An IV Enthusiast's Complaints

20 replies to this topic
Ambient_
  • Ambient_

Loving GTA:O

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:15 PM

Before I begin I believe this needs to be said; I am a GTA fan at heart and have followed each entry religiously from the very beginning. This brings me onto IV and V, after spilling over 500 hours into IV I believe Rockstar have lost what kept me addicted to V's predecessor for such a long time - the driving. 

In IV the driving was unique, interesting and most of all, dynamic; however, afte reviewing various gameplay videos of V I must conclude that this has been lost in V. One factor I noticed with regard to the driving was how easily the cars would a) spin off and b) turn, they've really gone backwards rather than forwards with regards to the driving physics.

I'm kind of upset about this, they kept the game so secret for such a long time, kept it under away from the public's eye as if it was some type of pandora's box and they've pulled this. Wow. Last time I trust Rockstar and follow their games so closely. They made this game seem perfect but that is sadly not the case, I really feel this game will get less than IV on Metacritic.

• Skaytful likes this

schuy
  • schuy

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:16 PM

Before I begin I believe this needs to be said; I am a GTA fan at heart and have followed each entry religiously from the very beginning. This brings me onto IV and V, after spilling over 500 hours into IV I believe Rockstar have lost what kept me addicted to V's predecessor for such a long time - the driving. 

In IV the driving was unique, interesting and most of all, dynamic; however, afte reviewing various gameplay videos of V I must conclude that this has been lost in V. One factor I noticed with regard to the driving was how easily the cars would a) spin off and b) turn, they've really gone backwards rather than forwards with regards to the driving physics.

I'm kind of upset about this, they kept the game so secret for such a long time, kept it under away from the public's eye as if it was some type of pandora's box and they've pulled this. Wow. Last time I trust Rockstar and follow their games so closely. They made this game seem perfect but that is sadly not the case, I really feel this game will get less than IV on Metacritic.

Can't believe you've already made up your mind before playing it yourself.

• jackass2009 likes this

takeral
  • takeral

Trick

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:17 PM Edited by takeral, 12 September 2013 - 06:18 PM.

its a disgrace aint it. The driving and damage is a joke. R* is doing it to please the casual gamers

Gulpix
  • Gulpix

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:18 PM

Preorder cancelled

MurdocisGod1990
  • MurdocisGod1990

Snitch

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:19 PM

I hate the driving in IV, I just want to make one sharp turn and end up spinning out, even when I didn't think I was going that fast, don't get me wrong I love IV and have a blast doing the vigilante "most wanted" missions since I just beat the game again 2 days ago, but I can't wait to feel the tighter handling that V is suppose to have.

TheTechPoTaToCHIP
  • TheTechPoTaToCHIP

Trick

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:22 PM Edited by TheTechPoTaToCHIP, 12 September 2013 - 06:23 PM.

READ THE F*CKING HANDS ON PREVIEW!!!

I would rather you trust the opinion someone who actually played the game, instead of judging for yourself in a leaked, low quality video.

You guys are spoiled paranoid gay-mers who really doesn't deserve to play the game Rockstar spent 5 years and 266 Million dollars for.

yonatan755
  • yonatan755

Playa

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:24 PM

You f*cking idiots
if I had a console I would have been soooooooo motherf*cking hyped, but some of you console olayers are to stupied to understand that you can not judge a game just for 2 minutes of gameplay which want Even played by you

Cheatz_N_Trickz
  • Cheatz_N_Trickz

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:28 PM

Driving does look bad, but it's gotta be experienced before calling it.

Johnny_Leyenda
  • Johnny_Leyenda

The Crimson Knight

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:33 PM

its a disgrace aint it. The driving and damage is a joke. R* is doing it to please the casual gamers

"Casual gamers" such a misused term and this is an example of it.

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:38 PM Edited by Gst0395, 12 September 2013 - 06:40 PM.

Haha, what a drama queen you are, you sound like such a baby. Of all the content this game has, you're having doubts all because of the driving engine. I like this driving better. The cars look smoother and easier to control, and the camera is centered this time.

S0UTHERN_C0MF0RT
  • S0UTHERN_C0MF0RT

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:40 PM

I know right?! I mean, when I PLAYED the game, it was horrid! Oh wait... I HAVEN'T played the game, and neither have you. At this point, you have three options:

1. Keep complaining over something you haven't played yourself.

2. Trust that Rockstar knows what they're doing.

3. Don't buy GTA V.

In the end, most people here are true fans of not just GTA V, but Rockstar Games as well. And most of us don't want to read your complaints.

undertaker4219
  • undertaker4219

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:41 PM

didnt-read-lol-chicken-gif.gif

and

sad-crying-cat.gif

cry babay f*ckS

ReekyAlex
  • ReekyAlex

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:43 PM

I feel like i'm the only person who liked the driving in IV, but also likes the look of the driving in V. 

• archiebunker likes this

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:44 PM Edited by Gst0395, 12 September 2013 - 06:45 PM.

It's pathetic. Rockstar have tried everything they possibly can to please fans of all GTA games with GTA V, and it shows from screenshots, previews and trailers. However, you'll always get ungrateful idiots who can't be satisfied nor trust Rockstar anymore simply because one of their favorite elements wasn't perfected. They don't even deserve to play it in my eyes.

One Eye
  • One Eye

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:45 PM

Like I said in another thread.

Anyone who says the physics and handling is fine, are in full denial or are a casual gamer who only plays the game for like two weeks then dumps it for another game. This will suck for the fans who plan to play this game years to come.

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:45 PM

Like I said in another thread.

Anyone who says the physics and handling is fine, are in full denial or are a casual gamer who only plays the game for like two weeks then dumps it for another game. This will suck for the fans who plan to play this game years to come.

What a load of bollocks.

Lazyboy.
  • Lazyboy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:46 PM

Yeah this sucks. If I wanted arcadey handling I'd go play Saints Row or Sleeping Dogs.

/Tuomaz
  • /Tuomaz

都真寿

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:51 PM Edited by Tuomaz_, 12 September 2013 - 06:53 PM.

Agreed. Don't really like the look of the new handling.

Stop judging everyone people, he made a good statement and you're like: ''Cancel your pre-order, kid''

celozzip
  • celozzip

Peon

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:52 PM

Yeah this sucks. If I wanted arcadey handling I'd go play Saints Row or Sleeping Dogs.

better tell your mum to cancel the preorder then, pal.

/Tuomaz
  • /Tuomaz

都真寿

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:54 PM

better tell your mum to cancel the preorder then, pal.

Grow up, pal.

sjaak327
  • sjaak327

Big Homie

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:55 PM

Are you saying the driving will be like sleeping dogs ? I certainly hope that isn't true !

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users