Today I played GTA V over a friends house while I waited for her to get ready
Now I was a massive fan of GTA IV's driving and I can say that GTA V's driving and handling is not much off of IV. It feels like theyhave tightened the suspension and glued the wheels to the ground. It's a cross between GTA IV and a arcadey NFS game and I must say the end result is very good.
The damage on the game is iffy, you can hit a car at 30 MPH and neither car will show damage what is a personal gripe of mine but when you get into a high speed crash or a very forceful one your car crumples like a tin can, wheels even fall off. So the damage at times blows IV out of the water, also from my experience cars will only blow up from a drop if you land on the gas tank.
From my brief 15 mins with the game I can say that I love the handling of the cars its a good mixture of fun and realism and that the damage system is just as good as IV's but seems toned down
This people is actually coming from someone who has actually played it and is not mere relying on judging a book by it's cover. Damage seems to have a few bugs by the looks of it, at least everything else is almost polished.
Double post but f*ck it.
What If i told you I played the game, and it sucked? Would you believe me? Or do you just believe who you want to believe?
Hypocrite, this like you saying that you have put full trust that these leaks are accurate interpretations of the game? From everyone I've heard play it, they said it's very entertaining, that includes people at Neo Gaf, in fact they had nothing but praise for the game so yeah I have more than one limey ass opinion to back up my point! I know a sh*t game when I see one, Assassin's Creed Black Flag is completely the same as Assassin's Creed III. It took that one game for me to boycott Ubisoft.
I know the difference between good games and straight up mediocre garbage, Watch Dog's for example, is a scripted piece of sh*t, with crap voice acting, boring repetitively gameplay, unoriginal game design and piss poor replay value. I have a few qualms about GTA V, but it's not the stuff you're complaining about! You're simply throwing your dummy out before you've even gotten your hands on it? Now I paid only £35.00 for this, with the amount of depth and content that is featured in this game I would say that I have invested quite sensibly compared to all you blowhards that are wasting hundreds of money just to experience next gen? Go on, f*ck off, fly to your realism, support corrupted developers like EA, Square Enix and Ubisoft, I've been f*cked over too many times to be screwed over by developers now.
As long as GTA V is fun, which by the looks of things it is and that it actually presents a challenge, which it will since players get killed easily than ever before. Wait a minute so they actually bothered to make the game harder? Yet, all you seem to be doing is shouting casual, casual casual, GTA V is not casual game, it's way too hard to be casual, it's fun and presents a well defined challenging experience, what more could a gamer want?
1. Lol yea im the leaked VIDEOS displaying ACTUAL GAMEPLAY must be totally wrong and the handling of the cars are waay different same with the damage. Stfu thats like saying the gameplay trailer was BS and is not what were getting. What I see on video is what im going to get, the difference between me and you is im not in denial.
2. Lol its funny you call me a hypocrite for using a VIDEO to form an opinion on how a game goes (lol @ you discrediting reviews / gameplay trailer and everything) and then you go on to say "Well this guy who has the game said it was good so it must be". Atleast I base my opinion on WHAT I SEE not WHAT I READ. Its the reason this game got hyped up way more than it should have. You all expected the holy grail of gaming. Instead you get an updated San Andreas (not a bad thing but some sh*t like the handling of the vehicles / damage is embarrassing).
3. You then go on to ramble about how Watch dogs is scripted (ill buy your copy of the game if you dont want it?) and scripted blah blah fanboy ramblings. You really are a hypocrite huh? You tell me not to base my opinion on games around videos and you have done just that with Watch Dogs. Pathetic fanboy. Btw I too have pre ordered GTA V
4. He then does the stereotypical fanboy sh*t telling me to go play x games. EA games are f*ckers cuz they killed Mass effect for me, Square Enix no comment not played many of their games (Tomb Raider was great!) and Ubisoft no comment I loved Far Cry 3.
5. You then say GTA is not a casual game. Well why the f*ck have they dumbed it down from the San Andreas era by removing alot of San Andreas features.... AND DOWNGRADING THE VEHICLE HANDLING / DAMAGE FROM GTA IV (a 5 year old game) INSTEAD OF REFINING IT. Thats the f*cking point im trying to make. I have not said the game looks bad ffs if it did I would be stupid to still have my pre order up.....
Seriously take your head out of Rockstars ass before you type a post or atleast wipe their sh*t from your glasses you moron.
EDIT: @ the fool who posted
"They did refine it. Just not in the way you wanted. Deal with it."
Yours and my definition of refinement is severely different my ass jabbing friend
Tomb Raider was not great, it was Americanized to sh*t, not only is it an embarrassment to the franchise, but it's completely turned Tomb Raider into something it's not, it was a B- Scripted linear piece of sh*t, with a retarded A.I, piss poor mechanics that accounted to having quick time events for nearly everything you f*cking did, the voice acting being ear grating as it was and a upgrade system that is completely pointless being as you can complete the game without actually upgrading anything. Oh, yeah and who the f*ck was retarded enough to put regenerative health in a Tomb Raider game? Yet you believe yourself to not be a casual gamer?
Just to let you know that Square Enix only marketed Tomb Raider they didn't develop it, which proves that you know sh*t all about how the industry actually works, the people who developed it were Crystal Dynamic's who's publisher is Square Enix.
I'm waiting for release day, Rockstar's bound to make a patch if it's that bothering for people, otherwise what would be the f*cking point of having GTA ONLINE? This seems like a trick on people who are playing the game early, I mean come on you're telling me that Rockstar didn't prepare for these leaks? They will patch it, GTA ONLINE is proof of that!
1. It was my opinion that Tomb Raider was good. Stfu with Americonised you hipster. It was a good game and a well needed reboot. Scripted / linearity do not make a game you retard. Half Life / Portal / TLoU / Max Payne all say HI IDIOT. Seriously you are raging so hard right now Rockstar must punch you for every negative comment made about the game. Tomb Raider went down the sh*tter after 3 this was well needed. Want to talk about westernised? Thats the exact Route GTA is taking. Cover / more focus on online / simplified vehicle controls and cars made out of granite you hypocrit lapdog
2. Wow you are retarded. You said sell out companies like Square Enix well Square Enix funded the Tomb Raider series to save it from dying you idiot. Read what you say before you post I didnt praise Square Enix for making the game you tool. Pmsl.
3. Lol just you saying Rockstar will patch it proves that you see the issue so why bother arguing and make a fool off yourself by contradicitng yourself with every remark? Haha idiot
EDIT: At the butthurt idiot who doesnt like it when people dont whisper compliments in Rockstars ears who said
"Have you played the game on your own? Have you controled bike and cars on your own? Answer this question moron."
You did see the 8 minute video of the car getting shot / rammed and barely getting damaged and for it taking a full 8 minutes to blow up right?
You did see the motorbike that wtfninjad up the mountain and landed then went completely static no bouncing / suspension at all?
You do read your posts before you post them dont you?
Grow the f*ck up, get both car and bike license, and try damage and driving for your self, on both bike and cars. Calling me a butthurt idiot eh?? Lmao, you too f*ck off from this forum then, you are nothing but a complete troll. You think its easy to just blow up the car in real life by just slaming against other cars and random walls? Leave alone your Chinese made and American made bullsh*t cars, especially bullsh*t hollywood movies. Turn your self into reality, and GTA V is a video game, and has nothing to do with a real life, even if its a problem for you, report the f*cking problem to Rockstar and kiss their dicks to fix it. Im sure out of 100% of GTA Fan's, not even 1% agree with your trolling bullsh*t, go back to GTA 4 if it feels better for you. Was wondering from what redneck land of savages you're coming from anyway. Retard.
Lol you start the post by dear sh*t head then go on to tell me to grow up. Ahh Rockstar fanboys why you like that haha its hilarious!
1. Ok lemme reread your post to you. "Get both car and bike license, and try and damage and driving for yourself, on both bike and cars" when you make sense of that I will attempt to do the same.
2. You just gonna tell everyone to f*ck off from this forum if they disagree with you? lol
3. Ah yes ofc im a troll because I disagree with a few features. Of Course....
4. Chinese and American cars what?
5. Holywood movies?
6. Turn myself into..Reality? (wtf pmfsl)
7. Out of 100% not even 1% think the mechanics are bad yet their are sh*t loads of thread? What the f*ck did I just read.
My friend you are a walking Stereotype of what an uneducated GTA fanboy looks like. Congrats.
"No, GTA V is good! See what I did there?
God you can't type for sh*t! I didn't contradict myself moron, I said that if the physics are that bothering for people, then they will patch it, personally as long as it's fun I don't give a toss what you think. TLOU's was O.K, but the A.I for stealth was extremely dumb, TLOU was overrated, did I like the game? Sure but it wasn't as good as Sony fanboys, I myself included thought it would be! You're casual gamer deal with it! "
1. How can you understand what I am saying if I cant type for sh*t?
2. The stealth for AI was spot on? The only problem was that the enemies didnt detect your allies which was admittedly dumb but wtf has that got to do with anything?
3. TLoU was overrated? Wtf has this got to do with the driving mechanic?
4. I am a casual gamer yet you think any game that is scripted an linear is bad? Explain how I am a casual gamer and I will explain how you are an idiot.
5. Its funny how you call TLoU overrated but not GTA V. GTA V hasnt even came out yet and (MONTHS AGO) it was being called game of the generation. Lol. Let me ask you something about TLoU what happens to Ellies dad? Just a curious question? Google will hopefully help you
P.s I didnt see what you did there.
"The game is probably deliberately coded that way before launch, to say that Rockstar won't do a patch is f*cking ridiculous, if anything they're probably fooling everyone who has the game early, if not it really is just fun."
Just the fact that you think Rockstar deliberately made the game have arcade like driving and abysmal car damage shows you see a problem. It also is sad how much in denial you are. Yes Rockstar deliberately made the game bad so those darn leakers wouldnt enjoy the game however, in turn make Rockstar's game look bad in their leaked videos. Ah logic.
DOUBLE EDIT: Dat dere quote train