Photo

Downfall of GTA driving begins now - Car handling/physics discussion

1,265 replies to this topic
twigs2001
  • twigs2001

Homie

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:54 PM

Our only hope is someone gets a petition going and R* patch in an option for us to choose how we want them to handle, surely someone has notified R* of this issue? And before anyone says its just us i've read the exact same problem on other forums, i suspect no one has forwarded any issue to R* because it's not yet officially released, but come tuesday im sure they will hear it.

You haven't even played the game yet or felt the driving so your opinion is utterly irrelevant
Please will you f*ck off out of the thread and stop trolling? I don't need to play the game to know the suspension is missing, the bike gameplay video shows it and the physics on his game arnt going to change for my game you troll, when i get the game on monday and come back to this thread and say the exact same thing, what are you going to throw at me as an excuse then? Complete idiot.

You haven't played the game or felt the driving and once everyone has the game you are going to look completely and utterly stupid and further your persona of being a thick Northern twat.

Ill come here and say the same and then you will find some other excuse like "its different on the 360 to the PS3" your a muppet thinking the physics on my game are going to different to the one we can SEE in the video, yes SEE, we don't need to FEEL it you can SEE lack of suspension when the bike lands, the same as i don't need to go and sniff a peice of sh*t to know it stinks, what a complete muppet i suggest you keep bending over that table for rockstar to get in it good and deep your probably used to that anyway being from the motherland of gays aka brighton.

• JULIOOO84 likes this

El Tel
  • El Tel

It's just a ride.

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:58 PM

Is anyone actually reading these walls of text?

Not really, well not everything anyway, it gives me a headache even trying to work out what the f*ck they are saying.

I'm skimming through. Some of it makes me laugh, some of it makes me weep for humanity. But basically:

D0N.jpg

ROCKGTASTAR
  • ROCKGTASTAR

Peon

• Members

Our only hope is someone gets a petition going and R* patch in an option for us to choose how we want them to handle, surely someone has notified R* of this issue? And before anyone says its just us i've read the exact same problem on other forums, i suspect no one has forwarded any issue to R* because it's not yet officially released, but come tuesday im sure they will hear it.

You haven't even played the game yet or felt the driving so your opinion is utterly irrelevant
Please will you f*ck off out of the thread and stop trolling? I don't need to play the game to know the suspension is missing, the bike gameplay video shows it and the physics on his game arnt going to change for my game you troll, when i get the game on monday and come back to this thread and say the exact same thing, what are you going to throw at me as an excuse then? Complete idiot.

You haven't played the game or felt the driving and once everyone has the game you are going to look completely and utterly stupid and further your persona of being a thick Northern twat.

Ill come here and say the same and then you will find some other excuse like "its different on the 360 to the PS3" your a muppet thinking the physics on my game are going to different to the one we can SEE in the video, yes SEE, we don't need to FEEL it you can SEE lack of suspension when the bike lands, the same as i don't need to go and sniff a peice of sh*t to know it stinks, what a complete muppet i suggest you keep bending over that table for rockstar to get in it good and deep your probably used to that anyway being from the motherland of gays aka brighton.

The game is probably deliberately coded that way before launch, to say that Rockstar won't do a patch is f*cking ridiculous, if anything they're probably fooling everyone who has the game early, if not it really is just fun.

!GaMeR!
  • !GaMeR!

Don Montana

• Members

Everyone just needs to wait for the bloody game to drop so then people can make accurate judgements. Quit arguing.

twigs2001
  • twigs2001

Homie

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:59 PM Edited by twigs2001, 15 September 2013 - 12:01 AM.

I know, he is a complete mentally retarded troll like Thebull94. 

PS: People forgot about handling customatization in GTA V.

Why dont you leave the thread then? Getting all butthurt because i have a different opinion. :yawn:

Just like some other guy in the thread said, the ones you are calling trolls etc are the ones making the most sense and wrighting out well thought and constructive posts with facts, yet you on the other hand along with many others just keep coming in here and screaming retards! retards! retards!.

ItsClipZz
  • ItsClipZz

Trick

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:00 AM

Yeah, sucks that the casual gamers who will play the game for a week and then go back to COD have ruined the game for proper GTA fans who CAN drive and would play for many years.

I'll have to load up GTA4 whenever I enter a vehicle. :/

I know mate its sad times to be a gta fan atm...

ROCKGTASTAR
  • ROCKGTASTAR

Peon

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:00 AM

Not really, well not everything anyway, it gives me a headache even trying to work out what the f*ck they are saying.

I'm skimming through. Some of it makes me laugh, some of it makes me weep for humanity. But basically:

D0N.jpg

Instead of using childish memes, explain yourself? 

Thebull94
  • Thebull94

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:01 AM Edited by Thebull94, 15 September 2013 - 12:06 AM.

Double post:

Today I played GTA V over a friends house while I waited for her to get ready 

Now I was a massive fan of GTA IV's driving and I can say that GTA V's driving and handling is not much off of IV. It feels like theyhave tightened the suspension and glued the wheels to the ground. It's a cross between GTA IV and a arcadey NFS game and I must say the end result is very good.

The damage on the game is iffy, you can hit a car at 30 MPH and neither car will show damage what is a personal gripe of mine but when you get into a high speed crash or a very forceful one your car crumples like a tin can, wheels even fall off. So the damage at times blows IV out of the water, also from my experience cars will only blow up from a drop if you land on the gas tank.

From my brief 15 mins with the game I can say that I love the handling of the cars its a good mixture of fun and realism and that the damage system is just as good as IV's but seems toned down

This people is actually coming from someone who has actually played it and is not mere relying on judging a book by it's cover. Damage seems to have a few bugs by the looks of it, at least everything else is almost polished.

Double post but f*ck it.

What If i told you I played the game, and it sucked? Would you believe me? Or do you just believe who you want to believe?

Hypocrite, this like you saying that you have put full trust that these leaks are accurate interpretations of the game? From everyone I've heard play it, they said it's very entertaining, that includes people at Neo Gaf, in fact they had nothing but praise for the game so yeah I have more than one limey ass opinion to back up my point! I know a sh*t game when I see one, Assassin's Creed Black Flag is completely the same as Assassin's Creed III. It took that one game for me to boycott Ubisoft.

I know the difference between good games and straight up mediocre garbage, Watch Dog's for example, is a scripted piece of sh*t, with crap voice acting, boring repetitively gameplay, unoriginal game design and piss poor replay value. I have a few qualms about GTA V, but it's not the stuff you're complaining about! You're simply throwing your dummy out before you've even gotten your hands on it? Now I paid only £35.00 for this, with the amount of depth and content that is featured in this game I would say that I have invested quite sensibly compared to all you blowhards that are wasting hundreds of money just to experience next gen? Go on, f*ck off, fly to your realism, support corrupted developers like EA, Square Enix and Ubisoft, I've been f*cked over too many times to be screwed over by developers now.

As long as GTA V is fun, which by the looks of things it is and that it actually presents a challenge, which it will since players get killed easily than ever before. Wait a minute so they actually bothered to make the game harder? Yet, all you seem to be doing is shouting casual, casual casual, GTA V is not casual game, it's way too hard to be casual, it's fun and presents a well defined challenging experience, what more could a gamer want?

1. Lol yea im the leaked VIDEOS displaying ACTUAL GAMEPLAY must be totally wrong and the handling of the cars are waay different same with the damage. Stfu thats like saying the gameplay trailer was BS and is not what were getting. What I see on video is what im going to get, the difference between me and you is im not in denial.

2. Lol its funny you call me a hypocrite for using a VIDEO to form an opinion on how a game goes (lol @ you discrediting reviews / gameplay trailer and everything) and then you go on to say "Well this guy who has the game said it was good so it must be". Atleast I base my opinion on WHAT I SEE not WHAT I READ. Its the reason this game got hyped up way more than it should have. You all expected the holy grail of gaming. Instead you get an updated San Andreas (not a bad thing but some sh*t like the handling of the vehicles / damage is embarrassing).

3. You then go on to ramble about how Watch dogs is scripted (ill buy your copy of the game if you dont want it?) and scripted blah blah fanboy ramblings. You really are a hypocrite huh? You tell me not to base my opinion on games around videos and you have done just that with Watch Dogs. Pathetic fanboy. Btw I too have pre ordered GTA V :)

4. He then does the stereotypical fanboy sh*t telling me to go play x games. EA games are f*ckers cuz they killed Mass effect for me, Square Enix no comment not played many of their games (Tomb Raider was great!) and Ubisoft no comment I loved Far Cry 3.

5. You then say GTA is not a casual game. Well why the f*ck have they dumbed it down from the San Andreas era by removing alot of San Andreas features.... AND DOWNGRADING THE VEHICLE HANDLING / DAMAGE FROM GTA IV (a 5 year old game) INSTEAD OF REFINING IT. Thats the f*cking point im trying to make. I have not said the game looks bad ffs if it did I would be stupid to still have my pre order up.....

Seriously take your head out of Rockstars ass before you type a post or atleast wipe their sh*t from your glasses you moron.

EDIT: @ the fool who posted 

"They did refine it. Just not in the way you wanted. Deal with it."

Yours and my definition of refinement is severely different my ass jabbing friend :)

Tomb Raider was not great, it was Americanized to sh*t, not only is it an embarrassment to the franchise, but it's completely turned Tomb Raider into something it's not, it was a B- Scripted linear piece of sh*t, with a retarded A.I, piss poor mechanics that accounted to having quick time events for nearly everything you f*cking did, the voice acting being ear grating as it was and a upgrade system that is completely pointless being as you can complete the game without actually upgrading anything. Oh, yeah and who the f*ck was retarded enough to put regenerative health in a Tomb Raider game? Yet you believe yourself to not be a casual gamer? 

Just to let you know that Square Enix only marketed Tomb Raider they didn't develop it, which proves that you know sh*t all about how the industry actually works, the people who developed it were Crystal Dynamic's who's publisher is Square Enix.

I'm waiting for release day, Rockstar's bound to make a patch if it's that bothering for people, otherwise what would be the f*cking point of having GTA ONLINE? This seems like a trick on people who are playing the game early, I mean come on you're telling me that Rockstar didn't prepare for these leaks? They will patch it, GTA ONLINE is proof of that!

1. It was my opinion that Tomb Raider was good. Stfu with Americonised you hipster. It was a good game and a well needed reboot. Scripted / linearity do not make a game you retard. Half Life / Portal / TLoU / Max Payne all say HI IDIOT. Seriously you are raging so hard right now Rockstar must punch you for every negative comment made about the game. Tomb Raider went down the sh*tter after 3 this was well needed. Want to talk about westernised? Thats the exact Route GTA is taking. Cover / more focus on online / simplified vehicle controls and cars made out of granite you hypocrit lapdog

2. Wow you are retarded. You said sell out companies like Square Enix well Square Enix funded the Tomb Raider series to save it from dying you idiot. Read what you say before you post I didnt praise Square Enix for making the game you tool. Pmsl.

3. Lol just you saying Rockstar will patch it proves that you see the issue so why bother arguing and make a fool off yourself by contradicitng yourself with every remark? Haha idiot

EDIT: At the butthurt idiot who doesnt like it when people dont whisper compliments in Rockstars ears who said

"Have you played the game on your own? Have you controled bike and cars on your own? Answer this question moron."

You did see the 8 minute video of the car getting shot / rammed and barely getting damaged and for it taking a full 8 minutes to blow up right?

You did see the motorbike that wtfninjad up the mountain and landed then went completely static no bouncing / suspension at all?

You do read your posts before you post them dont you?

Dear sh*thead,

Grow the f*ck up, get both car and bike license, and try damage and driving for your self, on both bike and cars. Calling me a butthurt idiot eh?? Lmao, you too f*ck off from this forum then, you are nothing but a complete troll. You think its easy to just blow up the car in real life by just slaming against other cars and random walls? Leave alone your Chinese made and American made bullsh*t cars, especially bullsh*t hollywood movies. Turn your self into reality, and GTA V is a video game, and has nothing to do with a real life, even if its a problem for you, report the f*cking problem to Rockstar and kiss their dicks to fix it. Im sure out of 100% of GTA Fan's, not even 1% agree with your trolling bullsh*t, go back to GTA 4 if it feels better for you. Was wondering from what redneck land of savages you're coming from anyway. Retard.

Lol you start the post by dear sh*t head then go on to tell me to grow up. Ahh Rockstar fanboys why you like that haha its hilarious!

1. Ok lemme reread your post to you. "Get both car and bike license, and try and damage and driving for yourself, on both bike and cars" when you make sense of that I will attempt to do the same.

2. You just gonna tell everyone to f*ck off from this forum if they disagree with you? lol

3. Ah yes ofc im a troll because I disagree with a few features. Of Course....

4.  Chinese and American cars what?

5. Holywood movies?

6. Turn myself into..Reality? (wtf pmfsl)

7. Out of 100% not even 1% think the mechanics are bad yet their are sh*t loads of thread? What the f*ck did I just read.

My friend you are a walking Stereotype of what an uneducated GTA fanboy looks like. Congrats.

"No, GTA V is good! See what I did there?

God you can't type for sh*t! I didn't contradict myself moron, I said that if the physics are that bothering for people, then they will patch it, personally as long as it's fun I don't give a toss what you think. TLOU's was O.K, but the A.I for stealth was extremely dumb, TLOU was overrated, did I like the game? Sure but it wasn't as good as Sony fanboys, I myself included thought it would be! You're casual gamer deal with it!  "

1. How can you understand what I am saying if I cant type for sh*t?

2. The stealth for AI was spot on? The only problem was that the enemies didnt detect your allies which was admittedly dumb but wtf has that got to do with anything?

3. TLoU was overrated? Wtf has this got to do with the driving mechanic?

4. I am a casual gamer yet you think any game that is scripted an linear is bad? Explain how I am a casual gamer and I will explain how you are an idiot. 

5. Its funny how you call TLoU overrated but not GTA V. GTA V hasnt even came out yet and (MONTHS AGO) it was  being called game of the generation. Lol. Let me ask you something about TLoU what happens to Ellies dad? Just a curious question? Google will hopefully help you :)

P.s I didnt see what you did there.

EDIT:

"The game is probably deliberately coded that way before launch, to say that Rockstar won't do a patch is f*cking ridiculous, if anything they're probably fooling everyone who has the game early, if not it really is just fun."

Just the fact that you think Rockstar deliberately made the game have arcade like driving and abysmal car damage shows you see a problem. It also is sad how much in denial you are. Yes Rockstar deliberately made the game bad so those darn leakers wouldnt enjoy the game however, in turn make Rockstar's game look bad in their leaked videos. Ah logic.

DOUBLE EDIT: Dat dere quote train

KillaDanny
  • KillaDanny

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:05 AM Edited by KillaDanny, 15 September 2013 - 12:06 AM.

At all the videos iv watched, to me the drving looks like it will be like Saints Row.

I dont get?..Cause after how excellent the drving physics are/were in GTA IV, why it would be worse? Should be the same if not better.

You are joking right? All the cars felt so slow and it got boring quick... Dunno about gta v though haven't played it yet so won't talk much

Pantera2198
  • Pantera2198

Prankster

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:06 AM

Man I am going to love the sh*t out this game NO DOUBT...

If the driving isn't perfect...f*ck IT 

If the DAMAGE isn't real to life ....f*ck IT

If the plane takes off in 2 seconds...f*ck IT

Cause once I put a silencer on my M4 assault rifle and I get into some bomb ass 

gund fights with Police (who are agressive as f*ck) and ballas who are BALLIN AS f*ck 

sh*t just got real... and when I am playin this game and you all threw 60$ on C.O.D or Saint row suck my cock 

I will be thoroughly enjoying my GTA V f*ck this thread f*ck you,,...this sh*t is good.. 

ROCKGTASTAR
  • ROCKGTASTAR

Peon

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:07 AM

Double post:

Now I was a massive fan of GTA IV's driving and I can say that GTA V's driving and handling is not much off of IV. It feels like theyhave tightened the suspension and glued the wheels to the ground. It's a cross between GTA IV and a arcadey NFS game and I must say the end result is very good.

The damage on the game is iffy, you can hit a car at 30 MPH and neither car will show damage what is a personal gripe of mine but when you get into a high speed crash or a very forceful one your car crumples like a tin can, wheels even fall off. So the damage at times blows IV out of the water, also from my experience cars will only blow up from a drop if you land on the gas tank.

From my brief 15 mins with the game I can say that I love the handling of the cars its a good mixture of fun and realism and that the damage system is just as good as IV's but seems toned down

This people is actually coming from someone who has actually played it and is not mere relying on judging a book by it's cover. Damage seems to have a few bugs by the looks of it, at least everything else is almost polished.

Double post but f*ck it.

What If i told you I played the game, and it sucked? Would you believe me? Or do you just believe who you want to believe?

Hypocrite, this like you saying that you have put full trust that these leaks are accurate interpretations of the game? From everyone I've heard play it, they said it's very entertaining, that includes people at Neo Gaf, in fact they had nothing but praise for the game so yeah I have more than one limey ass opinion to back up my point! I know a sh*t game when I see one, Assassin's Creed Black Flag is completely the same as Assassin's Creed III. It took that one game for me to boycott Ubisoft.

I know the difference between good games and straight up mediocre garbage, Watch Dog's for example, is a scripted piece of sh*t, with crap voice acting, boring repetitively gameplay, unoriginal game design and piss poor replay value. I have a few qualms about GTA V, but it's not the stuff you're complaining about! You're simply throwing your dummy out before you've even gotten your hands on it? Now I paid only £35.00 for this, with the amount of depth and content that is featured in this game I would say that I have invested quite sensibly compared to all you blowhards that are wasting hundreds of money just to experience next gen? Go on, f*ck off, fly to your realism, support corrupted developers like EA, Square Enix and Ubisoft, I've been f*cked over too many times to be screwed over by developers now.

As long as GTA V is fun, which by the looks of things it is and that it actually presents a challenge, which it will since players get killed easily than ever before. Wait a minute so they actually bothered to make the game harder? Yet, all you seem to be doing is shouting casual, casual casual, GTA V is not casual game, it's way too hard to be casual, it's fun and presents a well defined challenging experience, what more could a gamer want?

1. Lol yea im the leaked VIDEOS displaying ACTUAL GAMEPLAY must be totally wrong and the handling of the cars are waay different same with the damage. Stfu thats like saying the gameplay trailer was BS and is not what were getting. What I see on video is what im going to get, the difference between me and you is im not in denial.

2. Lol its funny you call me a hypocrite for using a VIDEO to form an opinion on how a game goes (lol @ you discrediting reviews / gameplay trailer and everything) and then you go on to say "Well this guy who has the game said it was good so it must be". Atleast I base my opinion on WHAT I SEE not WHAT I READ. Its the reason this game got hyped up way more than it should have. You all expected the holy grail of gaming. Instead you get an updated San Andreas (not a bad thing but some sh*t like the handling of the vehicles / damage is embarrassing).

3. You then go on to ramble about how Watch dogs is scripted (ill buy your copy of the game if you dont want it?) and scripted blah blah fanboy ramblings. You really are a hypocrite huh? You tell me not to base my opinion on games around videos and you have done just that with Watch Dogs. Pathetic fanboy. Btw I too have pre ordered GTA V :)

4. He then does the stereotypical fanboy sh*t telling me to go play x games. EA games are f*ckers cuz they killed Mass effect for me, Square Enix no comment not played many of their games (Tomb Raider was great!) and Ubisoft no comment I loved Far Cry 3.

5. You then say GTA is not a casual game. Well why the f*ck have they dumbed it down from the San Andreas era by removing alot of San Andreas features.... AND DOWNGRADING THE VEHICLE HANDLING / DAMAGE FROM GTA IV (a 5 year old game) INSTEAD OF REFINING IT. Thats the f*cking point im trying to make. I have not said the game looks bad ffs if it did I would be stupid to still have my pre order up.....

Seriously take your head out of Rockstars ass before you type a post or atleast wipe their sh*t from your glasses you moron.

Yours and my definition of refinement is severely different my ass jabbing friend :)

Tomb Raider was not great, it was Americanized to sh*t, not only is it an embarrassment to the franchise, but it's completely turned Tomb Raider into something it's not, it was a B- Scripted linear piece of sh*t, with a retarded A.I, piss poor mechanics that accounted to having quick time events for nearly everything you f*cking did, the voice acting being ear grating as it was and a upgrade system that is completely pointless being as you can complete the game without actually upgrading anything. Oh, yeah and who the f*ck was retarded enough to put regenerative health in a Tomb Raider game? Yet you believe yourself to not be a casual gamer? 

Just to let you know that Square Enix only marketed Tomb Raider they didn't develop it, which proves that you know sh*t all about how the industry actually works, the people who developed it were Crystal Dynamic's who's publisher is Square Enix.

I'm waiting for release day, Rockstar's bound to make a patch if it's that bothering for people, otherwise what would be the f*cking point of having GTA ONLINE? This seems like a trick on people who are playing the game early, I mean come on you're telling me that Rockstar didn't prepare for these leaks? They will patch it, GTA ONLINE is proof of that!

1. It was my opinion that Tomb Raider was good. Stfu with Americonised you hipster. It was a good game and a well needed reboot. Scripted / linearity do not make a game you retard. Half Life / Portal / TLoU / Max Payne all say HI IDIOT. Seriously you are raging so hard right now Rockstar must punch you for every negative comment made about the game. Tomb Raider went down the sh*tter after 3 this was well needed. Want to talk about westernised? Thats the exact Route GTA is taking. Cover / more focus on online / simplified vehicle controls and cars made out of granite you hypocrit lapdog

2. Wow you are retarded. You said sell out companies like Square Enix well Square Enix funded the Tomb Raider series to save it from dying you idiot. Read what you say before you post I didnt praise Square Enix for making the game you tool. Pmsl.

3. Lol just you saying Rockstar will patch it proves that you see the issue so why bother arguing and make a fool off yourself by contradicitng yourself with every remark? Haha idiot

EDIT: At the butthurt idiot who doesnt like it when people dont whisper compliments in Rockstars ears who said

"Have you played the game on your own? Have you controled bike and cars on your own? Answer this question moron."

You did see the 8 minute video of the car getting shot / rammed and barely getting damaged and for it taking a full 8 minutes to blow up right?

You did see the motorbike that wtfninjad up the mountain and landed then went completely static no bouncing / suspension at all?

Dear sh*thead,

Grow the f*ck up, get both car and bike license, and try damage and driving for your self, on both bike and cars. Calling me a butthurt idiot eh?? Lmao, you too f*ck off from this forum then, you are nothing but a complete troll. You think its easy to just blow up the car in real life by just slaming against other cars and random walls? Leave alone your Chinese made and American made bullsh*t cars, especially bullsh*t hollywood movies. Turn your self into reality, and GTA V is a video game, and has nothing to do with a real life, even if its a problem for you, report the f*cking problem to Rockstar and kiss their dicks to fix it. Im sure out of 100% of GTA Fan's, not even 1% agree with your trolling bullsh*t, go back to GTA 4 if it feels better for you. Was wondering from what redneck land of savages you're coming from anyway. Retard.

Lol you start the post by dear sh*t head then go on to tell me to grow up. Ahh Rockstar fanboys why you like that haha its hilarious!

1. Ok lemme reread your post to you. "Get both car and bike license, and try and damage and driving for yourself, on both bike and cars" when you make sense of that I will attempt to do the same.

2. You just gonna tell everyone to f*ck off from this forum if they disagree with you? lol

5. Holywood movies?

7. Out of 100% not even 1% think the mechanics are bad yet their are sh*t loads of thread? What the f*ck did I just read.

My friend you are a walking Stereotype of what an uneducated GTA fanboy looks like. Congrats.

God you can't type for sh*t! I didn't contradict myself moron, I said that if the physics are that bothering for people, then they will patch it, personally as long as it's fun I don't give a toss what you think. TLOU's was O.K, but the A.I for stealth was extremely dumb, TLOU was overrated, did I like the game? Sure but it wasn't as good as Sony fanboys, I myself included thought it would be! You're casual gamer deal with it!  "

2. The stealth for AI was spot on? The only problem was that the enemies didnt detect your allies which was admittedly dumb but wtf has that got to do with anything?

4. I am a casual gamer yet you think any game that is scripted an linear is bad? Explain how I am a casual gamer and I will explain how you are an idiot. 

5. Its funny how you call TLoU overrated but not GTA V. GTA V hasnt even came out yet and (MONTHS AGO) it was  being called game of the generation. Lol. Let me ask you something about TLoU what happens to Ellies dad? Just a curious question? Google will hopefully help you :)

Joel kills the fire flies, Joel lost his daughter at the beginning of the game, which I admit that did have me in tears and it was a great start. Yes I have played it, If I purposely have to take a photo of the f*cking case just to make you occupied then shoot!?

Thebull94
  • Thebull94

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:08 AM Edited by Thebull94, 15 September 2013 - 12:09 AM.

gund fights with Police (who are agressive as f*ck) and ballas who are BALLIN AS f*ck 

sh*t just got real... and when I am playin this game and you all threw 60$ on C.O.D or Saint row suck my cock 

I will be thoroughly enjoying my GTA V f*ck this thread f*ck you,,...this sh*t is good.. 

As much as this is kinda dissing me (I am one of those whiners *sigh*) your thinking is pretty darn good. (Srs)

"Joel kills the fire flies, Joel lost his daughter at the beginning of the game, which I admit that did have me in tears and it was a great start. Yes I have played it, If I purposely have to take a photo of the f*cking case just to make you occupied then shoot!?"

1. Joel kills the fire flies? Well first off all thanks for the spoilers to those who havent played it, second no he kills some fire flies. He doesnt kill all the fire flies? Basically you talked about the first 20 mins of the game lol pm your PSN that would be better. :)

rela82me
  • rela82me

Three Point One Four

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:08 AM

Okay everyone this is getting out of hand, I think the people that are deep into this debate need to read everything they have wrote for the past 10 entries and see how silly you all sound.

Here is my unbiased 2 cents. I am a huge fan of open world games, and have played every GTA since the beginning.  I love the series I truly do, and I do so because each one is different.  Rockstar is a reputable company because it isn't afraid to pick and choose what they feel most people will like.  A lot of people complained about the driving in GTA IV, I personally hated it until I got half way through the game and I got used to it.  After that I actually really liked it.  

That is where people are going wrong, they may hate it because they took something out that you previously liked.  You probably previously enjoyed driving around in GTA SA, and the change made you upset at first.  When you first get off that boat in IV the driving truly takes you a while to get used to and its easy to hate at first.  The handling this generation has been adapted to fit the landscape, the consumers, and style of vehicles we'll be driving. It's easy for IV to be more realistic in a setting where its 90% road, but things such as V where is 70% nature things have to be reevaluated.  Driving in the grass and off-road terrain in IV was terrible, I couldn't get used to it and made it lose it's fun value to me.  So Rockstar probably played this game (much longer than you have been WATCHING leaks) and chose what fit the game the best.  It's hard to look at it from a developers point of view, and not a consumer who has expectations of the past.  The damage isn't gone from what I see, it's simply refined so that you can acquire more hits until the damage is displayed.  That's only a plus for me and many drivers seeing as though we will be hitting many things while driving off-road. 

My advice just give the damn game a chance, play through the entirety of the whole thing; and THEN make your claims.  Sure the driving seems arcadey (and perhaps it may be) but you never know how terrible it could have been with previous generation mechanics. 

• ZoltansBeard1987 likes this

FutoDriver
  • FutoDriver

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:09 AM Edited by FutoDriver, 15 September 2013 - 12:12 AM.

So far I'm gathering data of reasons why GTA V has crappy handling...

- Franklin is amazingly superior to Trevor and Michael at driving (despite seeing videos of those two driving in exact same way)

- You can't judge from a crappy camera (Graphics you can't, but a better camera ain't going to improve the handling)

- You need to play it first before you can comment (but we all know it's amazing before we play it so stfu!)

- Your sexual orientation is'int correct for this forum and this has skewed your view on the game. (Only straights know how to drive!)

-Your IQ is to low to comprehend the game (We failed our education in simple physics)

- It looks completely different on my console (Complete denial)

- Don't worry Rockstar is preparing a day one patch (I to want to admit they screwed up, I just don't want to cheat on my beloved Rockstar)

3p7JW.gif

El Tel
  • El Tel

It's just a ride.

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:11 AM

D0N.jpg

Instead of using childish memes, explain yourself? 

It's like watching a bunch of hungry cripples racing each other up a flight of stairs for a picture of a cookie. It makes no sense whatsoever.

Mcquiz
  • Mcquiz

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:12 AM

At all the videos iv watched, to me the drving looks like it will be like Saints Row.

I dont get?..Cause after how excellent the drving physics are/were in GTA IV, why it would be worse? Should be the same if not better.

You are joking right? All the cars felt so slow and it got boring quick... Dunno about gta v though haven't played it yet so won't talk much

It was the only thing that kept me interested throughout all these years. In all other games driving has mostly been just there. In GTA V it looks to me more like a chore "'Sigh, now I have to drive again" that kind.

Thebull94
  • Thebull94

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:14 AM

- Franklin is amazingly superior to Trevor and Michael at driving (despite seeing videos of those two driving in exact same way)

- You can't judge from a crappy camera (Graphics you can't, but a better camera ain't going to improve the handling)

- You need to play it first before you can comment (but we all know it's amazing before we play it so stfu!)

- Your sexual orientation is'int correct for this forum and this has skewed your view on the game. (Only straights know how to drive!)

-Your IQ is to low to comprehend the game (We failed our education in simple physics)

- Don't worry Rockstar is preparing a day one patch (I to want to admit they screwed up, I just don't want to cheat on my beloved Rockstar)

3p7JW.gif

Pretty much 100% spot on

rela82me
  • rela82me

Three Point One Four

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:15 AM

I wonder if people back in the times were art was the main form of entertainment went up to Da Vinci and said, you know what I don't like Mona Lisa's eyes... They creep me out dude, I liked your last painting better, why doesn't this one have a cooler backdrop like your last one? 

Video games are a form of art, whom is made by a single creator (Rockstar as a whole), in all honesty Rockstar can make THEIR game however THEY want to... It's THEIR piece of work that they make; and they happen to try and design it so as many people will enjoy the game as possible.  There are flaws in every work of art, but every work of art is perfect in their own respect.  Rockstar owes nothing to us all, we owe it to ourselves to try it out and appreciate it for what it is. 

• El Tel likes this

Cherrymoon
  • Cherrymoon

Crackhead

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:16 AM

I love this sh*t right here. People going bezerk and sh*t.

• TabooV2 likes this

lunishidd
  • lunishidd

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:17 AM

3p7JW.gif

Good summary of the fanboy comments.

ROCKGTASTAR
  • ROCKGTASTAR

Peon

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:19 AM

As much as this is kinda dissing me (I am one of those whiners *sigh*) your thinking is pretty darn good. (Srs)

"Joel kills the fire flies, Joel lost his daughter at the beginning of the game, which I admit that did have me in tears and it was a great start. Yes I have played it, If I purposely have to take a photo of the f*cking case just to make you occupied then shoot!?"

1. Joel kills the fire flies? Well first off all thanks for the spoilers to those who havent played it, second no he kills some fire flies. He doesnt kill all the fire flies? Basically you talked about the first 20 mins of the game lol pm your PSN that would be better. :)

Why would I add a c*nt like you? I did only play the game once because I only liked it for the story, though it's gunplay is also very impressive as well, you certainly get the feeling that every shot counts. I payed £42.00 for The Last Of Us, I'm only paying £35.00 for GTA V. I wasn't that impressed with TLOU and believe me I used to defend the game to death like an idiot. I've seen sense that it was mere hype that caught me off guard. The game was overrated, it got 10's from almost every well known reviewer, then again reviews never mean jack sh*t to me, especially the retards at IGN!  

ZoltansBeard1987
  • ZoltansBeard1987

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:20 AM

Okay everyone this is getting out of hand, I think the people that are deep into this debate need to read everything they have wrote for the past 10 entries and see how silly you all sound.

Here is my unbiased 2 cents. I am a huge fan of open world games, and have played every GTA since the beginning.  I love the series I truly do, and I do so because each one is different.  Rockstar is a reputable company because it isn't afraid to pick and choose what they feel most people will like.  A lot of people complained about the driving in GTA IV, I personally hated it until I got half way through the game and I got used to it.  After that I actually really liked it.  

That is where people are going wrong, they may hate it because they took something out that you previously liked.  You probably previously enjoyed driving around in GTA SA, and the change made you upset at first.  When you first get off that boat in IV the driving truly takes you a while to get used to and its easy to hate at first.  The handling this generation has been adapted to fit the landscape, the consumers, and style of vehicles we'll be driving. It's easy for IV to be more realistic in a setting where its 90% road, but things such as V where is 70% nature things have to be reevaluated.  Driving in the grass and off-road terrain in IV was terrible, I couldn't get used to it and made it lose it's fun value to me.  So Rockstar probably played this game (much longer than you have been WATCHING leaks) and chose what fit the game the best.  It's hard to look at it from a developers point of view, and not a consumer who has expectations of the past.  The damage isn't gone from what I see, it's simply refined so that you can acquire more hits until the damage is displayed.  That's only a plus for me and many drivers seeing as though we will be hitting many things while driving off-road. 

My advice just give the damn game a chance, play through the entirety of the whole thing; and THEN make your claims.  Sure the driving seems arcadey (and perhaps it may be) but you never know how terrible it could have been with previous generation mechanics. 

*applauds*  *bows* 

thank you, Sir

finally a likeminded person

snacker111
  • snacker111

GTA

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:20 AM

Confirmed MCLA physics 100%, i just witnessed a video of GTA V where a SUV can turn faster then a smart car, grats whiner who can't drive in IV for ruining the game.

i agree with you but did we forget that both you and I have not even played the game yet?

Mcquiz
  • Mcquiz

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:21 AM

Actually. When I first played GTA IV and drove the car for the first time, a sh*tty car as you might remember I immediately felt that it was right, something that I have been looking for for years. And then few missions down the line when I drove Michelle's Merit I was very happy because it was exactly how I had wanted it to be.

Now you said that the fact that there is much offroad driving is a factor why handling is like this. But from the footage I have seen for vehicles different terrain, whether it be sand or grass doesn't make a difference. SUVs still accelerate like supercars. In GTA IV it was actually realistic. You couldn't just drive up a grassy hill like it was nothing. You had to play with the throttle to reduce wheelspin and get enough grip to get up there. In GTA V this wheelspin doesn't seem to exist.

oCrapaCreeper
  • oCrapaCreeper

Homie

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:21 AM

Double post:

Double post but f*ck it.

Dear sh*thead,

5. Holywood movies?

Joel kills the fire flies, Joel lost his daughter at the beginning of the game, which I admit that did have me in tears and it was a great start. Yes I have played it, If I purposely have to take a photo of the f*cking case just to make you occupied then shoot!?

Listening to this while reading all of this text from top to bottom really gets you in the mood:

• celozzip likes this

ROCKGTASTAR
  • ROCKGTASTAR

Peon

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:22 AM

3p7JW.gif

Good summary of the fanboy comments.

They didn't screw up, they are f*cking the people who have it early around.

abigor115
  • abigor115

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:23 AM

i love GTA but they screwed this on big time...... all sh*t is perfect in this game but not the handling !!!!!!!

ROCKGTASTAR
  • ROCKGTASTAR

Peon

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:25 AM

Listening to this while reading all of this text from top to bottom really gets you in the mood:

Now this I like! I agree it is getting out of hand and I won't deny that I am probably not helping, but dam this thread is annoying!

Rich.
  • Rich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:28 AM

Haven't bothered reading through the topic, but it's worth mentioning that the driving will be quite popular amongst the casual fanbase (read: the one that matters most). People don't realize how unpopular GTA IV's driving was with people.

I personally loved both the III era and IV era driving, and it being changed doesn't bother me a bit. Better learn to adapt, because it won't be changing.

rela82me
  • rela82me

Three Point One Four

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:30 AM Edited by rela82me, 15 September 2013 - 12:32 AM.

I wonder if people back in the times were art was the main form of entertainment went up to Da Vinci and said, you know what I don't like Mona Lisa's eyes... They creep me out dude, I liked your last painting better, why doesn't this one have a cooler backdrop like your last one? 

Video games are a form of art, whom is made by a single creator (Rockstar as a whole), in all honesty Rockstar can make THEIR game however THEY want to... It's THEIR piece of work that they make; and they happen to try and design it so as many people will enjoy the game as possible.  There are flaws in every work of art, but every work of art is perfect in their own respect.  Rockstar owes nothing to us all, we owe it to ourselves to try it out and appreciate it for what it is. 

This is the problem I have with this site, when I joined in 2005 people had discussions.  If we disagreed, we rarely had to duke it out in words.  We always provided reasonable rebuttals, and if the palaver ended in disagreement that's how it ended.  When I post something that is reasonable and not swaying on either end of the fanatics spectrum people don't typically even answer.  Rarely on this site do I get a decent response without someone telling me to "go home" or it turning into a flamewar. 

Actually. When I first played GTA IV and drove the car for the first time, a sh*tty car as you might remember I immediately felt that it was right, something that I have been looking for for years. And then few missions down the line when I drove Michelle's Merit I was very happy because it was exactly how I had wanted it to be.

Now you said that the fact that there is much offroad driving is a factor why handling is like this. But from the footage I have seen for vehicles different terrain, whether it be sand or grass doesn't make a difference. SUVs still accelerate like supercars. In GTA IV it was actually realistic. You couldn't just drive up a grassy hill like it was nothing. You had to play with the throttle to reduce wheelspin and get enough grip to get up there. In GTA V this wheelspin doesn't seem to exist.

It is certainly something that was more realistic so it seems.  And that's great that you enjoyed that feature; I wish a few years back most people would have agreed.  Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately) not everyone has the same taste.  People didn't typically buy GTA as a racing simulator, or for the absolute realism.  It's main selling point was that it was a free for all type of game.  When things such as tricky driving got in the way, it took (some) people away from the enjoyment of them game. So in all fairness to Rockstar, I think they were trying to keep people in the game by making things less frustrating. My buddy just RECENTLY got IV and he hated the game.  He never played IV, his last game was actually Vice City.  He could never get a hang of the driving.  There were SOOO many things that were annoying about the game.  I have been replaying it and I see myself getting frustrated at things such as mission checkpoints and boat handling. 

It seems that Rockstar has attempted to take away some of the problems that turn players off.  Perhaps making it a bit easier in some aspects and harder and more intricate in others. Game development is 60% development %40 balance.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users