the game to death like an idiot. I've seen sense that it was mere hype that caught me off guard. The game was overrated, it got 10's from almost every well known reviewer, then again reviews never mean jack sh*t to me, especially the retards at IGN!  

Oh come on now that lame excuse (trust me I have heard it alot of times then eventually the fanboys fold and admit to not having played it). Give me your PSN lemme verify the trophy then comment to me saying " I am that douche from the forums" then 'block and delete'. As simple as that :)

twigs2001
  • twigs2001

Homie

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:33 AM

Who said that I wanted a cookie? I myself don't even understand how cookies are seen as rewards on a comment system. I agree with you though it is getting really f*cking ridiculous, where are the moderators?

You have been on these forums a week bruv...this is the GTA forums, heated debates about legit business are ALLOWED.

GTAxYushix
  • GTAxYushix

Leave me alone.

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:33 AM

The game is probably deliberately coded that way before launch, to say that Rockstar won't do a patch is f*cking ridiculous, if anything they're probably fooling everyone who has the game early, if not it really is just fun.

Well, I don't think they would code the game that way but they COULD have coded it with a releasedate restriction to disable a few things, this is very well possible, not saying it's what they did but it's possible.

Example :
As long as the current date is smaller than the 17th; propertyinterior = false.

I'm not in denial nor even thinking they did that but it's POSSIBLE.
We will have to wait and see and maybe they will fix some stuff with a title patch

KillaDanny
  • KillaDanny

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:35 AM

At all the videos iv watched, to me the drving looks like it will be like Saints Row.

I dont get?..Cause after how excellent the drving physics are/were in GTA IV, why it would be worse? Should be the same if not better.

You are joking right? All the cars felt so slow and it got boring quick... Dunno about gta v though haven't played it yet so won't talk much

It was the only thing that kept me interested throughout all these years. In all other games driving has mostly been just there. In GTA V it looks to me more like a chore "'Sigh, now I have to drive again" that kind.

That's exactly how I thought about cars in IV... but preferences are preferences I just hope the handling in V is not as bad as people say

rela82me
  • rela82me

Three Point One Four

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:38 AM

The game is probably deliberately coded that way before launch, to say that Rockstar won't do a patch is f*cking ridiculous, if anything they're probably fooling everyone who has the game early, if not it really is just fun.

Well, I don't think they would code the game that way but they COULD have coded it with a releasedate restriction to disable a few things, this is very well possible, not saying it's what they did but it's possible.

Example :

We will have to wait and see and maybe they will fix some stuff with a title patch

Something such as that would require an always online connection and would be detrimental for everyone who is reviewing the game and a huge waste or resources.  I know you didn't say it was going to happen, just noting that error there.  This is how the game will come out just like it looks on the leaks.  Who's to say they wont make patches and things? Either way, I see people poking a stick at some very minor (and some moderate) concerns.  Nothing seems to be game crushingly bad.  If the worst complaint you have on a game is damage models and car handling than the game sounds like a success to me. 

bigwalker
  • bigwalker

Crackhead

• Members

Why are people sh*tting on Max Payne, Tomb Raider and TLOU? Only one of them games has something to do with R* and GTA and thats Max Payne

I don't understand why people are saying TLOU is crap if you watch the cut scenes you can work out the story but that goes for any game where you follow a path and basically isn't open world but you also miss out on the dynamic conversation's what change every time you play and the gun play and stealth was the best I ever seen and the voice acting was amazing

Max Payne people keep saying its boring and just story but again all none open world games are like that and this game had one of the best shooting mechanics I've ever seen

Tomb Raider had brilliant voice acting and a little exploration it was a great game and reboot with a good story

Why can't people like different games? Everyone is allowed to have different tastes. 

I hate COD and B3 but love Halo and Resistance but I don't go around bashing COD and B3.. 

Thebull94
  • Thebull94

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Example :

Thats some sick coding right their brah

Thebull94
  • Thebull94

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:40 AM

Why are people sh*tting on Max Payne, Tomb Raider and TLOU? Only one of them games has something to do with R* and GTA and thats Max Payne

I don't understand why people are saying TLOU is crap if you watch the cut scenes you can work out the story but that goes for any game where you follow a path and basically isn't open world but you also miss out on the dynamic conversation's what change every time you play and the gun play and stealth was the best I ever seen and the voice acting was amazing

Max Payne people keep saying its boring and just story but again all none open world games are like that and this game had one of the best shooting mechanics I've ever seen

Tomb Raider had brilliant voice acting and a little exploration it was a great game and reboot with a good story

Why can't people like different games? Everyone is allowed to have different tastes. 

I hate COD and B3 but love Halo and Resistance but I don't go around bashing COD and B3.. 

To answer your post in 4 words.

They have not played it

Guess what. I used more than 4 words.

El Tel
  • El Tel

It's just a ride.

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:41 AM

It's like watching a bunch of hungry cripples racing each other up a flight of stairs for a picture of a cookie. It makes no sense whatsoever.

I'm not talking about cookies as a reward, I'm talking about hungry cripples racing up stairs for a photograph of food that they think will somehow cure their hunger.

The thread got a lot less retarded since Rel82me started posting though. Finally someone talking sense. I'd also like to paraphrase his signature: If people are getting so upset about a game they have not yet played that they feel the need to argue endlessly about it online, they are doing it wrong. Gaming is supposed to be fun.

ROCKGTASTAR
  • ROCKGTASTAR

Peon

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:42 AM Edited by ROCKGTASTAR, 15 September 2013 - 12:45 AM.

gund fights with Police (who are agressive as f*ck) and ballas who are BALLIN AS f*ck 

sh*t just got real... and when I am playin this game and you all threw 60$ on C.O.D or Saint row suck my cock 

I will be thoroughly enjoying my GTA V f*ck this thread f*ck you,,...this sh*t is good.. 

As much as this is kinda dissing me (I am one of those whiners *sigh*) your thinking is pretty darn good. (Srs)

"Joel kills the fire flies, Joel lost his daughter at the beginning of the game, which I admit that did have me in tears and it was a great start. Yes I have played it, If I purposely have to take a photo of the f*cking case just to make you occupied then shoot!?"

1. Joel kills the fire flies? Well first off all thanks for the spoilers to those who havent played it, second no he kills some fire flies. He doesnt kill all the fire flies? Basically you talked about the first 20 mins of the game lol pm your PSN that would be better. :)

Why would I add a c*nt like you? I did only play the game once because I only liked it for the story, though it's gunplay is also very impressive as well, you certainly get the feeling that every shot counts. I payed £42.00 for The Last Of Us, I'm only paying £35.00 for GTA V. I wasn't that impressed with TLOU and believe me I used to defend the game to death like an idiot. I've seen sense that it was mere hype that caught me off guard. The game was overrated, it got 10's from almost every well known reviewer, then again reviews never mean jack sh*t to me, especially the retards at IGN!  

Oh come on now that lame excuse (trust me I have heard it alot of times then eventually the fanboys fold and admit to not having played it). Give me your PSN lemme verify the trophy then comment to me saying " I am that douche from the forums" then 'block and delete'. As simple as that :)

Meh, O.K then, only to make you look like the idiot you already are. It's Shawno123

If you're that convinced that I haven't played it then you are a Sony fanboy! I played it once and in my opinion the people who claimed that it was overrated were right, huh and that's back when I actually defended the game!  

LSSDLSPD
  • LSSDLSPD

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:43 AM

Is anyone actually reading these walls of text?

D0N.jpg

Nope, i'm just looking for live streams.

ROCKGTASTAR
  • ROCKGTASTAR

Peon

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:44 AM

I'm not talking about cookies as a reward, I'm talking about hungry cripples racing up stairs for a photograph of food that they think will somehow cure their hunger.

The thread got a lot less retarded since Rel82me started posting though. Finally someone talking sense. I'd also like to paraphrase his signature: If people are getting so upset about a game they have not yet played that they feel the need to argue endlessly about it online, they are doing it wrong. Gaming is supposed to be fun.

Agreed!

GTAxYushix
  • GTAxYushix

Leave me alone.

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:46 AM

Example :

Something such as that would require an always online connection and would be detrimental for everyone who is reviewing the game and a huge waste or resources.  I know you didn't say it was going to happen, just noting that error there.  This is how the game will come out just like it looks on the leaks.  Who's to say they wont make patches and things? Either way, I see people poking a stick at some very minor (and some moderate) concerns.  Nothing seems to be game crushingly bad.  If the worst complaint you have on a game is damage models and car handling than the game sounds like a success to me.

You are right on that one but it could also be done with the console time, most people have their console immediatly connected to PSN or LIVE so that could do the trick but most of the people also set their time and date settings right.
Now it could be bypassed with a simple datechanging so that theory could also go into the trashcan but you know, everything is possible with scripting and security.

Now, I am not dissapointed from what I saw or read, i'm excited to get the game as it is, I play alot of racing games so driving wont be a problem, arcadey or not, I will get used to it and like you said : so will the others in a few weeks/months.

I didn't set my expectations that high like some people did here so it's gonna be an amazing experience even if it has flaws, once again, something like you said; Every piece of art has its flaws.

But yeah you made a clear point and I know what you mean :)

abigor115
  • abigor115

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:52 AM

Example :

success to you???...... lol....... damage model and car handling is the Heart of this game.......ask yourself this simple question......"what is the name of this game"??? Rockstar Games make big mistake with this sh*t car handling.

Thebull94
  • Thebull94

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:54 AM

Meh, O.K then, only to make you look like the idiot you already are. It's Shawno123

If you're that convinced that I haven't played it then you are a Sony fanboy! I played it once and in my opinion the people who claimed that it was overrated were right, huh and that's back when I actually defended the game!  

Ok accept me.

Also your not making me look like an idiot I have just wasted my time with too many GTA fanboys calling TLoU and other games sh*t. You have already proven your stupidity by contradicitng yourself every chance you get.

Contradiction 1

"Hypocrite, this like you saying that you have put full trust that these leaks are accurate interpretations of the game?"

You then contradict yourself by saying

"From everyone I've heard play it, they said it's very entertaining, that includes people at Neo Gaf, in fact they had nothing but praise for the game so yeah I have more than one limey ass opinion to back up my point! I know a sh*t game when I see one, Assassin's Creed Black Flag is completely the same as Assassin's Creed III."

The contradiction is you told me I was a hypocrite for trusting leaks (gameplay videos) as a way of judging a game accurately you then go on to say Assassins creed Black Flag is the same as III without it being out. 

Contradiction 2:

"Hypocrite, this like you saying that you have put full trust that these leaks are accurate interpretations of the game?"

you then say

"I know the difference between good games and straight up mediocre garbage, Watch Dog's for example, is a scripted piece of sh*t, with crap voice acting, boring repetitively gameplay, unoriginal game design and piss poor replay value."

The contradiction is again you have based your opinion off a game on what you have seen.

Contradiction 3:

"Go on, f*ck off, fly to your realism, support corrupted developers like EA, Square Enix and Ubisoft,"

I then reply

"Square Enix no comment not played many of their games (Tomb Raider was great!)"

You then say

"Just to let you know that Square Enix only marketed Tomb Raider they didn't develop it, which proves that you know sh*t all about how the industry actually works,"

You said that corrupted companies like Square Enix, I respond by saying no comment as I havent played many games related with that company apart from Tomb Raider and you then for some reason assume that I said that Square Enix made Tomb Raider and say I dont know how the industry works (yea im sure you do).

Your argument is invalid like your exsistence.

ROCKGTASTAR
  • ROCKGTASTAR

Peon

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:54 AM Edited by ROCKGTASTAR, 15 September 2013 - 12:55 AM.

Example :

When you say that though it is interesting, maybe Rockstar deliberately coded the game to not fully function properly before the release day. It's not like they can't specifically code their game to work on a specific date, which is probably what they did, for example the first leak, Jsticks11, when he tried  to walk into people and bump into them so that they fell over he couldn't? Not only that but the damage seems to be not working properly from what I've seen. I mean damage is clearly a lot more diverse than IV, however it appears to be broken in some ways.

GTAxYushix
  • GTAxYushix

Leave me alone.

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:56 AM

Example :

success to you???...... lol....... damage model and car handling is the Heart of this game.......ask yourself this simple question......"what is the name of this game"??? Rockstar Games make big mistake with this sh*t car handling.

How so?

This is not automatically a mistake sir.

People will enjoy it and some will hate it, this game will still be remembered as one of the best (if not the best) games ever made for this gen.

Just give it a chance and try it before judging, it's not that hard you know :) 

Thebull94
  • Thebull94

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:57 AM

Example :

When you say that though it is interesting, maybe Rockstar deliberately coded the game to not fully function properly before the release day. It's not like they can't specifically code their game to work on a specific date, which is probably what they did, for example the first leak, Jsticks11, when he tried  to walk into people and bump into them so that they fell over he couldn't? Not only that but the damage seems to be not working properly from what I've seen. I mean damage is clearly a lot more diverse than IV, however it appears to be broken in some ways.

This paragraph right here that you posted. Wow why the f*ck are we arguing if you also feel the car damage is lacking aswell as other game features. Dont be delusional thinking it was on purpose do you think they would deliberately make their game look bad just so dat dere leakers dont get a 100% functioning game? Dont be daft the whole world would see the leaks and if Rockstar made their game look bad the whole world would complain, it would be bad for business (que Godfather tune)

Cheatz_N_Trickz
  • Cheatz_N_Trickz

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:02 AM

This is not just another game. This is GTA, it's an event. And GTA shouldn't be getting this sh*t because R* are supposed to be better than those clones. Stupid car hardling and planes that take off in 2 seconds is amateur for how far GTA has progressed.

ROCKGTASTAR
  • ROCKGTASTAR

Peon

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:03 AM Edited by ROCKGTASTAR, 15 September 2013 - 01:07 AM.

Example :

This paragraph right here that you posted. Wow why the f*ck are we arguing if you also feel the car damage is lacking aswell as other game features. Dont be delusional thinking it was on purpose do you think they would deliberately make their game look bad just so dat dere leakers dont get a 100% functioning game? Dont be daft the whole world would see the leaks and if Rockstar made their game look bad the whole world would complain, it would be bad for business (que Godfather tune)

Ah, I've had enough of your sh*t, you're clearly not reading what I have put properly, either that or you continue to be a persistent little bastard. You probably don't even understand what I am trying to say? Man f*ck off and learn how to type properly. You're doing my head in!

rela82me
  • rela82me

Three Point One Four

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:06 AM

Example :

Made a mistake? It's their game, the mistake is that you don't like it. The name of this game is Grand Theft Auto V, the V excluded the definition of Grand Theft Auto is stealing cars.  Their basis of this game hasn't and never will be solely based on driving, it has been free for all sandbox experience. Many agreed that it was a mistake in IV to make the handling the way they did.  It was hardly realistic but it bared more traits to realism than their past titlesThe fact of the matter is, this game was designed to make a different experience than IV, hence why they moved the roman numeral up a point.  I'm not sure that you have played V to make a reasonable claim to the fact that you don't like it.  Hell even if when you do play it you still don't like it, driving is only fraction of what the game has to offer.  Are you going to immediately dislike a game because of one aspect, because I have yet to find a game that was perfect in ALL fronts.  Every GTA has had flaws, and some of them more than others.

So you may not prefer one aspect of the game, but does that truly take away from the game as a whole?  Does it change the narrative direction?  Does it change the fluidity of series?  Does it make the game easier to enjoy because you wont spent most of you time hitting lamp post?  Either way you look at it, hate it or love it, the game is an improvement.  I doubt they just deleted lines of code from their handling script and said "That's it, that's perfect!"  They refined it to what they believed was the most fitting for the game; it's not your call to make.  If you hate it and it ruins the game that much for you before you have tried it, might I suggest you not buy it and participate on a forum dedicated to GTA? 

• GTAxYushix likes this

rela82me
  • rela82me

Three Point One Four

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:13 AM

This is not just another game. This is GTA, it's an event. And GTA shouldn't be getting this sh*t because R* are supposed to be better than those clones. Stupid car hardling and planes that take off in 2 seconds is amateur for how far GTA has progressed.

Are you assuming that GTA V is bad because of one aspect you dislike?  I haven't heard of one game developer studio tailoring its entire game towards a single (or even 300) user/s.  Perhaps you should really evaluate whether or not "different" (note I didn't use worse) handling really sets themselves to the levels of "them clones."  It's certainly okay to dislike a feature, hell its okay to dislike it even though you haven't even tried it... However, for you own sanity, ask yourself truly, does this diminish the overall quality of everything this game accomplishes?  If the answer is yes, then I am truly sorry that your view on Rockstar and their games is simply based on one aspect of the game.

If someone can't overlook a feature that will no doubt still be fun, it's just going to function differently than previous titles, than perhaps gaming isn't for you.  When you play a game, you're ONLY playing one game, not all the past games at the same time.  Set your biases aside and see if you actually like what your playing, or just comparing horses and donkeys.  

Thebull94
  • Thebull94

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:15 AM

Example :

Ah, I've had enough of your sh*t, you're clearly not reading what I have put properly, either that or you continue to be a persistent little bastard. You probably don't even understand what I am trying to say? Man f*ck off and learn how to type properly. You're doing my head in!

I like how you reply to that post but ignore the post before it when I prove your stupidity and destroy your argument piece by piece using your own words. Idiot

ROCKGTASTAR
  • ROCKGTASTAR

Peon

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:24 AM

Example :

I like how you reply to that post but ignore the post before it when I prove your stupidity and destroy your argument piece by piece using your own words. Idiot

I listed more than one possibility actually and you'd be an idiot to not see that the damage system is in fact broken! Continue to f*ck Sony exclusives up the ass some more!

rela82me
  • rela82me

Three Point One Four

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:25 AM

Example :

Okay let's try and keep this somewhat civil, I see your overall point, that you're dissatisfied with Rockstars approach to GTA V's handling, great we got that.  I see you're point of view, and I appreciate it all the same.  However, this isn't a universal opinion, these were your expectations, nothing that was promised to be delivered.  They said they refined the driving, which they did; whether that be for better or worse.  In my opinion it's for the better, I don't want to be taken away from the driving experience because I hit poles and walls all the time.  Anyhow, I don't think that anyone was arguing that the game has a timed code in it, they were just throwing out hypotheticals.  It's obvious that it isn't, I believe you are in attack mode at the moment, and are looking for things to be upset over right now.

Try to take a step back and post from 100% logic standpoint and not an emotional one, majority of you post on here are calling people fa**ots and demeaning their interpretations.  I understand that it's not what you want, but because I may want something opposite of you doesn't make me an idiot or piece of sh*t.  Lastly I will leave you with this, is GTA V handling truly affecting you as much as your post portray you as emotionally? 

Thebull94
  • Thebull94

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:28 AM Edited by Thebull94, 15 September 2013 - 01:31 AM.

Example :

I listed more than one possibility actually and you'd be an idiot to not see that the damage system is in fact broken! Continue to f*ck Sony exclusives up the ass some more!

You listed more than one possibility yet seem hung up on that 'making it look bad for teh leakers' BS. Even suggesting it shows your stupidity.

Oh sorry? RDR / Half Life 2 were Sony exclusives? Considering they are my best game of all time? Is the fact that I enjoyed TLoU what makes me a 'Sony' fanboy? What does it make you if you consider and class every linear / scripted game as crap, Watch Dogs (a game not even out yet) as rubbish all in the name of proving that GTA V doesnt have the flaws that I am arguing despite the evidence. Answer that my dear anus jibber what does that make you?

Edit: @rela while I respect your civility I have learned when your dealing with GTA fanboys civility goes out the window. If you read further back rela you will see that my only concerns are with the handling of the motorbike and car damage (Come on rela do you really find that motoribke that is f*cking ninja climbing the hills with no bounce / physics acceptable considering GTA IV had it?), If you read my posts in total you will see months ago I expressed a concern with the game and got torn up. Hence the reason I am hostile towards fanboys. They dont respect any other game that isnt GTA and if you read this thread and others you will see. Here are examples.

1. GTA San Andreas is more innovative than Half life 2 (made me PMSL)

2. GTA V has better water graphics than Crysis 3

3. GTA V has the same level of graphics as TLoU.

How can you argue with morons of that calibre?

ROCKGTASTAR
  • ROCKGTASTAR

Peon

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:31 AM

Example :

You listed more than one possibility yet seem hung up on that 'making it look bad for teh leakers' BS. Even suggesting it shows your stupidity.

Oh sorry? RDR / Half Life 2 were Sony exclusives? Considering they are my best game of all time? Is the fact that I enjoyed TLoU what makes me a 'Sony' fanboy? What does it make you if you consider and class every linear / scripted game as crap, Watch Dogs (a game not even out yet) as rubbish all in the name of proving that GTA V doesnt have the flaws that I am arguing despite the evidence. Answer that my dear anus jibber what does that make you?

Most of the games you've mentioned I've already played and I have my own opinions on what I deem good, quality entertainment. I also liked The Last Of Us, but it was very overrated which is why I don't play it anymore! Uncharted 2 had better replay value and that's no lie! 

abigor115
  • abigor115

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:33 AM

Example :

Made a mistake? It's their game, the mistake is that you don't like it. The name of this game is Grand Theft Auto V, the V excluded the definition of Grand Theft Auto is stealing cars.  Their basis of this game hasn't and never will be solely based on driving, it has been free for all sandbox experience. Many agreed that it was a mistake in IV to make the handling the way they did.  It was hardly realistic but it bared more traits to realism than their past titlesThe fact of the matter is, this game was designed to make a different experience than IV, hence why they moved the roman numeral up a point.  I'm not sure that you have played V to make a reasonable claim to the fact that you don't like it.  Hell even if when you do play it you still don't like it, driving is only fraction of what the game has to offer.  Are you going to immediately dislike a game because of one aspect, because I have yet to find a game that was perfect in ALL fronts.  Every GTA has had flaws, and some of them more than others.

So you may not prefer one aspect of the game, but does that truly take away from the game as a whole?  Does it change the narrative direction?  Does it change the fluidity of series?  Does it make the game easier to enjoy because you wont spent most of you time hitting lamp post?  Either way you look at it, hate it or love it, the game is an improvement.  I doubt they just deleted lines of code from their handling script and said "That's it, that's perfect!"  They refined it to what they believed was the most fitting for the game; it's not your call to make.  If you hate it and it ruins the game that much for you before you have tried it, might I suggest you not buy it and participate on a forum dedicated to GTA? 

"the game is an improvement"???.......  lol...... please don't lie to me and to yourself.......it's the worst handling ever in GTA !!!!!! .......http://www.youtube.c...er_embedded#t=0

Thebull94
  • Thebull94

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:34 AM

Example :

Most of the games you've mentioned I've already played and I have my own opinions on what I deem good, quality entertainment. I also liked The Last Of Us, but it was very overrated which is why I don't play it anymore! Uncharted 2 had better replay value and that's no lie! 

1. You still called Watch Dogs and Assassins creed Black flag a sh*tty game without them even being released in the same sentence in which you tell me not to base my opinion of a game on gameplay videos. Do you see the stupidity in that remark just answer that seriously?

2. While I found Uncharted 2 more fun than TLoU (Still preferred TLoU as the whole experience was stellar imo) going by actual collectibles (Tlou had pendants / hidden conversations / notes / comics) and ways to approach the scenarios TLoU had more replay value. Fact. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users