» «
Photo

Game pre-order missing?

230 replies to this topic
Alpha55
  • Alpha55

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:55 PM Edited by Alpha55, 13 September 2013 - 05:58 PM.

Maybe it's for people GAME couldn't process the payment? I don't honestly know but one thing I do know is GAME is seriously annoying me!!

Edit: Looking at that screen above, maybe it's just for paypal customers?

Electrogypsy
  • Electrogypsy

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:56 PM

Just paid mine off, Got the email just as i was about to leave to go out to dinner and had to quickly order it again. Had the same problem that Sbryce89 had where I couldn't upgrade the postage, but id already paid for it so i guess I'm good.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:58 PM

I pre-ordered GTA4 collectors edition through GAME last time! That ended up coming a day after release i think that went for all collectors edition back then. Hopefully This time THINGS WILL BE DIFFERENT!

otomochaser
  • otomochaser

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:06 PM Edited by otomochaser, 13 September 2013 - 06:08 PM.

I still have no email either. :(
My CE vanished last night but was restored this afternoon,so at least i know it has processed THAT far.....

Did the people who got the email ALL use paypal as payment? I notice the one posted a page back says 'as a paypal customer,however,there's one more thing we need you to do'....
Perhaps it is an issue unique to them.

I used a debit card for mine.

So what did others without the email use? And what payment method did those WITH the email use?
I bet it is due to paypal. I hope so....waiting for this email is stressful as hell. :/

Alpha55
  • Alpha55

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:10 PM

I used a debit card also. Game are making more stress than what's actually needed with this.

• otomochaser likes this

Electrogypsy
  • Electrogypsy

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:11 PM

Yeah I'm pretty sure it was was a Problem with Paypal and GAME as id payed through Paypal as well. So Id guess your ok man.

• otomochaser likes this

otomochaser
  • otomochaser

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:17 PM

Cool. I think that clarifies things. Hopefully the other folks stressed out about not receiving an Email were card users also. Otherwise GAME have f*cked up royally...

Now i'm just waiting for them to take my damn money! It's been sitting there since they made me panic last week with that damn email about taking payment early. Still waiting 9 days later!

TAKE MY MONEY,YOU INCOMPETENT f*ckWITS!

Never using GAME again after this debacle.

swifty03
  • swifty03

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:22 PM

I too paid with a debit card but like others have said, my order has vanished also. I'm at work till 10 and all day I've been checking things on my phone!

I really feel like unleashing my anger at the mo but in order to do that I need GTA V!!!

MisterFR3SH
  • MisterFR3SH

Liberty is Love, Liberty is Life.

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:25 PM

I think the email with the extra £20 off coupon is just for PayPal customers. I received an email today telling me that they have charged me for the game (I put my details though their website). Just a heads up, even if you have paid for the game, GAME UK can easily cancel your order and give you your money back if there is not enough orders. GAME UK can not guarantee you a copy of the game until they have arranged the shipping date with the deliverer, until then, your order can be canceled. I'm still a little anxious because of this.

Electrogypsy
  • Electrogypsy

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:28 PM

I think the email with the extra £20 off coupon is just for PayPal customers. I received an email today telling me that they have charged me for the game (I put my details though their website). Just a heads up, even if you have paid for the game, GAME UK can easily cancel your order and give you your money back if there is not enough orders. GAME UK can not guarantee you a copy of the game until they have arranged the shipping date with the deliverer, until then, your order can be canceled. I'm still a little anxious because of this.

Thanks...

harry246
  • harry246

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:31 PM Edited by harry246, 13 September 2013 - 06:32 PM.

Yeah looks like it's just us card users that have had NO information.

Game did say on twitter it's nothing to worry about that it's not showing in track orders....but the fact they havn't taken the money yet is worrying. There's nothing wrong with my card details as they shipped my strategy guide today.

On another note....i just watched 10 minutes of a live stream. Watched a mission with

Spoiler

It looks AMAZING. All i can say is that i better receive the CE on Tuesday or i'm going to be very very very angry. 

Alpha55
  • Alpha55

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:36 PM

Yeah true but they must have got their shippment of CE by now so they must know how many orders they can fill before processing and taking peoples money?

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:43 PM

Yeah I was a paypal vustomer on initial pre order and then the thurther payment of £99.99 with coupon reduction.

otomochaser
  • otomochaser

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:45 PM

Is there any precedence for Game overselling and having to cancel on people?
I assumed they were told early how many copies were assigned to them,say for example 10,000.
How else would they know to change the item status on the website to 'sold out'?

There SHOULD be no risk of oversells and cancellations,in my opinion...

I figure that the volume of sales is such that they process the payments in blocks of orders,and that is why some have been taken and some are still waiting.
And a task like that probably isn't done automatically and may have a cutoff point due to staff clocking off....i'm HOPING my money is taken tonight,but i won't get TOO worried until tomorrow. Well...i'll try not to.

harry246
  • harry246

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:45 PM Edited by harry246, 13 September 2013 - 06:48 PM.

anyone else who pre-ordered the CE using a normal debit card had any info/emails after the 'preparing to take payment' email from a few days ago? anyone had the pre-order re-appear on track orders? and anyone had their payment taken yet?

Ross1988
  • Ross1988

Fernando Martinez

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:50 PM

Just a quick question, to the people who are saying they had an email confirming their order did it actually say the money had been taken or was it the email to confirm it was proccessing? Stressing now!

otomochaser
  • otomochaser

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:51 PM Edited by otomochaser, 13 September 2013 - 06:52 PM.

anyone else who pre-ordered the CE using a normal debit card had any info/emails after the 'preparing to take payment' email from a few days ago? anyone had the pre-order re-appear on track orders? and anyone had their payment taken yet?

I had the email saying they were moving it through their system.
Then i had it disappear from my track order. It was reinstated today.
No payment taken yet.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:51 PM

I might add that being a paypal customer i only authorized them to do the initial payment of £20 hence they have to send out another e-mail in order for the second payment to be authorized. My order after making final payment is now showing in my order tracker as unshipped.

I would imagine that Card users will get charged on Monday! as the way they have worded it sounds to me like they have the parcels ready to go and are just awaiting payment.

Alpha55
  • Alpha55

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:51 PM Edited by Alpha55, 13 September 2013 - 06:51 PM.

My order has returned to my account on GAME. Can anyone else confirm theirs have also?

harry246
  • harry246

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:52 PM

My order has returned to my account on GAME. Can anyone else confirm theirs have also?

YESSSS SO HAS MINE! Still says unshipped tho :(

otomochaser
  • otomochaser

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:53 PM

I can confirm mine has. Still not taken payment....

.DJS.
  • .DJS.

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:53 PM

Same situation, nothing as of yet...

harry246
  • harry246

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:55 PM

My pre-order has now returned to track orders. Everyone should check now to see as well. Still no other info though...

Alpha55
  • Alpha55

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:57 PM

Yeah mine still says unshipped, no email or anything about payment but the price is now correct as it said £134.99 on the 6th (just before the email about wrong pricing) and now it's back to £114.99. No idea what their doing.

Electrogypsy
  • Electrogypsy

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:59 PM

Yeah mines back on the tracker as Unshipped.

harry246
  • harry246

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:59 PM Edited by harry246, 13 September 2013 - 07:02 PM.

Yeah mine still says unshipped, no email or anything about payment but the price is now correct as it said £134.99 on the 6th (just before the email about wrong pricing) and now it's back to £114.99. No idea what their doing.

I know. I emailed GAME about this last week. It is an error. Email I received in reply below...

Hi Harry,

Thank you for your email.

I can confirm that the £20 deposit goes towards the full price of your item which is £119.99

the remaining balance of £99.99 will be charged to your original payment method prior to release.

If you have any further queries please don't hesitate to contact us.

Regards,

Roxi B

The Team at GAME

Alpha55
  • Alpha55

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:00 PM

It' safe to say, I won't be using GAME ever again for a big release like this.

.DJS.
  • .DJS.

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:09 PM

The only reason I went with Game was for the CE :/.

wigglepuppy
  • wigglepuppy

Wigglemeister!

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:13 PM

Well mines appeared back in my track order section but got an email saying i have been charged for my Collectors Edition. Checked my online bank to see if the money has gone out its not but the email says they will take the money once despatched.

Andy.
  • Andy.

Custom

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:14 PM

I paid by debit card too.

Mine is still missing from the order tracking page. Worried now  :/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users