Quantcast

» «
Photo

Game pre-order missing?

230 replies to this topic
ScottishHeist123
  • ScottishHeist123

After 5 years on the East Coast, it's time to go home...

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 September 2013 - 08:11 PM

So, has anyone's payment been taken off their account yet? 

harry246
  • harry246

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 08:15 PM Edited by harry246, 14 September 2013 - 08:17 PM.

So, has anyone's payment been taken off their account yet? 

Yes. I'm pretty sure all payments for the CE should have been taken by now. 

edit - I haven't had a 'Payment Conformation email' yet...but I can see that the money has been taken out of my bank. The last email I had was today which was the 'Your order is being processed' email.

ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 08:32 PM

I have seen GAME wait until a few days before a major games release, then delete the order. Then after the release tell people they sold more than they had or there order is gone for good.

JonathanMurray
  • JonathanMurray

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:11 PM

they have cancelled my order, but when i last spoke to them on friday they said everything was fine and they would be taking my money on monday :s i have found another collectors edition who is selling it to me the same price as game through sheer sympathy, but its their mistake because my girlfriend works for trading standards and she had a lot to say about it! Drama ensues and i will keep you informed, those who have had theirs cancelled, send me a message or reply to this, i can inform the missus and she can help get our refunds back

ScottishHeist123
  • ScottishHeist123

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:43 AM

when i last spoke to them on friday they said everything was fine and they would be taking my money on monday

That is quite a sigh of relief for me, as my payment has not been taken from me yet. Hopefully that happens to me, too.

JonathanMurray
  • JonathanMurray

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:40 AM

when i last spoke to them on friday they said everything was fine and they would be taking my money on monday

That is quite a sigh of relief for me, as my payment has not been taken from me yet. Hopefully that happens to me, too.

just be careful bro and keep checking the website, they are sneaky bastards, hope it goes well for you however, i really feel for those who have missed out. you trust companies like this to give you your order, and then to tell you its cancelled a few days before that it isn't happening is despicable

• ScottishHeist123 likes this

GM Inc
  • GM Inc

Get Money Industries

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:46 AM

I have seen GAME wait until a few days before a major games release, then delete the order. Then after the release tell people they sold more than they had or there order is gone for good.

now that is bad business practice

ScottishHeist123
  • ScottishHeist123

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:48 AM

just be careful bro and keep checking the website, they are sneaky bastards, hope it goes well for you however, i really feel for those who have missed out. you trust companies like this to give you your order, and then to tell you its cancelled a few days before that it isn't happening is despicable

I feel for you mate; you pay expecting a good standard of service and all you get in exchange is stress and annoyance. I'll take your advice onboard and follow the website. Hope it all goes well for you and good luck!

Skyline_Mad
  • Skyline_Mad

supercalifragilistic when we drop we go ballistic

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 02:57 AM

I have checked GAME's website for like the third time today (it's still saturday to me as i have not gone to bed yet lol), and just noticed my GTAV order is back in the list, this time the Preorder has a price of £119.00 instead of £0 a few days ago, but have not received an email yet about the charge or see the money taken from my bank account (which makes sense as its sunday now), so looks like things are going to be ok for me  :colgate:

otomochaser
  • otomochaser

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 03:04 AM

Good luck mate! Mine has done the same,but no movement since Friday afternoon. They're cutting it really fine. :/
Hopefully it changes by Monday morning,otherwise i'm cancelling my CE and getting a backup SE i preordered today. Game even said i could pick it up Monday....would prefer the CE though.

Interrorgator
  • Interrorgator

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:29 AM Edited by Interrorgator, 15 September 2013 - 08:30 AM.

Good luck mate! Mine has done the same,but no movement since Friday afternoon. They're cutting it really fine. :/
Hopefully it changes by Monday morning,otherwise i'm cancelling my CE and getting a backup SE i preordered today. Game even said i could pick it up Monday....would prefer the CE though.

Mine has also popped up on the site FINALLY! Still says unshipped and no money has been taken out (as it's a Sunday its not gonna happen today). But I'm glad I'm one problem less to getting it! But I'm at the stage where I'm not ultra bothered if I don't get it on the 17th, as long as I get the CE this week at all is all I care about at the moment!

ScottishHeist123
  • ScottishHeist123

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:53 AM

Phew! At there are many others here that have not been charged yet. I agree - Game are really cutting it fine.

Skyline_Mad
  • Skyline_Mad

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:28 PM

I got my email(s) today saying it's being processed and getting charged etc... which is great, but after switching channels to my PS3, i had to do a file check thing, and now it wont boot up, it just does the restore thing and when completed goes to a blank screen. Then when i restart it does the file restore thing again...f*cking bad luck or what? (it would have made sense if it happened on friday lol)

I'm gonna look up the problem on the net, hopefully there is a quick fix, fingers crossed

Electrogypsy
  • Electrogypsy

That guy who wins all the Funhaus races

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:36 PM

I got my email(s) today saying it's being processed and getting charged etc... which is great, but after switching channels to my PS3, i had to do a file check thing, and now it wont boot up, it just does the restore thing and when completed goes to a blank screen. Then when i restart it does the file restore thing again...f*cking bad luck or what? (it would have made sense if it happened on friday lol)

I'm gonna look up the problem on the net, hopefully there is a quick fix, fingers crossed

Wow bad luck man, same kinda thing happened to me with GTA IV, played it 1 hour then my Blu-ray drive broke. This time though, I'm hopping nothing f*cks up. Been playing on my PlayStation some, kinda just getting it used to playing games again, getting it up to speed. ( Mostly play games on PC so haven't been on it in around a year. ).

Kakkaroot
  • Kakkaroot

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 02:31 PM

Not sure when to expect my order as the money was taken out thursday night so maybe it was shipped friday/sat but i recieved an email saying its being processed today.

Skyline_Mad
  • Skyline_Mad

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 02:34 PM Edited by Skyline_Mad, 15 September 2013 - 02:35 PM.

Wow bad luck man, same kinda thing happened to me with GTA IV, played it 1 hour then my Blu-ray drive broke. This time though, I'm hopping nothing f*cks up. Been playing on my PlayStation some, kinda just getting it used to playing games again, getting it up to speed. ( Mostly play games on PC so haven't been on it in around a year. ).

After looking around a bit i'm pretty certain its the hard drive, which if anything bad happens to a PS3, the HDD is probably the easiest thing to fix, but it just means having to reformat with new HDD or use older one. The annoying thing is i have not backed up any game saves at all since getting the PS3 a few years ago, all those saves will be gone unless i can somehow back them up to a pc, i keep meaning to back them up but never got around to it. Worst part is i was like 80% through my first playthrough of Assassin's creed 3, which i was hoping to complete before GTAV, now looks like i'll never get to complete it with at least 2 new games after GTAV and then the PS4, guess i'll look for some walkthroughs on YT to see the cutscenes lol.

Hopefully i can buy a new HDD before work tomorrow and get it installed in time for V, or just use the 60gb HDD from my old PS3. it's cutting it close though.

Electrogypsy
  • Electrogypsy

That guy who wins all the Funhaus races

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 September 2013 - 02:43 PM

After looking around a bit i'm pretty certain its the hard drive, which if anything bad happens to a PS3, the HDD is probably the easiest thing to fix, but it just means having to reformat with new HDD or use older one. The annoying thing is i have not backed up any game saves at all since getting the PS3 a few years ago, all those saves will be gone unless i can somehow back them up to a pc, i keep meaning to back them up but never got around to it. Worst part is i was like 80% through my first playthrough of Assassin's creed 3, which i was hoping to complete before GTAV, now looks like i'll never get to complete it with at least 2 new games after GTAV and then the PS4, guess i'll look for some walkthroughs on YT to see the cutscenes lol.

Hopefully i can buy a new HDD before work tomorrow and get it installed in time for V, or just use the 60gb HDD from my old PS3. it's cutting it close though.

Well good luck man. I've still got the old 40gb hard drive from my old PS3 so if things go south likes yours did I might have some sort of backup.

fishgold
  • fishgold

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 03:28 PM

Mine is still missing from my account. It's as if it was never there.

It's the first time Game has let me down in over 10 years. Thought I was so smart ordering it on the first day it was available to pre-order. Ho-hum. I just hope they don't try playing funny buggers when I try to get my £20 deposit back off them.

Interrorgator
  • Interrorgator

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:21 PM

It's the first time Game has let me down in over 10 years. Thought I was so smart ordering it on the first day it was available to pre-order. Ho-hum. I just hope they don't try playing funny buggers when I try to get my £20 deposit back off them.

Hold on in there, fishgold! Keep thinking positive! Only worry on Monday! But hopefully you can sort it all out then using their webchat service! But I agree, Game seem to be very vague and uncommunitive during this whole release build up... very dissapointed with them!

harry246
  • harry246

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:14 PM

It should be processed tonight/tomorrow. Give it 24hours. If it still hasn't re-appeared then your probably in trouble.

Alpha55
  • Alpha55

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:33 PM

If it isn't listed/processed by tomorrow morning at 9am you should get in touch with GAME via webchat (can be found by clicking on Contact Us at the bottom) and see if they can help. I've found them to be useful. Pity they don't work on weekends, they should work everyday that their shops are open to be honest.

otomochaser
  • otomochaser

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:06 PM Edited by otomochaser, 15 September 2013 - 08:12 PM.

Hallelujah!
My CE has FINALLY updated! Been a tense 3 days of waiting for the Email,but it looks like i'll be fine. :)
It still says 'unshipped' but everything else updated and they took my money so i figure its cool.

Good luck to those still waiting. I hope everyone is sorted soon.

harry246
  • harry246

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:30 PM

Hallelujah!
My CE has FINALLY updated! Been a tense 3 days of waiting for the Email,but it looks like i'll be fine. :)
It still says 'unshipped' but everything else updated and they took my money so i figure its cool.
Good luck to those still waiting. I hope everyone is sorted soon.

Glad to hear :)

DJS
  • DJS

ʕᴥʔ

• GTAF Crew
  • Scotland
  • Best Scottish

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:31 PM Edited by .DJS., 15 September 2013 - 11:47 PM.

Last ever preorder from Game... Apparently the CE is down to £75 or similar from Amazon vs Game's £120...

Edit: Just got my CE confirmation Email, here it comes guys!!

swifty03
  • swifty03

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:32 AM

Right then, for everyone who has pre-ordered the CE like myself and not yet had an e-mail or been charged, then I hope this will put your mind at rest.

I've just been on their live chat regarding my CE order and explained that it had gone missing from my account. I gave him my order number and he said that it is still there and it's being processed and will be with me on release day. I was also told that all of the CE editions are being processed together. 

I was then assured that I would receive the confirmation e-mail at some point today so everyone check your e-mails and bank accounts today!

Hope this helps!

GTA5FAN055
  • GTA5FAN055

XBOX GT GTA5FAN055

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:25 AM Edited by GTA5FAN055, 16 September 2013 - 09:41 AM.

dont get too worked up about it i pre ordered V months ago from gamestop online..only to realize i wouldnt have it anywhere close to midnight monday so i went in the store and paid for it in full, i never canceled my online order but gamestop seems to not have a record of me pre-ordering it unless u can order it as a guest and not make a account with them either way i have the funds in the bank im gonna haaaak the other one online or sell it on the street it doesnt really matter

Transaction Details Date Friday, August 09, 2013 Points 0 Total $37.80 Reserved
  • Title: Grand Theft Auto V Special Edition 
    SKU: 201659 Qty: 1
  • Title: Grand Theft Auto V Signature Series Guide 
    SKU: 831681 Qty: 1

ScottishHeist123
  • ScottishHeist123

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:49 AM

Right then, for everyone who has pre-ordered the CE like myself and not yet had an e-mail or been charged, then I hope this will put your mind at rest.

I've just been on their live chat regarding my CE order and explained that it had gone missing from my account. I gave him my order number and he said that it is still there and it's being processed and will be with me on release day. I was also told that all of the CE editions are being processed together. 

I was then assured that I would receive the confirmation e-mail at some point today so everyone check your e-mails and bank accounts today!

Hope this helps!

Thank you for that reassurance! That is a sigh of relief to hear that information. I was really concerned my payment details were causing a problem, but it seems the lack of charge is normal. Phew!

swifty03
  • swifty03

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:10 AM

Hope this helps!

Thank you for that reassurance! That is a sigh of relief to hear that information. I was really concerned my payment details were causing a problem, but it seems the lack of charge is normal. Phew!

I'm just watching my e-mails like a hawk at the moment!

otomochaser
  • otomochaser

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:27 AM

Likewise! I'm checking my email obsessively,far more than is healthy.
My money has been charged,but everything still shows unshipped,which seems unusual.
Annoyingly,the webchat service glitches on my phone,so i can't use it. :(
Really hope they process my CE order soon to ensure i get it tomorrow,or don't cancel at the last minute....now that they have my cash i can't afford my backup SE preorder if they don't refund immediately.
The next 12hrs are gonna be mega stressful....

fishgold
  • fishgold

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:18 AM

Small update - Mine has finally appeared back on my 'Track order' page this morning, and I've had a confirmation e-mail about my pre-order. Still saying unshipped (like most peoples) but at least there is some activity happening now.

Webchat had a wait time of over 80 minutes this morning. Not really an option for me while at work, but I do appreciate their webteam will be getting hammered with requests this morning.

Here's hoping everyone..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users